• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Singaporeans Are So Pitiful

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
MOH and SGH staff can choose to continue to think like you and deem it's ok to make poor patients pay more. They can continue to justify their bad practices. But they do that at their own long term detriment

if i'm a nurse or admin staff i'll tell sinkies to stfu and fuck off. sinkies are the worst kpkb pest in their own cuntry, and hopefully soon it will no longer be their cuntry.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
if i'm a nurse or admin staff i'll tell sinkies to stfu and fuck off. sinkies are the worst kpkb pest in their own cuntry, and hopefully soon it will no longer be their cuntry.

The clinic nurse and the ward nurse both look local and sound local. They were polite and effective. They were a credit to Singapore and their profession. What my relative experienced were not their faults but is the fault in the system.

I was in Ward 3 for quite a while and observed the nurses both locals and foreigners and I was very impressed by their attitudes and diligence

I felt a sense of great injustice when I recalled the PWP which was prepared by MOH, endorsed by TCH and approved by LHL that was presented to Parliament a few years ago. That PWP described nursing as a low skill job! That showed how detached MOH, TCH and LHL were from the real medical world.

They subsequently had to apologise for their stupidity and ignorance.

I shudder to think what other areas they are ignorant in and yet they are making many decisions which affect our lives. It's time they update, upgrade and improve themselves

Last edited:

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the kpkb morons here have the slightest clue how local hospitals in sg operate. all their kpkb theories are based on hearsay and rubbish spewed online by shitstirrers and regurgitated as though they are the gospel truth. if they bother to work in a hospital for a week as a lowly cleaner or custodian, they will appreciate the thankless effort the nursing and admin staff put in to attempt to accommodate every patient. for planned visits and hospitalization, it's a juggling challenge much like matching needs and means with availability in a medical hotel. sinkies want a-class treatment but only want to pay c-class price. and then there are unplanned visits and hospitalization, of which sinkies are lumpar 3 in the world after tiongs and nehs when it cums to the penchant for jumping queues due to lack of planning and love for camping at wards thinking the longer the stay equates with their ailments going away. the obsession by sinkie patients and outpatients alike in crowding religiously at hospitals and craving for doctors' attention is like worshippers thronging at temples, churches and shrines praying for prosperity and deliverance, and 4-d and lottery punters amassing at ticket counters hoping for a jackpot. the problem is not the hospital system, it's sinkies' habitual need for divine (and oftentimes gov) intervention. :rolleyes:

While I am not sure about others, when my relative was diagnosed and subsequently warded at TTSH for lung cancer, we found the nurses and admin staffs to be very helpful and accommodating.

I feel that the services at TTSH has improved tremendously, whereas at SGH, it has dropped, I believe due to the overcrowding that has gotten worse......

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, I have checked up on this. SGH has the state of the art bed management software and fully integrated. Apparently it was the World's first when first introduced. Everything is automated. Even the housekeeping staff carry PDA once a patient is discharged and this too is automated by the nurse taking off the RFID tag and touching the sensor of the bed. Each ward has real-time fully updated dashboard and they can tell why it was reserved and for which patient, dates, etc.

Approximately 200 to 300 beds cannot be reserved for elective and must be held for emergencies and urgent referrals. If your relative does not fall into this classification, he would not qualify.

I was also told that some staff tend to game the system by asking if the higher class is an option so they can finish the case load duties of their shift as the higher class wards always have greater vacancies. I am concerned that it involved a 70 year patient and he lives in a 3 room flat and when you went to the ward there were empty beds. Next time see if you can ask the nurse to check the ward dashboard.

Bed inadequacy is a real and important problem that need to be resolved. But the govt and hospital trying to squeeze $40 from a terminally ill Singaporeans who is poor through an outright lie is outrageous

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
While I am not sure about others, when my relative was diagnosed and subsequently warded at TTSH for lung cancer, we found the nurses and admin staffs to be very helpful and accommodating.

