• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat The stationary flat Earth

Do you think the Earth is flat and stationary?

• I'm not sure...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look at this ISS video with the astronaut floating around for almost half hour non stop. And look at how water appeared as one globule when squeezed out from the tube. Please don't say this is all fake.

I won't argue, but I would like to post this video again for viewers to compare, and then decide for themselves:

[video=youtube;5e-RnKAN9qY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e-RnKAN9qY[/video]

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a long crappy and creepy article. Suitable for the creeps here rejoicing in evil.

http://thoughtcatalog.com/rona-vase...-i-found-in-its-photo-gallery-terrified-me/9/

I Found An iPhone On The Ground And What I Found In Its Photo Gallery Terrified Me

Rona Vaselaar

It was sitting beside the curb outside my apartment. A white iPhone 4S in surprisingly good condition. I scooped it up from the ground to get a closer look.

It probably belonged to a high school girl, judging by the horrendously glittering purple case. I admired the phone anyway – tacky though the case was, it had protected its charge fairly well. The phone had not only survived what I assumed was a fall from a careless girl’s book bag, but it was in pristine condition. No hairline cracks, no dings, no dents… nothing.

As I marched into my apartment, throwing my bag on the floor and shedding my coat and shoes, I continued inspecting the phone. Whoever lost it must surely be missing it. I pressed the home button and the screen lit up. A swipe right and I discovered that the phone was not, in fact, locked. Thank goodness for stupid teenage girls (ignoring, for the moment, that I used to be exactly one of those). I searched the contacts, found one labeled “Mom” and pressed the call button.

Nothing.

It was as though the touch screen hadn’t registered my fingertips. Puzzled, I pressed “call” again. And again. Nothing.

It was at that moment that I got a call on my own cell phone, a black iPhone 6. I swiped to answer and the voice of my best friend reached my ears.

“Hey, Amanda! How was your test today?”

The phone momentarily forgotten, I fell into a deep conversation with Anna about the absolute chaos that is university life. We chatted for a bit about whatever things 20-something year-old girls talk about before she got to the point.

“You busy tonight? There’s a cool club that opened up not too long ago downtown and a few of my friends wanna go. You should come with!”

I glanced around at the comfort of my apartment. I was a pretty quiet person who preferred to sit inside and read a good book, as opposed to my outgoing Anna who was always getting into heaps of trouble. It’s always the story, isn’t it? Opposites attract. As much as I wanted to stay in tonight, I smiled and agreed, much to Anna’s squealing delight. How can I deny a request from my best friend?

We set up plans and I hung up the phone. Then I remembered the other phone sitting on my couch, dejected. I picked it up and opened it to the owner’s mother’s contact information. That’s right! I punched the number into my own phone and hit “call.” I could at least call this way.

The phone rang for a few moments. I was about to leave a message when an exhausted voice came over the speakers.

“Yeah?”

I tried not to be put off by this rude response.

“Hi, um, my name is Amanda and I found this phone outside my apartment… I think it belongs to your daughter. Is there any way I could get it to her?”

The line was quiet for a moment, aside from some labored breathing. Then: “Do you think this shit is funny? Quit it with these stupid fucking pranks.”

I remained speechless for a few moments after she’d hung up on me. What the hell was her problem? Thoroughly confused, I rechecked the number. No, I had dialed the right number… well, whatever, I shrugged. I couldn’t make sense of it, but it wasn’t really my problem, either. Sooner or later someone was bound to call her and then I’d pick up and explain the situation to them. It would get resolved somehow.

I still had a few hours until I had to be at the club to meet Anna, so I settled down with The Good Earth and a bag of chips.

Just as I was getting deeply embedded into the story, a loud beeping startled me.

BEEP BEEP BEEP.

I looked around wildly, my eyes colliding with the lit screen of the white iPhone. Oh, that must be her ringtone. I looked at the Caller ID. “Restricted.”

I picked it up.

“Hello?”

Static.

“Hello…?”

The static was intense and only getting louder. I tried calling out a few more times, but no response. I was just starting to move the phone away from my ears due to the loudness of the static when – click.

Call Ended.

Huh. Must have been a mistake. Stupid phone, I was getting nowhere with this.

I went back to my book and spent a few peaceful hours reading. An hour before our meeting time, I grudgingly pulled a glitzy shirt on over my head – one that I had borrowed from Anna, of course – and paired it with some black booty shorts. I put on flats (no way was I wasting a night in high heels) and applied cherry red lipstick. I figured I had prepared as much as I wanted and was just about to head out the door when the phone rang again.

BEEP BEEP BEEP.

I grabbed the phone off the couch and stared at it. Restricted. What the fuck? I rolled my eyes and answered it one more time, just on the off-chance that someone was there.

“Hello?”

Nothing this time, absolutely no sound. It sounded like the line was dead. Seriously, what was the problem with this damn thing? Maybe I should just take it to the police station in the morning, let the cops deal with it…

“Can you hear me?”

I let out a little yelp. The woman’s voice had come in, loud and clear, patient and toneless. But it sounded… off. There was no other noise on the phone. I put the receiver next to my ear again, cautiously this time.

“Hello? Hey, do you know whose phone this is? I found it sitting outside and – “

Click.

Call ended.

By this point I was getting pissed. Was someone playing a fucking game with me? I tossed the phone back on the couch. Enough of this, I would deal with it when I got home. Or maybe I’d let Anna deal with it. She was better at this kind of stuff than I was.

With that thought in my head, I headed out the door and into the night.

beetlejuice

The club was pretty fun. It turned out that Anna’s friends all happened to be guys, with one in the mix who was exactly my type: tall, with dark hair, forceful and confident, and a little controlling. I know, I know, I’m asking for trouble. But a little trouble is good once in a while. Plus, he and I hit it off right away. He sealed the deal when he took my phone, found my number and plugged it into his phone.

