• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP's BB Strategy - quite a surprise

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
From the Lion's den - PAP research and strategy are targeting mid and higher income residents of Bukit Batok. They are confident that they have sewn up the lower income especially the elderly as these are people that have been in contact with grassroots, meet-the-people staff and various Govt support agencies. They also feel that the Pioneer Package was crucial in the 2015 turnaround. The $1.9M plan was also made known to this group some time ago during the consulting phase thru PA's reps and those that look after the elderly SAGE.

The grants for the University that was unveiled by CCS was meant to address this higher and better educated of voters. Thus no mention of ITE or lower grade vocational upgrading.

It also explains why Grace Fu's speech and delivery was tailored for those in 4 and 5 rooms which make up close to 70% of the households. It did not mention anything about the elderly or the lower income. The language was also meant for the better educated in stark contrast to the likes of Sim Ann.

So expect more high eyebrow stuff from PAP senior leaders.

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Straits Times 2 May 2016 Monday

Tharman a gentleman - he did not yield ...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-05-02-09-16-50_1.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-05-02-09-16-50_1.jpg
    363.4 KB · Views: 1,565

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
As to their take on Chee and the SDP as a party.

They were surprised that Chee made running of the Town Council as a key plank of his campaign. This was based on the poor performance and the employment of party members in both Nee Soon Central and Bt Gombak in 1991. It was also based on Jufr'si and Chee's failed approach to WP on a joint ticket with WP running the TC and SDP taking on the parliamentary role. Though a surprise, they took it as an unexpected bonus and PAP will cover this extensively and thus the focus on the lack of a job and experience. So do expect this to continue quite intensively.

Their take is that SDP is a party of minorities and they have no Chinese of calibre at all. This sadly has been proven at SDP rallies where the best performers besides Chee were the Malays and Indians. There were also mention of good quality Chinese who come in and do not stay for long. Interestingly this reason cited was the uneasiness of party donations and management of funds is not clear and has been questioned in the past. They also expected that he will use the campaign to raise income thru book sale and cash donations.

Lastly his job - apparently in his nomination form, he put his occupation as Psychologist. But nowhere was this occupation mentioned by Chee or his colleagues. He was declared an author, an academic researcher. a politician, a party worker etc by his colleagues and Chee.

It quite important that someone like Paul Thambyah clears the doubt about party funds, donations etc and who are the beneficiaries during one of the rallies. Earlier the better. If the PAP Strategy team is right about the target segment then SDP got it very wrong. Or it could be that the PAP team got it wrong.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
My take on what needs to be done.

1) Either Chee or PT or both must increase content on addressing the need and aspiration of the higher income. Though the press has mentioned that Murali will focus on the elderly and the sandwiched class. Its the latter and the higher income that is of focus.

2) PT and Chee must provide transparency on party funds management and donations. Especially after questions about income and jobs took centre stage.

3) Focus on the Parliamentary role. This is something that PAP cannot defend and if one notices no from the PAP has mentioned this. Chee covered this well as well as some of his colleagues. List out the key questions and concerns that Chee is going to ask in terms of current importance in parliament. It is obvious that Murali will be a waste of time and space in Parliament. And based on his current performance, he will be too meek to raise issues that will go against the party.

4) Drop all mention of character and job - it only helps the PAP reinforce this weakness. This habit of not mentioning something like David Ong and LWL and then talking about it is an age old political tactic. It may go past the dim witted but not those in the higher income bracket as they would know the intention. When he mentioned David Ong in the firs rally, people were unsure if it was sincere or deliberate but after yesterday's rally on LWL, they now know it was deliberate. It like any political opponent claiming that he will not drag in the past of his opponent and then goes on and talks about it which actually seeds the mind of voters. A fairer and more sincere approach is to actually mention David Ong and question the recruitment failure of the PAP. These are perfectly acceptable. And also why the PM's guideline issued in 2011 was wilfully ignored and why the lesson learnt from Palmer was also ignored. And demand from PAP that these kinds of conduct has to stop.

