• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP Cedric Foo gives out $4 Ang Baos!

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
750 in total of $4 = $3000.

Some people got themselves an early present from Government...

20110214.010335_pionieer.jpg

Mon, Feb 14, 2011
my paper

Hongbao and 'dragon' usher in CNY in Pioneer

BY GERRARD LAI

A RUSH for hongbao was seen yesterday at Frontier Community Club in Jurong West Central.

Elderly residents of the Pioneer precinct happily received the red packets - which symbolise good luck - from Mr Cedric Foo, a Member of Parliament for West Coast GRC.

Mr Foo, who also chairs the Government's Parliamentary Committee for National Development, distributed 750 hongbao, each containing $4, to residents to celebrate the Chinese New Year.

The event also saw more than 2,000 residents constructing a 273m dragon with rows of mandarin oranges.

Residents from countries like China, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar and the Philippines joined Singaporeans to help build dragon, which gained entry in the Singapore Book Of Records for being the country's longest display of oranges.

Singaporean Yong Wai Teck, 44, who attended the event, said that he felt a sense of harmonious warmth from speaking to residents of different cultures.

The managing director of a construction company said: "The event helped to bring together many new residents from overseas and it was a good opportunity for integration. I think everyone enjoyed themselves."

Cedric Foo - I will always remember him as the MP who said "... there is no such thing as White Horse in SAF..."

TNP(Tua Neh Pau)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Err? anyone know where does the $3000 comes from?

I dun mind if it is for old people but if it is free-for-all, then I hope it is not from some funds which source is from tax-payers.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Err? anyone know where does the $3000 comes from?

I dun mind if it is for old people but if it is free-for-all, then I hope it is not from some funds which source is from tax-payers.

Yes agreed. If out of his own pocket no issues.
if using our money then it's what chinese call paste others backside on face.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
To give $4 ang pow is bad luck. I am surprised this moron Cedric Foo does not know that. Because 4 sounds like the word for 'see" or death, its not normally given in ang pows. This cheap bastard could not put $8 in the ang pow (a lucky number), and there is such a thing as White Horse. I was one.

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
To give $4 ang pow is bad luck. I am surprised this moron Cedric Foo does not know that. Because 4 sounds like the word for 'see" or death, its not normally given in ang pows. This cheap bastard could not put $8 in the ang pow (a lucky number), and there is such a thing as White Horse. I was one.

dats the whole idea, he want the elderly residents to die faster mah...

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
dats the whole idea, he want the elderly residents to die faster mah...

Yes, agree, he telling them to "ker see" with the $4 ang pow. I am surprised no elderly residents throw the ang pow back in his face. Its not worth $4 to get a suay angpow like this.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

He is indeed a moron who didn't last too long in Cabinet. I recall this chap spoke out on 'white horses' and screwed it completely. MIWs will never take out cash from their pockets.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He admitted to white horses in SAF, but claimed the WH classification is there so that the white houses can be identified, and in doing so they will not be singled out and given preferential treatment - that was his line of reasoning.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
He admitted to white horses in SAF, but claimed the WH classification is there so that the white houses can be identified, and in doing so they will not be singled out and given preferential treatment - that was his line of reasoning.

Yes, u can see that his reasoning is very warped and illogical, like giving an unlucky number $4 to elderly residents in the form of ang pows. If u don't want anyone to stand out and get preferential treatment, than u should not stamp WH on the file. If all files are plain with no lettering on them, no one will know who is special and who is not. But this is typpical PAP logic. much like GST will help the poor.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
He is indeed a moron who didn't last too long in Cabinet. I recall this chap spoke out on 'white horses' and screwed it completely. MIWs will never take out cash from their pockets.

I think this moron and Gay Loong and MBT are in a threeway tie for lowest IQ among all PAP politicians.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yes, I recall what he said and only a fool will believe him. Shortly thereafter, he was removed. His greatest failure was in his inability to tell a simple lie. Shanmugam fares much better in this aspect.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha....elected in 2001, Cedric Foo served as MOS from 2002 to 2005.
think he make a boo boo on the White Horse comment in Parliament.
can be considered as cannot make it.

His 2001 batch incudes Ng EH, Khaw, Raymond Lim, Gan KY, V Bala.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hahaha....elected in 2001, Cedric Foo served as MOS from 2002 to 2005.
think he make a boo boo on the White Horse comment in Parliament.
can be considered as cannot make it.

His 2001 batch incudes Ng EH, Khaw, Raymond Lim, Gan KY, V Bala.

He is Cedric FooL that's why CMI.