“I’m taking you out on Saturday. You better be ready at 8!”

I felt a thrill up my spine. Oh, hell yes, I would be.

I crashed at Anna’s place. We spent the rest of the night watching shitty horror movies that we’d already seen a million times and making brownies. Well, actually, just the brownie batter, which we then ate raw. We passed out around 4AM and I went home around noon the next day – thank goodness I didn’t have any Friday classes.

It wasn’t until after I’d already showered and made myself some breakfast that I caught sight of the phone once again. I don’t know why, but just looking at it made me uncomfortable. I decided I’d bring it to the cops that day.

I was about to throw it in my purse when the screen lit up.

New message: one attachment.

I slid the phone open. The text was from a restricted number again. I shivered.

I opened the attachment.

It was a picture. A picture of…me. Taken from inside the club when I was talking to Mr. Bad Boy. It was a close picture, too, taken no more than a few feet away from me.

I dropped the phone to the floor. I could practically feel my face draining, a white pallor settling into my cheeks.

My heart was racing like mad, but my brain went into practical mode.

Now I knew I didn’t have the phone by accident. It was left outside of my apartment in hopes that I would find it. It made sense, didn’t it? That silly little flimsy case would never have protected the phone from the hard concrete.

So why did they want me to have it? Clearly they wanted to harass me. Ok, but for what reason? I thought back to my dad. He was a cop, maybe it was someone he’d pissed off? Although it seemed unlikely, as I was pretty far from my hometown. Had I pissed anyone off lately? I wracked my brain but came up empty. I didn’t have enough daily social interactions to piss anyone off, if I’m being honest.

But they had to know who I was. They’d followed me to the club, they’d taken my picture…and they’d sent the picture right when I picked up the phone.

Just as this thought registered, the phone went off again.

BEEP BEEP BEEP.

Restricted.

This time, there was no hesitation. I picked up the phone and said in a strong, angry voice, “Who the fuck is this? I don’t have time to play your fucking games. Do you think I’m scared of a shitstain like you?” The expletives continued to pour out of my mouth.

Silence.

“Are you there?”

That same, toneless, emotionless voice. Click. Call ended.

I’ll admit, I was pretty freaked out by this. I made the decision in a split second. I grabbed my backpack and filled it with a few necessities, grabbed both the phones, and ran out to my car. I jumped in, locking the door behind me, and sped off down the street, my eyes trained on the rearview mirror to ensure no one was following me.

I drove through town for a few hours, taking every turn that I could. In the meantime, I formulated a plan. Whoever this was, and whatever reason they had for doing this, I wasn’t going to be victim of this stupid prank anymore.

Once I was sure I wasn’t being followed, I pulled over and called Anna. I explained the situation to her over the phone and she agreed to let me stay at her place.

“I’ll help you catch this fucker,” she said.

About 20 minutes later, I arrived at her house. “Ok, let’s catch him.”

We sat in her living room and I took out my phone. If we were going to find out who this guy – or girl – was, we were going to need all the help we could. And all that help consisted of this weird phone.

I slid the phone to unlock it and we stared down at it. Where do we start?

“Pictures,” tried Anna.

“Right.”

I clicked on the photo icon and started from the beginning.

The first few photos were… normal. A teenage girl with long blonde hair, a toothy smile, and some leftover acne from her preteen years. She had taken a lot of selfies and stupid pictures with her friends. Judging by her appearance alone, I figured I had been right in the first place, that she was a high schooler. But why would a high schooler be doing this? Could she even pull it off? She would have needed a pretty good fake ID to get into the club. And I think I would have remembered seeing someone so young. This just didn’t make sense.

I continued scrolling. Pretty soon a guy started appearing in the pictures, with messy brown hair and a dangerously charming smile. They seemed to be getting pretty close. Her friends slowly disappeared from her pictures and were all replaced by who I could only assume was her boyfriend.

And then the pictures turned black.

That was it, just blackness. Assuming it was a dud, I went to the next picture.

Black.

We scrolled through a few like this. Anna shrugged. “This is totally weird.”

I swiped right again, and the screen seemed to explode with color.

I saw the blonde teen again, but this time she was lying on the ground. Her hair actually looked like it had turned strawberry blonde. It took me a moment to register that it was matted with blood. Her head was crooked to the side and her right arm was twisted at an odd angle behind her. Blood had pooled around her and her formerly bright blue eyes had dulled and were staring out into nothing. Dead.

Anna let out a scream. I threw the phone down and ran to the bathroom. I was sick for a few minutes, before I returned. Anna was shaking on the couch, staring at the phone, still lying where I’d left it a few minutes earlier.

“Are you okay?”

Anna nodded. “What the fuck is this?” she asked.

“I don’t know,” I admitted.

“We have to find out who this girl is. And if her boyfriend did this.”

I nodded. Gingerly, I picked up the phone again. I figured the remaining pictures might give us more clues.

Without looking, I swiped past the gory catalogue of the girl’s death. Next was another black picture. And another one. And another. My anticipation and anxiety grew with each swipe.

This time, it was the brown-haired boy who appeared first. I have to admit, up until this point, he had been my first suspect. She had spent all her time with him, after all. But when I saw his body half smashed through the windshield of his car, glass sticking into his stomach and blood pouring out of his eyes, I gave up on that theory. Looking at the screen, I felt his body would twitch any second, as death overcame him on the hood of his own car.

Swipe, swipe, swipe.

The next picture was another girl, older than Blondie, with long black hair and crows’ feet around her eyes. She looked like she was in her mid-30s. It was a formal picture, with her looking directly into the camera, standing stiff and straight in business attire. It looked like she’d taken it for her job.

