• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

║ Barclays Premier League Season 2013-14 ║

PetrCech

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I trust Joe but he might NOT start against Everton, admits Pellegrini

By IAN LADYMAN PUBLISHED: 12:24 GMT, 4 October 2013 | UPDATED: 17:39 GMT, 4 October 2013

Manuel Pellegrini claims he still has trust in Joe Hart after his Champions League horror show but has failed to assure him he will be picked for Saturday's home game with Everton. Manchester City goalkeeper Hart is under the spotlight after his mistakes contributed to Wednesday night's home defeat by Bayern Munich. City manager Pellegrini said: 'With Joe we analysed the game and he feels he didn't do very well.

article-2443733-1885152400000578-223_634x437.jpg

I can't watch! Joe Hart looks away as understudy Costel Pantilimon (right) takes centre stage at training

article-2443733-1885155800000578-544_634x407.jpg

My turn! Hart takes his place in goals and issues instructions to his defenders

article-2443733-18851A2F00000578-945_634x361.jpg

Glum: Joe Hart (right) trains with the rest of the City squad ahead of their game against Everton

article-2443733-187987B100000578-862_634x412.jpg

Oops: Hart has come under serious scrutiny after high profile mistakes, most notably against Bayern Munich

article-2443733-187985BC00000578-340_634x368.jpg

Bad night: Hart cut a dejected figure after his two blunders but manager Manuel Pellegrini still trusts him

article-2443733-1885193400000578-846_306x423.jpg

Looking over: Pellegrini with assistant Brian Kidd

'But he continues with the team and with our trust. We hope he will recover from what he did the other night. 'We will decide tomorrow but I don't know if Joe will play. Joe knows he must improve but he has our trust.' City have lost two games since annihilating Manchester United in the derby last month and Pellegrini admitted at his lunchtime press conference that things must improve. 'All the games are different but we played very bad the other night,' he said, 'It was not our day. The three goals were bad. You cant give those goals away. 'We should have more points in the league. Its not a good points average.

'If you want to win the Premier League you cant just get one point from three away games. We go to London for two games after Everton and we must make up for it.' Suffice to say, then, that this will have been a pretty painful week for Hart. Defeat at Aston Villa at the weekend has been followed by another at the hands of Bayern Munich and Hart is being blamed for at least two of the goals conceded to the European champions on Wednesday.

article-2443733-188519ED00000578-271_634x399.jpg

All smiles: Remnants of the midweek mauling couldn't be seen at training, with City players sharing a laugh

article-2443733-18851A1B00000578-767_634x423.jpg

Round in circles! Pellegrini had his players enjoying training ahead of Everton

article-2443733-18851A0800000578-173_634x468.jpg

article-2443733-18593CD200000578-546_634x420.jpg

article-2443733-1879990F00000578-531_634x405.jpg

Problems: The Chilean looked exasperated on the touchline during the 3-1 defeat by Bayern Munich

article-2443733-187917DF00000578-325_634x408.jpg

Make up: Pellegrini hopes City can bounce back from disappointment before the international break

TOURE TWEETS

Yaya Toure has succumb to Twitter and joined late on Thursday night.

The midfielder's handle is, perhaps predictably,

@Toure_yaya42

Hart must now listen to speculation about his position with England and City. It is not the first time. The high standards of his early years in the City first team have, it must be said, given way to uncertainty. Already this season, Hart, 26, has erred in a Barclays Premier League game at Cardiff — City lost 3-2 — and in England’s win over Scotland in a friendly at Wembley. And now this.England manager Roy Hodgson does not have many options in Hart’s position but City do and it will be interesting to see if Pellegrini removes him from duty on Saturday.

article-2443733-1885152B00000578-537_634x362.jpg

Keeping up: City can go within two points of leaders Arsenal if they beat Everton at the Etihad

PetrCech

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Lukaku will stay with Everton until summer Chelsea decision - agent

323442_heroa.jpg

Oct 4, 2013 6:24:00 PM

The Belgian's representative, Christophe Henrotay, tells Goal that rumours of a January loan switch from Goodison Park to Juventus are impossible and his client happy where he is

EXCLUSIVE
By Wayne Veysey | UK Correspondent

Romelu Lukaku will remain at Everton until next summer and a decision will not be made on his Chelsea future until next June, according to his agent.

The 20-year-old striker has been an instant hit at Goodison Park at the start of a second consecutive season-long loan from Stamford Bridge.

Reports have suggested that Lukaku could go on loan to Juventus in January but this is firmly denied by the player's camp, who echo Everton manager Roberto Martinez in insisting there is no release clause in the contract that took him from Chelsea to Merseyside.

Lukaku's long-time agent, Christophe Henrotay, told Goal: "It is impossible that Romelu joins Juventus in January for two reasons - he is on loan at Everton until the end of the season and, for him, there is nothing in his mind about changing clubs.

"There is no clause. It is a season-long loan. He chose to join Everton, he wanted to play for Everton and score goals for them and will not go anywhere in January. He is concentrating on his form and the manager is happy with him.

"In the summer it will be a decision between the club [Chelsea], me and Romelu over his future. He has two years left on his contract in June, so there is no decision about a transfer right now."

Henrotay, who has managed Lukaku's affairs since the Belgian progressed through the ranks at Anderlecht, dispelled rumours claiming that the player is now represented by super-agent Mino Raiola, whose clients include Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Mario Balotelli.

"This rumour is not correct," the agent explained. "I have heard that it comes from a fake Twitter account.

