• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bad experience with New Balance any suggestions on walking shoes?

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't really like to wear shoes in Spore because of the hot and humid climate, I only wear shoes when necessary like going to work, playing sports or running.

I wear Crocs for walking on Spore streets most of the time. Crocs are more airy and cooler on the feet, water-proof, comfortable and durable. The Crocs I've been wearing lasted many years.

cro11016-ou7.jpg

Selection_234-400x166.png

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Skechers is great for walking and they even have great running shoes surprisingly. It's available almost everywhere in sports shops but if you like can go Raffles City second floor have a stand alone store. http://www.skechers.com.sg/store-locator.php
Here's my fav walking shoe for casual which I bring everywhere bought 3 pairs for my 3 location of stay.
[/URL]

....later wearing this old pair of Skechers to the mountain

I took a look at the online store in Spore & from what I've seen I prefer the models shown in Amazon.
However will go down to Raffles to eyeball the models they have here.

I also checked in Qoo10 & saw plenty of different models, including golfing shoes.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
skecher shoes is my fav..

i can walk from sukhumvit soi 2 ( nana area) to param 9 wearing my skecher shoe and still feel good after the long walk. I love to walk in bkk.

That is about 15km i think.

Actually i walk more that that as i also visit a number of sois along sukhumvit to check out restaurants, pubs and cafe.. many themes and nice design of restaurants.

so i think i walk more than 20 km that time.

Tot u living in Australia

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't really like to wear shoes in Spore because of the hot and humid climate, I only wear shoes when necessary like going to work, playing sports or running. ....

I'd feel uncomfortable going out with flip flops or sockless. Maybe that's why I prefer the conventioal lace up shoes, still do:o

I use those socks with bamboo that cut down on the odour.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I took a look at the online store in Spore & from what I've seen I prefer the models shown in Amazon.
However will go down to Raffles to eyeball the models they have here.

I also checked in Qoo10 & saw plenty of different models, including golfing shoes.

If you want to buy shoes, go to their original stores if you can access to them.. this is the best way to purchase real stuffs.

There are many skecher shops in bkk and sinkieland that you can get skecher shoes from.

The price is around the same, not much difference.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Applies to keen as well I supposed.

keen and teva protect the sole, toes and heel very well. guck doesn't get on the in-sole easily. i waded through rain water in sg during tropical thunderstorms and only oily residue from vehicles on the road get to the bottom of my feet. hardly have any yucky substance on my feet unless the whole street is filled with sewage.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you want to buy shoes, go to their original stores if you can access to them.. this is the best way to purchase real stuffs.

There are many skecher shops in bkk and sinkieland that you can get skecher shoes from.

The price is around the same, not much difference.

I remember when Skechers was a newbie brand & the only place you would find them were in places like Queensway Shopping Mall. Price is of course a factor but so too is selection.

The main reason I shopped at Amazon for New Balance shoes was because Amazon had the wide selection of NB walking shoes . In Spore I only found one model at Queensway which I purchased. Since Amazon does not ship out NB shoes to Spore I had to pay extra $ to use a freight forwarder.

As the NB shoes have been a disappointment I am now looking at other brands.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
pls consider Red Wing made in america Oxfords

Thabks, I've thought about the Red Wing brand. They are reputed to last a life time. The cons are the long break in period & the weight which may be overkill for city walking in the tropics. I have a pair of Timberland classic boat shoes which I don't use because I now find them too heavy for daily use. As one gets older, one appreciate lighter shoes:o

I've been googling Skechers shoes & I'm impressed by what I hear about how light & comfortable they are. You can also throw them into the washing machine if they are dirty. I'll get a pair & try them out on my next trip to LOS:smile:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Thabks, I've thought about the Red Wing brand. They are reputed to last a life time. The cons are the long break in period & the weight which may be overkill for city walking in the tropics. I have a pair of Timberland classic boat shoes which I don't use because I now find them too heavy for daily use. As one gets older, one appreciate lighter shoes:o

I've been googling Skechers shoes & I'm impressed by what I hear about how light & comfortable they are. You can also throw them into the washing machine if they are dirty. I'll get a pair & try them out on my next trip to LOS:smile:

Try walking from Sukhumvit to param9... Lots of fun..

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
You can't go wrong with Crocs slip-on loafers. They last a long time, and are light as a feather. Amazon has good reviews on them.

Light-Grey-and-Navy-Mens-Walu-Accent-_14392_01U_IS.jpg

gs4720.jpg

Army-Green-and-Stucco-Mens-Walu-Accent-_14392_34E_IS.jpg

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Had a chance to go to the Skechers store. In Spore they only come in full sizes & there are no half sizes e.g. 7, 8. 9, 10, 11,..
Decided to get the Go Walk 3.0 lace up model. Color options are limited & the model I selected costs $115.

There are more model choices available at Amazon & they deliver to Spore. They also have half sizes 7, 7.5, 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5,..
The prices at Amazon are cheaper . The model I got in Spore for SIN$115, only costs USD$39.95 from Amazon.

If I like the shoes I may get other models from Amazon since there are more model available & as an Amazon Prime member shipping may be free.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Had a chance to go to the Skechers store. In Spore they only come in full sizes & there are no half sizes e.g. 7, 8. 9, 10, 11,..
Decided to get the Go Walk 3.0 lace up model. Color options are limited & the model I selected costs $115.

There are more model choices available at Amazon & they deliver to Spore. They also have half sizes 7, 7.5, 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5,..
The prices at Amazon are cheaper . The model I got in Spore for SIN$115, only costs USD$39.95 from Amazon.

If I like the shoes I may get other models from Amazon since there are more model available & as an Amazon Prime member shipping may be free.

i have both crocs and skechers, i like skechers more for long and normal walks, while crocs is for normal walking only. Skechers is my preference.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the lats 3 years I've purchased 3 pairs of New Balance walking shoes. I recently had problems with the soles of 2 of the oldest the pairs. These 2 pairs were manufactured in the USA & China. One of the shoes which was bought locally in Spore & the other one from Amazon. The Amazon pair was manufactured in the USA.

What usually happens is that the sole starts to give way. On one pair I found a large gash on the sole of the shoes. It surprised me because I use the shoe on the streets of Spore & not in the outdoors. I thought nothing about it until recently I had a problem with another pair. The back part of the sole started coming off:eek:

When I was using New Balance runners, I think they were the 660 model, I never had any problems problems. Of course the shoe had normal wear & tear but never had a catastrophic failure. Now I am down to my last pair & I expect it to fail soon.

I am looking for a walking shoe that I can use daily & not a flashy pair of runners. I do have Timberland boat shoes but I find them heavy.
Looking for recommendations on a good pair of walking shoes:confused:

This is exactly what you need.. even skechers pale in comparison and i have worn both..

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/hi-tec-zuuk-mens-shoes-p269610

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you're talking about walking shoes, nothing beats Geoxx and Ecco for comfort and lightness. Great for long walks when travelling.

For boat shoe where durability, comfort and grip are all equally important, Sperry and Sebago top the list in terms of value for money. (Timberland is over-hyped, overpriced in S'pore and their soles often split apart when exposed to water for prolonged periods.)

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Found another highly rated walking shoe, This one is by Brooks, the Brooks addiction walker.

http://www.amazon.com/Brooks-Addict...92925&sr=8-1&keywords=brooks+addiction+walker

Brooks is well known for their runners but didn't know that they also had walking shoes. I've already bought the Skechers Gowalk 3, maybe I'll get another pair of walking shoes but now the problem is deciding on which brand to try since there are so many recommendations :smile: