• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hard Evidences on the Similarities between Horus & Jesus!

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
[h=3]What do similarities between Jesus and Horus mean?[/h] There are an amazing number of identical or very similar life events, characteristics, and teachings shared by Horus and Yeshua of Nazareth (Jesus Christ).
Horus was considered a god in ancient Egypt, a manifestation or aspect of their supreme God Ra.

Jesus (for whom no image or description of his appearance exists) is/was considered:
A Jewish prophet by Jewish Christians in the first century CE,

As a man-god by later Christians, and

As a fully human prophet by Muslims who consider him the second greatest prophet after Muhammad,.
If these points of similarity were between Horus and any other historical Jewish individual -- for example Pilate, the Procurator of Judea -- then there would be universal agreement that someone in ancient times had simply copied elements of Horus' story and falsely attributed them to Pilate. That is, both life stories would be myths -- events that never happened but which have great spiritual significance.
But Pilate was not involved. The first century CE individual was Yeshua of Nazareth! His story is found documented in in the Christian Scriptures -- the New Testament of the Bible.

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Life events allegedly shared by Horus and Yeshua (a.k.a. Jesus)

There is a near consensus that Yeshua was born circa 4 to 7 BCE. By that time, stories from the life of Horus had been circulating for over three millenia. If any copying occurred by the writers of the Egyptian or Christian religions, it would seem to be the myths and legends of Horus that were incorporated into Jesus' biography, not vice-versa.

Tom Harpur, an author, journalist, Anglican priest, and theologian, studied the works of three authors specialized in ancient Egyptian religion: Godfrey Higgins (1771-1834), Gerald Massey (1828-1907) and Alvin Boyd Kuhn (1880-1963). Harpur incorporated some of their findings into his book "Pagan Christ." 1 He argued that all of the essential ideas of both Judaism and Christianity came primarily from Egyptian religion, including monotheism.

Harpur writes, in his book:

"[Author Gerald] Massey discovered nearly two hundred instances of immediate correspondence between the mythical Egyptian material and the allegedly historical Christian writings about Jesus. Horus indeed was the archetypal Pagan Christ." 2

One problem with comparing events in the life of Horus and Yeshua relates to time. Horus was a leading figure in Egyptian mythology for millennia. Folklore about him naturally proliferated during this interval. So, for example, there is more than one story about the method by which he died. Thus, if the writers of the Christian Scriptures (New Testament) did copy events from Horus' life, they would have had multiple options from which to choose. Further, one cannot directly compare crucifixion in 1st century CE Judah, with a simlar procedure in ancient Egypt. Roman crucifixion followed a specific procedure by which the victim was made to carry the crosspiece through the city, clothing was stripped from him, his limbs were tied -- or in rare instances, nailed -- to the cross, etc. Nothing precisely like this existed in ancient Egypt. So, one cannot strictly call Horus' execution a crucifixion, although he was said to have been tied to a tree and died of exposure.

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
What it the significance of the many parallels between Horus and Jesus?

To many religious liberals and skeptics, it appears obvious that the early beliefs that grew up around Jesus' life were copied from the myths surrounding Horus' life which had been circulating for millennia before Jesus' birth.

How a delusional hardcire zealot would brush off any evidence and twist in favour of what they wish to believe?
-Some religious conservatives might suspect that stories of Horus' life were copied from the Gospels, perhaps in the First Century CE and preserved in a way that made them look much older. (hmm...wait a minute...the bible is supposed to be the oldest written book)

-Alternately, the similarities of events in Jesus' and Horus' lives could be a coincidence. (hahha...easy dismissal..wait again...the rooster crows before sun doesn't mean it is responsible for the sun raise...very clever by half or half conceded?...)

-Perhaps the correspondences were created by Satan to confuse Christians and lead them astray. (This is the most 'logical' stand for apeelegetic dumbfucks inclusive psalm to sustian their good result desire! hahaha)

Last edited:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why does DIVA even bother posting all these? Does he have genuine concern for Christians? Nope. Does he have genuine concern for truth? Nope. So why these posts then? Showcasing his ignorance lor! LOL!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is providing evidence that the story of Jesus was copied. Therefore the person we've come to know as Jesus of Nazareth is merely a story. More likely the case than one of a true person, born from a mother who was virgin at his birth, performed miracles, and himself rising from the dead. Tall story isn't it? But still, the greatest story ever told!

