• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Taxi fare cheating on the rise

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Was at the supermarket waiting to pay for my groceries & read the headlines of one of the newspapers, I think it was Today? Anyway it claimed that in one night there were 170 cases of people who didn't pay their taxi fares:eek:

I was curious & googled for the article online but could only find old stories from May that the penealty for fare cheats have been increased to $200 for 1st time offenders & $400 for repeat offenders.

I was curious about who should catch these fare cheats? Will the police take action or are cabbies expected to DIY & take these people to court.:confused: Since they rent the Cabs will the cab companies install cameras or what?