"Our relationship with Romelu is perfect. We still have a contract for a year or more. There is no reason that he would swap agents."

PetrCech

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I won't smoke again vows Jack Wilshere

Wilshere was photographed smoking outside a London nightclub in the early hours of Thursday morning as he celebrated Arsenal's 2-0 win over Napoli in the Champions League.

Agence France-Presse | Last updated on Monday, 07 October 2013 22:23

jack-wilshere-300-vswba.jpg

London: Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere has promised never to smoke again after being caught with a cigarette in public.

Wilshere was photographed smoking outside a London nightclub in the early hours of Thursday morning as he celebrated Arsenal's 2-0 win over Napoli in the Champions League.

Gunners manager Arsene Wenger was critical of Wilshere's behaviour, but still included the England star in his starting line-up for Sunday's 1-1 draw at West Bromwich Albion.

And Wilshere struck it lucky with a deflected equalising goal in the second half to give Arsenal the point which took them back to the top of the Premier League table.

Wilshere's strike was his first league goal in almost three years, but he conceded his decision to smoke was a mistake he won't make again.

"Players make mistakes," he told Arsenal Player on Monday. "I am not a smoker. I spoke with the boss and he asked me what happened.

"I explained to him and we sorted it out.

"He put me in the team and hopefully I repaid him.

"I am not a smoker so I think that will be my last (cigarette)."

Wenger had said ahead of the Hawthorns clash that he "disagreed completely" with Wilshere's behaviour, but he was pleased with the way the 21-year-old responded to the negative publicity.

"He is an honest guy and when he is wrong he knows it," Wenger said.

"I think today the players don't get away with anything. We got away with it a bit more but they know that's the rules of the modern game.

"They have to deal with it and I think he learns very quickly. What is more interesting for him and for Arsenal is that he shows the right response on the pitch."

PetrCech

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Tottenham fan arrested over alleged use of Y-word released on bail

• Nine other arrests made for public order offences
• Police warned fans before game about antisemitic abuse

Press Association
The Guardian, Monday 7 October 2013 11.38 BST

Tottenham-v-West-Ham-002.jpg

Only one Tottenham supporter was arrested for allegedly using the Y-word during the home defeat by West Ham. Photograph: Eddie Keogh/Reuters

A Tottenham Hotspur supporter arrested at half-time during Sunday's 3-0 defeat to West Ham United for using the term "Yid" has been released on bail until November.

The Metropolitan police confirmed that nine other arrests were made for other public order offences during and after the match, which the away team won 3-0.

Both sets of fans travelling to White Hart Lane had been warned by police that they could face arrest if they were heard chanting the word, which has been a theme among Spurs supporters for some time. Yid is a term for a Jewish person which is often considered derogatory, but fans of the north London club chant the word as an act of defiance against those who taunt them because of their links with the Jewish community.

Despite the warning, home fans sang "Yid army" and "We'll sing what we want" before kick-off and the chants did not cease throughout the match. Police confirmed that a 51-year-old man was arrested after committing a section five public-order offence at half-time in the East stand.

West Ham's fans were under intense scrutiny after last year's corresponding Premier League fixture was marred by a small section of the away support using antisemitic language and hissing loudly in an attempt to mimic the gassing of Jews during the Holocaust.

The Hammers' co-chairmen David Sullivan and David Gold, as well as manager Sam Allardyce, had pleaded with fans ahead of the game to avoid a repeat of such instances and, with no arrests linked to chanting made among their supporters, it appears they listened.

Sullivan issued a statement on Monday afternoon praising the behaviour of West Ham's travelling contingent.

"It was a truly memorable afternoon for West Ham United at White Hart Lane on Sunday and I want to personally thank our fans for the important role they played in it," he said.

"While Sam Allardyce's tactics and the players will rightly be praised for an absolutely outstanding 3-0 win at our local rivals, our fans made sure that today's headlines were all about football rather than events in the stands.

"On Sunday morning, I wrote an open letter to supporters attending the game to remind them they would be acting as ambassadors for our club. As expected, they did not let us down."

PetrCech

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Poyet signs on: Former Brighton boss pens three-year deal as new manager of struggling Sunderland

By COLIN YOUNG PUBLISHED: 10:22 GMT, 7 October 2013 | UPDATED: 17:20 GMT, 7 October 2013

Gus Poyet has signed a three-year deal to become the new Sunderland manager.The former Brighton boss was the preferred choice of owner Ellis Short, who has been persuaded to turn to Poyet by director of football Roberto De Fanti. Poyet was also close to landing the job when Martin O'Neill was sacked but he was still employed by Brighton at the time and Short was unwilling to pay the compensation.

article-2448517-1893B7DF00000578-623_634x378.jpg

Reservations: Sunderland supporters won't be unanimous in wanting Poyet to take the club forward

article-0-1A96BA05000005DC-471_634x376.jpg

In: Gus Poyet is on the verge of being appointed the new manager of Sunderland

article-0-190B0ACA000005DC-745_634x407.jpg

Keeping up appearances? Paolo Di Canio was sacked by the Black Cats in September

POYET'S COACHING CAREER

July 2006 - Assistant at Swindon with Dennis Wise taking over as manager

October 2006 - Both Poyet and Wise moved to Leeds keeping the same roles

October 2007 - Becomes first team coach at Spurs under Juande Ramos

November 2009 - Takes over as boss at Brighton, winner the League One title in 2011

June 2013 - Sacked as manager of Brighton after a club inquiry

October 2013 - Appointed Sunderland manager

The chairman/owner opted for Paolo Di Canio instead. Although he kept Sunderland up with two wins in seven last season, his relationship soured with players and the club picked up just one point in four games.