Next. A similar picture, but this time it was a man staring into the camera. Colleagues?

A few more black swipes. Then I saw the woman lying on a patch of concrete, a knife stuck in her stomach, her face stretched out into a scream. Her eyes were lifeless, but only just so. She’d died just before the picture was taken.

More black stills. Would this ever end?

Then I saw the man. At least, I was pretty sure it was the man. As he hung from the rafters, his back faced the camera and I couldn’t get a good look at his face.

I felt sick again.

I continued swiping through the picture gallery, but I was always greeted with the same sights. A few normal pictures of a girl and a guy, and then both of their grisly deaths.

Finally, Anna took the phone from me.

“ENOUGH, Amanda. This isn’t helping.”

I could feel my panic growing. My first thought was the cops – I had to get them involved. But even that made me nervous. This phone just HAPPENED to show up outside my door with pictures of these disgusting murders. No matter how I presented it, it made me sound suspicious.

Without a word, I picked up my phone and dialed my dad’s number. I got his voicemail, so I left a message explaining what had happened. “Can you and your partners look into this for me? It’s probably just a prank, but it’s a damn good one.”

I took a few deep breaths after that. Okay. Okay. I have my dad in on this now, it’s going to be okay. I just need to be careful until he gets back to me. It’s going to be ok.

Anna picked up the phone again. “I’m going to look through the contacts. Maybe we can figure out who’s doing this. Maybe there’s a clue in here somewhere.”

I sat still while she thumbed through the phone. To be honest, I didn’t even want to look at the damn thing anymore.

“Whoa… Amanda, look at this!”

I glanced at Anna, afraid to look at the phone at all. I didn’t want to play this game anymore.

“What is it?” I asked.

“All the contacts… they’re all girls.”

I looked at her, puzzled. “So?”

“So, the first girl, the one the phone must have belonged to, she had a boyfriend, right? Why isn’t his number in here?”

That was a good point. I looked through the contacts. All girls.

I scrolled down to “my number.” Pulling up the contact information, I saw that a name was listed next to it. Weird. Tina Drescher.

Suddenly, I grabbed Anna’s computer.

“What are you doing?”

“Trying to find the connection.” There had to be a reason all these girls had died, there had to be a reason that Tina died. Something was connecting them.

I clicked on the first article Google spit out.

WINONA TEEN FOUND DEAD ON SCHOOL GROUNDS

The picture accompanying the article was definitely Tina. I continued reading.

A recent tragedy has resulted in the death of Winona teen Tina Drescher. Tina’s body was found on April 6th, 2012, lying next to the main building of Winona Public High School. Although the police are continuing their investigation, the death appears to have been a suicide.

“Although it is unfortunate, it is not unheard of,” Chief of Police Robert Mansfield reported on Wednesday. “When teenagers like Tina come under severe pressure, they tend to make poor decisions. It is a pity that Tina felt this was her only option.”

Tina’s parents were shocked by her decision.

“Tina was such a happy child,” her mother explained tearfully to KTV Channel 12 reporters. “She would never have done something like this.”

Students and members of the community are welcome to attend a memorial service held for Tina on April 14th. The memorial service will be held in the

Winona Public High School gymnasium.

“Here, try this one,” said Anna. “Emily Tressor.”

I punched it into Google and up popped the black-haired woman.

I skimmed the article this time. Found murdered outside of a bar downtown. But there was something new here.

“Anna… this girl was sexually assaulted,” I said.

“What?”

“Look, it’s right here.”

“That doesn’t make sense.” Anna frowned. “The other girl committed suicide, this girl was raped and then murdered. Where’s the connection?”

I shrugged. We punched in the next name, and then the next.

Aside from Tina, all of the reports were the same. Women murdered, presence of semen and pattern of wounds indicating sexual assault.

“This doesn’t make any sense!” My frustration was growing. “These girls were all brutalized, all except for Tina. What makes her different?” I asked.

Anna was quiet for a moment. “Maybe she’s the same,” she said.

“What?”

“Think about it. She killed herself for seemingly no reason at all. Maybe that’s why she did it?” Anna reasoned.

The pieces started to click together. “But what about her boyfriend? And what about the boys in the pictures? They’re all dead, too, but their names aren’t saved.”

That’s right. If whoever was doing this was raping and murdering these girls, then what about the boys? Why did they die in the first place? And why didn’t their deaths warrant saving?

Anna and I were still puzzling over it when the phone lit up between us.

BEEP BEEP BEEP.

I was beginning to hate that sound. I looked at it nervously.

“Put it on speaker,” Anna suggested.

I took a deep breath and answered the phone, doing as Anna said and pressing the speakerphone option.

“Who is this?” I asked.

Nothing but silence. Silence that was slowly breaking down my sanity.

My voice broke as I asked, “What do you want? Why are you doing this?”

“Stay away from him.”

Click.

Who the fuck was she talking about?

Wait… Mr. Bad Boy. He was in the picture that I received.

A picture started to form in my mind. Whoever was doing this was coming for me, to rape me, to leave me dead. But where did Anna’s friend (Derek was his name) fit into this?

As I was pondering this question, I heard Anna gasp next to me.

“The pictures,” she said.

“What?”

She pulled up the phone again. “Look at the pictures of the guys.” I looked. The first guy through his windshield, the second hanging from the rafters, the third with his wrists split open, the fourth with a gunshot to the head…

Wait.

“These are…”

“…suicides…” Anna finished for me.

The final piece clicked into place.

“He frames them,” I said, slowly. “He goes after the girls and he frames the men…and they kill themselves.”

