• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Many Msian PRs are very afraid Looney will force them convert to sinkie

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your wife's friend is very smart. If I were her husband, I would be extremely thankful to her for not giving up her m&d citizenship.

Yah this category also growing, I call them citizens of convenience. Where usually only one spouse is a Sinkie and one remains a foreigner, usually a Jiu Hu Lang.

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is the rationale for giving up a big country passport in exchange for a peesai country passport?

It is a globalised world. We should freely move around and not be restrained by national boundaries.

Only people living in the old world cares about that.

Last edited:

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah this category also growing, I call them citizens of convenience. Where usually only one spouse is a Sinkie and one remains a foreigner, usually a Jiu Hu Lang.

It's growing because there is no incentive whatsoever for them to convert to SG citizenship. The moment you allow them to buy subsidized HDB flats and rent it out to earn income just like SGreans, they are already on par with SGreans. In fact they are better off because they can still buy houses in Mudland without the restrictions and drive Mudland registered cars into Singapore.

They also have an advantage in the labour market because they don't have to contribute to CPF and they don't have to report for reservist duty.

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see no difference between Malaysians and Singaporeans. Other than that silly paper called passport.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fascist Looney: They shall convert or die!

70% daft Sinkies: Huat Ah! We are all in the same sinking boat!

[video=youtube;rgUqk2tl31o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgUqk2tl31o[/video]

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My wife has a longtime primary school friend who is a Malaysian Chinese and SPR. Her friend came over when she was a baby and lived all her life in Sinkieland, she studied from nursery school to uni in Sinkieland, work in Sinkieland, married a Sinkie and have 4 Sinkie kids. But after all these decades, her friend steadfastly refused to give up her Malaysian citizenship to be a Sinkie.

Why would anyone want to get a Spore citizenship?
We are expected to pay market rate for everything. People have described Spore as an expensive hotel where people are expandable once they are too old.

As a Malaysian citizen she'll be able to withdraw her CPF & have more oppurtunities like working in Malaysia, buying cheap Malaysian property, retiring there,.... etc.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why would anyone want to get a Spore citizenship?
We are expected to pay market rate for everything. People have described Spore as an expensive hotel where people are expandable once they are too old.

As a Malaysian citizen she'll be able to withdraw her CPF & have more oppurtunities like working in Malaysia, buying cheap Malaysian property, retiring there,.... etc.

Most of the working adults I know who boasted they would retire in Malaysia have retired in Singapore instead.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Will right-wing, opposition sinkies do this to jiuhookias who refuse to convert?

ten-rings-iron-man-1024x427.png

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most of the working adults I know who boasted they would retire in Malaysia have retired in Singapore instead.

The reality is that Spore is getting too expensive & crowded. It is also getting to be inconvenient with the haze, dengue,, flash floods,....

Maybe in the past some of the Chinese Malaysians would have stayed on in Spore but nowadays there are better places to work & live. If they decide to work overseas, you'll find them targetting the same countries that Sporeans are moving to e.g. Australia, Canada,....

There are also many decent places in Malaysia to retire e.g. Ipoh

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The reality is that Spore is getting too expensive & crowded. It is also getting to be inconvenient with the haze, dengue,, flash floods,....

Maybe in the past some of the Chinese Malaysians would have stayed on in Spore but nowadays there are better places to work & live. If they decide to work overseas, you'll find them targetting the same countries that Sporeans are moving to e.g. Australia, Canada,....

There are also many decent places in Malaysia to retire e.g. Ipoh

My friends gave me those same reasons.

- 1 HDB flat in singapore = 1 bungalow in bolehland + car
- low costs of living
- very good exchange rate

But in the end, they retired in Singapore instead. The exchange rate is favourable to us because Malaysia is so badly run. Nothing in this world is free, including a very favourable exchange rate. My friends in the end, explained why they retired in Singapore instead, despite their hatred for PAP and the higher costs of living.

1) discrimination against non-Muslims and non-Malays in an increasingly intolerant Islamic-majority society

2) security and safety, which again, is sometimes linked to the first point

3) the rest of the family refuse to relocate to Malaysia because the future of Malaysia is increasingly bleak for non-Muslims and also for the Muslims. Fewer job opportunities, difficult access to higher education of their choice simply because they are Chinese and non-Muslims. You have no idea how much Islamic Malaysia dislikes educating non-Muslims in fields like engineering and medicine. People want to retire and be surrounded by family, not retire alone.

They concluded that while Singapore is definitely expensive, it is a premium to pay for security, freedom from systematic religious and race discrimination, meritocracy to pursue whatever field of study/career they wish.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
All your frustrations are pointless because Singapore is not really a country with a future. The sooner you recognise this fact, the better for your family and your own future.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
All your frustrations are pointless because Singapore is not really a country with a future. The sooner you recognise this fact, the better for your family and your own future.

Our population has increased over the past ten consecutive years. People are here for education, jobs and there is a huge demand for HDB flats. Opposition cock suckers need to back up their claims with real facts.

whybornme

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore PR are just 5 year work permit.
if don't pay income tax for 1 out of 5 years, you cant renew re-entry permit.( meaning you can exit but not come in again)
PR are worth more than citizens because after these people become jobless or retired their PR are revoked and they fuck back to their own countries.

whybornme

Alfrescian
Loyal
in Malaysia, a billionaire Malaysian Chinese is still non bumi 2nd class citizen.
in Singapore , a working class Chinese citizen is first class citizen with anyone else.

your dignity is worth how much ? can you put a price for dignity ?