Cheers!

Why does DIVA even bother posting all these? Does he have genuine concern for Christians? Nope. Does he have genuine concern for truth? Nope. So why these posts then? Showcasing his ignorance lor! LOL!

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is providing evidence that the story of Jesus was copied. Therefore the person we've come to know as Jesus of Nazareth is merely a story. More likely the case than one of a true person, born from a mother who was virgin at his birth, performed miracles, and himself rising from the dead. Tall story isn't it? But still, the greatest story ever told!

Cheers!

Really? But why does he care? As an atheist?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't know if he cares or not. That's an issue for him. This space just happens to be for religious (pro or anti) threads. And he's voicing an opinion. There are lots of postings in this forum. Some are of interest, some are not. some just nonsense. I go by this - if I am interested, I read it, and may reply, if not, I just ignore it! Certain issues, like religion can go on and on, and nobody in the end will know. We just go by what we believe in. And that's it! All I know is that people far more knowledgeable than you and me, and with all the time in the world has argued and talked about religion since time began, and never was closer to finding the answer from the day they started till their last dying breath. It goes on and on and on.

Cheers!

Really? But why does he care? As an atheist?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't know if he cares or not. That's an issue for him. This space just happens to be for religious (pro or anti) threads. And he's voicing an opinion. There are lots of postings in this forum. Some are of interest, some are not. some just nonsense. I go by this - if I am interested, I read it, and may reply, if not, I just ignore it! Certain issues, like religion can go on and on, and nobody in the end will know. We just go by what we believe in. And that's it! All I know is that people far more knowledgeable than you and me, and with all the time in the world has argued and talked about religion since time began, and never was closer to finding the answer from the day they started till their last dying breath. It goes on and on and on.

Cheers!

The reason why religious debates go on and on is that new people are constantly entering into the fray while others are exiting. It is wrong to conclude that there is no answer. Many people have taken the journey and found themselves at the foot of the cross. For them, their search is over. But it bears repeating that people refuse to believe in God for largely emotional reasons and not intellectual ones. For every so-called intellectual obstacle being removed they will erect another one in its place, simply because they don’t want to believe. I have yet to see one atheist willing to stake his life on one or two best arguments for atheism and against theism.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
The reason why religious discussions are never-ending is because there really is no answer! People who believe, say that we will know the truth when we die, face the judgement, and then we go to heaven or hell! If that's the answer, then I guess we will never know, unless someone returns from heaven or hell to tell the rest of us. If not, we will still never know because no one is able to confirm what happens to us after we die. So while still alive, and kicking, and with time to waster and wonder, we ponder about what will happen to us after we kick the bucket! For some non-believers who choose to believe, it is because they are unable to find the answers to their questions, and they cannot live on without knowledge of a definite outcome, so they choose to believe. Me, I accept that there will be questions I will never find an answer to during my time on Earth. And at this time, we are still learning about the physical world around us, still many things to learn, the world, the universe is a marvellous place and a great classroom. Twenty years ago, we only know of the planet earth as a rock in the universe where life thrives, and we didn't know of any other planet. Today, with advancements in Science, we know of other star systems in galaxies far away that contain earth-like planets. And these number in the hundred of thousands (all discovered by the Kepler telescope), which may contain life, and other evolved lifeforms. And its only been a decade and a half, just wait a while longer, and we'll be discovering much much more! We will still not find out what will happen to us after we die, but we will be learing more about ourselves, for sure.

Cheers!

