• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Impressions of a Police Commissioner

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
wah u know alot of grapevines in the polis force.

you must be very high in the mata pecking order? :biggrin:
Aiyah, don't listen to anything I say or put out. It all lies, half truth etc. One of my dedicated admirers is probably right when he said that I picked up the rubbish while walking along Shenton Way and at SCC.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good thread, brings back life of the old Sammyboy cafe:smile: Unlike this new Cafe which is unfortunately being bugged by the resident forum pest and the motley gang that he invariably attracts:rolleyes:

Btw where is GLK now?

I wonder who was PSC chairman at the time the 3 chaps were made President Scholars?:biggrin:
GLK has retired quietly. No replacement. PSC losts its handle during the late 80s. The chairman Lee Hee Seng's favourite excuse was that he had to do National Service and he actually used the term "National Service"

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
such an old thread... not all the things said are true. if KBH is no good he would not have remained for so long as the police commissioner.
furthermore he is now the interpol head or something. dun think the interpol will accept someone with no experience and credibility. his credentials in singapore must have impressed.

bro scroobal have an axe to grind with the poodles? :smile:

Actually the person who revealed how incompetent they were was Old man who inadvertently let the cat out of bag when he was praising the high standards of SAF leadership and cited the stringent requirements of the Wrangler Scheme. He mentioned that 3 were posted to SPF and actually stated really bad adjectives. He however never mentioned the name. My undersatnding is that only 3 were transferred from SAF to Police and they were all Scholars. The only other "colourful" charcter was Bernie Kwok from Commandos to look after Physical Education in SPF.

Interpol is a clearing house and the appointment is fitting.

StinkaporeFlyer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually the person who revealed how incompetent they were was Old man who inadvertently let the cat out of bag when he was praising the high standards of SAF leadership and cited the stringent requirements of the Wrangler Scheme. He mentioned that 3 were posted to SPF and actually stated really bad adjectives. He however never mentioned the name. My undersatnding is that only 3 were transferred from SAF to Police and they were all Scholars. The only other "colourful" charcter was Bernie Kwok from Commandos to look after Physical Education in SPF.

Looks like u have quite piviledged access to information. Perhaps then u know the high regard for KBH from the ground when he was in charge of the CID.
Word is he's the director that would go down to the ground and oversee and direct investigations. plenty high profile cases were solved by him. Understand from insider friends that he was really interested and a hands-on man. Hard to get from an overseas scholar.

StinkaporeFlyer

Alfrescian
Loyal
It marked the decline of the Police Force and it manifest in the way they handle thing. Unable to handle a civil disturbance, overreacting, chasing away from amking a police report, unable to handle gang violence, unable to testify competently in court etc.

An SICC member told me that he could not believe that KBH was a Police Officer let alone a CP as they were both in SICC golf committee.

I do not agree with your observation. There are really improvements to the way things are done by the poodles over the past decade. Singapore has been relatively peaceful and crime free. Corruption fell when the present commissioner took over.

There will always be some clowns who will pull some stunts to put the poodles in a bad light. That does not mean the poodles are in decline.

it is human nature not to notice when things are done well, but to complain when things go wrong. It is quite an achievement to keep crime low. or do u rather have shootouts like our neighbours up north and have then the poodles to come in and clear the shit? its just like no one will notice a clean street but complain when rubbish at their doorway are not cleared.

I believe in the elite SICC there will be power struggles and badmouthing of other members out of jealousy or rivalry. u should known since you are a member.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like u have quite piviledged access to information. Perhaps then u know the high regard for KBH from the ground when he was in charge of the CID.
Word is he's the director that would go down to the ground and oversee and direct investigations. plenty high profile cases were solved by him. Understand from insider friends that he was really interested and a hands-on man. Hard to get from an overseas scholar.
I think you best have a chat with loaded888 and the Old Man in the Istana.

StinkaporeFlyer

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you best have a chat with loaded888 and the Old Man in the Istana.

Can you please make the arrangements? :smile:

I believe loaded888 must have been a high ranking fellow from the force to know so many names and make so many allegations.

One wonder his intentions for doing so. Did he got into some trouble and was made to leave? Unhappiness forced him to make all those allegations? So what did he do and why have he disappeared?

for you to flog a dead horse, are you the man himself?