We were silent for a moment. Then I bolted to my feet and grabbed my bag.

“Wait, Amanda, where are you going?” Anna yelled after me.

I paused at the door. “I have to talk to Derek. I have to tell him what’s happening. He doesn’t realize the danger he’s in.”

I hugged Anna. “You can’t come with me, I need you to stay here in case I need a place to crash again.” And because I don’t want you to get hurt along with me, I added silently in my head.

I think she would have tried to follow me, but I was out the door before she could say anything. I had swiped Derek’s number when he plugged mine into his phone, thank God. His phone was already ringing on the other end as I got into my car.

“Well, well, well. If it isn’t the lovely lady from the bar,” he said.

I blushed. Even under the circumstances, his voice was making me heat up. “Derek, I need to talk to you. I need to see you. Are you busy right now?”

I could almost hear the smile in his voice. “Am I so dashing that you can’t wait until tomorrow? Well, that’s fine with me. We can meet up. Why don’t you come to my apartment?”

I hesitated. That was no good, then my stalker would know where he lived.

“I was thinking somewhere more public…”

He laughed. “Don’t trust me yet? That’s not a problem. How about a restaurant, then? We can make it a real date.” He rattled off the name of a surprisingly expensive restaurant downtown and I accepted.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
A State Funeral Service for former president S R Nathan will take place from 4pm on Friday (Aug 26) at the NUS University Cultural Centre.

It will be attended by Mr Nathan's family, friends and former colleagues, the President, Cabinet Ministers, MPs, civil servants as well as Singaporeans from all walks of life.

The State Funeral Service will be followed by a private cremation at Mandai Crematorium.

The Government has accepted the wishes of the late Mr Nathan and his family in making the funeral arrangements, said the Prime Minister's Office (PMO). The Government will provide all the necessary assistance.

The State flag on all Government buildings will be flown at half-mast from Tuesday to Friday in a mark of respect for Singapore's longest-serving president who died on Monday.

The body of the late Mr Nathan will lie in state at Parliament House from 10am on Thursday to 12pm on Friday.

The public may pay their last respects at Parliament House from 10am to 8pm on Thursday.

On Friday, members of the diplomatic corps and other officials may pay their last respects from 9am till 12pm.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
[h=1]Workers’ Party renews calls for Elected Presidency to be abolished[/h]

SINGAPORE — The Workers’ Party (WP) has reiterated its call to abolish the Elected Presidency (EP), adding that current concerns about the office, such as the potential for a political gridlock due to an uncooperative president, are largely of the government’s own making.

In its submission on Monday (March 21) to the Constitutional Commission — which has been tasked to review and make recommendations on certain aspects of the EP — the WP, which has been against the EP concept since it was mooted in the 1980s, listed four main objections.

Firstly, the EP undermines parliamentary democracy, as it restrains the government in matters that could be critical to its effectiveness, such as drawing down on past reserves when needed.

The government’s power to govern is derived from the popular mandate it receives during parliamentary elections, the WP said.

It noted that the argument that the EP is an elected office, and thus has the people’s mandate, is “not tenable” since giving one person the power to stop an elected government from its work is “a surrender of the people’s will”.

Secondly, the EP also “could potentially cripple a non-PAP government in its first term”, the WP said.

Those who qualify to be an EP are from an elite group, many of whom are senior officials appointed under the PAP government such as former permanent secretaries and Attorney-Generals, it added.

If a non-PAP government is elected and might need to replace some of the key appointment holders, the EP could block such appointments and cripple the new administration.

Thirdly, the EP could become an “unnecessary alternative power centre”. Should the EP and the incumbent government disagree in areas where the president has jurisdiction, the disagreements “are likely to be public and may diminish the standing of the Prime Minister and Cabinet”.

The Prime Minister could end up being seen as “a lame duck, needing to cower to the EP to obtain ‘co-operation’ and prevent political impasses or even crises”.

Finally, the WP said Parliament serves as a sufficient safeguard to protect the nation’s reserves, and the party is open to “additional parliamentary safeguards over the reserves”.

In its submission, the WP said the “current concerns expressed by the Prime Minister about the office of the EP were, largely, the making of the government itself”.

The government’s desire to review the eligibility criteria for candidature suggests that it recognises the potential for political gridlock that might occur due to the election of an “uncooperative” EP, it added.

Reverting to the former system of appointed, ceremonial presidents would nullify the government’s concerns over the lack of a president from a minority community, the WP added.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
[h=1]Why Tomboys Are Just As Hot As Girly Girls [/h]

So what if you’re not into makeup, dresses and trying to super cute all the time? Guess what, guys love tomboys, too. You don’t have to be a girly girl to be attractive. You’re not doomed to be lonely just because you’d rather wear jeans and kick back and watch sports with the guys. It’s actually hot to not be a girly girl. That doesn’t mean that women who are more girly aren’t sexy, but tomboys can be just as attractive in their own way.

Tomboys want love just as much as any girly girl. It’s time to realize that as a tomboy, you’re beautiful and guys are into you. Own who you are and don’t try being anyone else just to get a guy’s attention.

1. You’re ready so much faster.
When you don’t have to spend hours on makeup, hair and finding the perfect outfit – you’re always ready to go. A woman who doesn’t take forever to get ready is incredibly hot to a guy. They like knowing a woman’s down for a last minute surprise date.

2. You always look like you.
You probably know a few girly girls who wear push up bras, tummy flattening underwear, false eyelashes and ultra high heels. They might look great when they’re made up, but what happens when they take everything off? You’re not going to leave a guy wondering “what happened” when it’s time to hit the sheets.

