• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Samsung Service Fxxx Up?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Service limbo: 'The two-day wait has since lengthened to two weeks.'
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I AM writing to highlight my disappointment with the lack of professionalism and poor responsiveness of the customer service provided by the Samsung service centre at Plaza Singapura.
I took my mobile phone, one of Samsung's latest mobile phone models, the SGH-F480, for repair on Sept 17 because of sound distortion. The problem was not solved, despite repeated attempts by Samsung's repair technicians. The phone was repaired thrice and took more than a month in all.
The last straw was when I was asked to collect my repaired phone from the Plaza Singapura service centre on Oct 8.
I was astounded to find the problem persisted, notwithstanding Samsung's claim that the motherboard had been replaced. I was told by the customer service officer that this time, the problem likely lay with the speaker. After a further 40-minute wait, the speaker was replaced and this time, the phone's ringtones rang clear and true. Unfortunately, the phone now failed to recognise the SIM card and could not be used at all.
I decided to escalate the matter, and asked that the manager of the service centre call me soon. The customer service officer promised the manager would call me within the next two days.
The two-day wait has since lengthened to two weeks. Repeated calls to the manager's number and the service centre have either met with an engaged tone, or gone unanswered. On the rare occasions when I managed to get through to the service centre, the officer who manned the lines had no record of my escalation request. After going through the aggravation of explaining the whole story again, I was given yet another promise that the manager would call me back. To date, I have been given at least five promises that the manager would call me back - and none has been met.
Worse, when I keyed in my reference number on the Samsung website, I was given the outcome, 'Goods collected'.
E-mail messages to the Samsung website have proven fruitless. I have also called the Samsung hotline, only to have the customer service officer on the phone inform me, matter-of-factly, that yes they had received my e-mails, that the level of customer service at the Plaza Singapura service centre is 'lacking', and that many customers are in the same position as me. The upshot is, the only thing that can be done is that the customer service officers manning the hotlines will leave a message for the manager of the service centre to call me back. Whether he does or not, appears to be entirely up to him. Ngoi Soon Hui (Ms)