Supporters and players might have preferred caretaker Kevin Ball to have been given the job permanently but his hands were tied by two difficult games against Liverpool and Manchester United. They did beat Peterborough in the Capital One Cup but lost both league matches, despite improved performances.

After signing 14 new players, but just one Englishman, De Fanti has been pushing for a bilingual coach since Di Canio's ugly exit, which was instigated by unhappy players. Poyet, who has not hidden his desperation to get the job, fits the bill.

article-0-1860FF6000000578-398_634x469.jpg

Temporary solution: Kevin Ball has been caretaker manager but wanted the job full-time

Ball has brought some much-needed stability to the club and is expected to return to his role as Under 21 boss. His promotion to the top job would have had universal backing from supporters, despite the two defeats.They will have reservations about Poyet, as Short has had during this impasse. Poyet will have to win fans over by taking Sunderland off the foot of the table, starting at Swansea after the international break.

article-2448517-188B758800000578-273_634x465.jpg

The lost boys: Craig Gardner (right) celebrates putting Sunderland ahead against Manchester United on Saturday but they were defeated thanks to two goals from Adnan Januzaj (below left)

article-2448517-188B91AA00000578-917_634x335.jpg

Adnan Januzaj scores

PetrCech

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Manchester United reject Belgium call-up for Januzaj

325435_heroa.jpg

By Alex Smith94
Oct 7, 2013 10:01:00 PM

The Premier League side insists the 18-year-old is not ready to make a decision on his international future, with Albania, Serbia, Turkey and England all ready to pounce

Manchester United have turned down Belgium coach Marc Wilmot's attempt to call up talented winger Adnan Januzaj.

The Premier League champions insist the 18-year-old is not ready to make a decision on his international future after notching twice on his first league start for his domestic side.

"Manchester United told me that Januzaj has not made a decision to play for a national team yet, not for any country," Wilmots told reporters.

"We gave a clear signal [that we want him to play for Belgium] and now it's up to him. I will respect his choice."

Januzaj's stock has risen after scoring a match-winning double on his first start for United as David Moyes' side came from behind to beat Sunderland 2-1 on Saturday.

The winger is eligible to represent Albania, Turkey, Serbia and Belgium, but United do not want to rush the youngster’s decision.

England is another possibility for Januzaj, with manager Roy Hodgson confirming on the BBC’s 'Match of the Day' programme that talks are lined up regarding the youngster.

"It has to be seriously debated before we start re-nationalising players," Hodgson said. "But there's no doubt he's a real talent and we have our eyes on him. There's a lot still to be discussed."

PetrCech

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

EXCLUSIVE: I was on the touchline with £30k stuffed down my trousers

By HARRY REDKNAPP PUBLISHED: 23:05 GMT, 7 October 2013 | UPDATED: 23:26 GMT, 7 October 2013

I think Portsmouth ended up giving Paul Merson about £5,000 a week - and Aston Villa were paying him £20,000. As soon as he walked in the dressing room, he had an effect.He was a great player for Portsmouth. He lifted everybody. I loved him but it wasn’t always so straightforward. One day at Millwall he came into the dressing room with a big, brown bag full of readies. ‘Would you look after this for me, gaffer?’ he asked. ‘It’s 30 grand. It’s for a bookmaker, an Irish mob. They’re after me and I’ve got to meet them after the game. Will you look after it for me until then?’

article-2449190-05E61A7C0000044D-35_634x452.jpg

Star signing: Harry Redknapp convinced Paul Merson to sign for Portsmouth in 2002

article-2449190-005C46E600000258-465_634x448.jpg

Making a difference: Merson played a major role in helping Portsmouth win promotion

article-2449190-006D130E00000258-193_634x373.jpg

On the up: Redknapp guided Portsmouth to the Premier League in 2003

article-2449190-187E167000000578-16_306x423.jpg

Extracted from Always Managing: My Autobiography by Harry Redknapp with Martin Samuel, published by Ebury on October 10 at £20. © Harry Redknapp 2013. To order a copy for £15.99 (p&p free), call 0844 472 4157.

I couldn’t leave it in the changing room, but I almost always wear a suit on the touchline. That day I changed. I put a tracksuit on so there was more room to conceal these readies. It was OK until I sprung out of my seat on the touchline. As I did, I felt something move. As I was trying to get a message to the players I could feel Merson’s 30 grand making its way south along my trouser leg. I looked down and the notes were coming out the bottom of my trousers.I edged back to my seat like a bloke who needed the toilet quickly. The staff were very concerned. ‘Are you all right, Harry?’ I was virtually doubled up, as if in pain.

I slid into my seat and didn’t move, stuck in this awkward position in case the money moved again.The staff kept asking if I needed to see the doctor, and I kept telling them it was nothing, I was fine, I just needed to be left alone. I was rooted to the spot. We ended up winning 5–0 and Merson got cheered off by the Millwall punters, he was that good.It wasn’t the only result he had that day. He told me afterwards that the money he owed was nearer £100,000 than £30,000 but the bookmakers had decided to cut their losses.