3. You’re not obsessed with guys.
You might want to date, but you’re not guy crazy. If you don’t get asked out, it’s no big deal. You’re happy doing your own thing. You know a guy will come along and until he does, you’re busy having fun with your friends and family.

4. You actually eat, even the messy stuff.
Screw the fad diets and ordering ladylike dishes at restaurants. You’re happy to dive into a messy burger, even if you’re on a first date. After all, if you can’t eat what you want, what’s the point? You’re more focused on enjoying the food instead of what others think.

5. You’re not afraid to get dirty.
Girly girls don’t mind getting dirty, as long as no one else is around. Tomboys don’t care either way. Odds are, you either wearing no makeup or little makeup. You know dirt washes off and life goes on. You’d rather have fun and worry about the dirt later.

6. You’re more adventurous.
The whole princess thing is adorable, but guys find it hot when a woman’s adventurous. You love doing many of the same things guys like such as sports, camping, playing video games and hanging out wherever there’s great food. You’re far more willing to try something new just because you think it’ll be fun.

7. Guys understand you better.
While the girly girl might stand out more, guys see a tomboy and breathe a sigh of relief. They know you’re feminine, but they also know you’re easier to relate to. Guys value conversation and they think it’s hot when you’re easier to talk to.

8. You’re comfortable in your own skin.
You’re not trying to hide anything or be anything you’re not. You’re comfortable being you. Odds are, you’ve been made fun of by quite a few girly girls, but you don’t care. You’re comfortable and confident and that’s always a sexy combination.

9. You’re feminine without all the work.
Society has made us think that you have to be super sexy and girly all the time to be feminine. If you step out in loose jeans and a baggy tee shirt, you must be more masculine. Wrong! You’re feminine and attractive without having to spend hours trying to be what you think society says you should be.

10. Jeans and a tee are hot.
Guys love a short skirt or a tight dress. They also think a simple tee with a pair of jeans is hot. It just screams confident and fun. You look more approachable without seeming like you’re just at the bar looking for a hookup.

11. You’re not a diva.
Girly girls kind of have a bad reputation for being divas. They want to look perfect and can’t stand getting dirty. They love having things their way. Tomboys have their moments, but overall, they’re more about just having fun and living life to the fullest.

12. It’s okay if your hair gets messed up.
As a general rule, guys know not to touch a woman’s hair. They know it’ll just lead to them being yelled at and then spending an hour waiting while she fixes it. You don’t care if your hair gets a little messed up. All you have to do is run a brush through it and maybe pull it up in a ponytail. No harm, no foul.

13. You have easier access to guys.
It’s kind of like guys who make fun of male cheerleaders. They don’t realize it’s a great way to meet girls. As a tomboy, it’s easier to hang out with guys. While girly girls are trying to figure out how to infiltrate a group of guys, you’re already friends with all of them and are probably dating one of them.

Tomboys are just as hot as any girly girl. It’s easy to see why guys love tomboys. They’re fun, attractive and easy to be around.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
[h=1]What is spam?[/h]

Spam is flooding the Internet with many copies of the same message, in an attempt to force the message on people who would not otherwise choose to receive it. Most spam is commercial advertising, often for dubious products, get-rich-quick schemes, or quasi-legal services. Spam costs the sender very little to send -- most of the costs are paid for by the recipient or the carriers rather than by the sender.

There are two main types of spam, and they have different effects on Internet users. Cancellable Usenet spam is a single message sent to 20 or more Usenet newsgroups. (Through long experience, Usenet users have found that any message posted to so many newsgroups is often not relevant to most or all of them.) Usenet spam is aimed at "lurkers", people who read newsgroups but rarely or never post and give their address away. Usenet spam robs users of the utility of the newsgroups by overwhelming them with a barrage of advertising or other irrelevant posts. Furthermore, Usenet spam subverts the ability of system administrators and owners to manage the topics they accept on their systems.

Email spam targets individual users with direct mail messages. Email spam lists are often created by scanning Usenet postings, stealing Internet mailing lists, or searching the Web for addresses. Email spams typically cost users money out-of-pocket to receive. Many people - anyone with measured phone service - read or receive their mail while the meter is running, so to speak. Spam costs them additional money. On top of that, it costs money for ISPs and online services to transmit spam, and these costs are transmitted directly to subscribers.

One particularly nasty variant of email spam is sending spam to mailing lists (public or private email discussion forums.) Because many mailing lists limit activity to their subscribers, spammers will use automated tools to subscribe to as many mailing lists as possible, so that they can grab the lists of addresses, or use the mailing list as a direct target for their attacks.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
When superstitious people go low and spread rumours and pseudo science, men of science and reasoning go high and tell the truth about Nature and the universe.

Wangfeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
[h=1]Why Tomboys Are Just As Hot As Girly Girls [/h]

So what if you’re not into makeup, dresses and trying to super cute all the time? Guess what, guys love tomboys, too. You don’t have to be a girly girl to be attractive. You’re not doomed to be lonely just because you’d rather wear jeans and kick back and watch sports with the guys. It’s actually hot to not be a girly girl. That doesn’t mean that women who are more girly aren’t sexy, but tomboys can be just as attractive in their own way.

Tomboys want love just as much as any girly girl. It’s time to realize that as a tomboy, you’re beautiful and guys are into you. Own who you are and don’t try being anyone else just to get a guy’s attention.

1. You’re ready so much faster.
When you don’t have to spend hours on makeup, hair and finding the perfect outfit – you’re always ready to go. A woman who doesn’t take forever to get ready is incredibly hot to a guy. They like knowing a woman’s down for a last minute surprise date.

2. You always look like you.
You probably know a few girly girls who wear push up bras, tummy flattening underwear, false eyelashes and ultra high heels. They might look great when they’re made up, but what happens when they take everything off? You’re not going to leave a guy wondering “what happened” when it’s time to hit the sheets.

