• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ex Scholar General Minister of Education introduces area cleaning to all schools

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I guess he must have missed it when they stopped it in the SAF. So, now tekan all the school kids to do it. LOL. Area cleaning has been on and off for decades in singapore, has not made any difference to the contribution of good life habits among sinkies.

Daily cleaning by students will be introduced in all schools
The move is intended to inculcate in students a sense of responsibility and good life habits, says MOE.

SINGAPORE: Annual spring cleaning for the classroom or being rostered for weekly cleaning duty might be familiar to some, but now, the Ministry of Education (MOE) wants to make classroom cleaning a daily affair for students.

By the end of 2016, daily cleaning by students will be introduced in all schools, said Acting Minister for Education (Schools) Ng Chee Meng on Thursday (Feb 25).

According to MOE, all schools from primary schools to junior colleges have autonomy in the implementation of daily cleaning. This covers common areas such as classrooms and corridors, and excludes toilets.

This is being introduced with the aim of inculcating in students a sense of responsibility and good life habits.

MOE said that many schools have already incorporated five to 10 minutes of cleaning activities within their school hours each day. These schools include Xingnan Primary School, Park View Primary School, and New Town Secondary School.

The ministry said they looked at similar practices in other education systems - such as Taiwan and Japan - in the planning process.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. Area cleaning is an important part of character development in the SAF. I am glad we are starting to inculcate good values to young people. :cool:

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
2 -plus years in the army, and many years there after in reservist, when they need to clear and wash their own food trays and utensils after use, they still need Cleaners to clear food trays and used utensils in Hawker centres across the country. Couple years back they introduced clearing of such across the country.

My opinion is its a failure.

So what does this wet-behind-the-ears politician knows to force all students to clean their school?

Nothing better to change in school system? How about reviewing and stop teaching useless subjects and contents that the working industry does not need, Nor students cannot work after graduation. Companies need to look to 3rd countries and fake certificates, which was touted to be more employable, to work in SG.

Haizzz, just wasted a few millions on these non-experienced so-called ministers.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This General Ng Chee Meng is truly a great minister of education. I am glad we voted people like him and Ong Ye Kung into office.

jw5

Loyal
It would be great if Ong Ye Kung becomes the next National Development Ministar. :wink:

This General Ng Chee Meng is truly a great minister of education. I am glad we voted people like him and Ong Ye Kung into office.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It would be great if Ong Ye Kung becomes the next National Development Ministar. :wink:

give your accolade threa number 1 priority. it is very lau khui one u know? where r u cronies? pissed off with ur pattern? gay leaders are rare indeed.

jw5

Loyal
Stop polluting this thread and keep the feud in those shit threads lah, you fucking moron. :rolleyes:

give your accolade threa number 1 priority. it is very lau khui one u know? where r u cronies? pissed off with ur pattern? gay leaders are rare indeed.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Stop polluting this thread and keep the feud in those shit threads lah, you fucking moron. :rolleyes:

have you bought the 50kg of snacks you told me you wanted to buy to 'tong' your shift here? Task your cronies lah. if u still have them.

your battle with me produced a shocking result. scroobal and mark yeo didnt participate and they emerged winners by several miles. what went wrong, moron?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

nobody voted for him,he was parachuted into office on the back of a political party,who in the world would assign a military general to educate our kids?thats like getting stevie wonder to drive ur bus.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
2 -plus years in the army, and many years there after in reservist, when they need to clear and wash their own food trays and utensils after use, they still need Cleaners to clear food trays and used utensils in Hawker centres across the country. Couple years back they introduced clearing of such across the country.

My opinion is its a failure.

So what does this wet-behind-the-ears politician knows to force all students to clean their school?

Nothing better to change in school system? How about reviewing and stop teaching useless subjects and contents that the working industry does not need, Nor students cannot work after graduation. Companies need to look to 3rd countries and fake certificates, which was touted to be more employable, to work in SG.

Haizzz, just wasted a few millions on these non-experienced so-called ministers.

I rather they bring the students to old folks home to help them, or some non profit org that feeds people and what not. They should do some public service and volunteering. And I am not talking about being shanghaied for the NDP, SEA Games, etc. I am talking about real charity work that makes a difference in the lives of people.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
nobody voted for him,he was parachuted into office on the back of a political party,who in the world would assign a military general to educate our kids?thats like getting stevie wonder to drive ur bus.