The reason why religious debates go on and on is that new people are constantly entering into the fray while others are exiting. It is wrong to conclude that there is no answer. Many people have taken the journey and found themselves at the foot of the cross. For them, their search is over. But it bears repeating that people refuse to believe in God for largely emotional reasons and not intellectual ones. For every so-called intellectual obstacle being removed they will erect another one in its place, simply because they don’t want to believe. I have yet to see one atheist willing to stake his life on one or two best arguments for atheism and against theism.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
The reason why religious discussions are never-ending is because there really is no answer! People who believe, say that we will know the truth when we die, face the judgement, and then we go to heaven or hell! If that's the answer, then I guess we will never know, unless someone returns from heaven or hell to tell the rest of us. If not, we will still never know because no one is able to confirm what happens to us after we die. So while still alive, and kicking, and with time to waster and wonder, we ponder about what will happen to us after we kick the bucket! For some non-believers who choose to believe, it is because they are unable to find the answers to their questions, and they cannot live on without knowledge of a definite outcome, so they choose to believe. Me, I accept that there will be questions I will never find an answer to during my time on Earth. And at this time, we are still learning about the physical world around us, still many things to learn, the world, the universe is a marvellous place and a great classroom. Twenty years ago, we only know of the planet earth as a rock in the universe where life thrives, and we didn't know of any other planet. Today, with advancements in Science, we know of other star systems in galaxies far away that contain earth-like planets. And these number in the hundred of thousands (all discovered by the Kepler telescope), which may contain life, and other evolved lifeforms. And its only been a decade and a half, just wait a while longer, and we'll be discovering much much more! We will still not find out what will happen to us after we die, but we will be learing more about ourselves, for sure.

Cheers!

How do you know there is no answer? Do you know all there is to know to arrive at the conclusion that there is no answer? Or it is just your BELIEF that there is no answer? You said, unless someone came back from the dead to tell us then you would believe. Well, someone did come back, but did you believe? Nope. In the Gospels Jesus told the parable (which some believe to be a true account because names were mentioned) of the rich man who died and went to hell while the poor man was with Abraham in heaven. The rich man was in torment and asked Abraham to warned his brothers about hell by sending Lazarus back to warn them, saying that his brothers would believe if someone came back from the dead. Abraham’s answer was that they have Moses and the prophets, if they do not listen to Moses, then neither would they listen even if someone rises from the dead. You have to check yourself honestly, would you really believe if someone claims to have come back from the dead? I bet you won’t. Anyway, Moses wrote Genesis, and if you can’t believe that there is a God who created the universe, you won’t believe that dead people can rise again. You keep saying we are leaning about the universe. I agree with you. But let me ask you this question, which I have asked before but you either avoided or evaded answering: why is it that the universe is intelligible? Even going back one step is the question, “why is there anything (i.e. the universe) rather than nothing?” If you cannot even begin to answer this question, your worldview needs to be dumped.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
One can believe all one wants, but dead is dead. Nada. Habis!!! That is one aspect in the story I am unable to accept! Risen from the dead! How? It is a miracle! How about, it is a story! Just like other stories in the Great Book. There are great stories! You can believe because you have what is called faith. But others aren't that easily convinced!

Now, perhaps you can tell me how a dead person can be resurrected, from a biological point of view? There is one other famous story of a lifeless body infiused with life by a scientist named Frankenstein. In that story, he created a monster!!! Call that science fiction. Or horror. Whichever, it is still a story. We might succeed one day, but till then, it remains a story. Some may say, hope.

Cheers!

How do you know there is no answer? Do you know all there is to know to arrive at the conclusion that there is no answer? Or it is just your BELIEF that there is no answer? You said, unless someone came back from the dead to tell us then you would believe. Well, someone did come back, but did you believe? Nope. In the Gospels Jesus told the parable (which some believe to be a true account because names were mentioned) of the rich man who died and went to hell while the poor man was with Abraham in heaven. The rich man was in torment and asked Abraham to warned his brothers about hell by sending Lazarus back to warn them, saying that his brothers would believe if someone came back from the dead. Abraham’s answer was that they have Moses and the prophets, if they do not listen to Moses, then neither would they listen even if someone rises from the dead. You have to check yourself honestly, would you really believe if someone claims to have come back from the dead? I bet you won’t. Anyway, Moses wrote Genesis, and if you can’t believe that there is a God who created the universe, you won’t believe that dead people can rise again. You keep saying we are leaning about the universe. I agree with you. But let me ask you this question, which I have asked before but you either avoided or evaded answering: why is it that the universe is intelligible? Even going back one step is the question, “why is there anything (i.e. the universe) rather than nothing?” If you cannot even begin to answer this question, your worldview needs to be dumped.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
One can believe all one wants, but dead is dead. Nada. Habis!!! That is one aspect in the story I am unable to accept! Risen from the dead! How? It is a miracle! How about, it is a story! Just like other stories in the Great Book. There are great stories! You can believe because you have what is called faith. But others aren't that easily convinced!