3. You’re not obsessed with guys.
You might want to date, but you’re not guy crazy. If you don’t get asked out, it’s no big deal. You’re happy doing your own thing. You know a guy will come along and until he does, you’re busy having fun with your friends and family.

4. You actually eat, even the messy stuff.
Screw the fad diets and ordering ladylike dishes at restaurants. You’re happy to dive into a messy burger, even if you’re on a first date. After all, if you can’t eat what you want, what’s the point? You’re more focused on enjoying the food instead of what others think.

5. You’re not afraid to get dirty.
Girly girls don’t mind getting dirty, as long as no one else is around. Tomboys don’t care either way. Odds are, you either wearing no makeup or little makeup. You know dirt washes off and life goes on. You’d rather have fun and worry about the dirt later.

6. You’re more adventurous.
The whole princess thing is adorable, but guys find it hot when a woman’s adventurous. You love doing many of the same things guys like such as sports, camping, playing video games and hanging out wherever there’s great food. You’re far more willing to try something new just because you think it’ll be fun.

7. Guys understand you better.
While the girly girl might stand out more, guys see a tomboy and breathe a sigh of relief. They know you’re feminine, but they also know you’re easier to relate to. Guys value conversation and they think it’s hot when you’re easier to talk to.

8. You’re comfortable in your own skin.
You’re not trying to hide anything or be anything you’re not. You’re comfortable being you. Odds are, you’ve been made fun of by quite a few girly girls, but you don’t care. You’re comfortable and confident and that’s always a sexy combination.

9. You’re feminine without all the work.
Society has made us think that you have to be super sexy and girly all the time to be feminine. If you step out in loose jeans and a baggy tee shirt, you must be more masculine. Wrong! You’re feminine and attractive without having to spend hours trying to be what you think society says you should be.

10. Jeans and a tee are hot.
Guys love a short skirt or a tight dress. They also think a simple tee with a pair of jeans is hot. It just screams confident and fun. You look more approachable without seeming like you’re just at the bar looking for a hookup.

11. You’re not a diva.
Girly girls kind of have a bad reputation for being divas. They want to look perfect and can’t stand getting dirty. They love having things their way. Tomboys have their moments, but overall, they’re more about just having fun and living life to the fullest.

12. It’s okay if your hair gets messed up.
As a general rule, guys know not to touch a woman’s hair. They know it’ll just lead to them being yelled at and then spending an hour waiting while she fixes it. You don’t care if your hair gets a little messed up. All you have to do is run a brush through it and maybe pull it up in a ponytail. No harm, no foul.

13. You have easier access to guys.
It’s kind of like guys who make fun of male cheerleaders. They don’t realize it’s a great way to meet girls. As a tomboy, it’s easier to hang out with guys. While girly girls are trying to figure out how to infiltrate a group of guys, you’re already friends with all of them and are probably dating one of them.

Tomboys are just as hot as any girly girl. It’s easy to see why guys love tomboys. They’re fun, attractive and easy to be around.

Bro, great story. :wink:

Wangfeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
[h=1]What is spam?[/h]

Spam is flooding the Internet with many copies of the same message, in an attempt to force the message on people who would not otherwise choose to receive it. Most spam is commercial advertising, often for dubious products, get-rich-quick schemes, or quasi-legal services. Spam costs the sender very little to send -- most of the costs are paid for by the recipient or the carriers rather than by the sender.

There are two main types of spam, and they have different effects on Internet users. Cancellable Usenet spam is a single message sent to 20 or more Usenet newsgroups. (Through long experience, Usenet users have found that any message posted to so many newsgroups is often not relevant to most or all of them.) Usenet spam is aimed at "lurkers", people who read newsgroups but rarely or never post and give their address away. Usenet spam robs users of the utility of the newsgroups by overwhelming them with a barrage of advertising or other irrelevant posts. Furthermore, Usenet spam subverts the ability of system administrators and owners to manage the topics they accept on their systems.

Email spam targets individual users with direct mail messages. Email spam lists are often created by scanning Usenet postings, stealing Internet mailing lists, or searching the Web for addresses. Email spams typically cost users money out-of-pocket to receive. Many people - anyone with measured phone service - read or receive their mail while the meter is running, so to speak. Spam costs them additional money. On top of that, it costs money for ISPs and online services to transmit spam, and these costs are transmitted directly to subscribers.

One particularly nasty variant of email spam is sending spam to mailing lists (public or private email discussion forums.) Because many mailing lists limit activity to their subscribers, spammers will use automated tools to subscribe to as many mailing lists as possible, so that they can grab the lists of addresses, or use the mailing list as a direct target for their attacks.

Does replying like me in one liner considered as spam? :wink:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
When ignorant people go low and gossip about homeopathy, scientology, veganism, etc, men of reason and science go high and present their case backed by research, investigation and logic.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Open main menu

EditWatch this pageRead in another languageWhey protein

Containers of whey protein being sold at ahealth food store.

Whey protein*is a mixture of*globular proteinsisolated from*whey, the liquid material created as a by-product of*cheese*production.

Whey protein is commonly marketed as adietary supplement, and various health claims have been attributed to it in the*alternative medicine*community.[1]*Although whey proteins are responsible for some*milk allergies, the major allergens in milk are thecaseins.[2][3]

Production

Composition

Major forms

Health effects

References

External links

Read in another language

Last edited 24 days ago*by*TenTonParasol

®*MobileDesktopContent is available under*CC BY-SA 3.0*unless otherwise noted.Terms of UsePrivacy

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Whey protein

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Containers of whey protein being sold at ahealth food store.

Whey protein*is a mixture ofglobular proteins*isolated fromwhey, the liquid material created as a by-product of*cheeseproduction.

Whey protein is commonly marketed as a*dietary supplement, and various health claims have been attributed to it in thealternative medicine*community.[1]*Although whey proteins are responsible for some*milk allergies, the major allergens in milk are the*caseins.[2][3]

Contents**[hide]*

1Production2Composition3Major forms4Health effects5References6External links

Production[edit]

Main article:*Whey

Whey is left over when milk is*coagulated*during the process of cheese production, and contains everything that is soluble from milk after the*pH*is dropped to 4.6 during the coagulation process.[4]*It is a 5% solution of*lactose*in water, with someminerals*and*lactalbumin.[5]*The fat is removed and then processed for human foods.[5]Processing can be done by simple drying, or the protein content can be increased by removinglipids*and other non-protein materials.[6]*For example,*spray drying*after membrane filtration separates the proteins from whey.[7]

Whey can be*denatured*by heat. High heat (such as the sustained high temperatures above 72*°C associated with the*pasteurization*process) denatures whey proteins. While native whey protein does not aggregate upon*renneting*oracidification*of milk, denaturing the whey protein triggers*hydrophobic interactions*with other proteins, and the formation of a protein*gel.[6]Heat-denatured whey can still cause allergies in some people.[8]

Composition[edit]

Whey protein is the collection of*globular proteinsisolated from*whey. The protein in cow's milk is 20% whey protein and 80% casein protein,[9]whereas the protein in human milk is 60% whey and 40% casein.[10]*The protein fraction in whey constitutes approximately 10% of the total dry solids in whey. This protein is typically a mixture ofbeta-lactoglobulin*(~65%),*alpha-lactalbumin(~25%),*bovine serum albumin*(~8%)(see alsoserum albumin), and*immunoglobulins.[11]*These are soluble in their native forms, independent of pH.

Being a by-product of the cheese making process, and likelihood of animal rennet use, whey protein as well as casein products may not be suitable for consumption by*lacto-vegetarians*or observers ofkosher dietary laws. There are, however, specialty producers of vegetarian-approved whey protein products produced using non-animal "rennet" (enzymes). These products are often also labeled as kosher and*halal*approved.[12]

The amino acid*cysteine*in whey protein is a substrate for the synthesis of*glutathione*in the body which is an ubiquitous cellular*antioxidant; laboratory experiments have suggested that whey protein and its components might reduce the risk of cancer in animals, suggesting an avenue for future medical research.[13]

Major forms[edit]

Whey protein typically comes in four major forms:concentrate*(WPC),*isolate*(WPI),*hydrolysate(WPH) and Native Whey.

Concentrates have typically a low (but still significant) level of fat and*cholesterol*but, in general, compared to the other forms of whey protein, have higher levels of*bioactivecompounds, and carbohydrates in the form oflactose*— they are 29%–89% protein by weight.Isolates are processed to remove the fat, and lactose, but are usually lower in bioactivated compounds as well — they are 90%+ protein by weight. Like whey protein concentrates, whey protein isolates are mild to slightly milky in taste.Hydrolysates are whey proteins that are predigested and partially*hydrolyzed*for the purpose of easier metabolizing, but their cost is generally higher.[6]*Highly hydrolysed whey may be less*allergenic*than other forms of whey.[8]Native whey protein is extracted from skim milk, not a byproduct of cheese production, and produced as a concentrate and isolate.[14][15][16]Health effects[edit]

This section*needs more*medical references*forverification*or relies too heavily on primary sources.*Please review the contents of the section and*add the appropriate references*if you can. Unsourced or poorly sourced material may be challenged and*removed.*(June 2016)

The use of whey protein as a source of*amino acids*and its effect on reducing the risks of diseases such as heart disease, cancer and diabetes has been the focus of ongoing research as of 2007.[17]*Whey is an abundant source ofbranched-chain amino acids*(BCAAs),[18]*which are used to stimulate protein synthesis.[19]*Whenleucine*is ingested in high amounts, such as with whey protein supplementation, there is greater stimulation of protein synthesis, which may speed recovery and adaptation to stress (exercise).[20]Whey has approximately three grams of leucine per serving and the threshold for optimal protein synthesis is three grams.[21]

As with other forms of protein, consumption of whey protein shortly after vigorous exercise can boost*muscle hypertrophy.[22]

Scientific evidence has shown that proteins high in essential amino acids (EAA), branched chain amino acids (BCAA), and particularly leucine (Leu) are associated with increased muscle protein synthesis, weight loss, body fat loss, and decreased plasma insulin and triglyceride profile.[23]*A study done by Hulmi et al. (2009) had subjects either consume a whey protein drink or placebo, the results showed that the whey protein sample had a three percent increase in the cross section area of the vastus lateralis muscle and a five percent increase in the muscle force of the isometric leg extension. However, the study did not show comparative upper body muscle mass or strength increasing nor was there any significant increase in quadriceps femoris other than the vastus lateralis.[21]

References[edit]