I feel that the services at TTSH has improved tremendously, whereas at SGH, it has dropped, I believe due to the overcrowding that has gotten worse......

my dad who has cardiovascular issues visits sgh regularly for checkups and medication. on the few occasions where he had to be warded, the schedules were tightly booked but sgh arranged to the best of their ability and availability of beds to host my dad in c ward as he's partially covered (substantially actually) by medisave. he accepted the slightly delayed warding as his case is not an emergency nor acute. i advised him to get warded only when it is absolutely necessary and not for reasons of frivolity or fear. and when warded to get the shit out as soon as possible as the hospital is a hotbed of infections and parasitic microbes immunized by decades of false sense of sanitation. when warded, he relayed to me stories of sinkie patients' relatives and family (not patients themselves) who were very demanding and abusive to staff. i know they love their parents, but they don't need to turn the hospital upside down to squeeze miracles out of terminally acute cases. it's a small percentage of extremely needy, kpkb and special cases that demand the highest maintenance, and drains everyone including staff and other patients as a result. it's like sbf. the whole place is constantly turned upside down for one or two extremely special needs cases. nothing will ever satisfy these cases' demand for constant handholding except death.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ya, if ur Gand Ma had balls she be ur Grand Pa. This Cuntry long gone to the dogs, the day the flood gates were opened to FT. Even retired Cronies and smart Sinkies hve stayed away.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ya, if ur Gand Ma had balls she be ur Grand Pa. This Cuntry long gone to the dogs, the day the flood gates were opened to FT. Even retired Cronies and smart Sinkies hve stayed away.

i've cum to the conclusion after seeing day-in day-out this bunch of attas sinkie cyclists with their distinctive sinkie accents blocking the pedestrian walkway at my favorite kopitiam with their expensive bicycles for cheap mee pok that sinkies should go extinct and hand the island over to more deserving imports.

image.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Does it matter who makes the dim sum? Clearly you do not understand the concept of branding. Reputation is all for a restauranteur. Same thing for healthcare.

yes, some of the best md's at stanford hospital are ah nehs. in fact, commercials run every night on bay area tv promoting the breakthroughs and exploits of one neh female doctor in solving never heard before medical cases that ordinary hospitals cannot diagnose. their only competition is ucsf, and doctor is a chink. my once favorite doctor at el camino was doctoress tin tin toon, from burma.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, I have checked up on this. SGH has the state of the art bed management software and fully integrated. Apparently it was the World's first when first introduced. Everything is automated. Even the housekeeping staff carry PDA once a patient is discharged and this too is automated by the nurse taking off the RFID tag and touching the sensor of the bed. Each ward has real-time fully updated dashboard and they can tell why it was reserved and for which patient, dates, etc.

Approximately 200 to 300 beds cannot be reserved for elective and must be held for emergencies and urgent referrals. If your relative does not fall into this classification, he would not qualify.

I was also told that some staff tend to game the system by asking if the higher class is an option so they can finish the case load duties of their shift as the higher class wards always have greater vacancies. I am concerned that it involved a 70 year patient and he lives in a 3 room flat and when you went to the ward there were empty beds. Next time see if you can ask the nurse to check the ward dashboard.

Thank you for an insider view of things at SGH. Like I said, the nurses at the Clinic and Ward were professional and effective. I hv only good things to say abt them. It is the system that I worry abt....the fleecing of poor and sick Singaporeans.

If SGH and MOH are true to their Vision, Mission Statements and Values, they shd look at how things are done at the ground level and right a despicable wrong

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My relative has 4th stage lung cancer. He is 70yrs old, unemployed and stays in a 3-rm HDB flat. Recently I accompanied him for an oncologic imaging at SGH. The scan ended at abt 4.30pm. The radiographer informed him that the oncologist wanted to see him immediately.

He saw the oncologist at abt 5pm. The doctor told him that he had water in his lungs and advised that he be warded to have the fluid drained. My relative agreed.