Now, perhaps you can tell me how a dead person can be resurrected, from a biological point of view? There is one other famous story of a lifeless body infiused with life by a scientist named Frankenstein. In that story, he created a monster!!! Call that science fiction. Or horror. Whichever, it is still a story. We might succeed one day, but till then, it remains a story. Some may say, hope.

Cheers!

Your question is really “How a dead person can be resurrected from a naturalistic point of view?”

The answer you can only accept is a NO.

I wonder if you can even see the point I am making at all, that your worldview determines the answers you will accept, or what you will do with the answers given.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Am I wrong in this? It is NO - because we are unable to do so. It we are, then it will be YES, or MAYBE. But because whatever technology we have at our disposal, we are unable, so it is NO. But for the sake of this debate, say some scientist or institute some place in Moscow, or LA, or Paris or Beijing, or Kobe, announces that some breakthrough has been made and some dead monkey or mouse was revived and lives again, and the experiment can be repeated, with a good chance of success, then the answer would be YES, or MAYBE. I see the point you made, and you can also understand why I said NO. Because it is a NO. Believe me, I hope for scientific wonders as much as any other human on earth, but under all circumstances, I have to live, and accept reality, or what we perceive it to be.

Cheers!

Your question is really “How a dead person can be resurrected from a naturalistic point of view?”

The answer you can only accept is a NO.

I wonder if you can even see the point I am making at all, that your worldview determines the answers you will accept, or what you will do with the answers given.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Am I wrong in this? It is NO - because we are unable to do so. It we are, then it will be YES, or MAYBE. But because whatever technology we have at our disposal, we are unable, so it is NO. But for the sake of this debate, say some scientist or institute some place in Moscow, or LA, or Paris or Beijing, or Kobe, announces that some breakthrough has been made and some dead monkey or mouse was revived and lives again, and the experiment can be repeated, with a good chance of success, then the answer would be YES, or MAYBE. I see the point you made, and you can also understand why I said NO. Because it is a NO. Believe me, I hope for scientific wonders as much as any other human on earth, but under all circumstances, I have to live, and accept reality, or what we perceive it to be.

Cheers!

Since you said you are not wrong in concluding, are you saying that objective truth exists? You said we are unable to bring back people from the dead. I agree! But note again that this is different from saying God cannot bring back people from the dead. Man cannot do the things that God can do. So you see, it again boils down to two worldviews, atheism and theism. This is why the existence of God is the foundational issue to be decided upon in one’s thinking system. If you hold to atheism, you will always deny that miracles can happen. An atheist will always view the world with a “no God” glasses. Even if a miracle happen before him, he will have to attribute it to some unknown natural causes, simply because his worldview will not permit a supernatural explanation. It is not the evidence issue, it is a worldview issue.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Supernatural? It is more correctly termed superstitious, at least to those who believe it what cannot be explained by the laws of physics or other earthly sciences. Bro, many years ago, before the periodic table was devised, and trhe elements studied, we only knew of four elements - air, water, earth, and fire (I think) but today, there are what? 108? 118? different individual elements. As recent as fifty years ago, how many planets did human know other than those in our own solar system? The answer was zero. Today, we know of hundred of thousands. So, we learn as we move on. What we didn't understand in earlier times, we called magic, miracles, something super, but now, as we understand more the physical, and natural phenomena around us, we are able to explain them. We do not wish to remain ignorant. It is no longer bliss to be ignorant - it is stupid! We are more able to take charge of our lives, and chart a course for ourselves, instead of relying on supnernatural beings to direct our course. Our worldview is constantly improving, modernising.