PetrCech

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Pogba was a huge loss to Manchester United, says Evra

307343_heroa.jpg

By Gill Clark8
Oct 8, 2013 6:37:00 PM

The France defender has hailed the midfielder's power and aggression and says he was highly thought of by both Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes during his time at Old Trafford

Patrice Evra says Paul Pogba's decision to leave Manchester United for Juventus was a “truly a huge loss” for the club.

The France international left Old Trafford in the summer of 2012, going on to win the Serie A title in his first season with Juventus.

However, Evra has hailed Pogba’s qualities and says he was well-respected at the club, particularly by some of the Red Devils' most experienced players.

“His [Pogba's] talent on the pitch, his aggression, his presence, is very rare," said Evra told French TV station TF1.

“He very quickly earned the respect of players like Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes.

“It’s true that have you have to win over the manager too, but to have won the dressing room like he did [was impressive].

“It was truly a huge loss when he left the club.”

The powerful midfielder has recently blamed Sir Alex Ferguson for his decision to leave the club, particularly after he was left out of a game, in a match United went on to lose 3-2.

"Against Blackburn, on December 31, 2011, I was on the bench. Ferguson puts Rafael in midfield with Ji Sung Park. Then I gave up. I was really bummed," he told Telefoot.

"I joined Juve to silence people who have criticised me, who did not believe in me and said that I would fail."

PetrCech

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Manchester United midfielder Marouane Fellaini could delay wrist surgery until December

8 Oct 2013 17:37

By Alex Richards

The Red Devils' summer signing now likely to play for Belgium in their remaining World Cup qualifiers

Shakhtar-Donetsk-v-Manchester-United-UEFA-Champions-League-2333184.jpg

Healing hands: Fellaini may delay his wrist surgery

Manchester United midfielder Marouane Fellaini will delay surgery on his injured wrist until December, according to reports.

The £27 million midfielder, who arrived at Old Trafford on transfer deadline day from Premier League rivals Everton, strained ligaments in his wrist joint during the 1-1 draw with Shakhtar Donetsk last Wednesday and requires surgery.

It was initially thought the Belgian international would undergo surgery immediately following a meeting with a specialist on Monday - a move which would have ruled the 25-year-old out until December. But it is now thought that he will put off any operation until the Christmas period.

Fellaini is therefore likely to continue playing with a splint on his injured wrist, and could be in the Belgium side for their World Cup qualifier with Croatia on Friday, when they can secure their place in Brazil.

Manchester-United-v-Crystal-Palace-Premier-League-2273811.jpg

Easy big fella: Delaying surgery will mean Fellaini can continue carving out a place for himself in David Moyes' side

His availability pleased his national team manager Marc Wilmots, who had been ready to go to war with United over the powerful midfielder.

"Marouane Fellaini should be able to play for Belgium against Croatia in Zagreb on Friday," said Wilmots on Monday.

"Marouane has suffered wrist ligament injury and will have to undergo surgery. He will join the squad and train on Tuesday with a splint.

"As far as I am concerned, in principle he is able to play Friday. This does not mean that he will automatically play. I have not heard from Manchester United asking that the operation should be as quickly as possible."

PetrCech

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Januzaj's dad will have a big say on whether starlet signs for Man United, Barcelona, Juventus or City

'He is at the right club. He has the right players around him who are willing to help him and obviously the right manager. He has the ability. As long as he keeps along the right lines and does the right things he has got a great chance of having one of the best careers.'

By IAN LADYMAN PUBLISHED: 11:54 GMT, 8 October 2013 | UPDATED: 12:06 GMT, 8 October 2013

Adnan Januzaj’s future at club and country will be decided by his father, it has been claimed.Manchester United starlet Januzaj is currently weighing up an offer of a new contract from the Barclays Premier League champions while also deciding whether to accept an invitation to play for the Belgian national side. Januzaj knows there is interest in him from Barcelona, Juventus and even Manchester City and could play for Albania due to his blood line.

article-2449260-188BB29C00000578-929_634x432.jpg

Premature? Adnan Januzaj has already attracted the top European clubs after just one standout performance

article-2449260-1890401300000578-515_634x829.jpg

Hot property: Januzaj pictured taking a stroll through Manchester on Sunday

However, his former youth coach at formative club Anderlecht has revealed that Januzaj’s father is the most decisive influence. Jean Kindermann said: 'When he was young, his father always forbade him from going to the national youth teams.'He could have played many times for the national under-15s or under-16s but his father focused only on education and Anderlecht.'Januzaj turned down another invitation from Belgium only yesterday and there has even been talk of him qualifying to play for England on grounds of residency. Former Belgian goalkeeper Nico Vaesen, now an agent, told the BBC: 'He is a very gifted footballer and Manchester United noticed that at an early age.

'He is well looked after by his father, who took the family over to Manchester with him when Adnan moved to United. It will be his father who has a big say on what country Adnan will end up playing for.'
Januzaj spent six years at Anderlecht before United paid in the region of £300,000 to bring him to England. He was on the bench for Sir Alex Ferguson’s final United game last season but has been given his head by new manager David Moyes, rewarding his coach’s faith with two stunning goals in last weekend’s win at Sunderland.'He made a big impression - such a talent you don't see every year,' added Kinderman.

article-2449260-188B8E0B00000578-713_634x444.jpg

Double: He scored both goals as United came from behind to beat Sunderland at the Stadium of Light

'He stood out because of his technical skills, his protection of the ball, the fact that he is always standing up, that he has a fantastic sense of the game. 'He was physically very, very small when we lost him three seasons ago. Now I see a real athlete - when he left here he was a young boy.' United midfielder Michael Carrick has no doubt there is a lot swirling around Januzaj, but is confident conditions are right for him to cope.

The 32-year-old England international told the Manchester Evening News: 'It is a lot for a young lad to take to come in like that. The attention he is going to get now will be a lot.
'He is young, he is going to learn along the way and learn fast. I am sure he will be fine. 'Young lads can come in and change. Their life can change overnight and the expectations and pressures change. There are more responsibilities.'But he is at the right place and he has a good attitude. He is going to stay on the right lines.'I and the other experienced players are there to set an example and do the right things.'

article-2449260-189090FF00000578-188_634x445.jpg

Youngster: Januzaj has only featured in a handful of games so far this season

article-2449260-1896577800000578-316_306x423.jpg
article-2449260-1896577D00000578-861_306x423.jpg

Influence: It is likely the 18-year-old's father will have a big say in where Januzaj ends up... and which country he represents at international level

Carrick has emphasised that the very fact United boss David Moyes opted to give Januzaj his full debut meant the rest of the team had no qualms about his readiness for it, even before he netted the second-half brace at the Stadium of Light that steered the Red Devils to their come-from-behind victory.'You don’t want to heap too much praise on him and put pressure on him because he is so young,' Carrick said.'He will probably have good days and he will have not so good days because he is learning the game.'But at Sunderland he was top drawer. He carried on what he has been doing in training since we got back from pre-season.

'He is good enough. He may be aged 18 but he’s not a kid as a player. He is a top player. He is in the team so he is one of us. It doesn’t really matter how old you are or how many games you have played.
'The boss picked him so we trust him. There are bits of advice and bits of help that people like myself can pass on. I told him at half-time at Sunderland to get in the box a bit more - so that helped, didn’t it! 'In terms of debuts, he has scored two and we have won 2-1 so what can you say about that?'In some ways he won us the game. His performance was good. He has everything sat there for him to prosper and fulfil his potential.

PetrCech

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

_70345403_70345402.jpg

9 October 2013 Last updated at 09:13 GMT

Premier League's £12m fund for away fans welcomed by group

By Saj Chowdhury
BBC Sport

The Premier League's efforts to reduce costs for away supporters have been welcomed by a fans' group.

The 20 top-flight clubs have been given £200,000 each to subsidise travelling fans, with some offering ticket deals and others providing free coach travel.

The Football Supporters' Federation says ticket prices are the priority.

"The League's response has been very positive," said the group's chief executive Kevin Miles. "But ticket costs are the main issue."

In August, Premier League chief executive Richard Scudamore announced a total of £12m would be given to clubs over the next three seasons, in response to a 10% decline in away attendances over the past five seasons.

With this season's instalments of £200,000, Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester United, Swansea, Fulham, Crystal Palace and Sunderland have all offered either discounts or deals on tickets.

Meanwhile, free transport has been made available by clubs including Hull, Aston Villa and Stoke, with the latter offering complimentary coach travel for all of their away matches this season. As a result, the Potters took a club record number of fans to Liverpool on the opening weekend.

Four clubs are yet to say what they plan to do with the money.

Miles stressed ticket prices remained the "central issue" that determined attendances.

"We [the FSF] launched a campaign last season, 'Twenty's Plenty'. We believe £20 is a reasonable price to pay as an away fan. Once you add in travel costs, away fans shouldn't be expected to pay £50 and more to go to watch their team," he said.

Last season, Manchester City fans complained when Arsenal charged them £62 for a ticket for January's fixture at Emirates Stadium. The match was deemed to be a Category A game, fixtures that command the highest ticket prices.

"We are also pressing for abolition of price categorisation for away fans," added Miles. "A lot of clubs categorise their matches according to how tickets are going to sell.

"If that applies to away fans who follow a successful club, then they will pay top prices. We think that's unfair."

A 2013 BBC survey of the costs of football found the average prices of the most expensive season ticket and highest and lowest match-day prices in the Premier League had fallen by up to 5.3%.

How Premier League clubs are spending the £200,000:

Arsenal: Away fans will receive a £2.50 discount on every remaining away Premier League match ticket. The club will also provide away supporters with a £10 refreshments voucher at an away fixture this Christmas and invest in the away end at Emirates Stadium.

Aston Villa: The club are offering away supporters free coach travel for 10 games this season, starting with the match against Hull City on 5 October.

Cardiff: The Bluebirds will subsidise 30 coaches for Norwich City (26 October), so fans only have to pay £5. They are also looking into other deals.

Chelsea: The Blues are offering subsidised travel for at least 10 away games this season, including the trips to Everton, Manchester United, Newcastle United and Sunderland.

Crystal Palace: The Eagles are offering a deal that lets supporters buy an adult ticket at half price with every full-price junior ticket purchased.

Everton: Matter under discussion.

Fulham: The Cottagers are offering free tickets for juniors and free travel to all away games. They have also made improvements to the Putney End (away stand) facilities at their own ground.

Hull: Offering free travel to away games, and now have nearly 30 coaches going to Everton (19 October). The club are also offering free travel to Spurs (League and League Cup), Southampton, Arsenal and Swansea, all before the Christmas period. Hull are also considering subsidising match-ticket prices for one of the games.

Liverpool: A reduction in away ticket prices of between £2 and £4, depending on the opposition. The decision was taken after consultation with the club's Supporters' Committee.

