• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

$600 Per IC to Feed Fat Cat TRAITOR Ministers. Acceptable?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jun 17, 2010

Why no free replacement of worn-out IC?

<!-- by line --><!-- end by line -->
<!-- end left side bar --><!-- story content : start -->
I VISITED the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) recently to renew my passport. At the same time, I inquired about replacing my worn-out identity card (IC).
However, I was told that I would have to pay $60 for its replacement.
I was subsequently informed by the ICA in writing that the fee is a 'gazetted fee provided for under the National Registration Regulations' and that the card is made of a highly durable polycarbonate material 'not easily damaged with normal handling' and can be 'expected to last a lifetime if kept or handled properly'.
Given that our ICs are used for a wide range of things, it is perhaps a tad optimistic to expect them to last a lifetime.
Even if a fee has to be imposed, why is it almost identical to that of replacing a lost IC?
Ng Tuck Kay

zuoom

Alfrescian
Loyal
personally, my IC is worn. as in the edges are chipped, and cracks are appearing on the plastic.

it was issued in 1992.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
LSL-Rose-300x225.jpg

You dare to look me in the eye and say $60 for the IC is expensive? U no want? My foreign trash dogs are more than happy to take over!

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why so itchy backside want to renew IC? Who's likely to see it? The poodle force. So why chap? save yr money. When asked for some form of ID, I have stopped using my IC and instead use my driving licence as far as possible.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
cooleo;487723 You dare to look me in the eye and say $60 for the IC is expensive? U no want? My foreign trash dogs are more than happy to take over![/QUOTE said:
I noticed that you sure have a stock list of 'mee siam mai hum'...photos:biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why so itchy backside want to renew IC? Who's likely to see it? The poodle force. So why chap? save yr money. When asked for some form of ID, I have stopped using my IC and instead use my driving licence as far as possible.

How about carrying around a photocopy of one's IC:confused:

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
$60 is cheap compared to the don't know how many extras I had to sign because my SAF 11B got defaced. It is not enough being a conscript, they had to torture you with things not related to defending your nation. CCB SAF! :oIo:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
$60 is cheap compared to the don't know how many extras I had to sign because my SAF 11B got defaced. It is not enough being a conscript, they had to torture you with things not related to defending your nation. CCB SAF! :oIo:

You have Dr. Goh Keng Swee to thank for, to instil in you, a sense of responsiblity & pride....:biggrin: ha ha ha ha

Slavery at its best...and furthrmore, it is legal :rolleyes: Human Rights, cannot even help you...:p

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am more amazed that he wrote a letter about it. By the way what does one do with the IC that it gets worn out. He mentioned a wide range of things. Am I missing something. Passport I understand especially a frequent travellor.

zuoom

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am more amazed that he wrote a letter about it. By the way what does one do with the IC that it gets worn out. He mentioned a wide range of things. Am I missing something. Passport I understand especially a frequent travellor.
say, for bicycle rental, borrowing of library books, using it for verification ID (be it for the passport, bank loans etc.) some guys need it to buy smokes, or for entry to nightspots.

they do get worn down. have seen more than a handful of guys n gals with their photos getting faded, blurred out. or the barcode at the rear missing a couple of strips, which would void a machine scan at the library.

i put my in the wallet all the time. and in these years, the corner edges of the card somehow do get chipped off. maybe it's because of the curvature? or when it's in the back pocket when i sit down? i wouldn't say i'm abusing the card, or rather it's fair usage.

they do get damage over time. it's 2010, card was from 1992. 18 years, that's pretty long, but it's not a life time. (which i would approx to say 60 years?)

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
ooi makapaa,

i usually dun mind your post and colourful thread titles.

but $60 and $600 a lot of diff ok. post properly lah.:smile:

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal

The want to set up a crony bogus company to receive the contract .

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Typical of the MONGREL who bit his masters' hands LOUDHAILER chee soon juan. The cost is $60 but the SDP propaganda machine tells everybody it is $600.

Jun 17, 2010

Why no free replacement of worn-out IC?

<!-- by line --><!-- end by line -->
<!-- end left side bar --><!-- story content : start -->
I VISITED the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) recently to renew my passport. At the same time, I inquired about replacing my worn-out identity card (IC).
However, I was told that I would have to pay $60 for its replacement.
I was subsequently informed by the ICA in writing that the fee is a 'gazetted fee provided for under the National Registration Regulations' and that the card is made of a highly durable polycarbonate material 'not easily damaged with normal handling' and can be 'expected to last a lifetime if kept or handled properly'.
Given that our ICs are used for a wide range of things, it is perhaps a tad optimistic to expect them to last a lifetime.
Even if a fee has to be imposed, why is it almost identical to that of replacing a lost IC?
Ng Tuck Kay

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
Typical of the MONGREL who bit his masters' hands LOUDHAILER chee soon juan. The cost is $60 but the SDP propaganda machine tells everybody it is $600.

That is why with him at the helm they are always the first opposition party in consideration to be served with hefty defamation suits.

But they are a rich party with a strong tradition so they'd never learn. Defamation suits are like parking fines to them.