Cheers!

........................, simply because his worldview will not permit a supernatural explanation. It is not the evidence issue, it is a worldview issue.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Supernatural? It is more correctly termed superstitious, at least to those who believe it what cannot be explained by the laws of physics or other earthly sciences. Bro, many years ago, before the periodic table was devised, and trhe elements studied, we only knew of four elements - air, water, earth, and fire (I think) but today, there are what? 108? 118? different individual elements. As recent as fifty years ago, how many planets did human know other than those in our own solar system? The answer was zero. Today, we know of hundred of thousands. So, we learn as we move on. What we didn't understand in earlier times, we called magic, miracles, something super, but now, as we understand more the physical, and natural phenomena around us, we are able to explain them. We do not wish to remain ignorant. It is no longer bliss to be ignorant - it is stupid! We are more able to take charge of our lives, and chart a course for ourselves, instead of relying on supnernatural beings to direct our course. Our worldview is constantly improving, modernising.

Cheers!

Do you know the difference between being superstitious and believing in the supernatural? You just lump them together as though the dictionary defines both words exactly the same way! That's faulty reasoning! LOL! Anyway, how does knowledge diminish belief in a Creator? It doesn't. The more we know about the universe, the more we have to recognise that there is intelligence at work, God@work. Ask yourself, how how did the sonar capability of the dolphin come about? There are many other things, which if you would just put on a little more thinking, will drive you to the Creator of the universe. But atheists are not particularly fond of thinking hard.:wink:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
When we were children, we were told that Pontianak lived in banana trees. But we never asked the teller, which part of the banana tree did the Pontianak lived in? The trunk is occupied by phloem and xylem vessels and other pulpy material, and there is no space there. The leaves are too narrow for anything larger than slugs to exist, the fruit/flowers too are too tiny for anything to live there. So where in the banana tree does the Pontianak live? Later on in life, we realised that there wasn;t any pontianak living in the plant, and that they exist only in our minds. For the adult, or matured person, the Pontianak is superstition, but for the kid, it is real! Because of the Pontianak, we'd stay home at night, and not go out! The Pontianak prevented us from wandering out at night! Whether it really existed or not, it doesn't matter, it has done what it was meant to do - keep the kids at home!

I never said that there does not exist a possible advanced civilization who may have visited our planet, and caused some things to happen here. All I said was that I do not believe the things the Bible claimed happened in the past. And even if there exists some kind of ancient alien, what has it got to do with it determining our present and future? What obligation do we have to these being(s)? Works by writers/explorers like Eric Von Something (who wrote Chariots of The Gods) are well-known and depicted on TV as documentaries. These are more believable than Biblical stories, because there are artifacts of some things here on Earth which are unlikely to be created by our species thousands of years ago! BTW, that makes our planet older than 6000 years - the age proposed by biblical scholars, which is one of the main arguments about the accuracy (or truthfulness) of the Bible.

Cheers!

Do you know the difference between being superstitious and believing in the supernatural? You just lump them together as though the dictionary defines both words exactly the same way! That's faulty reasoning! LOL! Anyway, how does knowledge diminish belief in a Creator? It doesn't. The more we know about the universe, the more we have to recognise that there is intelligence at work, God@work. Ask yourself, how how did the sonar capability of the dolphin come about? There are many other things, which if you would just put on a little more thinking, will drive you to the Creator of the universe. But atheists are not particularly fond of thinking hard.:wink:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
When we were children, we were told that Pontianak lived in banana trees. But we never asked the teller, which part of the banana tree did the Pontianak lived in? The trunk is occupied by phloem and xylem vessels and other pulpy material, and there is no space there. The leaves are too narrow for anything larger than slugs to exist, the fruit/flowers too are too tiny for anything to live there. So where in the banana tree does the Pontianak live? Later on in life, we realised that there wasn;t any pontianak living in the plant, and that they exist only in our minds. For the adult, or matured person, the Pontianak is superstition, but for the kid, it is real! Because of the Pontianak, we'd stay home at night, and not go out! The Pontianak prevented us from wandering out at night! Whether it really existed or not, it doesn't matter, it has done what it was meant to do - keep the kids at home!

