• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Terminating your phone number

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I decided last year to terminate my post paid phone account(a monthly subscription) & move to a pre-paid account(top up as needed). Today I called the Telco to terminate my phone account. When they checked my account they found out that I had the number for 10+ years & under no contract.

That is when they offered me a deal to keep me as a customer :smile:
They offered to lower the subscription to $10.50/month.

A year ago I might have been interested but I've been planning to terminate the number for a year. I have already been using the pre-paid card for 1 year & have already informed people of the move. So I declined.

If you are thinking of terminating your number I recommend you contact your current Telco & find out what they can offer your before your proceed make your plans because they might be able to offer you something.

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
By the same token, many people has been working in the company for years.
They work hard but not smart behind the scene and keep a low profile.
Most of their effort was not praised, appreciated, promoted etc and the manager only knows how to reward those who stole the limelight and claim others credit.
As times goes by these people no longer feel a sense of achievement by staying with the company longer and decided to move on.
It's only during the exit interview (some firms don't even bother to do this) that the firm realized these people's hard work has not been rewarded appropriately.
But it's just too late as they already got no eyes to see and some (those without any commitment) even left without a job .
The management tries to keep them but it's just too late.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I decided last year to terminate my post paid phone account(a monthly subscription) & move to a pre-paid account(top up as needed). Today I called the Telco to terminate my phone account. When they checked my account they found out that I had the number for 10+ years & under no contract.

A year ago I might have been interested but I've been planning to terminate the number for a year. I have already been using the pre-paid card for 1 year & have already informed people of the move. So I declined.

If you are thinking of terminating your number I recommend you contact your current Telco & find out what they can offer your before your proceed make your plans because they might be able to offer you something.

good advice. thanks

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal

which telco u had called?
I known sintel used to value their high end customer.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just to recap from a previous posting, I previously also wanted to terminate my land line because I didn't see a need for it except for emergencies & I just didn't think paying $ was worth it. So I contacted them to terminate the line.

They let me keep the line for free & wouldn't charge me as long as I didn't use the line to call out. If people called me at that number I would still not be charged because the caller is picking up the charges.

So I am also saving on the cost of a land line.

I have a broadband contract with M1 & as part of the package I receive a free internet telephone number & I can make free local calls. They also provided me with a SIM card which comes with 1GB of data per month.

So I actually have more telephone connections than I had in the past & I'm paying less for more :smile:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
which telco u had called?
I known sintel used to value their high end customer.

I've been a M1 customer all these years. I'm not a high value customer actually downgraded to their cheapest package of $25+/month a few years ago.

Initially for the 1st 4 years I got 2 free phones then decided to buy the phones because I wanted the freedom to switch telcos but never did.

I think times are bad for the telcos & they are losing their subscribers. So they must be getting desperate :smile:

I have been using a Singtel pre-paid card for 1 year & I have only used $60. Singtel offers promotions like free incoming calls & cheaper foreign calls to countries like Indonesia, ... For people like me a Singtel pre-paid card makes more economic sense.