• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Reporter Loh Chee Kong got owned by Kenneth Jeyaretnam in interview

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
JBJ was never "done in".....His demeanour, words and actions didn't give me the impression at all that he had been "done in".

For once, sorry Mr jw5, I totally disagree. And i am not half as rabid & paranoid as some here.

Of course he was 'done in'. The first suit that fined him resulting in him disqualified from his Anson seat Parliament resulted from some silly lawsuit launched by Tamil Language Week organizers - nobodies - who were egged on by Jayakumar & other Tamil PAP leaders. Not 'done in'? based on some fairly mild articles in his Hammer newsletter...

Lee had more than on ocassion expressed his contempt for & 'desire to make JBJ crawl', not my words - Devan Nair's (ok Nair hated Lee's guts by then still...)

Even the 2nd time, because of Tang Liang Hong's police report, JBJ just waving a paper (purported to be police report) & saying the unforgettable words : 'And now I have here in my hands a police report made by Tang...'
Our Law courts considered that slander :eek: !

Not 'done in' ? That's a bloody great injustice you do to JBJ's predicament!

Your comment that he doesn't seem so is simply due to the fact that JBJ is an INCORRIGIBLE OPTIMIST who can't say die to his credit, not because he doesn't consider himself not 'done in' - your conclusion is furthest from the truth ....

Tsk Tsk Tsk, Mr JW5 that's very unlike you ....:(

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Stop fighting kids. Jbj's political career was definitely 'done in'. Jw5 was just saying his fighting spirit was never broken.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Elephanto, you got your chronology wrong.

The disqualification from Anson was due to some errors in WP account returns (1985). Justice Michael Khoo (now SC) found JBJ not guilty. LKY appealed and won, disqualified JBJ from Parliament. JBJ appealed to PC and won back. LKY went Parliament and abolished appeal to PC, rejecting PC verdict of miscarriage of justice and reinstatement of JBJ in Parliament.

Then came the TLH police report (1997). George Carmen QC represented JBJ and fought down a S$2m damages claim to about S$20k. JBJ not bankrupted. GCT went Parliament and abolished engaging QC in Singapore court unless judge approved.

Then came the Tamil Murasu defamation (2000) that disqualified JBJ from his NCMP.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
KNN, one walk and talk like Ah Gua and the other REALLY CANNOT make it. Na bei chee bye talk damn sia suay! Pui!

Lim Swee Say pioneered NEWater when he was Minister for Environment. Even bottled NEWater was produced for direct drinking.

I heard Chinese asking, drinking shitwater? I heard Malays asking, how could anything reclaimed from bodily discharge be halal?

Quietly, bottled NEWater production was halted with the outstanding stocks distributed free in PAP, PA, NTUC etc. events. Most of them quietly brought it home and used it to water plants or wash cars.

Yaacob Ibrahim replaced LSS as Minister for Environment (and Water Resourses and Muslim Affairs), in a gesture of reassurance to the Malays and Muslims, as the issue was if NEWater flows into taps, that could render all halal foods haram, as tap water used for all cooking.

NEWater is now for industrial use only, and LSS became chief of NTUC.