• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Poor US Navy Seal going to jail becos of 1 stupid sinkie taxi driver

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE - A former US Navy Seal convicted of punching a taxi driver and hurling the cabby's walkie-talkie into Marina Bay was sentenced to four weeks' jail and fined $800 on Monday (Nov 2).

American student Ian Damery Fitzgerald, who is appealing against his conviction and sentence, was allowed bail of $5,000.

The 31-year-old, a former member of the US Navy's principal special operations force, was convicted last month of punching Mr Lim Chin Sheng, 42, on the face near Marina Boulevard at about 12.50am on May 31 last year; and for mischief.

The 1.9m tall Fitzgerald denied hitting the cabby and throwing the walkie-talkie into the sea. He claimed that he threw Mr Lim's mobile phone onto a grass patch to diffuse the situation.

The trial went on for 5-1/2 days.

The court heard that Mr Lim was driving his taxi along Marina Boulevard just past the NTUC Centre when Fitzgerald stood in the middle of the leftmost lane to flag down the taxi. He was with his girlfriend, Ms Erin Alexander, who was working in Singapore.

After the couple got into the taxi, Mr Lim refused to take them to Balmoral Crescent. He felt uncomfortable picking up passengers at roads which had double zigzag lines, as it was a traffic offence.

Mr Lim then left the taxi. The couple also got out and Ms Alexander walked away without Fitzgerald.

The cabby saw Fitzgerald taking his pouch from the front driver seat and asked him to return it.

Fitzgerald slammed the door of the taxi on Mr Lim's leg, and pushed him to the ground.

He subsequently pushed Mr Lim to the ground three more times, causing him to fall.

Mr Lim called the police and told Fitzgerald to remain at the scene. Fitzgerald continued to walk away, with Mr Lim pursuing him. Mr Lim tugged at the American's shirt to prevent him from leaving.

At the Promenade area, Fitzgerald turned around and punched Mr Lim on the face. When the cabby fell, his mobile phone and walkie-talkie also dropped. Fitzgerald picked up the walkie-talkie and threw it into Marina Bay.

Mr Lim continued to follow Fitzgerald. While they were near OUE Tower, Fitzgerald pushed Mr Lim into a water fountain.

Mr Lim suffered bruises on the face and was given five days of medical leave.

In his oral judgment, District Judge Low Wee Ping found that Fitzgerald's attacks on Mr Lim were sustained and repeated. He agreed with the prosecution that it was "an almost one-sided assault", and that Fitzgerald was the aggressor.

The judge agreed with the defence that Fitzgerald's actions were not pre-meditated. The accused, who was drunk, had acted on impulse each time.

The maximum punishment for causing hurt is two years' jail and a $5,000 fine; and for mischief, one year's jail and a fine.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The judge agreed with the defence that Fitzgerald's actions were not pre-meditated. The accused, who was drunk, had acted on impulse each time.

Are they saying that it is excusable to be violent when you are drunk? If you can't handle yourself when drunk, then don't get drunk! Like drink driving, if you can't drive properly when drunk, then don't drive. You can't say that in his defense, he is drunk that's why the accident. Load of bullshits!

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
In the first place, if it is illegal to pick up passengers at that spot (with zig zag lines), why did the taxi driver stop? And then subsequently change his mind and not fetch them to their destination?

Obviously the former navy SEAL does not understand our traffic laws regarding taxi pickups. Even I don't understand them. It is bloody rude to stop for a potential passenger and then abruptly refuse to send them to their destination. Can't blame the former SEAL for being 'effing pissed. I myself might have taken been tempted to take a swing at the cabby if I were in his shoes.

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the first place, if it is illegal to pick up passengers at that spot (with zig zag lines), why did the taxi driver stop? And then subsequently change his mind and not fetch them to their destination?

Obviously the former navy SEAL does not understand our traffic laws regarding taxi pickups. Even I don't understand them. It is bloody rude to stop for a potential passenger and then abruptly refuse to send them to their destination. Can't blame the former SEAL for being 'effing pissed. I myself might have taken been tempted to take a swing at the cabby if I were in his shoes.

This is exactly the point of my thread.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal

Tis taxi fucker need to be wallop and taught a lesson, knn taxi drivers always stop but when asked to proceed to near destination they got 101 excuses for not able to make the trip.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
its clear that SAF has failed to properly train sinkies as soldiers and combatants of war,it seems that whenever theres an altercation between a ang moh be it ex navy seal or ex military or non military,the ang moh always beats the sinkie to pulp 9 out of 10 times.even taking on 4 sinkies at once and overpowering them.

im going to open a muay thai/boxing school for taxi drivers and train them in the art of underground martial arts and street fighting,sometimes a sinkie must learn how to fight for justice himself instead of relying on the courts for justice and learn to carry themselves with more confidence.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cabby claimed zig zag line and still picked up the passengers.
Refused to go to destination claimed felt uneasy.
Left his cab apparently refusing to drive.
Claimed angmo took his pouch but no mention of it afterwards.
Still want to kuailan and chase after drunk angmo.....looking for fight but kena hamtum instead.

This cabby must be a lowlife like Krafty and playing victim. He had it coming

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are they saying that it is excusable to be violent when you are drunk? If you can't handle yourself when drunk, then don't get drunk! Load of bullshits!

Defence lawyer for this American scum is an amateur. He should have told the judge the scum was depressed and got drunk when he hit the taxi driver, just like the old case of another ang moh scum banker who got fine but no jail because his lawyer said he was depressed and drunk for assaulting taxi driver.

Judges are easy to fool in sinkie land.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Taxi drivers sibeh kiam pa one.. The worst are this kind of walkie-talkie carrying taxi drivers who think they damn big fuck.

think they show attitude to sinkie passengers damn yaya.. now meet Navy seal see how you kuai lan.. LOL

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
..Still want to kuailan and chase after drunk angmo.....looking for fight but kena hamtum instead...

The American scum is as tall as the giraffe. How to win in a fight? He should have called for mata mata and let the mata mata get hantam instead by the drunk scum.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tis taxi fucker need to be wallop and taught a lesson, knn taxi drivers always stop but when asked to proceed to near destination they got 101 excuses for not able to make the trip.

It all depends on whether the taxi driver you stopped is honestly earning a living or he only using taxi for side line business as a bookie, bookie runner, debt collector, errand runner and a host of other private assignments which pays better.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The American scum is as tall as the giraffe. How to win in a fight? He should have called for mata mata and let the mata mata get hantam instead by the drunk scum.

He called mata but they take time to arrive. They won't pursue if person has left

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
He called mata but they take time to arrive. They won't pursue if person has left

The "seal" should hentam the chinky racist taxi diver till he bleeds, disembowel him, get all that lard pork out of the stomach and hang him up to dry with a halal sign.

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal
4 weeks jail for a former navy seal in a comfy nanny state Singapore is nothing compared to what he has endured in dirty stinky shitty Arab prisons. Torture and abused some more by crazy and sick Moslems.

You don't have to worry for him.

Singapore jail is a holiday retreat for him.

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
2111536574413_-_02_11_2015_-_ecian03.jpg
seal_insignia_official_motto_hoodie_dark.jpg