• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat LKY Told Germany Media in 2005 Pinky Loong is the BESTEST PM Candidate!

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Food for thought:

SPIEGEL: During your career, you have kept your distance from Western style democracy. Are you still convinced that an authoritarian system is the future for Asia?

Mr. Lee: Why should I be against democracy? The British came here, never gave me democracy, except when they were about to leave. But I cannot run my system based on their rules. I have to amend it to fit my people's position. In multiracial societies, you don't vote in accordance with your economic interests and social interests, you vote in accordance with race and religion. Supposing I'd run their system here, Malays would vote for Muslims, Indians would vote for Indians, Chinese would vote for Chinese. I would have a constant clash in my Parliament which cannot be resolved because the Chinese majority would always overrule them. So I found a formula that changes that...

SPIEGEL: ... and that turned Singapore de facto into a one party state. Critics say that Singapore resembles a Lee Family Enterprise. Your son is the Prime Minister, your daughter-in-law heads the powerful Development Agency...

Mr. Lee: ... and my other son is CEO of Singapore Telecoms, my daughter is head of the National Institute for Neurology. This is a very small community of 4 million people. We run a meritocracy. If the Lee Family set an example of nepotism, that system would collapse. If I were not the prime minister, my son could have become Prime Minister several years earlier. It is against my interest to allow any family member who's incompetent to hold an important job because that would be a disaster for Singapore and my legacy. That cannot be allowed.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Food for thought:

SPIEGEL: During your career, you have kept your distance from Western style democracy. Are you still convinced that an authoritarian system is the future for Asia?

Mr. Lee: Why should I be against democracy? The British came here, never gave me democracy, except when they were about to leave. But I cannot run my system based on their rules. I have to amend it to fit my people's position. In multiracial societies, you don't vote in accordance with your economic interests and social interests, you vote in accordance with race and religion. Supposing I'd run their system here, Malays would vote for Muslims, Indians would vote for Indians, Chinese would vote for Chinese. I would have a constant clash in my Parliament which cannot be resolved because the Chinese majority would always overrule them. So I found a formula that changes that...

SPIEGEL: ... and that turned Singapore de facto into a one party state. Critics say that Singapore resembles a Lee Family Enterprise. Your son is the Prime Minister, your daughter-in-law heads the powerful Development Agency...

Mr. Lee: ... and my other son is CEO of Singapore Telecoms, my daughter is head of the National Institute for Neurology. This is a very small community of 4 million people. We run a meritocracy. If the Lee Family set an example of nepotism, that system would collapse. If I were not the prime minister, my son could have become Prime Minister several years earlier. It is against my interest to allow any family member who's incompetent to hold an important job because that would be a disaster for Singapore and my legacy. That cannot be allowed.

what LKY said is true. Because he allowed LHL who is incompetent to hold the PM's job, it is a disaster for SG. we are seeing this happening before our eyes

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Yes let's see how well Singapore does in the next 20 years!

It is going to be a very enjoyable disaster movie for me.

Yes, within 10 to 20years...the Singapore disaster will fully unfold

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
It a consensus that Lhl pales in comparison to his father. Anyone who don't agree can just go and ask around.

ChanRasjid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Running a country easy?

When I go around Singapore, I open my eyes and look around and finds Singapore good - nice roads, clean neighborhoods, garbage disposed well, still some trees, birds, toads, insects survived the environments, etc. It is like (Remember Bible) God created the Heaven and the Earth in six days; He looked around and was Well Pleased with his creation - same as Singapore! I have not been to Austria, Sweden, Netherlands, but been to JB, Brunei, Jakarta. What have you read about all the other Asean countries, India, China - just only better than today's Syria, Iraq. End Times could really be around!

Quite recently, I do ponder about how it is running a country. Easy? You think so! Let's not talk Singapore, say China. Xi Jinping has to look after 1.35 billion! What's the problem, in some order of priority:
1) Food - Bak gu teh. Why in the 80's, the Korean workers used to clash with the police? Job=Money to feed family. So Xi has 1.35 billions mouths to feed. Easy task?
2) Housing - Roof over head. Only the Sufi's, Friars have the sky as the roof ceiling.
3) Social stability - 1.35 billions head agreeing! How is stability, sociability in your office? Even children are elected to the HK parliament and shake hands with US senators for their fight for "democracy"; Joshua Wong, Baggio.. , Lau Waiching (notoriety=fame=glory; how about let them run Singapore?)
4) Pollution. 45% China's farmland not fit for farming!
5) you continue...

Actually there is a central principle in political governance: continuity - real changes should only be done gradually.

Easy to earn the 1.x million minister's job? How come Heng Swee Kiat got a burst brain artery? There is no easy money in the world. Only the foolish lucky may somehow find easy money.

Chan Rasjid.