Man City: In addition to the £200,000 fund, the City players have also contributed to the club's offer of half-price tickets to seasoncard holders at selected away games throughout the season. Work is also underway to enhance the away areas at the Etihad Stadium for travelling fans.

Man Utd: The club will be applying a £4 discount on all away tickets - coming into effect from the Fulham game on 2 November. Any unused money will be added to next season's £200,000.

Newcastle: The Magpies will fund travel to away games for Disabled Supporters' Association members.

Norwich: Matter under discussion.

Southampton: Matter under discussion.

Stoke: The Potters are offering free coach travel to away fans for all Premier League fixtures.

Sunderland: The Black Cats are subsidising away tickets at certain fixtures by £10 and improving the concourse, signage and bar areas for travelling fans at the Stadium of Light. They have also produced 40,000 guidebooks for visiting fans with things to see and do in the area.

Swansea: The Swans are offering a deal that lets supporters buy an adult ticket at half price with every full-price junior ticket purchased. They also provided free hot meals for every travelling fan at Southampton on 6 October.

Tottenham: Spurs are subsidising coach travel for 14-19 away games this season.

West Brom: For the 12th time in 11 seasons, the club will be providing free coach travel for around 2,000 Albion fans to a yet-to-be-confirmed away fixture. Discounted ticket offers for selected fixtures will also be made available to away fans visiting The Hawthorns. Away fans will also benefit from the reduced food and drink prices in the Hawthorns concourses.

West Ham: Matter under discussion

PetrCech

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Russian side remain keen on re-signing Liverpool star

By talkSPORT (@talkSPORT) | Wednesday, October 9, 2013

martin-skrtel.jpg

Zenit St Petersburg could rekindle their interest in Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel in January if they make it through the Champions League group stage.

According to reports in Russia, they have set aside around £16m to land a new central defender in the New Year - and Skrtel is one of the names on their list.

The 28-year-old joined Liverpool from Zenit back in 2008 and became a mainstay in the club's defence.

But his future looked uncertain when he was used only occasionally in the second half of last season - then manager Brendan Rodgers signed three central defenders during the summer transfer window.

He has forced his way back into the first-team picture and has made six appearances this season.

But Zenit, who tried to take him back to St Petersburg this summer, could be ready to try and prise him away once more in January.

Luciano Spalletti's side are currently third in Champions League Group G, behind Porto and Atletico Madrid, with one point from their opening two games.

Should they make it through that group, Zenit will only attempt to sign a centre-back who is not cup-tied in Europe - and the Slovakian would fit the bill.

PetrCech

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Gerrard backs Dyke's plan to HALVE the number of foreign players in Premier League

By DAVID KENT PUBLISHED: 13:09 GMT, 10 October 2013 | UPDATED: 15:37 GMT, 10 October 2013

England captain Steven Gerrard agrees with FA chairman Greg Dyke's plan to halve the number of foreign players in the Premier League.In a speech last month, Dyke said the 'frightening trend' of the reduction in the number of England-qualified players in the top flight needed addressing. And Liverpool midfielder Gerrard has backed his calls. Speaking ahead of England's crunch qualifier against Montenegro, Gerrard said: 'Credit to Greg, he is trying to put a structure in place to improve the statistics in terms of English players coming through so we have to give it time. It won't happen overnight.
'I read something about him trying to half the number of foreigners allowed in the country and I think that is a good start.'

article-2451869-18A760E500000578-752_634x363.jpg

Time to shine: Jack Wilshere (centre) trains on Thursday ahead of England's crunch qualifier against Montenegro

article-2451869-18A75C9300000578-637_634x444.jpg

Sparring: But Danny Welbeck and Jermain Defoe will have their game faces on come Friday evening

article-2451869-18A7605700000578-331_634x434.jpg

Leading by example: England captain Steven Gerrard (right) looks set to start in the centre of midfield

'These games are up there with the most important I have played in,' Gerrard added. 'We are at a critical stage of the qualifying campaign and it's up to us to deliver.' Meanwhile, Roy Hodgson has defended Jack Wilshere over comments he made about 'foreigners' playing for England' and believes the Arsenal midfielder has shrugged off criticism he received for his stance.Amid the heated debate over whether Belgium-born Adnan Januzaj should be eligible to play for England, Wilshere said that 'only English people' should not be playing for England.

article-2451869-18A732BB00000578-278_634x435.jpg

Striking difference: Daniel Sturridge (above left) and Wayne Rooney (below) have trained well

article-2451869-18A7574200000578-812_634x405.jpg

Striking difference: Daniel Sturridge (above left) and Wayne Rooney (below) have trained well

The midfielder was criticised on Wednesday by South African-born England cricketer Kevin Pietersen who took offence to the comments. He reminded Wilshere of celebrated British sportsmen who were not born in England, mentioning Mo Farah, Justin Rose and Chris Froome.'We expect so much from Jack,' said the England manager ahead of England's World Cup qualifier against Montenegro. 'When someone comes onto the scene who’s an incredible talent you expect so much that every time they fall below the standards you’ve seen the alarm bells start.'He’s been in good form. The unfortunate furore over his quotes have not affected him.'I think his comments were, if not misunderstood, translated in a way people wanted to translate them.'We’re forever complaining that players don’t have an opinion so it’s quite wrong when a player gives an opinion to riticis their opinion.'The subject matter is worthy of debate and it’s something Greg Dyke and his commission will look into.

article-2451869-18A75FEB00000578-819_634x422.jpg

In the fray: Fraser Forster is hoping to earn his first cap for England in the two games

article-2451869-18A755D600000578-947_634x415.jpg

Importance: England's players must perform to ensure they reach the finals in Brazil

'It hasn’t affected Jack. He’s shrugged it off. He was asked an opinion, he gave an opinion. Some people liked it some people haven’t.'Wayne Rooney indicated earlier that England's strikers would ensure their passage to the World Cup in Brazil next summer, and Hodgson echoed the Manchester United star's view. 'I haven’t named the team (for Friday's game). I can't comment on who will start. I’m echoing Wayne’s view that the front players have trained well. 'It's nice to see Daniel Sturridge come into the squad and look comfortable and strike up a partnership with the other players. It's nice that strikers come in having scored for their clubs.'But Hodgson was keen to clarify that - although England were aiming to take all three points against Montenegro and Poland on Tuesday - they weren't going for all-out attack.'We will look at all our options,' he added. 'The important thing is to make sure we attack well but we need to be careful. Can’t operate a gung-ho approach and find ourselves a goal down. That would complicate things enormously.'

PetrCech

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Who is Harry Wilson? Five things you won't know about the Liverpool winger who is set to become Wales' youngest ever player

By SAM CUNNINGHAM PUBLISHED: 13:11 GMT, 10 October 2013 | UPDATED: 13:59 GMT, 10 October 2013

article-0-18A3483800000578-978_306x370.jpg

Chance: Harry Wilson has been called up by Wales for their World cup qualifiers

Liverpool teenager Harry Wilson will become the youngest player to represent Wales if he plays against Macedonia or Belgium in their coming fixtures. The 16-year-old has just been called into Chris Coleman's squad after the Wales manager suffered an injury crisis. He is a rapid winger, known for scoring long-range strikes, who likes to switch flanks, and came through Liverpool's academy, which he joined aged eight from Wrexham. Sportsmail brings you five things you didn't know about Harry Wilson...

1. Managed to get a 'C' in GCSE maths this year at the third time of trying.
2. Likes actor Denzel Washington ('doesn't do bad films') and Dynamo Magician ('this guy is on another level of craziness).
3. Dislikes Hollyoaks ('boring') and Peter Crouch's robot celebration ('worst celebration ever').
4. A huge fan of Gareth Bale and Ronaldinho, but his favourite players are Lionel Messi and Andres Iniesta.
5. Manchester United passed up the opportunity to take him on as a youngster before he joined Liverpool.

article-0-18A6EFEE00000578-195_634x386.jpg

Not alone: Wilson (second from left) is one of five new faces in the Wales squad

PetrCech

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Liverpool ready to sell Luis Suarez in January transfer window

12 Oct 2013 22:30
By Paul Smith

The Reds fear that transfer saga over controversial Uruguay striker will reignite during next transfer window

Liverpool-v-Crystal-Palace-Premier-League-2342533.jpg

Chop for Kop hero? The Reds may look to cash-in in January

Liverpool are planning for life without £50million-rated striker Luis Suarez.

The Uruguayan star attempted to force through a transfer in the summer as Arsenal relentlessly pursued him before Liverpool dug in their heels and refused to let him leave.

Suarez, who recently returned from a ten-match ban after biting Chelsea’s Branislav Ivanovic, is determined to test Liverpool’s resolve to keep him when the transfer window re-opens for business in January.

The 26-year-old has confided in friends that he remains determined to quit the Reds and join a club that will challenge for major honours. Ideally, he wants move to a Champions League club and as well as being one of world football’s greatest marksmen he will also not be cup tied from playing in Europe this season.

Arsenal will almost certainly return to lodge a bid which could reach the £50m mark, but it’s understood that Suarez will reject a move to The Emirates if Spanish giants Real Madrid enter the race to sign him.

Suarez has courted controversy throughout his career.

The biting incident involving the shocked Ivanovic was not the first time Suarez had been involved in an unseemly biting row.

He was banned for seven games when he was at Ajax after being found guilty of biting PSV Eindhoven’s Otman Bakkal’s shoulder during a match in November 2010.

During his time at Liverpool he also received an eight-match ban and £40,000 fine by the FA for racially abusing Manchester United’s left-back Patrice Evra in December 2011.

Branislav-Ivanovic-talks-with-Luis-Suarez-1846209.jpg

Biting point: Suarez's chomp on Branislav Ivanovic was one of several unsightly incidents involving the Uruguayan

Despite the controversies Suarez is still recognised as one of the best strikers in world football. In fact, Liverpool skipper Steve Gerrard has gone on the record to salute the striker’s prowess.

Liverpool paid Ajax £22.7m for him in January 2011 and signed him to a five-and-half-year contract that isn’t due to expire until the summer of 2016.

Yet barely 18 months after arriving at Anfield Suarez’s value has more than doubled.

Liverpool are aware of the potential backlash they will face from irate supporters. The official Anfield mantra is that club and player will carry on together.

The Anfield hierarchy have even talked about opening negotiations about a new contract.

But privately they fear the battle to retain his services will rear its ugly head yet again when the transfer window opens at the start of January. And senior Anfield sources believe another Suarez transfer tug-of-war will become an unwanted sideshow when, in so many ways, they are making great progress this season.

Suarez has disclosed to close friends that he will maintain his prolific current form to attract more suitors.

In the summer he accused Liverpool of reneging on a verbal agreement to let him go if a club offered £40 million for him.