Last edited:

currypuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. Chee put in effort to polish his mandarin and hokkien to change his image of an ang moh speaking christian elite and that will win him some swing votes. But he failed to assure the majority of non-christian votes.

2. On the strategies to win swing votes, SDP is still playing catching up with WP.

3. The partisan of PA, RC and Grassroots is a triump card SDP can play to diverge being drag further into the debate on Character. Most middle ground votes would think Character is equally as importance as competency.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
From the Lion's den - PAP research and strategy are targeting mid and higher income residents of Bukit Batok. They are confident that they have sewn up the lower income especially the elderly as these are people that have been in contact with grassroots, meet-the-people staff and various Govt support agencies. They also feel that the Pioneer Package was crucial in the 2015 turnaround. The $1.9M plan was also made known to this group some time ago during the consulting phase thru PA's reps and those that look after the elderly SAGE.

The grants for the University that was unveiled by CCS was meant to address this higher and better educated of voters. Thus no mention of ITE or lower grade vocational upgrading.

It also explains why Grace Fu's speech and delivery was tailored for those in 4 and 5 rooms which make up close to 70% of the households. It did not mention anything about the elderly or the lower income. The language was also meant for the better educated in stark contrast to the likes of Sim Ann.

So expect more high eyebrow stuff from PAP senior leaders.

I've considered changing my prediction on the results. But increasing it by 0.1% would be inconsequential. I stay put with my 73.30% for Murali. Sinkies just love fucking themselves.

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
[video=youtube_share;7eX1PR9hejM]https://youtu.be/7eX1PR9hejM[/video]
SDP Bukit Batok SMC By-Election 2016 - Response to PM Lee's criticisms of SDP

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is easy to appeal to the middle and higher middle income. Remind them that lots of the PMET, like them, are now out of a job, thanks to the PAP. So, it will happen to them if the PAP is not reminded and hounded all the time.

The $200 million fund will do little to help ...the retraining plan cooked up by the PAP will not enable the retrenched PMET to earn their former wages. Most of them will earn very much lower than their previous income. After slogging their way up, thanks to the PAP Foreigner First programme, PMET lose their jobs just when they should be in the earning peak.

Do BB residents want to join their fellow PMETs who have lost their jobs because the existing Opposition MPs have not done their job?

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
[video=youtube_share;Zxv8PFyQeLY]https://youtu.be/Zxv8PFyQeLY[/video]
Bukit Batok By-Election 2016 - SDP 2nd Rally - Dr Paul Tambyah - 1 May 2016

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
The votes of low income is more or less secure for pap. What uncertain are the votes of middle and higher income swing voters. This voting bloc is Large enough to dictate the outcome.

With pap 1.9m carrot myth being busted, the only thing now they can do is to launch personal attacks and I suspect will likely dig out sdp TC record when they ran gombak and née soon.

Sdp needs to stick to their game plan and not get overly engross in fending off pap character assassinations. continue to campaign in both local and national issues and appeal both to the heart and mind of voters.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I've considered changing my prediction on the results. But increasing it by 0.1% would be inconsequential. I stay put with my 73.30% for Murali. Sinkies just love fucking themselves.

Sinkies are masochistic. Not only do they like to get fucked, they prefer it raw deep hard and long.

Sticking with my 68.5% Murali forecast

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
All good points. I hope SDP has time to recover and not be trapped in the 4 to 5 days. Yes, the character is absolutely important. They have avoid the character references and just talk about issues of voters. I don't see the press carrying on about Character or what Chee was doing for the last 2 over decades if no one in SDP brings it up.

1. Chee put in effort to polish his mandarin and hokkien to change his image of an ang moh speaking christian elite and that will win him some swing votes. But he failed to assure the majority of non-christian votes.