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps...but what I find curious is that it appears quite afew young bright scholars below the CP have been moved out of SPF before they come close to being considered for the CP's post.
such an old thread... not all the things said are true. if KBH is no good he would not have remained for so long as the police commissioner.
furthermore he is now the interpol head or something. dun think the interpol will accept someone with no experience and credibility. his credentials in singapore must have impressed.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Still perhaps no smoke without fire.
I believe loaded888 must have been a high ranking fellow from the force to know so many names and make so many allegations.

One wonder his intentions for doing so. Did he got into some trouble and was made to leave? Unhappiness forced him to make all those allegations? So what did he do and why have he disappeared?

StinkaporeFlyer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps...but what I find curious is that it appears quite afew young bright scholars below the CP have been moved out of SPF before they come close to being considered for the CP's post.

Nothing strange. Lateral postings are common especially at the top for exposure. As you have said, quite a few bright ones are moved out. Dun you think they would have took over if the present one is no good? The present CP's experience and rapport with the men cannot be easily replaced.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well let's just say that I find it curious because government policy for uniformed services seems to be regular renewal of leadership. CP is also getting on in years.

Nothing strange. Lateral postings are common especially at the top for exposure. As you have said, quite a few bright ones are moved out. Dun you think they would have took over if the present one is no good? The present CP's experience and rapport with the men cannot be easily replaced.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can you please make the arrangements? :smile:

for you to flog a dead horse, are you the man himself?
Might want to get a rod. You seem to enjoy fishing. Change the bait first, seems dated. Good Luck.

simonsays

Alfrescian
Loyal

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only other "colourful" charcter was Bernie Kwok from Commandos to look after Physical Education in SPF.

I think you meant Bernie Ho........ to keep an eye on the goondukas :biggrin: ..... and before him was LTA David Lim also from CDO :p

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Interesting thread. I did a check and found that the current commissioner wasin the disciplinary committee that cleared the lady of any wrongdoing not once but twice. It was the general committee that was adamant that something was wrong. You are highlighting the good job done?

http://www.asiaone.com/Just+Woman/News/Women+In+The+News/Story/A1Story20080212-49276.html

Good job or not, that to me is immaterial, why a police commissioner is involved in such petty matters of a country club is so inappropriate is. And being a man of Law at that!

http://www.sicc.org.sg/web/main.aspx?ID=bcc6c426-1ed7-46e5-a2b3-5df31d4ce986,,&TargetPageID=

StinkaporeFlyer

Alfrescian
Loyal
According to Wikipedia, KBH joined SPF in 1977 after graduating in 1976. Thus he never really served long enough to be assessed by the SAF. My uncle who served in old man constituency before told me that there were no police scholars in the 70s. The old man saw a gap and decided that some of the better brains need to be put in the police to shake things up and get the house in order. As such some of the SAF top scholars were selected to go over to the police force. Remember this was in the 70s, a tumultuous time. Knowing his style, it is impossible that the old man will put incapable people in the force, and allow them to rise all the way to the top. Looks like KBH is the one who has proven his mettle over the years and made it to the top.

bro scroobal, are you just sore that you did not do as well?

laukk

Alfrescian
Loyal
what happens to the old thread "sex , scandles in the police force ?? it was stopped halfway ???

StinkaporeFlyer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good job or not, that to me is immaterial, why a police commissioner is involved in such petty matters of a country club is so inappropriate is. And being a man of Law at that!

http://www.sicc.org.sg/web/main.aspx?ID=bcc6c426-1ed7-46e5-a2b3-5df31d4ce986,,&TargetPageID=

what's wrong with it? it is common for people to wear different hats in life. we have businessmen, community leaders and prominent figures serving in charities, non profit organizations and what you have..

seems like you are being defensive after being exposed! The lies and half truths and filth you and scroobal are putting up in this forums. You are really acting your name, HAKKA TIOW!

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
KBH is not an SAF reject. Maybe he's paying the price for not choosing SAF (a few CDFs have moved on while KBH is still in the SPF).

The poster either has a grudge against him, or had conveniently lumped him with GLK or CCK.

However, KBH seems to be the first CP who did not see real action, unlike GYH and TTB rose through the ranks during the difficult 60s and 70s and has probably been involved in turmultous situations.

Do not know whether GLK or CCK are SAF rejects, though.

bro scroobal have an axe to grind with the poodles? :smile: