• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Adultery: It's not just the men

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
A noticeable number of marriages in Singapore break down because of an unfaithful spouse: the wife.

Twenty veteran family lawyers and private investigators told The Sunday Times that out of every 10 cases they handle in which a spouse cheats, about half are because the wife strayed from the marriage.

A decade ago, only two to three out of the 10 unfaithful parties were the wives. And 20 or 30 years ago, an adulterous wife being cited in divorce proceedings was quite unheard of, they added.
Lawyer and former Member of Parliament Ellen Lee said that back then, divorce was not an easy option as women were financially dependent on their husbands.

Divorce was also less socially accepted. "If a woman committed adultery in the past, she would have been condemned and ostracised by society for breaking up her family and bringing shame to them. The condemnation is not as strong now," she said.

WHY SOME WOMEN CHEAT

When women cheat, they are, to some extent, already thinking of divorce. So they allow themselves to go into the affair, which they see as a long-term commitment.

WHY SOME MEN CHEAT

Some men see sex outside of marriage as no big deal and just as a matter of sexual release. Or they may have an emotional attachment - but one that is not strong enough for them to leave their wives.

This is the new age of multiple sex partners married or otherwise.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
This is why it is very important from day one that you tell her there are things you can do and she can't. Too many men forget this important aspect. Men need to do this to set the stage for a happy fulfilling life-long marriage.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My guess is that more than half the married sinkie men are unfaithful. The naughty Sammyboy forum have gained a notoriety for sexual infidelity. Only a minority like myself have remained true to my wife. I am glad my wife has remained faithful to me too all these years.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is why pre-nuptial agreement is very important, especially in SG, where the Woman's Chapter will ransom every married man in a divorce case.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That is why pre-nuptial agreement is very important, especially in SG, where the Woman's Chapter will ransom every married man in a divorce case.

I think prenups are not legally recognized here, except for a few exceptions. When a divorce sours here, expect the prenup to be torn up.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My guess is that more than half the married sinkie men are unfaithful. The naughty Sammyboy forum have gained a notoriety for sexual infidelity. Only a minority like myself have remained true to my wife. I am glad my wife has remained faithful to me too all these years.

Those who proclaim themselves HOLY....have the most hidden 'holes'.....it is like asking a person " did you eat my cake"....that person will answer " I don't like cheesecake"....you fall into that person category..."HOLY" indeed.

I don't even dare say I am blameless & sinless....but I try my best to maintain a Moral Standard that is acceptable...

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal
Moslem men are the most unfaithful.

Each has four bloody wives.

No wonder they go blow up by themselves.

Cannot tahan nagging wives anymore.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is why it is very important from day one that you tell her there are things you can do and she can't. Too many men forget this important aspect. Men need to do this to set the stage for a happy fulfilling life-long marriage.

Man need to know their presence in the family. Women must be teachable

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I chanced to ask your wife if she knows that you are a handsome and faithful husband. She told me that yes, you are and that she particularly likes your long nose. Your wife has a good sense of humor :biggrin:

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes there are many double standard hypocrites in this forum who think they can be unfaithful but wife or others cannot. In case like what happened yesterday I talked about Lehman bonds and one fat cat sinkie insinuate I lost money in it and so niam non stop, I am not one of cases in the statistics above. I am glad society is progressing towards fairness. Women should not be shackled by unfair double standard and yet expected to pay equal share in everything from house instalment to car instalment to maid salary etc.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is getting scary when a society progresses in affluence and education , the traditional values of marital fidelity start to erode. Is this price to be paid for a modern society ?

Last edited:

Patriot

Alfrescian
Loyal

If your wife is or has been unfaithful to you, will she openly admit it to you?

Are you so cocksure that she has never been unfaithful to you now or in the past?

It seems that in the recent case, Wendy's husband found out about her affair from an external source, and not directly from her.

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal
Men are all adulterous.

One look at women is already committing adultery.

Like watching games of thrones.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It is getting scary when a society progresses in affluence and education , the traditional values of marital fidelity start to erode. Is this price to be paid for a modern society ?

When both husband and wife are working, earning their own keep and concerned about their career progress, they would rely less on a single breadwinner. If a marriage fails, the wife would not be left destitute. Most working couples are spending more time at work and less time together. Even in Europe, where the good white folk work far shorter hours than most East Asians, birth rates are way below replacement level.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this is moot if sg goes swinging again.

image.jpg