Jump up^*Marshall, K (2004). "Therapeutic applications of whey protein".*Alternative Medicine Review.*9*(2): 136–156.PMID*15253675.Jump up^*Wal JM (November 2004). "Bovine milk allergenicity".*Ann. Allergy Asthma Immunol.*93*(5 Suppl 3): S2–11.doi:10.1016/S1081-1206(10)61726-7.*PMID*15562868.Jump up^*Burks W, Helm R, Stanley S, Bannon GA (June 2001). "Food allergens".*Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol.*1*(3): 243–8.*doi:10.1097/01.all.0000011021.73682.01.PMID*11964696.Jump up^*Spurlock, D.*"Isolation and Identification of Casein From Milk Course Notes". Retrieved*27 June*2014.^*Jump up to:a*b*"Whey." The Encyclopædia Britannica. 15th ed. 1994^*Jump up to:a*b*c*Foegeding, EA; Davis, JP; Doucet, D; McGuffey, MK (2002). "Advances in modifying and understanding whey protein functionality".*Trends in Food Science & Technology.13*(5): 151–9.*doi:10.1016/S0924-2244(02)00111-5.Jump up^*Tunick MH (2008). "Whey Protein Production and Utilization.". In Onwulata CI, Huth PJ.*Whey processing, functionality and health benefits*(abstract). Ames, Iowa: Blackwell Publishing; IFT Press. pp.*1–13.^*Jump up to:a*b*Lee YH (November 1992). "Food-processing approaches to altering allergenic potential of milk-based formula.".*J. Pediatr.*121*(5 Pt 2): S47–50.doi:10.1016/S0022-3476(05)81406-4.*PMID*1447634.Jump up^*Jay R. Hoffman & Michael J. Falvo (2004). "Protein - Which is best?".*Journal of Sports Science and Medicine*(3): 118–130.Jump up^*Luhovyy BL, Akhavan T, Anderson GH (2007).*"Whey proteins in the regulation of food intake and satiety".Journal of the American College of Nutrition.*26*(6): 704S–712S.*doi:10.1080/07315724.2007.10719651.PMID*18187437.Jump up^*Haug A, Høstmark AT, Harstad OM, A; Høstmark, AT; Harstad, OM (25 September 2007).*"Bovine milk in human nutrition – a review".*Lipids Health Dis.*6: 25.doi:10.1186/1476-511X-6-25.*PMC*2039733.PMID*17894873.Jump up^*"Understanding the Multicultural and Habitual Differences in Whey Protein Consumption: Halāl and Kosher".*True Protein. True Protein. Retrieved*27 October*2015.Jump up^*P.W. Parodi (2007). "A Role for Milk Proteins and their Peptides in Cancer Prevention".*Current Pharmaceutical Design.*13*(8): 813–828.doi:10.2174/138161207780363059.*ISSN*1873-4286.Jump up^*Alan L. Kelly; Seamus A. O'Mahony.*"Technologies for whey processing: "Is there a better whey?""*(PDF).Dairyaustralia.com.au. Retrieved*2016-05-19.Jump up^*Burrington, Kimberlee.*"Technical Report: Milk Fractionation Technology and Emerging Milk Protein Opportunities"*(PDF).*USDairy. U.S. Dairy Export Council. Retrieved*23 May*2016.Jump up^*"Leprino Foods enters direct-to-consumer whey protein market with Ascent Protein". Retrieved*2016-06-01.Jump up^*[old info]Krissansen GW (December 2007).*"Emerging health properties of whey proteins and their clinical implications".*J Am Coll Nutr.*26*(6): 713S–23S.doi:10.1080/07315724.2007.10719652.PMID*18187438.Jump up^*Rieu I, Balage M, Sornet C, et al. (April 2007).*"Increased availability of leucine with leucine-rich whey proteins improves postprandial muscle protein synthesis in aging rats".*Nutrition.*23*(4): 323–31.doi:10.1016/j.nut.2006.12.013.*PMID*17367997.Jump up^*Kimball Scott; Jefferson, LS (2006).*"Signaling Pathways and Molecular Mechanisms through which Branched-Chain Amino Acids Mediate Translational Control of Protein Synthesis".*The Journal of Nutrition.*136*(1): 227S–31S.PMID*16365087.Jump up^*Ha E, Zemel MB (May 2003). "Functional properties of whey, whey components, and essential amino acids: mechanisms underlying health benefits for active people (review)".*J. Nutr. Biochem.*14*(5): 251–8.doi:10.1016/S0955-2863(03)00030-5.*PMID*12832028.^*Jump up to:a*b*Hulmi, J. J.; Kovanen, V.; Selänne, H.; Kraemer, W. J.; Häkkinen, K.; Mero, A. A. (2009).*"Acute and long-term effects of resistance exercise with or without protein ingestion on muscle hypertrophy and gene expression".Amino Acids.*37*(2): 297–308.*doi:10.1007/s00726-008-0150-6.*The change of the average QF CSA was higher in the protein group (9.9 ± 7.4%)compared to placebo (7.5 ± 4.8%) but the difference did not reach statistical significance (P0.05)....The average increase in the VL muscle (VL1–4) was significantly higher in the protein group (relative increase: 14.8 ± 6.8%) compared to the placebo (11.2 ± 5.6%) (P\0.05)....However, compared to the control group (8.0 ± 9.5%, P[0.05), isometric leg extension increased significantly only in the protein group (a relative increase of 24.3 ± 12.3%, difference between the groups P = 0.02), whereas the increase was not significant in the placebo group (19.3 ± 15.5%, P = 0.23).Jump up^*Phillips SM (February 2011). "The science of muscle hypertrophy: making dietary protein count".*Proc Nutr Soc(Review).*70*(1): 100–3.doi:10.1017/S002966511000399X.*PMID*21092368.Jump up^*Etzel. "Manufacture and use of dairy protein fractions".*J. Nutr.*134: 996S–1002S.

External links[edit]Whey protein resources, National Dairy CouncilWhey Protein Healthnotes,*University of California, San DiegoWhat does science say about whey protein and muscle building?, European Food Safety Authority on whey protein claims

Categories:*Bodybuilding supplementsDietary supplementsProteins

Navigation menu

Not logged inTalkContributionsCreate account

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i like when threads like this reach 27 pages,it shows the triumph of the spirit of men and shaming and abolishment of the unbelivers.