• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Reducing tap water flow to a trickle

jw5

Loyal
Yes it doesn't save water at all, only reduce the hygiene level. Wait till a highly infectious disease hit the town and with such ineffective washing of hands, we can be assured the infection will spread far and wide. Afterall didn't the nurses or staff at SGH also can't wash hands or trolley properly, resulting in infection and death of those patients, what more ordinary people who are less aware of importance of proper washing of hands than nurses or staff working at hospital.

Hopefully the elites go to shopping malls and use their toilets too. :wink:

jw5

Loyal
Those rentseeking landlords should really not allow the tap water flow to slow to a trickle. :wink:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those rentseeking landlords should really not allow the tap water flow to slow to a trickle. :wink:

Yes I don't see this happening in shopping centres in other countries. Like Japan. Aren't they supposed to be efficient? I don't see them reducing their tap water flow to trickle.

jw5

Loyal
Yes I don't see this happening in shopping centres in other countries. Like Japan. Aren't they supposed to be efficient? I don't see them reducing their tap water flow to trickle.

The Japanese are not such eager rentseekers and cheapskates as Sinkies. :biggrin:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Nowadays the shopping centres toilet water taps water flow are reduced to a trickle. Making proper washing of hands with soap so difficult and cumbersome.

Must be smart alec mudlander like $8 cow who suggested such short sighted move like this, same as not training Spore doctors but hiring third world FT doctors.

Save pennies and so called water conservation but putting lazy people off from proper washing of hands will only lead to lower hygiene and more infection. Food workers not washing hands properly will only cause food poisoning.

Last time they implemented a reduced flush for toilet bowls to save water. Problem is some people shit a lot and wipe backside with lots of paper. So while the reduced flush reduced water by 30%, these chaps had to flush twice in order to flush everything away. In the end, more water was used.

The reduced flush also led to more incidences of clogging, which meant cleaners had a tougher job. And in the end, not one bit of water was saved.

Our government does not understand the law of unintended consequences. They just shoot off policies from the top of their numbskulls and expect things to work as they imagine.

When you reduce water pressure at taps, some people will end up not bothering to wash at all. The tiongs are famous for this.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last time they implemented a reduced flush for toilet bowls to save water. Problem is some people shit a lot and wipe backside with lots of paper. So while the reduced flush reduced water by 30%, these chaps had to flush twice in order to flush everything away. In the end, more water was used.

The reduced flush also led to more incidences of clogging, which meant cleaners had a tougher job. And in the end, not one bit of water was saved.

Our government does not understand the law of unintended consequences. They just shoot off policies from the top of their numbskulls and expect things to work as they imagine.

When you reduce water pressure at taps, some people will end up not bothering to wash at all. The tiongs are famous for this.

it's not so much the amount of water but the pressure of the flush. due to drought, i have installed lower-volume higher-pressure bowls. the problem with these bowls is that the convoluted neck where shit flows is narrower (to increase flow pressure) and every time my shit is long and gets broken into 2 sections, both sections contend with each other to get past the neck. and they get stuck, thus a plunger plus more water need to be used.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Actually I can already see that the wash basins are alot more dirty nowadays. The water trickle is not enough to wash away the food particles that people spit out after rinsing their mouth. This is not unlike what you said of the bad effects of reduced flush.

Yes exactly with the water flow so small, some people will not bother to wash at all. They should put back the water flow right away.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Please recommend this to the people responsible for water flow.

[video=youtube;Wdg_CsaGSlY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wdg_CsaGSlY[/video]

jw5

Loyal
Actually I can already see that the wash basins are alot more dirty nowadays. The water trickle is not enough to wash away the food particles that people spit out after rinsing their mouth. This is not unlike what you said of the bad effects of reduced flush.

Yes exactly with the water flow so small, some people will not bother to wash at all. They should put back the water flow right away.

The cleaners should also work harder to clean the basins. :wink:

TeamDrifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Japan has the most gracious society. We should all follow the Japanese.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please recommend this to the people responsible for water flow.

[video=youtube;Wdg_CsaGSlY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wdg_CsaGSlY[/video]

The way they reduce the water flow is more than 5% that this thimble can save according to the video. I think they cut down 90% flow. The water flow is a trickle is no exaggeration, the next stage will be reducing it to droplets.

jw5

Loyal
More work for them to clean often. Not sure how they can clean properly too with such low water flow. Use a pail?

Not all landlords are bad, I am a good landlord who take care of tenants.

Couple Of Points:

1. Saw a cleaner once cleaning the wash basins with a wet cloth. :wink:

2. It's great that you are a good landlord but I was referring to the rentseeking mall owners. :biggrin:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Couple Of Points:

1. Saw a cleaner once cleaning the wash basins with a wet cloth. :wink:

2. It's great that you are a good landlord but I was referring to the rentseeking mall owners. :biggrin:

Seriously I don't think it is the mall owners' initiative. I see the new malls in recent years all have nice sensor taps and one even give paper towels for wiping hands in toilets. The older malls have also been upgrading their toilets. No reason for them to cut cost like that by reducing the water flow to trickle. I think it must be a directive from govt. Probably by a mudlander with shit idea like my smart Alec ex colleague or $8 cow.