2. On the strategies to win swing votes, SDP is still playing catching up with WP.

3. The partisan of PA, RC and Grassroots is a triump card SDP can play to diverge being drag further into the debate on Character. Most middle ground votes would think Character is equally as importance as competency.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree on the gameplay. There are so many issues that will galvanise the voters. His second part of the speech was spot on.

The votes of low income is more or less secure for pap. What uncertain are the votes of middle and higher income swing voters. This voting bloc is Large enough to dictate the outcome.

With pap 1.9m carrot myth being busted, the only thing now they can do is to launch personal attacks and I suspect will likely dig out sdp TC record when they ran gombak and née soon.

Sdp needs to stick to their game plan and not get overly engross in fending off pap character assassinations. continue to campaign in both local and national issues and appeal both to the heart and mind of voters.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Based on the input from PAP HQ guys and looking at what has been going on for the last few days, I am getting the impression that this campaign has divided been into 2 prongs - one handled by HQ and the second by local branch and the Jurong Team. The Elderly and low income is now showing to be a red herring and I am not sure if Murali is even aware what is going on. It also unusual for the PM to come out twice in a campaign like this. I also noticed that the press brothel has avoided making the customary daily analysis touching on strategy of the parties involved. Just snippets and cursory touching of what was said.

Notice also that Tharman is awfully quiet when he is the campaign lead.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My take on what needs to be done.

1) Either Chee or PT or both must increase content on addressing the need and aspiration of the higher income. Though the press has mentioned that Murali will focus on the elderly and the sandwiched class. Its the latter and the higher income that is of focus.

2) PT and Chee must provide transparency on party funds management and donations. Especially after questions about income and jobs took centre stage.

3) Focus on the Parliamentary role. This is something that PAP cannot defend and if one notices no from the PAP has mentioned this. Chee covered this well as well as some of his colleagues. List out the key questions and concerns that Chee is going to ask in terms of current importance in parliament. It is obvious that Murali will be a waste of time and space in Parliament. And based on his current performance, he will be too meek to raise issues that will go against the party.

4) Drop all mention of character and job - it only helps the PAP reinforce this weakness. This habit of not mentioning something like David Ong and LWL and then talking about it is an age old political tactic. It may go past the dim witted but not those in the higher income bracket as they would know the intention. When he mentioned David Ong in the firs rally, people were unsure if it was sincere or deliberate but after yesterday's rally on LWL, they now know it was deliberate. It like any political opponent claiming that he will not drag in the past of his opponent and then goes on and talks about it which actually seeds the mind of voters. A fairer and more sincere approach is to actually mention David Ong and question the recruitment failure of the PAP. These are perfectly acceptable. And also why the PM's guideline issued in 2011 was wilfully ignored and why the lesson learnt from Palmer was also ignored. And demand from PAP that these kinds of conduct has to stop.

Agree with you on all points, but I think given the time allotted for last night's rally, the main thing is to set the record straight on the issue of Dr Chee's character as highlighted by PM Lee and indirectly insinuated by both Grace Fu and Haalim in the PAP rally.

Dr Chee and the team did an incredibly good job of tearing down the PAP strategy of painting Dr Chee as a person who is neither able nor capable of being the MP for BB by virtue of his character and experience. I doubt PM Lee, Grace Fu and Haalim would want to rebut Jaslyn Go , Paul Thambiya and Dr Chee for highlighting that they ' failed to notice the beam that is their own eyes when all they saw is the speck in others' eyes'.

If they do, this will be a new low in politics ever seen in Singapore's election history.

Last edited:

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Notice also that Tharman is awfully quiet when he is the campaign lead.

I think one of the pivot of pap strategy is to mount a charm offensive using Tharman's popularity and at the same time conduct character assignation on csj. Here the disparity is quite obvious. It quite possible he is active on the ground knocking on doors. Such activity are usually conducted away from the limelight but very effective especially on the apathy voters.