I never said that there does not exist a possible advanced civilization who may have visited our planet, and caused some things to happen here. All I said was that I do not believe the things the Bible claimed happened in the past. And even if there exists some kind of ancient alien, what has it got to do with it determining our present and future? What obligation do we have to these being(s)? Works by writers/explorers like Eric Von Something (who wrote Chariots of The Gods) are well-known and depicted on TV as documentaries. These are more believable than Biblical stories, because there are artifacts of some things here on Earth which are unlikely to be created by our species thousands of years ago! BTW, that makes our planet older than 6000 years - the age proposed by biblical scholars, which is one of the main arguments about the accuracy (or truthfulness) of the Bible.

Cheers!

Ghosts are part of the spirit realm, the problem for you is to examine them as material things. To try to split open a tree to look for a spirit living there is to betray the fact that you have no idea what is being dealt with at all. As for believing in advanced civilisations from other parts of the universe, again you seem not to know the holes in this belief. To play along with you, these aliens also belong to the same universe, and you also need to explain where they come from. You have not solved anything. The Bible offers a better explanation, we are created intelligent to begin with. Our ancestors may not have access to computers we now have, but they lived longer, were wiser, and had access to information that we no longer have (think construction of pyramids). If you think our ancestors were stupid brutes, congratulations you have been successfully brainwashed by the evolutionists.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
And you have an idea what you are dealing with? You know what ghosts and spirits are? I suspect you watched Ghostbusters and believed what was on screen! Ok. if pontianaks do not live in banana trees, where do they live?

Oh yes, go to your Bible and you will find answers for everything. Does the Bible say who built the pyramids? Jewish slaves, before Moses set them free! And Moses was the man who split the Red Sea too ya? Yes, great movie! Where did you get the notion that I said our ancestors were stupid brutes? That's your Christian perception of apes right? That only humans are smart because God made us in his image! Does God use chopsticks? Or does God eat with his fingers? God doesn't need to eat because God is not a biological organism you say! Then why are we?

Cheers!

Ghosts are part of the spirit realm, the problem for you is to examine them as material things. To try to split open a tree to look for a spirit living there is to betray the fact that you have no idea what is being dealt with at all. As for believing in advanced civilisations from other parts of the universe, again you seem not to know the holes in this belief. To play along with you, these aliens also belong to the same universe, and you also need to explain where they come from. You have not solved anything. The Bible offers a better explanation, we are created intelligent to begin with. Our ancestors may not have access to computers we now have, but they lived longer, were wiser, and had access to information that we no longer have (think construction of pyramids). If you think our ancestors were stupid brutes, congratulations you have been successfully brainwashed by the evolutionists.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
And you have an idea what you are dealing with? You know what ghosts and spirits are? I suspect you watched Ghostbusters and believed what was on screen! Ok. if pontianaks do not live in banana trees, where do they live?

Oh yes, go to your Bible and you will find answers for everything. Does the Bible say who built the pyramids? Jewish slaves, before Moses set them free! And Moses was the man who split the Red Sea too ya? Yes, great movie! Where did you get the notion that I said our ancestors were stupid brutes? That's your Christian perception of apes right? That only humans are smart because God made us in his image! Does God use chopsticks? Or does God eat with his fingers? God doesn't need to eat because God is not a biological organism you say! Then why are we?

Cheers!

At least I know that if we are talking about the spirit realm it makes no sense to talk about them as though they are physical and material beings, which is the error you are making, which is as absurd as opening up the brain and saying “see, where are your thoughts and dreams? There are therefore no such thing as thoughts and dreams!” LOL! Sarcasm aside, I never said the Bible will answer everything or tell us everything, so you are making a strawman argument. But what I will say is that when one has a Biblical worldview, one is able to think and reason properly to possible right conclusions, even if we have no certainty that the conclusions are spot on. Yes, God is Spirit, no need to eat. But we are body and spirit/soul, so we need to eat lor. Simple and logical answer! See? Not difficult when one reason from the Bible, right?:wink: