• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

‘Game of Thrones’ author says latest instalment will not be published b4 next season

LoveAction

Alfrescian
Loyal

‘Game of Thrones’ author says latest instalment will not be published before next season airs

PUBLISHED : Sunday, 03 January, 2016, 3:08pm
UPDATED : Sunday, 03 January, 2016, 3:08pm

Agence France-Presse in Washington

5f58efc4-b1e6-11e5-86ff-b7a34a11666b_1280x720.jpg

Author George RR Martin, understands why fans will be disappointed that he missed the December 31 deadline to finish The Winds of Winter, the sixth book in his popular fantasy series. Photo: AP

Game of Thrones fans were let down when author George RR Martin admitted he had missed a December 31 deadline to complete the latest instalment in the fantasy series.

“THE WINDS OF WINTER is not finished,” Martin announced in a lengthy blog post shortly after midnight.

“You're disappointed, and you're not alone. My editors and publishers are disappointed, HBO is disappointed, my agents and foreign publishers and translators are disappointed... but no one could possibly be more disappointed than me.”

Martin had hoped to submit the manuscript to his publishers by late 2015 so The Winds of Winter, the sixth volume of the series A Song of Ice and Fire, could be published early this year.

8e57abea-b1e5-11e5-86ff-b7a34a11666b_486x.jpg

The series of has millions of fans around the world. Photo: SCMP Picture

The author also missed a previous deadline, at Halloween, on the last day of October.

With the latest delay, Martin warned, The Winds of Winter will “most certainly” not be published before the sixth season of Games of Thrones airs on HBO in April.

Will the show, then, get ahead of the novel?

“Maybe. Yes and no,” Martin wrote.

“For years my readers have been ahead of the viewers. This year, for some things, the reverse will be true. How you want to handle that... hey, that's up to you.”

The author was cautious to avoid speculating on when Winds of Winter will hit bookshelves.

“Deadlines just stress me out,” he admitted.