When the club refuted that allegation and insisted they had no desire to sell him to one of their Premier League rivals, Suarez threatened to hand in an official transfer request. He never saw through that threat.

However the situation is likely to change in the next transfer window. Liverpool are already looking around for a replacement in the event of Suarez leaving.

Although their wish is to keep Suarez the hierarchy at Liverpool accept they are now facing a losing battle to retain the loyalty of a player desperate to escape.

PetrCech

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Red Bull looking to buy English football club and take them into the Champions League

12 Oct 2013 23:00
By Alan Nixon

Energy drinks firm are looking to add an English club to their sporting portfolio and takes them into the Champions League

DC-United-v-New-York-Red-Bulls--Eastern-Conference-Semifinals-1426636.jpg

Whole new Bull game: Red Bull have given Thierry Henry's New York side wings - will the Premier League be their next stop?

Billionaires Red Bull want to buy a football club in England – and ‘give it wings’ to make it big, writes Alan Nixon in the People.

The Austrian-based energy drinks firm are on the look-out for a suitable club, with Anglophile coach Ralf Rangnick, sporting director of Red Bull Salzburg, heading the search.

As well as current Austrian league leaders Salzburg, Red Bull already owns clubs in Germany, New York, Brazil and Ghana.

The company’s sporting assets also include two Formula One teams: Red Bull Racing and Scuderia Toro Rosso.

Now coach Rangnick, who almost got the Everton job in the summer, has been tasked to find a club in England for their latest move into ownership.

An insider in the deal said: “Red Bull want a team to take into the Champions League. It is the only market they have not reached yet. Ideally this would be in the London area, but both Everton and Liverpool interest them too because it would not take much to get them to that level.

“They have looked at the Championship, but you can spend fortunes there and not make any progress.”

Rangnick, an English-educated German, has a good knowledge of the game and is looking at several options. He would also oversee the *purchase and running of the club.

News of Red Bull’s interest is spreading rapidly and there should be no lack of willing sellers.

The company’s Formula One success, with Sebastian Vettel taking them towards a fourth straight title, has put them on the map, but buying a club in the ‘home’ of football could be their biggest coup yet.

And taking it into the Champions League is the ultimate aim for one of the biggest sports-backing firms in the business.

PetrCech

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Arsenal to lose out in race for Valdes with Barca keeper heading to mega-rich Monaco

By DAVID KENT PUBLISHED: 21:30 GMT, 13 October 2013 | UPDATED: 21:30 GMT, 13 October 2013

Barcelona goalkeeper Victor Valdes has hinted he will snub Arsenal and join Monaco instead at the end of the season.Valdes will definitely leave the Nou Camp after his contract ends after 11 years as stopper for the Catalan giants.Eric Abidal made the same move to the mega-rich French club last summer and Valdes said: ‘Playing alongside him again would be special.’

article-2458311-18AFF3BF00000578-199_634x389.jpg

Monaco-bound: Victor Valdes is set to snub Arsenal when he leaves Barcelona in the summer

article-2458311-18908B6400000578-7_634x537.jpg

Missing out: Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger was linked with a move for the Barcelona keeper

Barca have agreed a fee with Borussia Monchengladbach for Marc-Andre ter Stegen to replace Valdes at the end of the season.Reports had linked Gerardo Martino's men with a move for Chelsea's Thaibut Courtois and Celtic's Fraser Forster, but a price of £6.75million was agreed with the German side.They also want Napoli's on-loan Liverpool stopper Pepe Reina to deputy for ter Stegen.

article-2458311-18B24F4100000578-33_634x417.jpg

Reunion: Eric Abidal made the same move from Barcelona to Monaco last summer

PetrCech

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Pardew: We've got too many foreigners! Newcastle boss set for homegrown spree

By PAUL COLLINS PUBLISHED: 21:30 GMT, 13 October 2013 | UPDATED: 21:30 GMT, 13 October 2013

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew has admitted he needs more British players when Joe Kinnear looks to strengthen the squad in January. Pardew’s relationship with controversial director of football Kinnear has improved and they will work together to bring in targets. ‘Joe has asked what I want, I’ve told him and it’s his job to get it out of Mike Ashley,’ said Pardew.‘We need to look at British players because we’re starting to get filled up with perhaps too many foreigners.’

article-2458153-188AA66700000578-358_634x435.jpg

By the book: Alan Pardew wants more British players in his Newcastle side

article-2458153-1869734600000578-605_634x460.jpg

Head honchos: Padew explained his needs to Joe Kinnear (right), with owner Mike Ashley

One of Pardew's homegrown brigade could have been England's latest star Andros Townsend, who the St James's Park boss revealed he looked at signing in the summer.'We weren’t sure; I think that's where everybody was at the start of the season,’ he told Sky Sports. ‘You're talking about a high level. We've got fantastic players at our football club and is he better than the ones we've got? ‘I was a bit like ‘hmm, not sure’. I think (Andre Villas-Boas) was a little bit like that as well. ‘But fair play to the lad, he's come into Tottenham's team and done terrific and now he’s made that extra step which is great for England and Spurs in particular.'

article-2458153-188AEC9A00000578-838_306x423.jpg
article-2458153-188B4F8900000578-253_306x423.jpg

Foreign legion: Newcastle have a high number of overseas stars, with Papiss Cisse (left) and Hatem Ben-Arfa

article-2458153-18B6696D00000578-134_634x493.jpg

Celebrating star: Andros Townsend was looked at by Pardew for his Toon side