• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat PAP Succession Plan in light of HSK's condition

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think by now we all know that the condition is serious and he will have to take time to recover. The damage to the brain and the impact on the functions are not known. Hopefully he will fall in the 30% bracket where there is no lasting effect or that it is minor. I am sure we all wish him a speedy recovery.

For those who are not aware, Swee Keat came from a relatively poor background. He grew up in the Redhill area and attended Bt Merah Primary School. He then went to RI. He was unusual in many ways. He was an introvert in school and when he went overseas for his tertiary education. No one amongst his classmates would have guessed that he would be a politician or even have much of a public profile. I don't think he even had a close friend. He never attempted to game the education system by going all out for the top prize which is quite rare compared to his peers. But unlike many introverts who are insecure, tend to be meek or subservient, this guy was the complete opposite. From day 1 of working life, he knew actually what he was doing and what others were supposed to do. He could spot red tape and bureaucracy a mile away. And he was prepared to take on his superiors in a confident and logical manner. As he progressed thru the ranks, he moved about in a quiet manner without announcing his presence. People would glance when he passed by and were unsure if it was Swee Keat that went by. As late as 3 years ago, he endorsed the bad performance rating of a senior Admin Officer who was the son of one of the most influential identity in Singapore without batting an eyelid. Something that one forummer here would know.

Which then brings me to the purpose of this thread. The well respected Financial Times had already named him as the likely successor. He was one of the gang of 4 of the 4th generation and it was obvious he was standing head and shoulders above his peers. He had also superseded the remaining 4 of the "super seven" 3rd generation because of the progression of age and the current PM's intention and indication to remain in post.

There is no expectation that the remaining three from the Gang of 4 would rise to the occasion and new blood is needed if Swee Keat does not recover. My guess is that the call will go out to Leo Yip who has similar traits as Swee Keat to fill the gap. As it stands, 3 that will now be in the mix will be Leo if he agrees, Chee Meng and Ke Yung. The latter two would have formed the 5th Generation .

Both Teo Chee Hean who was between the 2nd and the 3rd generation and Ng Eng Hen from the 3rd generation are out of the running due to the progression of age and the incumbent remaining in office. Teo will continue to be the custodian of the party and the protector of established interest. On the departure of the incumbent he will be the anointed the kingmaker and the party enforcer.

Then again Swee Keat may be back, fighting fit.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tharman would make a delightful and strong PM and be well liked by many. For him time is an issue as the current PM and his wife are so well mired in Temasek that it will take a while to clean the mess and exit. It may take another GE term to be completed at least. Ho Ching and family cannot be exposed without cover and Tharman or even Swee Keat are the type not prepared to provide them cover especially when it comes to conflict of interest. The only ones that I know that will protect the family are Teo Chee Hean and Chan Chun Sing. Teo will be too old and Chan is digging his hole deeper and deeper each and every day.

Well articulated. What's about Tharman ? Is he in the bidding for the PM's job ?

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
If they are rational, give it to Tan Chuan-Jian.

If they want status quo, give it to Chan Chun Sing.

If they want to make LHL SM or MM, give it to Teo Chee Hean.

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
the newpaper 13 may 16 , friday

Attachments

• P_20160513_110227_NT.jpg
    P_20160513_110227_NT.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 293
  • P_20160513_110327_NT_1.jpg
    P_20160513_110327_NT_1.jpg
    689.9 KB · Views: 2,486

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
The N Paper 13 May

Attachments

• P_20160513_110530_NT.jpg
    P_20160513_110530_NT.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,260
  • P_20160513_110411_NT.jpg
    P_20160513_110411_NT.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,184

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
If they are rational, give it to Tan Chuan-Jian.

If they want status quo, give it to Chan Chun Sing.

If they want to make LHL SM or MM, give it to Teo Chee Hean.

Pls lor.all the ah pek ah pek called succession. Then every year must address the issue
Pls get someone younger like amos yee.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As late as 3 years ago, he endorsed the bad performance rating of a senior Admin Officer who was the son of one of the most influential identity in Singapore without batting an eyelid. Something that one forummer here would know.

There is no expectation that the remaining three from the Gang of 4 would rise to the occasion and new blood is needed if Swee Keat does not recover. My guess is that the call will go out to Leo Yip who has similar traits as Swee Keat to fill the gap. As it stands, 3 that will now be in the mix will be Leo if he agrees, Chee Meng and Ke Yung. The latter two would have formed the 5th Generation .

When you compare HSK with the entity known as the SPF, the latter is a joke!

In the mid-90s, a DSP (non-grad) rated an OMS negatively. It was latter's foundation posting as an investigator. Rating was 100% accurate coz anyone who knew this OMS would know this idiot was a time bomb waiting to explode. The entire Police HQ at Pearls' Hill suffered an earthquake. The DSP was ordered to change his rating on this OMS.

What happened later? This OMS not only under-performed. He abused his power as a police officer outside the SPF. He did the same internally as an OMS. He was known to throw glass ("tim puay') when there were no more drinks on the table in nightclubs. He adjusted his car's odometer reading when he sold his BMW. He was investigated but ............. You can conclude the outcome without my input.