The clinic nurse then came to interview him as follows:

Nurse: Uncle, what class ward do you like?
Patient: Class C
Nurse: How wld you like to pay for the bills
Patient: Medisave
Nurse: Ok. Thanks. I will go check for ward availability
Patient: Thank you

abt 30mins later....

Nurse: Sorry, uncle, no class C bed available. Can i put you in class B2. After subsidy it is only $75 per day
Patient: How much is a class C bed?
Nurse: $35 per day
Patient: Can I wait for Class C bed?
Nurse: Yes, but you may have to wait whole night, and if no bed, we will have to let you sleep along the corridor
Patient: I will wait for Class C bed
Nurse: Ok

Abt 15 mins later,

Nurse: good news, uncle, managed to get a class C bed for you. We can bring you to the ward. It is Block 6, Ward 3.
Patient: Thank you for your help

I accompanied my relative to the ward after registration.

Ward 3 had several empty beds. The ward nurse was very courteous and we exchanged greetings and a brief conversation as follows...

Me: Thank you, nurse. The ward has several empty beds.
Nurse: Yes, some empty beds
Me: But the clinic nurse told my relative that no Class C bed is available..
Nurse looked awkward and hurried away

Singaporeans are so pitiful to have a PM, Health Minister and Hospital who think nothing wrong abt telling lies just to get an extra $40 per day from a 70yr old, unemployed, terminally sick Singaporean who lives in a 3room HDB flat without any source of income.

What kind of govt exploit the poor, the terminally sick and the vulnerable? And this govt dares to preach graciousness and care to Singaporeans! What audacity!

got ask the old man voted for who ?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
class C bed are for malay people. its the extermination ward. you want to stay alive, you go to other wards.

not true. c stands for community as sinkies hang around together in the ward to build community spirit and at the same time conserve cash. :wink:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I discussed with my relative my intention to write to GKY, MOH and SGH regarding what happened to him. He was alarmed and asked me not to cause trouble. I explained that I dont want to cause trouble too but my intention to write in is to help correct a bad practice and I think MOH and SGH wld be pleased. But he was adamant and said that he got into a Class C ward and that was what he wanted. He said no need for us to pursue the matter further.

I asked what wld have happened to him if he had not insisted on waiting for the Class C bed but had instead accepted the nurse's suggestion to go to B2 bed? He replied that he has not much in the medisave and wld probably have to borrow money to pay for the ward, consultation, treatment and medicine. That was why he was willing to sleep along the corridor if need to just to avoid paying more for a B2 bed and to borrow money. I told him that's precisely why i wanted to write to MOH abt that bad practice so that this week, no elderly, sick Singaporean wld have to borrow money because SGH staff told him that he had to be warded in B2 because there is no Class C bed when in fact there are some empty beds.

But he is afraid of repercussion...sigh....

That's sinkies selfish human nature again. He got his bed and heck care others. You can tell him he may be warded another time and he may face the same issue again. But of course since he is the person involved, ultimately you have to respect his choice whether to write in or not.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's sinkies selfish human nature again. He got his bed and heck care others. You can tell him he may be warded another time and he may face the same issue again. But of course since he is the person involved, ultimately you have to respect his choice whether to write in or not.

Yes, pap survives because of illiterate Singaporeans and running dogs

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You make it seem like the malays are jews heading to the gas chambers.

No offence to them....but if you do visit the C ward...maybe that will change your opinion....but "heading to the gas chambers like the Jews" don't think so.....why do you think the STOP AT 2 was targeted at? & lost??

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Does it matter who makes the dim sum? Clearly you do not understand the concept of branding. Reputation is all for a restauranteur. Same thing for healthcare.

What branding we got? If Ah Nehs and Myanmanians are the only foreign doctors that our public hospitals can hire, it says alot about the quality of our health care system.

Why they never use the Ah Neh and Burmese doctors for Heng?