• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Singaporeans Are So Pitiful

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
If it is a malpractice like what it's sounding to be, of course the hospital staff will not highlight to the Minister. That's where public participation and feedback is required. Write to ST forum, but they may not publish it so best is to write to social media about such malpractice.

Good points! Thanks

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
karma?????

All the Gods have been contacted; religious leaders from all 10 faiths of the Inter-Religious Organisation (IRO) gathered to pray for Mr Heng’s speedy and full recovery. Waiting for approval.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
All the Gods have been contacted; religious leaders from all 10 faiths of the Inter-Religious Organisation (IRO) gathered to pray for Mr Heng’s speedy and full recovery. Waiting for approval.

hope he recovers

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think everyone is getting too emotional. There are easiler ways, no need to give false info to push patients to B2.

I ever questioned them why there are empty beds but patients are sleeping along corridors. They told me that there are such thing called scheduled surgeries and patients need to be warded after surgery. Therefore, they need to reserve beds for patients for such schedule surgeries, something like advance booking. haha

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think everyone is getting too emotional. There are easiler ways, no need to give false info to push patients to B2.

I ever questioned them why there are empty beds but patients are sleeping along corridors. They told me that there are such thing called scheduled surgeries and patients need to be warded after surgery. Therefore, they need to reserve beds for patients for such schedule surgeries, something like advance booking. haha

beds reserved for patients are not empty beds. when we talked abt empty beds, we refer to beds that have no patient yet

Last edited:

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
beds reserved for patients are not empty beds. did you read my conversation with the ward? when we talked abt empty beds, we referred to beds that have no takers
The patient will probably be coming in the next morning. So they need to reserve by the night before. They can't put someone there for the night and send them back to the corridor the next day.
There will be bigger problem. Trust me. I was warded long enough to see all these. It is not an easy job.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe like MacDonald's they are trying to upsell.

I am assuming that they have some sort of reserve quota that is set aside for emergency needy cases. If that is the case, it should be handled in the appropriate manner. I am sure that the nurses don't get any incentive for the upgrades but this is not right way. Car rental companies when they do not have the reserved model available, it is an automatic upgrade to a higher model at the same reserve price. Thats how you manage the inventory and keep customers happy. The same with hotel accommodation.

With these kind of encounters, the PAP then wonders why we complain a lot. Maybe they should start looking at how things are done on the ground. If there were no social media, the Malay chick trying to rent a stall at Tampines Mall would not have made the news.

That is the same for Toronto area hospitals.

The labour and delivery rooms at Toronto's Mount Sinai Hospital (many are donated by charitable Jews, in memory of their parents, etc.) are single beds, with a spacious area for the ladies' husbands, a beautiful bathroom with low, mid and high level showers (gold plated faucets). We did not pay a $ for all our children who were born there.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My illiterate relative may be grateful that the nurse managed to get him a class C bed and that he is paying $35 instead of $75. But i see the rot in the system.

Singaporeans are so pitiful to hv such a greedy govt

I believe that SG has enough reserves to provide free medicare.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singaporeans are so pitiful to hv an uncaring and ungracious govt like the pap. They will realise it during their twilight years hod bad the pap is. Young singaporeans better wise up and know the truth how things are done in SG

It is time to vote NO to million dollar compensation for politicians.
If they wish to make a million of more, then please do not tell the electorate that they are there to serve.
If they are there to serve, $1 million a year is fair and just.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LKY started a bad belief that it is not wrong to collect more money as long as it is legal. This bad belief has grown into such a greed monster that I believe the pap is unable to control. This greed is so entrenched in the govt and civil service that even CEOs dare not speak against.

Just look at the transport problems. train problems are not SMRT company problems. Train lines and rails are under MOT and LTA. If they choose not to maintain it well and not upgrade systems, there is little that SMRT Board can do. PAP's profit maximisation at all costs is killing SG

The SG govt is not only greedy, but "cheap".

One of the Consulate General's Office asked me to send them $xx dollars in postage stamps before it will mail me a document from SG which was forwarded to that Consulate General via diplomatic courier.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is time to vote NO to million dollar compensation for politicians.
If they wish to make a million of more, then please do not tell the electorate that they are there to serve.
If they are there to serve, $1 million a year is fair and just.

fully agree

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
The SG govt is not only greedy, but "cheap".

One of the Consulate General's Office asked me to send them $xx dollars in postage stamps before it will mail me a document from SG which was forwarded to that Consulate General via diplomatic courier.

Yes, greedy and cheap!

Thanks for your sharing....

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A country without a soul is doomed to fail

Yes.
CCS asked the audience: How many believe that SG will be around in 25 years? How many believe that SG will be around in 50 years? etc.

I speculate that it may be 2 generations.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes.
CCS asked the audience: How many believe that SG will be around in 25 years? How many believe that SG will be around in 50 years? etc.

I speculate that it may be 2 generations.

the new pap leaders are leading SG to dooms land with their bad policies. Many young singaporeans choose to remain single as they see no future for singaporeans. for those who get married, many prefer to be childless fort he same reason

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For a long long time, many oppositions politicians have tried to raise the profile on this. But the masses do not bother about these "liberal ideals." The main backbone behind this mindset is set by the daily newspaper, daily drumming the norms of Singapore's society into the minds of the readers. It is the newsletter of the PAP, and not a newspaper. There has NEVER ONCE been an editorial article that wasn't supportive of the PAP's intentions or plans. Unless the public dare to vote in someone like CSJ, nothing is going to change.

Cheers!

I agree.
Singaporeans need a CSJ to ask the relevant questions in Parliament.