• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dr tan cheng bok- a decent ex pap mp

seiyup warrior

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dr Tan CHeng Bok is one of the not many PAP MPs I have regard.

I remembered vividly in one parliamentary meeting he raised doubts and concerns on importation of foreigners.That OLD Dog immediately jumped onto his feet and told Dr Tan,in his dictatorial tone,"YOU KNOW BETTER OR I KNOW BETTER"
Dr Tan obviously saw the futility to continue the debate.Dr Tan,like many Singaporeans in their heart of heart,is simply pissed off with such arrogance.That OLD DOG just simply cannot take criticism nor accept counsel.

Coming back to Dr Tan CHeng Bok,he recently asked a good question ,why the need for a name change for the work-in-progress Jurong Hospital to that of a late property tycoon whose family,I appreciate,are paying back to societyBut the point is Jurong Hospital is already being built on tax-payees money

For those who donot already know,Dr Tan CHeng Bok attended the REFORM PARTY political rally for WEST COAST GRC on the night of 5th May 2011 at the Clementi Stadium.As he walked slowly up the stadium steps between 7.30pm and8.00pm, he was handshaked by a couple of spectators and took a seat among ordinary folks,where he knew he rightfully belonged.Never before have I seen a PAP MP openly allowed himself to be seen in opposition party political rally

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
He was brought in by GCT and very soon upset the oldman. He became a thorn to the various govt bodies. This guy is a legend. The first time I heard of him was in the early 1980s about a "god" in the middle of Ama Keng Farmland. He was also very careful in choosing his fellow doctors in practice. All with high EQ. The number of parents that owe him big time for releasing the CPF for overseas studies for their kids is immeasurable.

And yes, get out of line and Old man will brow beat you. The last case was NMP Viswa Sadasivam - no squeak since and he rightly put it in his response to many comments in online forums - he has to look after his rice bowl.

Dr Tan CHeng Bok is one of the not many PAP MPs I have regard.

I remembered vividly in one parliamentary meeting he raised doubts and concerns on importation of foreigners.That OLD Dog immediately jumped onto his feet and told Dr Tan,in his dictatorial tone,"YOU KNOW BETTER OR I KNOW BETTER"
Dr Tan obviously saw the futility to continue the debate.Dr Tan,like many Singaporeans in their heart of heart,is simply pissed off with such arrogance.That OLD DOG just simply cannot take criticism nor accept counsel.

Coming back to Dr Tan CHeng Bok,he recently asked a good question ,why the need for a name change for the work-in-progress Jurong Hospital to that of a late property tycoon whose family,I appreciate,are paying back to societyBut the point is Jurong Hospital is already being built on tax-payees money

For those who donot already know,Dr Tan CHeng Bok attended the REFORM PARTY political rally for WEST COAST GRC on the night of 5th May 2011 at the Clementi Stadium.As he walked slowly up the stadium steps between 7.30pm and8.00pm, he was handshaked by a couple of spectators and took a seat among ordinary folks,where he knew he rightfully belonged.Never before have I seen a PAP MP openly allowed himself to be seen in opposition party political rally

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Isn't he the same one who question the change of Jurong Hosp to Ng Teng Fong just because of $200M donation. One of the "Few Good Men".

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. The idea of buying naming rights is a commercial transaction. If they are sincere about their donation, people are happy that some sort of recognition is given such as naming a wing or a facility etc. The fact that this guy built condo and commercial buildings with poor quality is not lost on many.

Isn't he the same one who question the change of Jurong Hosp to Ng Teng Fong just because of $200M donation. One of the "Few Good Men".

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tan Cheng Bok always one of the highest votes polled.
Well liked by everyone and looked after his ward well.
Was told no one in his ward ever gotten a HDB parking summons.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset

Indeed Dr Tan Cheng Bok is a true patriot, well-loved by many. I am glad he's no longer with the pap. Because the pap is a collection of men and women who are despised by more and more people.

[video=youtube;M_7pX4uiT8I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_7pX4uiT8I[/video]

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am all for renaming Kelatan Lane Clinic..........The Ong Beng Seng Center for Venereal Diseases! Discounts for Pappy dogs guaranteed!:oIo:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually it is the other around - Tan Cheng Bock is famous for chiding his residents for failing to pay their fines so much so that no one dare turn up for his meet the people session and ask for help in waiver. Since there is no letter to HDN, TP asking for help, they assume that residents are fined.

The govt bodies are dead scared of his letters and he will go to PMO directly if he does not find it right. He does not use PA as he feels their remit is wrong.

Was told no one in his ward ever gotten a HDB parking summons.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
In 52 year of PAP rule, only 2 MPs said or indicated that they will do something within the party so that they will act in the interest of Singaporeans. Viv B is one and the other is Tan Cheng Bock is the other. Guess who kept the promise.

I remembered he cried on national TV during Sars episode and many here excused him of croc tears

MightyMouse

Alfrescian
Loyal

The donation is only for $125M not $200M.

Dr Tan did not reject the donation outright as it is still a sizable amount but suggested that the family of the late NTF be given the honour of naming the hospital after a deserving Singaporean such as our late Presidents Wee Kim Wee, Ong Teng Cheong, etc. His suggestion was not taken up and he resigned from the Jurong General Hospital Board as he disagree with the principle of renaming the hospital on the basis of a donation.

pocoyo

Alfrescian
Loyal
He was brought in by GCT and very soon upset the oldman. He became a thorn to the various govt bodies. This guy is a legend. The first time I heard of him was in the early 1980s about a "god" in the middle of Ama Keng Farmland. He was also very careful in choosing his fellow doctors in practice. All with high EQ. The number of parents that owe him big time for releasing the CPF for overseas studies for their kids is immeasurable.

And yes, get out of line and Old man will brow beat you. The last case was NMP Viswa Sadasivam - no squeak since and he rightly put it in his response to many comments in online forums - he has to look after his rice bowl.

He is truly a legend in Ama Keng. He would still be one if Ama Keng were still around.

I believe everyone staying in Ama Keng knows about him. Too bad Ama Keng is gone for good like the rest under the hands of PAP.

Surprised to know he was linked to GCT.

He is a down-to-earth man. I would say he merely joined the wrong party.

However I guess he didn't have much choice of who to join at that time.

Anyway he is indeed a nice guy who never looks down on a person who is of lower class to him.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This guy is a legend. The first time I heard of him was in the early 1980s about a "god" in the middle of Ama Keng Farmland.

He is truly a legend in Ama Keng. He would still be one if Ama Keng were still around.

I believe everyone staying in Ama Keng knows about him. Too bad Ama Keng is gone for good like the rest under the hands of PAP.

Sorry but can you guys elaborate on the Ama Keng story to the noob here? Thank you!

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
watch

Last edited:

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[video=youtube;wpZq4GGV83U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpZq4GGV83U&feature=related[/video]

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lky dont like talents, he only like obedient dogs.
lky dont like his subordinates to be magnanimous, which oppose to his tyranny way of controlling peasants.
lky scared of leaders that treat the people well because people will replace him with those leaders!!!

pocoyo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry but can you guys elaborate on the Ama Keng story to the noob here? Thank you!

What I know is he had his clinic at Ama Keng almost since the village was established. And I think his clinic was there until the whole village was demolished.

The thing is during his practice there as a doctor, he had been very nice and kind to all his patient.

It was told that he would even help people even if it was beyond medical matter.

One main significance of him is he never put on an act and he is very humble to anyone he speaks to.

This is definitely different from most of the PAP guys.

These are all I can recall for now. How it helps..