• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Most Useless MP in PAP's History - Tin Pei Ling

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
We sometimes spend a lot of time talking about various opposition and PAP party leaders that we sometimes forget about PAP MPs and it set me wondering. I wrote this below for another thread but decided this must be the worst MP. After years, absolutely nothing of value.

I have been following Tin Pei Ling rather closely as she did not fit the mould of Old Man or GCT or the early pioneers view of candidates to see where all this was going. When Dr Dixie Tan was chosen as a PAP candidate presumably to fill the gender quota she came with substance and delivered substance. She was also not coy about speaking her mind. So did many others, some bright and some not.

When it comes to Tin Pei Ling its a whole different story. A single child who continues to behave like one. I revealed in this forum in 2011 that her first decent job was due to a PAP MP Hri Kumar asking his wife to get her a job in her respectable firm. She was a long serving YPAP member and her father was also a long standing member. When her candidacy was announced you could see that she was not suitable as there were thousands of others who were more capable. She had not achieved anything meaningful prior to her selection and wondered her potential was.

In fact GCT was struggling on this and trying his best to sell her during the 2011 GE. In fact Nicole Seah stood head and shoulders above her despite Nicole being 24 years of age compared to Tin being 27. During the GE Tin Pei Ling also claimed to be a business consultant which could not be borne out by any evidence. In fact Nicole seems more mature, politically aware and much more capable even in the business sense.

Fast forward 5 over years after her entry into parliament and into her second term and she cannot even hold a candle to most people is her age group in any occupational sector. All her effort and time in these years has been her non-stop campaigning to remain. The state controlled press would do photo opportunities of her on the ground but nothing of value in Parliament or in policy. She quit her job and became a full time MP and then went on to do her post grad. She going to a SMC was not an act of courage but one of strategy by her party . Look at the demographics and the way it was carved out. If Joo Chiat remained and she took on Yee and won, You would not hear a peep from me.

She had 5 years to prove herself but did not. To be honest she is no parliamentarian or even a politician. She has not idea of policy or how to drive an agenda. She has become a highly paid full time town council social workers because I suspect she has no idea what else to do. And the party and the government has also no idea what to do with her.

She is a disgrace to the woman of Singapore, to anyone who stood for office and even someone who does a shift in factory. And like Chee Soon Juan, I will not mention about the handbags.

Last edited:

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
The incumbent tells us more cases of bullying, scandals and corruptions in our society because they want our complicity. They did give us freewill, the right to vote and by our individual selfishness, venality (benefits, grants and unwillingness to see opposition in own wards), we abandoned our liberty.

We have poor press freedom but we have good sources of information today, about who’s right or wrong but trust me, even if David challenges Chee in an election, David will still win. If Nicole or TingRu vs Tin, Tin will still win. Our opposition’s existence, makes the incumbent’s legit.

Our society serves the incumbent by giving in to these temptations and venality, we know there’re 101 problems in our society but our selfishness made us an accomplice in our liberty’s demise. At the end of the day, we pull our own strings.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
She is the perfect fit in the Singapore context where the role of an MP has been reduced to nothing more than town councilor / social worker.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I used to watch reports about her and hear things about her on the ground. Stories about littering of sanitary pad in Macpheson etc. You sort of take it in your stride as one of many minor things. Then I saw her thanking the SCDF for putting out the fire in Simsville Condo and her mirror image use of the PM' way thanking the SCDF for the quick response to Heng Swee Kiat was the turning point. Thats when the penny dropped. I realise that 5 years has passed and that she was desperately trying to remain relevant in a World she was drowning in.

Again she was wearing the hat of Town Council cum resident social workers. She could not contribute in Parliament, she cannot function meaningfully in the private sector in a manner fitting most qualified MPs. In way when you read the thank you letter to SCDF and trying to emulate the PM, you felt sorry for her.

I am sure they will try to rescue her as she continuing to campaign for another 5 years to remain an MP would be ridiculous. They probably give her role like Teo Ser Luck or Baey now that she completed her Masters.

She is the perfect fit in the Singapore context where the role of an MP has been reduced to nothing more than town councilor / social worker.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
A straight forward comparison of Ting Ru and Pei Ling even after 5 years later shows a massive chasm in terms of maturity, humility, experience and intelligence If both of them applied for 500 jobs in any company without pulling strings. I can guarantee that Ting Ru will win hands down 500 times. We know both their paper qualifications and and have seen both many times answering questions both impromptu and in organised interviews so a fair and reasonable assessment can be made.

Singaporeans and Singapore would be better with one but not the other.

