• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do you consider NCMP an useless member in the Parliament ?

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
NCMPs can vote on all issues except amendment of the constitution, public funds, vote of no confidence in the government, and removing the president from office

Even Sylvia Lim said that government departments ignore her requests because she is a NCMP before she got elected into Parliament winning Aljunied GRC.

But there are 3 NCMPs this term... SPP Lina Chiam also took up this position :p

Last edited:

boman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can't do anything. Agreed. But good branding. At next GE, electorate know who you are and if you made memorable speeches like what Sylvia Lim did during the debate on ministers' pay, it helps put your name in the public arena.

Heart Break Kid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can't do anything. Agreed. But good branding. At next GE, electorate know who you are and if you made memorable speeches like what Sylvia Lim did during the debate on ministers' pay, it helps put your name in the public arena.

I agreed too... except NCMP has a face to show people & a mouth to talk in the Parliament and air on national TV :biggrin:

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is better for the opposition NCMP to just shut the fuck up and observe those monkeys in white in action.
Civil serpents will not listen to them anyway.

Heart Break Kid

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi there

1. though it is some useless thing, take a good look at joselin yeo.
2. however, it is good exposure to opposition ncmp.

1. So what did joselin yeo said in the Parliament as a NMP ?

2. I do not see any existence of such NCMP scheme in other countries Westminter system

Last edited:

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is better for the opposition NCMP to just shut the fuck up and observe those monkeys in white in action.
Civil serpents will not listen to them anyway.

NCMP has no capacity to write letters for Singaporeans to garment department.

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
NCMPs can vote on all issues except amendment of the constitution, public funds, vote of no confidence in the government, and removing the president from office

Even Sylvia Lim said that government departments ignore her requests because she is a NCMP before she got elected into Parliament winning Aljunied GRC.

Some oppositions believe that any form of advertisement is good advertisement and so they go around making blogs, forums, shouting "where is my money", etc. They certainly get known.

However NCMP is a position where the advertisement is creditable. It showcases the capabilities of the person in representing and presenting the needs and concerns of the people.

If the government departments ignore them, then it is the fault and failing of that government department and NOT the NCMP.

Of course for those whose minds are already made, it does not matter if the NCMP sleeps through Parliament, wakes up five years later and shout "Not enough MPs/NCMPs in Parliament, what you expect me to do?!!! Vote for me, vote for me". For them, even one MP is not enough, you need at least 30% to sleep through Parliament. For them, they do not vote by capability but by prejudices. PAP is bad and opposition is good. Nothing beyond the logic of a bigot.

But if the NCMP does his job properly, then comes the next election, he will have a track record that he can present to the electorate. It is up to the electorate to assess his worth. Just as it always been. But then the NCMP can now present an objective case.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NCMP are no different with open park speaker corner. They cannot vote for any bill. They cannot decide for anything.

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
NCMP are no different with open park speaker corner. They cannot vote for any bill. They cannot decide for anything.

But open park speaker corner come and go. NCMP make statements in Parliament. They can decide to speak and people can decide to given them a chance.

The credentials of WP are not forged overnight. It was through the efforts of Sylvia Lim and LTK. In some way (and I do not know how significant), the people recognize that they speak out of season and even a chance, they will speak in season. It is a contributing factor to the trust that the people gave to them.

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
But open park speaker corner come and go. NCMP make statements in Parliament. They can decide to speak and people can decide to given them a chance.

The credentials of WP are not forged overnight. It was through the efforts of Sylvia Lim and LTK. In some way (and I do not know how significant), the people recognize that they speak out of season and even a chance, they will speak in season. It is a contributing factor to the trust that the people gave to them.

I give credits to that. But I still if NCMP can vote in amendment of the constitution that will be even better :biggrin:

captainxerox

Alfrescian
Loyal
altho ncmp no bite, still depends on who the ncmp. sylvia lim is example of ncmp coming back to bite the pap in the ass

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1. So what did joselin yeo said in the Parliament as a NMP ?

2. I do not see any existence of such NCMP scheme in other countries Westminter system

hi there

1. bro, exactly.
2. the butch literally did nothing much!, the one handpicked by sheep.
3. but it would be on the other hand, of some use, preparation and exposure to promising ncmp of the opposition.

leoman

Alfrescian
Loyal
b positive n take it as a training ground 4 ur next election.
give gd , constructive, sg-concerned issue.

d people will listen n judge ur abitlity ..... juz like slyvia lim .... SHE PASSED!!

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
b positive n take it as a training ground 4 ur next election.
give gd , constructive, sg-concerned issue.

d people will listen n judge ur abitlity ..... juz like slyvia lim .... SHE PASSED!!

she didnt pass based on it. She enter parliament cause people voted for a collective group.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

if nominated MP is a PAP dog then it's...................................JIAK LIAO BI......................

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some oppositions believe that any form of advertisement is good advertisement and so they go around making blogs, forums, shouting "where is my money", etc. They certainly get known.

However NCMP is a position where the advertisement is creditable. It showcases the capabilities of the person in representing and presenting the needs and concerns of the people.

If the government departments ignore them, then it is the fault and failing of that government department and NOT the NCMP.

Of course for those whose minds are already made, it does not matter if the NCMP sleeps through Parliament, wakes up five years later and shout "Not enough MPs/NCMPs in Parliament, what you expect me to do?!!! Vote for me, vote for me". For them, even one MP is not enough, you need at least 30% to sleep through Parliament. For them, they do not vote by capability but by prejudices. PAP is bad and opposition is good. Nothing beyond the logic of a bigot.

But if the NCMP does his job properly, then comes the next election, he will have a track record that he can present to the electorate. It is up to the electorate to assess his worth. Just as it always been. But then the NCMP can now present an objective case.

yayaya! true!!! Next GE will have more pap NCMP for ojt.

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
yayaya! true!!! Next GE will have more pap NCMP for ojt.

that will never happen.....besides the company controls everything money, power, human resources......

come on pal.....its approved by 60% of sinkies.....

Anyway

it doesnt matter if the company screw up for last 10 years

use profane words to own sinkies

lose $1 trillion of the peoples' money

or age 100 years old or disable and etc.....

sinkies only care if you are a candidate from a top uni, top grades, good credentials or tailor made credentials...or are you a scholar

and they will be satisfied...... and vote for you