• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

If Chee falls defeated in this BE, will it be the end for him politically?

blueRad

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believed Chee suffered from sunk cost fallacy. He invested so much of his time into his political career. He has no choice but to move forward. Hopefully, when he grows old, his more educated children might carry on his torch in a more polite manner.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chee should be a persistent thorn on the PAP until he dies. The history book will reward him for fighting to give sinkees freedom from the subtle tyranny of the PAP.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I believed Chee suffered from sunk cost fallacy. He invested so much of his time into his political career. He has no choice but to move forward. Hopefully, when he grows old, his more educated children might carry on his torch in a more polite manner.

I am of the belief that true politicians are of a different kind of breeds. They live for a cause and are willing to make huge sacrifices for the cause. People like LKY could have made big bucks as a lawyer in the private sector, but he chose the path less travelled. Dr Chee could have lived a very comfortable life with his family in Australia, Europe or States , working as a teaching professor in some university, but he chose to pursue the cause he believed in , just like LKY. No sacrifice is too big for Dr Chee because to him, that is what makes his life worth living.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think anyone will argue that Chee and SDP fail to put in effort and time to a high degree for this campaign. What in your opinion would be factors and drivers if Chee does not not win this By-elections?

Possibly voters still has reservation with his character. Just because he walked the ground and shake hands doesn't make the deeply ingrained bad image go away overnite.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
. So even if csj were to get a big zero this Saturday , blame will be pinned on the daft voters of bukit batok rather than csj whom they praise as 'a man ahead of his time'.

Haha. "Man ahead of his time". Would be an irony given the SDP slogan "now is the time".

Concur with your assessment of Chee and how SDP revolves around him.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Either way Bukit batokians vote,they lose.if they vote PAP it would justify that all Sinkies are astoundingly daft and stupid.if they vote for Chee,it would justify that they are all mentally certifiably insane and would validate everything mad loser chee has done in the past 23 years.

in that case bring on the gay sex laws and LBGT and pedophillia and zoophilia,im about to have some homo donkey gay sex in public now in celebration of B.E. 2016 since anything is possible.it would be even more ludicrous than voting trump for president.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

yes sunk cost fallacy is a interesting economic concept.this is a reminder to all sinkies of the folly of pursuing something for a long long time and not recognizing that the results simply do not justify despite all they have invested and they just c.m.i. in life.reminds me of the show shark tank where the owners have sunk an inordinate amount of money hundreds and hundreds of thousands into their dream business over a period of 9 years and it has obviously been a tragic mistake and should have been aborted long ago and taken off life support.....when u see people throw their lives and hard earned money away like that.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Possibly voters still has reservation with his character. Just because he walked the ground and shake hands doesn't make the deeply ingrained bad image go away overnite.

There is hope but it requires Chee and Chee alone to make the change.

Firstly he must acknowledge the mistakes and I am talking about those related to his character. If not it will be called out repeatedly.

Secondly he must run as a politician and have a party that behaves like a political party. It cannot be a cult of gullible followers. Until he brings in well credentialed individuals especially from the Chinese segment of society and shows that they will remain in the Party it will be a waste of time. And he will not get the right people until he shows clear accountability about the donations. It does not take Einstein to figure out why good people left.

Thirdly he must acknowledge those in the Opposition camps who can be his allies. Note how thru all rallies he gave the impression that Parliament only had PAP MPs and also that no one else existed to oppose to the PAP.

Fourthly he must do the local ground work and identify a geography within Singapore he can start chipping away. His intended constituency cannot be the World, and he various NGOs.

My sense is that he will struggle. The writing was on the wall when he sent a non party member and of all people Uncle Yap to attend the opposition horse trading meeting. It showed great disrespect to the other parties and more importantly the allegation of being a megalomanic came true. It was no surprise to anyone that Uncle Yap was not admitted. It showed he was detached from reality. Hopefully the years would have helped come to a sense of realisation.

Which brings to mind the words of Sir Robert Black, Governor Singapore 1955-57, "A mushroom. All head, a thin body and no roots." Dr Chee Soon Juan should think about that. Chiam See Tong should reflect on that.

courtesy Lee Kuan Yew's The Singapore Story

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP is going to win. Period.

Some grassroots leaders and I would be having a great supper at Bukit Batok tomorrow at S-11 to celebrate Mr Murali's victory. You are free to join us. Just say you are from sbf and you are friends of John Tan.

The S-11 coffee near mrt, John? Should I pm you when I am near? What is your timing? I hope you don't look and talk like the kantang John.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Dr Chee will win the by-election later.. So you bunch of losers can go suck your own cock.

tanakow

Alfrescian
Loyal
If he loses, I hope he and All oppositions will just quit politics Singaporeans just do not deserve them.

currypuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
He will still be in politic. If he is out of politic, donations and sponsors will dry out and he will eventually be forced to find a fulltime job that is going to bring less income. More loose than gain. :wink:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Which brings to mind the words of Sir Robert Black, Governor Singapore 1955-57, "A mushroom. All head, a thin body and no roots." Dr Chee Soon Juan should think about that. Chiam See Tong should reflect on that.

courtesy Lee Kuan Yew's The Singapore Story

is he talking about his penis?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He will still be in politic. If he is out of politic, donations and sponsors will dry out and he will eventually be forced to find a fulltime job that is going to bring less income. More loose than gain. :wink:

agreed,every G.e. or B.e. is like disneyland for him,donations that are normally a trickle sudden becomes a gushing tsunami from the mouth of immortan joe's cave of which the broken dreams of losers and peasants will once again rise from the ashes of this world.

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am of the belief that true politicians are of a different kind of breeds. They live for a cause and are willing to make huge sacrifices for the cause. People like LKY could have made big bucks as a lawyer in the private sector, but he chose the path less travelled. Dr Chee could have lived a very comfortable life with his family in Australia, Europe or States , working as a teaching professor in some university, but he chose to pursue the cause he believed in , just like LKY. No sacrifice is too big for Dr Chee because to him, that is what makes his life worth living.

all men have grand mal dreams,LKY fulfilled his dream of becoming a dictator Qin Shi Huang Di and fulfilled his destiny of being a curse upon the people of south east asia as such it is the destiny of every south east asian country to have a dictator from suharto to marcos to najib,and achieved the goal of dieing with his reign uninterrupted and 70 percent of the peasantry wailing father wailing mother at his funeral.why content with a small time lawyer when u can be the dictator of ur own fantasy kingdom?i believe travelling down the path less trodden althought trodden and failed by many others has made LKY incredibly rich beyond imagination and possibly his three generations and his extended family too.what is the pay of a big time lawyer compared to the coffers of a island of 5 million slaves that is so incredibly rich that they even took pity on suharto the corrupt dictator and loaned him 10 billion dollars?

Last edited:

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you have ballless and backbone less pathetic fucks giving the PAP a 69.9% mandate, they've lost all rights for compassion.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The S-11 coffee near mrt, John? Should I pm you when I am near? What is your timing? I hope you don't look and talk like the kantang John.

Do not link yourself to John Tan at the kpt. Maybe he otang the ah longs there, and you may get beaten up when you mention his name.

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do not link yourself to John Tan at the kpt. Maybe he otang the ah longs there, and you may get beaten up when you mention his name.

I don't know his real name at the moment. Roti John is going to fly everybody aeroplane and kantang John is going to have another heart attack tonight...

Stompiss

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chee will lose and become this

20130124_194427.jpeg