• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Borrowing money to go holiday

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I know quite a few sinkie losers who borrow money either from credit cards, banks, insurance or even relative to go on family holidays. Years after years till the debts snowballed to unaffordable to pay with their pathetic salary and went to credit counseling schemes (CCS) . WTF are these people thinking ? Do they enjoy during their trips ? Can someone enlighten me on this :cool::*::confused:

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
If his companion / family is unaware of this and enjoyed the holidays, and if this guy suffered silently, he has my symphony.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I know quite a few sinkie losers who borrow money either from credit cards, banks, insurance or even relative to go on family holidays. Years after years till the debts snowballed to unaffordable to pay with their pathetic salary and went to credit counseling schemes (CCS) . WTF are these people thinking ? Do they enjoy during their trips ? Can someone enlighten me on this :cool::*::confused:

Life is short, go and enjoy it. I have seen so many friends and relatives scrimp and save to travel during their retirement or something, but end up having cancer of some illness. Next thing you know, medical expenses are eating into their savings and they are not well enough to see the world. Be young and happy. Work hard but also play hard. Go and borrow the money to travel. Come back, work hard, pay off the borrowing and do it all over again.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If his companion / family is unaware of this and enjoyed the holidays, and if this guy suffered silently, he has my symphony.

If the family is unaware it make sense to me. He suffer to let family enjoy .
1 of them I know the family knows but they still proceed . Other cases I'm not sure.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Life is short, go and enjoy it. I have seen so many friends and relatives scrimp and save to travel during their retirement or something, but end up having cancer of some illness. Next thing you know, medical expenses are eating into their savings and they are not well enough to see the world. Be young and happy. Work hard but also play hard. Go and borrow the money to travel. Come back, work hard, pay off the borrowing and do it all over again.

OK. I felt more enlighten after hearing this.

yangtzejiang

Alfrescian
Loyal
Go and borrow the money to travel. Come back, work hard, pay off the borrowing and do it all over again.

a lot of people forget about this after they get back from their holidays. they forget to scrimp and save to pay off their debt, and instead load up on more debt next year for the next vacation.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Some people would do anything for a selfie photo on holiday.

It's worth it!

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some people would do anything for a selfie photo on holiday.

It's worth it!

You made a valid point that explains why is becoming a trend for people to upload their holiday photos on fb

Before that I was thinking along the line .when people can borrow money to own a car, which is much more acceptable due to the car is driven and enjoyed while repaying it, holidays are paid and gone . But with your selfie it make more sense as a long term investment.

Last edited:

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which symphony is that?
One of my favourite songs by the Pet Shop Boys, from 1990:

[video=youtube;Az3KeAPWQq4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az3KeAPWQq4[/video]

[video=youtube;K_BFKzwzDEc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_BFKzwzDEc[/video]

And it also happens to be October now. :o

Last edited:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You made a valid point that explains why is becoming a trend for people to upload their holiday photos on fb

Before that I was thinking along the line .when people can borrow money to own a car, which is much more acceptable due to the car is driven and enjoyed while repaying it, holidays are paid and gone . But with your selfie it make more sense as a long term investment.

The trend now is to spend money on experiences, not possessions. I've seen an increasing number of friends, colleagues and acquaintances spending money on experiences such holiday, pilates classes, cooking courses, piano, mission work, massages, fine dining etc. At the same time, these people fund their experiences from cutting back on expensive purchases like cars and expensive weddings.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

At the end of your life, when you are lying there on your death bed, all you have are memories. You cannot drive the car that you borrowed money to buy. You cannot play with all the expensive toys that you spend your money on. all you can do is lie there and look at the photos of your vacations with your family and friends next to you, see how happy you and they were, recall those memories and experiences, have a good laugh, and know that you have lived a decent life. When you are gone, you leave those friends and family with those wonderful vacation photos of you with them. They will remember you as the happy healthy person you were back then, not as the sick person in the hospital. You cannot leave them the car, as it will be gone after 10 years or less. Memories from those pictures will last forever. If you don't get the money to go on those vacations with them or by yourself, then you have no truly great memories to leave them.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
At the end of your life, when you are lying there on your death bed, all you have are memories. You cannot drive the car that you borrowed money to buy. You cannot play with all the expensive toys that you spend your money on. all you can do is lie there and look at the photos of your vacations with your family and friends next to you, see how happy you and they were, recall those memories and experiences, have a good laugh, and know that you have lived a decent life. When you are gone, you leave those friends and family with those wonderful vacation photos of you with them. They will remember you as the happy healthy person you were back then, not as the sick person in the hospital. You cannot leave them the car, as it will be gone after 10 years or less. Memories from those pictures will last forever. If you don't get the money to go on those vacations with them or by yourself, then you have no truly great memories to leave them.

A perfect sales pitch for the tour desk :biggrin:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The trend now is to spend money on experiences, not possessions. I've seen an increasing number of friends, colleagues and acquaintances spending money on experiences such holiday, pilates classes, cooking courses, piano, mission work, massages, fine dining etc. At the same time, these people fund their experiences from cutting back on expensive purchases like cars and expensive weddings.
That's true. I respect their yolo style for the affordables but not at the expense of accumulating debts for it.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cash is king.
It never go wrong.

Credit about taking loan, if you have money why take loan?
Tats why we sinkies all take loan buy pigeon hole, become our flat slaves.:biggrin:

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal

many bankrupts do it even with family members and without OA's approval but OA knows and chose to do nothing at all.........