The incumbent tells us more cases of bullying, scandals and corruptions in our society because they want our complicity. They did give us freewill, the right to vote and by our individual selfishness, venality (benefits, grants and unwillingness to see opposition in own wards), we abandoned our liberty.

We have poor press freedom but we have good sources of information today, about who’s right or wrong but trust me, even if David challenges Chee in an election, David will still win. If Nicole or TingRu vs Tin, Tin will still win. Our opposition’s existence, makes the incumbent’s legit.

Our society serves the incumbent by giving in to these temptations and venality, we know there’re 101 problems in our society but our selfishness made us an accomplice in our liberty’s demise. At the end of the day, we pull our own strings.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
A straight forward comparison of Ting Ru and Pei Ling even after 5 years later shows a massive chasm in terms of maturity, humility, experience and intelligence If both of them applied for 500 jobs in any company without pulling strings. I can guarantee that Ting Ru will win hands down 500 times. We know both their paper qualifications and and have seen both many times answering questions both impromptu and in organised interviews so a fair and reasonable assessment can be made.

Singaporeans and Singapore would be better with one but not the other.

ahem, Ting Ru went to Cambridge, TPL NUS.

Lucky or unlucky for TPL, she know who to marry and fuck

Last edited:

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
For long-term good, together we need to join the 70%.

- We need to support government policies strongly, encourage more foreigners to live side-by-side with our 70% in HDBs and Condos and give them priority in RCs and local community events.
- We need to encourage government to hire more Indian, China Chinese and filipinos in our civil service so that they understand the situation faced by our PMETs in the private sector.
- We need more foreign students to be prioritized over local students for scholarship and leadership programs such as trekking in Mount Kinabalu, which revealed that an unusually high participation rate for foreign-born students.

hahaha, I don't know if you seen soft local kids being bullied in playgrounds. In the same context, greater presence of foreign students, NSFs, workers and residents in our society is very beneficial for our democracy in the long run. So, on our part, we need to embrace our leadership in the next election.

Singapore is like that. Look at the skewed results between General Elections and Presidential Elections. Nobody wants opposition from their own wards, so if you want greater democracy, you must learn to let go first.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
U are once again way off the mark. The most fuck useless MP during the time that TPL has been in Parliament is not her, but Old fart. Not only was he collecting the same salary as TPL every month, he was not even attending PArliament and MTP sessions due to his medical condition. And on top of that, the taxpayers spend millions of $ to keep him alive. Its the most useless thing to do for that human gold fish. And much more useless then even TPL.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
big boss like her la ... wat 2 do? ...

juz like 1 woman in my coy last time ... wanna b manager, hod ... put in a few such positions oso no can do ... oni can do superficial tings ... but big boss stil continue 2 put her in such positions ...

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you put he ting ru in a one on one contest, Tpl will still win hands down. Parliamentary performance has very little bearing on the outcome. Election in sinkieland is still largely fought at a grassroots level.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats how bad the situation has become. However of if both appeared in a more affluent constituency in a straight fight I am a absolutely certain that Ting Ru will win. Its not a surprise why she stood in Macpherson. There are certain constituencies that even the PAP will not play a fool with.

If you put he ting ru in a one on one contest, Tpl will still win hands down. Parliamentary performance has very little bearing on the outcome. Election in sinkieland is still largely fought at a grassroots level.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats how bad the situation has become. However of if both appeared in a more affluent constituency in a straight fight I am a absolutely certain that Ting Ru will win. Its not a surprise why she stood in Macpherson. There are certain constituencies that even the PAP will not play a fool with.

If you put in in a proper democratic system, TR would win. Alas, SG isn't a proper system

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, even if TPL decided not to contest in next GE, she will still be paid her MP pension, after serving 2 terms, for her entire life!

What can the voters do? Squeeze balls, if they have one?

As I asked in another thread, I am really curious what her husband whispered into LHL's ears? I really cannot fathom how in universe LHL can 'discover' TPL?

MP as estate managers and social workers? Never know such roles are so well paid, and with pensions for life to boot too.

That's how PAP spent tax payers money!

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Well, even if TPL decided not to contest in next GE, she will still be paid her MP pension, after serving 2 terms, for her entire life!

As I asked in another thread, I am really curious what her husband whispered into LHL's ears? I really cannot fathom how in universe LHL can 'discover' TPL?

MP as estate managers and social workers? Never know such roles are so well paid, and with pensions for life to boot too.

He whispered "U know Ah Loong, my wife is still a virgin because I don't know how to fuck. If you want, you can make her MP and she will let u deflower her"

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

You get a pension only if you serve three full parliamentary terms.

Can someone pls confirm