That is why this fucktard comes out with all this shit about area cleaning for school kids. Really? Is this the highest priority that he can think of as an Education Minister? What about giving sinkie students more or at least the same amount of scholarships that he gives to foreign students? What about creating more capacity in the unis and polys for engineers, nurses, etc. so that we do not have to import so many FTs while claiming that they cannot find qualified sinkies to do these jobs? why don't he examine what kind of education system he has that needs to send every kid to 2-6 hours of tuition every day after school? If his teachers cannot teach the kids all they need to know within the classroom hours, and they have to for tuition, its a damning indictment of their system. These and many more serious problems in the education system are not being addressed, but apparently area cleaning is the top of the list.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Preparing our students to be cleaners in the new sinkapore economy where foreigners will form the majority.

PAP betrays sinkapore.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SOC in schools is a great idea. They should also make all sinkie women serve NS and do SOC. :biggrin:

Boss u r ignored AGAIN.
Just stay inside your kennel. People want to stroke your head they know where to go, dun enter other kennels. No one wants you even though u r a great poet. Pitiful

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
These habits and responsibilities should be inculcated starting from the home! One problem in Singapore is that people have left everything to the government and government bodies to do for them! Including teaching of manners and behaviour!! Simple chores like sweeping the floors, washing dishes, need institutions to carry out for people??? Perhaps life has become too comfortable for folks here! I notice kids at home don't even take their plates to the kitchen wash area after finishing their meals? They get their maids to clear up after they eat! I once invited a colleague home for dinner, for a home cooked meal, since he was single and doesn't live with family, I was surprise after eating, he simply left the plate at the table and proceeded to the living room to watch TV and drink beer! A thoughtful person would have offered to wash the dishes when invited to some home for a meal. The idea is not whether one is paid or compensated, but thoughtfulness and consideration for others should be in the mind at all times! In these, Singapore is far from being a "first-world country."

Cheers!

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
These habits and responsibilities should be inculcated starting from the home! One problem in Singapore is that people have left everything to the government and government bodies to do for them! Including teaching of manners and behaviour!! Simple chores like sweeping the floors, washing dishes, need institutions to carry out for people??? Perhaps life has become too comfortable for folks here! I notice kids at home don't even take their plates to the kitchen wash area after finishing their meals? They get their maids to clear up after they eat! I once invited a colleague home for dinner, for a home cooked meal, since he was single and doesn't live with family, I was surprise after eating, he simply left the plate at the table and proceeded to the living room to watch TV and drink beer! A thoughtful person would have offered to wash the dishes when invited to some home for a meal. The idea is not whether one is paid or compensated, but thoughtfulness and consideration for others should be in the mind at all times! In these, Singapore is far from being a "first-world country."

Cheers!

Very simple. Double the maid levy to discourage hiring domestic help. I think many families, both adults and children will benefit greatly from learning to clean after themselves. That is how we make Singapore great again.

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal
I cringe when I first saw Ah Loong holding a broom on TV.

This should be applied to all offsprings of all elites in Singapore too.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
This way (doubling the levy) - everyone loses. If more money is being forked out for a maid - the one who should benefit from this most should be the maid. She is the one who has left home (and family), and makes the biggest sacrifice. If this increment is implemented, it shouldn't go the MOM, it should go to some kind of "savings bond" for the maid to take home when her contract ends. For the part of domestic chores, it is the duty of each family to inculcate and assign duties to the kids, based on the child's ability and the family's lifestyle. And for all Singapore males, they should learn to cook! None of my colleagues at work know anything about baking or barbecuing (which is common skill among men in the West). Here, they know where all the good eats are, but none of them know how to cook/prepare what they like to eat!

Cheers!

Very simple. Double the maid levy to discourage hiring domestic help. I think many families, both adults and children will benefit greatly from learning to clean after themselves. That is how we make Singapore great again.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
This way (doubling the levy) - everyone loses. If more money is being forked out for a maid - the one who should benefit from this most should be the maid. She is the one who has left home (and family), and makes the biggest sacrifice. If this increment is implemented, it shouldn't go the MOM, it should go to some kind of "savings bond" for the maid to take home when her contract ends. For the part of domestic chores, it is the duty of each family to inculcate and assign duties to the kids, based on the child's ability and the family's lifestyle. And for all Singapore males, they should learn to cook! None of my colleagues at work know anything about baking or barbecuing (which is common skill among men in the West). Here, they know where all the good eats are, but none of them know how to cook/prepare what they like to eat!

Cheers!

Precisely my point sir. Sinkies are getting soft! They did not have to do household chores like their mothers do in the time because of all these third world maids. Absolutely disgraceful! The crux of the matter is that maids have become too accessible, so much that regular children do not have to worry about chores at home. We cannot afford to let the poor and the middle class to become weak and effeminate. The final solution is to ban maids altogether for low income households earning less than 100k per annum, not replace good Singaporean values of hard work and discipline by replicating simple household chores in schools.