• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Heng Swee Kiat Collapsed During Cabinet Meeting! Kena Stroke!

rurouni

Alfrescian
Loyal
Glad to know that Heng's condition is now stable.

Not sure whether he will be the same after the stroke. We will have to wait and see.
In my opinion, a real miracle would be needed for HSK to "be the same after the stroke".

Otherwise, if what HSK suffered was really a haemorrhagic stroke:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Intracranial_hemorrhage
the various prognoses indicate that it's impossible for him to be the "same" as he was before the stroke:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Stroke#Prognosis
wikipedia.org/wiki/Cerebral_hemorrhage#Prognosis
wikipedia.org/wiki/Subarachnoid_hemorrhage#Prognosis

Last edited:

Getloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Imho, I have faith that as doctors, they will also rush to his aid; putting aside party affiliations. I also do not believe PAP MPs have to stoop so low. Having someone collapsed in front of you is not a laughing matter. Karma will come sooner rather than later.

After what they did to CSJ at BB BE, I really dunno how low can they go.
I do have faith in doctors, but not those in politics.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Look at Chiam and you get the idea if a stroke victim can ever return back to normal.

I know of people in the Heng faction who are starting to realign their loyalties to other factions.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The reality of leadership succession - you can't predict how it will turn out, you can only hope for the best

For now, we are alright. I have a balanced cabinet, some ministers with more than 20 years’ experience, just the right amount of grey hair, battle-tested, some who joined in the last general elections, long runway ahead of them. They have mastered their portfolios, they have learnt about politics. They have gained the trust of Singaporeans, I think they have come under some fire and they have come through and they have gelled and worked together as a team, not so many soloists but a team. That is very important but we all grow old and we all need successors. I am already 63 years old this year. I just came back from Jakarta, the Asia-Africa summit. It is held every 10 years. It is the commemoration of the Bandung meeting in 1955. So 10 years ago, President SBY held one. This year President Jokowi held one. I went in 2005. This is the second time I am attending. Ten years from now, 2025 they may hold an Asian-African Summit again. I would be 73 years old. I really should not be attending. But you must make sure that whoever is the Prime Minister in 2025 when he goes he will do us proud and advance our interests.

This year my doctors discovered I had prostate cancer. Luckily they discovered it early. I went for an operation in February. It was successful. Now I am back to work. No medical leave on May Day. After the ops doctor told me, you wait for two months to do a blood test, then we will know if you are clear and then we will see. Two weeks ago two months were up, and I went for the follow-up blood tests were good and doctors gave me all clear. But they are very precise. They never say you are completely out of the woods, they say prostate cancer-specific survival rate 15 years – 98 per cent. What that means is 15 years from now, over the next 15 years, my chances of dying because of the prostate cancer is just 2 per cent which is not bad but - you can go to the bookies with that one - but 15 years from now I will be 78 years old. Even if the prostate cancer does not cause me trouble, something else will act up. It is not just me. It is the same with my team. Just because you are a minister, it does not mean that you are a superman, it does not mean you will not get ill, it does not mean you don’t grow old. And from time to time, Ministers get ill. As a courtesy, they usually let me know, so that I can share their worries. If I lose any of them, my team will be weakened. Can I replace them quickly? With people of the same quality and experience? And if the team is weakened can the government deliver on what Singaporeans expect of us.

Did he know beforehand that HSK has a health issue ?

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Slight update. They are monitoring to see if there is any reversal in the immediate tissue area from surgery within the first 24hrs. His ex RI classmates are badly impacted as they were hoping to catch up with him for the reunion in July and to congratulate him on his promotion. He was their star.

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Straits Times , 14 May 2016 , Sat .

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Look at Chiam and you get the idea if a stroke victim can ever return back to normal.

I know of people in the Heng faction who are starting to realign their loyalties to other factions.
It will not be easy for Heng to accept that . It will be a tough time for him and his family.

But the sooner he can come to terms with the reality , the better he will be.

For some, work is life . i hope it isn't the case for Heng.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It will not be easy for Heng to accept that . It will be a tough time for him and his family.

But the sooner he can come to terms with the reality , the better he will be.

For some, work is life . i hope it isn't the case for Heng.

For most people, work is life. That's because most people derive their sense of self worth at work; being given tasks to do, given heavy responsibilities, titles, income, influence and the occasional pat on the back by towkays like me.

chongpangchixwings

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For most people, work is life. That's because most people derive their sense of self worth at work; being given tasks to do, given heavy responsibilities, titles, income, influence and the occasional pat on the back by towkays like me.

Yes for some people work is life but in your case boasting on the forum is your life. Without this forum you would likely have a melancholy life.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Heng should come in here and read your posting. I think you will cheer him up. :p

Cufflinks

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Will Lawrence Wong be in pole position to take over HSK's standing for PM? Admit I am not that well-versed in SG politics yet...

Should be that CCS, although both of them have smug faces and there shouldn't be much difference............