Just before he was appointed Commander, he went around nightspots to inform operators he would be Commander soon. All this took place when he was a Deputy Commander of the same police division. He ignored PGO completely. He went to entertainment outlets and abused his power and these outlets were in the jurisdiction under his charge. No action was taken.

He finally resigned when he was under investigations for an outraging of modesty case which took place in his division.

If Police HQ had counselled him when his boss gave him a lousy rating, things might have turned out differently for him.

So, for HSK to endorse the bad rating of that someone's son, I salute him for his courage.

When I heard of this incident, Leo's name came to mind. Yes, very similar to HSK but not so introverted. These two were talent spotted by the MIW many years ago but resisted taking the plunge when invited. If Leo stays put, my bet is he will be in line for the Head of Civil Service appointment. If Peter Ong can be one, no reason why Leo can't. He is, imho, head and shoulders above Peter.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sadly it was not just SPF but Mindef and other ministries as well. Their superiors were routinely asked to adjust the PEP for OMS.

It started to break down during GCT's time. He is the one who famously asked the DJ to stop a Coroner's Inquiry when SAF Officers were caught lying en-mass. The cover-ups are numerous. Tony Tan's son was given deferment in 1988 but it was not supposed to be 12 years. When GCT took over in 1990, things were approved when they should not have. It could be that GCT was trying to be a nice guy to build his base. The scholars began throwing their weight around that time. When the scholars were not successful at promotions exercise it became routine to appeal and appeal until they got their way.

When old man ran the show, scholars were routinely thrown out including SAF OMS who did not qualify as a wrangler. He also go rid of all 3 of the original 2nd generation. Under GCT, they began running their own "cabinet" at Sentosa Golf Club. They became detached from reality and one clear symptom was the PS who attended the cookery class in France and talked about it. And who approved his extended leave when workload is supposed to be heavy.

When scholars committed offences the punishment if ever was a tap compared to normal staff who would be sanctioned heavily or dismissed.

PSC has to carry the blame. It has been a disaster. Lee Hee Seng tried his best but he could not contain it and Andrew Chew became a rubber stamp. Look at the recent promotion of the PS in MOH after the transplant death cases. At least a one year delay to show some contrition. So you can guess what Eddie Teo is like. You tell me how someone who had to repeat his A levels can be admitted to the Admin Service.

The only reason that super scale officers began to be charged in court for corruption in MHA was when Teo Chee Hean took over and wanted to clean it up.

When you compare HSK with the entity known as the SPF, the latter is a joke!

In the mid-90s, a DSP (non-grad) rated an OMS negatively. It was latter's foundation posting as an investigator. Rating was 100% accurate coz anyone who knew this OMS would know this idiot was a time bomb waiting to explode. The entire Police HQ at Pearls' Hill suffered an earthquake. The DSP was ordered to change his rating on this OMS.

What happened later? This OMS not only under-performed. He abused his power as a police officer outside the SPF. He did the same internally as an OMS. He was known to throw glass ("tim puay') when there were no more drinks on the table in nightclubs. He adjusted his car's odometer reading when he sold his BMW. He was investigated but ............. You can conclude the outcome without my input.

Just before he was appointed Commander, he went around nightspots to inform operators he would be Commander soon. All this took place when he was a Deputy Commander of the same police division. He ignored PGO completely. He went to entertainment outlets and abused his power and these outlets were in the jurisdiction under his charge. No action was taken.

He finally resigned when he was under investigations for an outraging of modesty case which took place in his division.

If Police HQ had counselled him when his boss gave him a lousy rating, things might have turned out differently for him.

So, for HSK to endorse the bad rating of that someone's son, I salute him for his courage.

When I heard of this incident, Leo's name came to mind. Yes, very similar to HSK but not so introverted. These two were talent spotted by the MIW many years ago but resisted taking the plunge when invited. If Leo stays put, my bet is he will be in line for the Head of Civil Service appointment. If Peter Ong can be one, no reason why Leo can't. He is, imho, head and shoulders above Peter.

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Tharman would make a delightful and strong PM and be well liked by many. For him time is an issue as the current PM and his wife are so well mired in Temasek that it will take a while to clean the mess and exit. It may take another GE term to be completed at least. Ho Ching and family cannot be exposed without cover and Tharman or even Swee Keat are the type not prepared to provide them cover especially when it comes to conflict of interest. The only ones that I know that will protect the family are Teo Chee Hean and Chan Chun Sing. Teo will be too old and Chan is digging his hole deeper and deeper each and every day.

what shit are you spewing this time? Tharm and Swee Keat and the rest of the assholes have been covering for Whore Jinx and Gay Loong and Temasek conflict of interest and bribery for decades. At any time they can easily speak up and say something. For fucks sake, Gay Loong was finance minister when he appointed his wife to CEO of Temasek Holdings, a private company owned completely by his own ministry. No one questioned it as conflict of interest?

Tharm will never be PM because he is indian and the chinese majority as well as the Malays are not ready to elect an Indian.

Last edited: