• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Maggots at McDonald's - Pls beware

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Subject: FW: FW: Maggots at McDonald's - Pls beware

<O:p></O:p>
Better beware...
Forwarded by a friend.. Damn gross..
I went to the outlet at Compasspoint on 3 Sep 08 at about 10pm. I ordered 2 Double Cheeseburger and a 9 Pcs Chicken Nuggets. After which I asked for Curry Sauce and Chilli Sauce to take away.
When i got home, which was a short 2 mins ride, TO MY HORROR, when i opened the packet of curry sauce, i was greeted with a "smell" and there were many tiny maggots crawling inside with a portion of the curry sauce which have turned black and harden and possibly rotting.
I wrote in to feedback to Macdonalds the same night, and this morning
(4 Sep) i had a call from a Business Manager apologising for this encounter, the first thing she asked was if i had kept the packet of curry sauce! The maggots were crawling out, obviously i had it disposed as soon as i took the photos, and in our conversation she also mentioned that this is not isolated to the outlet at Compasspoint! It was island wide as it could be a supplier problem. I think it is ridiculous! She also told me there were a few complaints already.
Shouldn't they stop giving out curry sauce while pending investigation?
It was "fortunate" for me that the rotting and maggots were visible. For those packets which have not turned black may have maggots swimming in the sauce which is not known to the consumer. I asked her if they do check the expiry date of the sauces, she mentioned that the turnover for curry sauce is very high thus unlikely it would hit past the expiry date. Then my question is, if it is not even past its expiry date and it is rotting with maggots, what's going on???
This just serves as a warning to fellow Macdonalds consumers to watch out before dipping your food into curry sauce, you may not know what is swimming and growing in there...
Close up shots

image003.jpg

th_TV2008080918350200-1.jpg

Wow!

ANDYSIAO14

Alfrescian
Loyal
power la.. :wink: that time got the scandal sex delivery clips...now got maggots.... :p

Whats next ??? used condom inside apple pie??? :biggrin:

sunny302

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the prob lies with using "expired" sauce :eek:..then the solution to it would be easier...Anything, else would be a no-no..Better avoid for the tine being till things are sorted out ya!:wink:

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If the prob lies with using "expired" sauce :eek:..then the solution to it would be easier...Anything, else would be a no-no..Better avoid for the tine being till things are sorted out ya!:wink:

the best is not to eat macdonalds food. me stop eating for years. anyway its not nice and ex.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
what did the management of McDonald say ???
me very seldom eat McDonald unless really cannot find others.

qwerty

Alfrescian
Loyal
what did the management of McDonald say ???
me very seldom eat McDonald unless really cannot find others.

me also very seldom eat fast food unless all in the group wanna eat fast food.

i rather go kopitiam. kopi taste better also:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Are u also avoiding all fast food :confused:

yes i do avoid all fast food. my fav breakfast is porrige wif some vege no meat. lunch mixed rice dinner usually subway and some fruits. try to maintain it that way for years. its not that we are not fit, but its the things we eat that is killing us or like what madmansg always said ns is killing sg. hahaha!:biggrin:

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yucks...those curry sauce must be from some backyard in india if not bangladesh.:p

Cheers.:biggrin:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
McMaggots - hurry up, or should I say, curry up for the latest fare at MickeyDeees!!!

Firstly, if you don't have a kid who's attracted by the cheap toy with the Happy Meal, why go to Mac's?

Secondly, Mac's is a franshise - all their items, down to the salt and pepper comes from the headquaters or regional headoffice. It is a lame excuse to blame anyone else for their products.

Thirdly, and most alarming to foodies - Mac's has given a bad name to burgers. Its pattie is no more than a sliver of compressed sawdust like thing held together by fat.

Have fun!

Cheers!

Honeygal

McDonalds food is not entirely food. Just look at a sampling of their ingredients and the number of chemicals:

Regular Bun:
Enriched flour (bleached wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), water, high fructose corn syrup, yeast, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, soybean oil, canola oil, contains 2% or less of each of the following: salt, wheat gluten, calcium sulfate, soy flour, ammonium sulfate, calcium carbonate, calcium phosphate, monocalcium phosphate, ammonium chloride, baking soda, sorbic acid, deactivated dry yeast, dough conditioners (may contain one or more the following: distilled monoglycerides, DATEM, sodium stearoyl lactylate, calcium peroxide, ascorbic acid, azodicarbonamide, mono- and diglycerides, enzymes, guar gum), calcium propionate & sodium propionate (preservatives), soy lecithin

Chicken Selects® Premium Breast Strips:
Chicken breast strips, water, seasoning [food starch-modified, salt, autolyzed yeast extract, maltodextrin, chicken broth, natural flavor (plant and animal source), spice, chicken fat], salt, sodium phosphates, sunflower lecithin, maltodextrin, natural flavor (plant source). Battered and breaded with: wheat flour, water, food starch-modified, salt, spices, leavening (baking soda, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate), garlic powder, onion powder, dextrose, spice extractive, extractives of paprika. Prepared in vegetable oil ((may contain one of the following: Canola oil, corn oil, soybean oil, hydrogenated soybean oil with TBHQ and citric acid added to preserve freshness), dimethylpolysiloxane added as an antifoaming agent).

birdie8819

Alfrescian
Loyal
LOL ! I almost want to post this one also guess I'm too late !!! :p

Never mind I got two more pictures for you all -

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
i was greeted with a "smell" and there were many tiny maggots crawling inside with a portion of the curry sauce which have turned black and harden and possibly rotting.

there is a co-relationship between seeing maggots and death in the family...