• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ABBA!! Prosecution calls for 11 to 12 years' jail for Kong Hee and church leaders!!

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: ABBA!! Prosecution calls for 11 to 12 years' jail for Kong Hee and church leaders

#CHCtrial BREAKING: Start of sentence deferred, bail extended to Jan 11 https://t.co/tgTeB2wgVJ

start sentence from 11 Jan 2016...

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Re: ABBA!! Prosecution calls for 11 to 12 years' jail for Kong Hee and church leaders

#CHCtrial: All lawyers appeal to defer start of sentence till after Jan 5, the start of the school year http://bit.Iy/1XdnZ9I

Does this mean all accepted the sentence and not even appealing the judgement?

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal

12274580_794779990634001_2955158197985164359_n.png

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal

SINGAPORE: All six City Harvest Church (CHC) leaders were sentenced to between 21 months and eight years' jail on Friday (Nov 20).

Kong Hee was sentenced to eight years in prison.

John Lam was sentenced to three years in prison.

Sharon Tan was sentenced to 21 months in prison.

Chew Eng Han was sentenced to six years in prison.

Tan Ye Peng was sentenced to five years and six months in prison.

Serina Wee was sentenced to five years in prison.

Bail for all six was extended, and the start of their sentence deferred until Jan 11 next year.

Judge See Kee Oon, in sentencing the leaders, said that Kong Hee was the most culpable, followed by Tan Ye Peng, Chew Eng Han, Serina Wee, and John Lam.

The six were found guilty on Oct 21 on all counts of criminal breach of trust, and falsification of accounts. They were in court on Friday for oral submissions.

The leaders set up sham bond investments to fund the Crossover Project, the church's attempt to reach out to non-Christians by propelling Kong Hee's wife, Ho Yeow Sun, to pop stardom. Sun Ho, as she is commonly known, was not in court on Friday.

In court, the defence argued that the co-accused were merely following orders and acting in the interests of the church, and thus their sentences should be calibrated.

The prosecution team consisting of DPPs Mavis Chionh, Tan Kiat Pheng, Christopher Ong, Joel Chen, Jeremy Yeo and Eugenge Sng, submitted that "each of the accused persons played their respective roles in a conspiracy with intent to cause wrongful loss to CHC and to defraud the auditors".

"They did not merely wait passively for Kong Hee to instruct them to carry out each specific act and deception needed to drive the conspiracy forward. They took their own initiative to deceive and mislead the trusting members of CHC where necessary, and cannot escape responsibility for those acts," said the prosecution.

Aftering hearing the submissions from both sides, Judge See said that he will pass the sentence at 3pm.

"For us ex-members, we'll leave it to the judge. We have to respect the Honour's decision. As what the prosecutor says, we need to do it right now because it will have a great repercussion on other mega churches on what and what cannot be done," said a man who identified himself as a former City Harvest member.

This is a developing story, to be updated with details on the sentencing at 3pm.

- CNA/wl

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Kong_Hee_and_Ye_Peng.jpg

Buckethead

Alfrescian
Loyal

It's time for him to start singing songs in the shower and not to pick up soaps that dropped to the floor, lol

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

The verdict and the sentence is a travesty of justice.

Since when is it a criminal offense to give your wife money that was donated to you? That's what wives do... they help you spend your money.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal

Abba kena 8 years at Changi Cove.

Serina Wee going for 5 years ...

CABcommander

Alfrescian
Loyal

The verdict and the sentence is a travesty of justice.

Since when is it a criminal offense to give your wife money that was donated to you? That's what wives do... they help you spend your money.

Walk the talk. You want to donate your millions for KH to launch an appeal?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

People commented that 8 years was too lenient for kongster. Many guys kpkb over serina's sentencing

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal

11206948_794789167299750_6307889399240069178_n.png

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

People commented that 8 years was too lenient for kongster. Many guys kpkb over serina's sentencing

These are useless manginas and white Knights.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Out of the six persons, only one has personal benefit through wife? That is the risk of CBT and falsifying accounts for other people's benefits.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Walk the talk. You want to donate your millions for KH to launch an appeal?

I'm not donating to Kong Hee because I have not signed up for his cause.

However I have donated money to causes I believe in and I have never begrudged the recipient the opportunity to use the money as he sees fit.

Buckethead

Alfrescian
Loyal

Celebrate...good times (chalets)..come on...

[video=youtube;3GwjfUFyY6M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M[/video]

CABcommander

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'm not donating to Kong Hee because I have not signed up for his cause.

However I have donated money to causes I believe in and I have never begrudged the recipient the opportunity to use the money as he sees fit.

You mean kong hee and the sun whore project crossover is not something you believe in?? Wtf I thought you always claim to be a fan and believer.

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Kong Hee:
State: 11 to 12 years
Judge: 8 years.

Chew Eng Han:
Judge: 6 years

Tan Ye Peng:
Judge: 6 years

Serina Wee
Judge: 5years, 6 months