• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Middle-ground voter explain why she voted for PAP this time.

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am a classic middle-ground voter. I am not a die-hard supporter of any party - I support the one with the most rational and convincing plans. In the past, I've voted both for white and for opposition. Over the past 9 days, I've been bombarded with all sorts of rhetoric and passionate pleas on my feed. But for a want-to-be-rational voter, many of the posts annoyed me tremendously. When you hurl attacks, act yaya papaya, it makes me want to vote your party less. When opposition supporters accuse Ministers of doing nothing but collect their $1m paycheck and shake leg, it makes me want to vote white. Conversely, when people tell me to "vote wisely", it makes me want to vote blue. When will people learn that trying to arm-twist others into following your political beliefs has the OPPOSITE effect?

I hear a lot of opposition supporters say they need change, for action. PAP is no action, talk only. This makes me laugh. You only need to talk to people on the ground, the everyday folks, to know that the ruling party had been very busy working their asses off since GE11. I've spoken to so many people who told me that while they want opposition, their MP helped them in this and that. In other words, while the keyboard warriors have been making assumptions about the MIW, painting them as ivory tower caricatures, the MIW have been quietly winning the hearts and votes of their electorate over the past four years. It's very difficult not to vote your MP in when they helped you get a HDB flat or a job.

Using the same argument, what did the opposition DO over the past four years? For many silently watching by the side, WP did nothing, at least nothing that could be chalked up as significant in Parliament. In GE11, people voted WP because they felt PAP was getting too big for their britches. In GE15, many people felt that WP had taken over those britches. A vote is a pledge of trust, not a prize. When people feel that you don't measure up to what is entrusted to you, they take it away the next time. It's a very level-headed decision.

What I'm saying is this was no freak result. No, people didn't vote white because they were scared PAP would not form gahmen. No, it wasn't the new citizens. Don't flatter yourself. As it turned out, the gerrymandering was needless anyway, the swing was so big it wouldn't have mattered. As Cherian George said, Singaporeans are a very pragmatic electorate. People can talk till they're blue in the face about more voices in Parliament but guess what, a voice is just that - a voice. The vast majority of Singaporeans have indicated that they don't want empty talk. They want people who DO. Stop posturing with your big words and your grand ideas. How will you make those ideas happen?

I have since last night, come to realise that majority of Singaporeans are inner rebels. We don't like confrontation so we may not respond to arguments we don't agree with. But it doesn't mean we don't have our own minds and we make our own assessments. The more you shout, the more I'm convinced you are a lunatic and I will show it secretly in the polls. In fact, all the sour grapes by candidates and supporters that have since appeared online only prove to those who voted white that they've indeed made the right choice. Amchio-ing, they are. Incidentally, threatening fellow Singaporeans that they will pay for this decision is akin to LKY threatening Aljunied they will have to repent. See how well that worked out?

Do I wish there are more alternative voices in Parliament? Yes. Do I think it was an unfair playing ground? Yes. But do I think this result is therefore invalid? Not at all. Again, the Singaporean electorate is pragmatic, not stupid. Don't be so bloody condescending. It would do well for the opposition to realise that the best way to win votes is simply to WORK for them. The MIW figured this out the last GE. That's why they're back.

Cufflinks

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Well, I guess it's easy to be "doing things" when you have all the country's resources especially money at your disposal. hahaha.................

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well, I guess it's easy to be "doing things" when you have all the country's resources especially money at your disposal. hahaha.................

ap79DZJ.jpg

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I think what really sealed it for PAP was that Opposition contested in ALL wards. Including those that PAP will pao chiak like AMK, TP, Jurong GRC.

This frightened the shit out of most middle ground voters who still wants PAP to be Government, but wants an opposing voice in Parliament.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think what really sealed it for PAP was that Opposition contested in ALL wards. Including those that PAP will pao chiak like AMK, TP, Jurong GRC.

This frightened the shit out of most middle ground voters who still wants PAP to be Government, but wants an opposing voice in Parliament.

that is a bullshit reason because everyone knows the PAP will win more than enough seats to form a comfortable majority in parliament. the freak election will never happen. if they love LKY and PAP, be proud of it and just say so lah. don't need to pretend to be rational middle ground, give stupid reasons and insult the people's intelligence.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do I wish there are more alternative voices in Parliament? Yes. Do I think it was an unfair playing ground? Yes. But do I think this result is therefore invalid? Not at all. Again, the Singaporean electorate is pragmatic, not stupid. Don't be so bloody condescending. It would do well for the opposition to realise that the best way to win votes is simply to WORK for them. The MIW figured this out the last GE. That's why they're back.

=> Typical "middle ground" SG who will sway to the direction from which the carrots are thrown without asking deeper questions: Who created the problems? Who forced the FAP to act? Could the Oppos have done more given the not only unfair, but bullying and abusive tactics that the FAP have adopted against the Oppos? Are the FAP willing to adopt measures that attack the root cause of the problem e.g. no SG first law, min. wage, etc or just putting up a show to pacify SGs? Could FAP's disastrous policies been avoided had there been a more Oppos to force a proper debate of their policies? In a competitive market place, she can walk way from a merchant and go to another if the former's service is bad. Because the FAP has been allowed to monopolize the political arena and SGs still endorse their dominance and predatory ways instead of fighting for more space for alternatives to grow and develop, SGs are but - sorry to say this - digging their own graves. SGs will not even live to repent; they will be driven to extinction by the FAP. Good luck!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
that is a bullshit reason because everyone knows the PAP will win more than enough seats to form a comfortable majority in parliament. the freak election will never happen. if they love LKY and PAP, be proud of it and just say so lah. don't need to pretend to be rational middle ground, give stupid reasons and insult the people's intelligence.

SGs deserve the govt they voted for. Since SGs are kiasu and kiasee sheep, they deserve a wolf government to makan them.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Sorry hor. PAP hardcore supporters only 30 plus percent (those voted for TT), so final number still depends on swing voters.

If all swing voters think is bull shit, then all vote against PAP. Then PAP.still be Government?

Beside they were lots if talk of a freak elections and some even suggest a coup if PAP loses.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am a classic middle-ground voter. I am not a die-hard supporter of any party - I support the one with the most rational and convincing plans. In the past, I've voted both for white and for opposition. BLAH

Lazy Singaporean needs to be out of a job

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

=> Typical "middle ground" SG who will sway to the direction from which the carrots are thrown without asking deeper questions: Who created the problems? Who forced the FAP to act? Could the Oppos have done more given the not only unfair, but bullying and abusive tactics that the FAP have adopted against the Oppos? Are the FAP willing to adopt measures that attack the root cause of the problem e.g. no SG first law, min. wage, etc or just putting up a show to pacify SGs? Could FAP's disastrous policies been avoided had there been a more Oppos to force a proper debate of their policies? In a competitive market place, she can walk way from a merchant and go to another if the former's service is bad. Because the FAP has been allowed to monopolize the political arena and SGs still endorse their dominance and predatory ways instead of fighting for more space for alternatives to grow and develop, SGs are but - sorry to say this - digging their own graves. SGs will not even live to repent; they will be driven to extinction by the FAP. Good luck!

We need good opposition.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal

So your this post confirms...

THE SINKIE DESERVE THE GOV THEY VOTED FOR

So from now on, I don't want to see you posting to stir shit or to complain.

If nto, it shows what a HY0OCRITE you have been all this while! LoLOL

alantan27

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another reason I not sure whether forumer here agree or not is the free advertisement given by LTK
As an opposition leader, he given saying government doing a good job and WP is not ready, dont expect too much from WP etc
In fact when WP won the PE by election 3 yrs ago, i spot him a worried face

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Which goes to show how uninformed and gullible the electorate is. Anyone with some basic info will know that there is no way PAP will lose the govt.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Another reason I not sure whether forumer here agree or not is the free advertisement given by LTK
As an opposition leader, he given saying government doing a good job and WP is not ready, dont expect too much from WP etc
In fact when WP won the PE by election 3 yrs ago, i spot him a worried face

Why are you spamming all the threads with the same post??

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
We need good opposition.

WP worked hard to present a slate of good candidates but the electorate failed to appreciate it. For me, the opposition parties have done their part (not to say they cannot improve). If the electorate cannot reciprocate with votes, then WP should lie low for next election. The electorate need to be taught a lesson.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sorry hor. PAP hardcore supporters only 30 plus percent (those voted for TT), so final number still depends on swing voters.

If all swing voters think is bull shit, then all vote against PAP. Then PAP.still be Government?

Beside they were lots if talk of a freak elections and some even suggest a coup if PAP loses.

those freak election and coup were talk cock only. I find many PAP voters not honest about why they voted for PAP. there is a very large group who claimed middle-ground but are clearly more inclined towards the PAP than the Opposition. that's why the Opposition can never get more than 40% votes for decades.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We need good opposition.

Look at the slate of Opposition candidates put up by the WP and SDP. They have stronger credentials than the FAP's. Unfortunately, the FAP controls the mainstream media from and they do not receive due attention. Lagi worse, they even tried to smear them. Combined with a largely depoliticized electorate, short of going hungry, no matter how 'good' the opposition is, the electorate has been too so overfed with the FAP morphine to vote otherwise.

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Look at the slate of Opposition candidates put up by the WP and SDP. They have stronger credentials than the FAP's. Unfortunately, the FAP controls the mainstream media from and they do not receive due attention. Lagi worse, they even tried to smear them. Combined with a largely depoliticized electorate, short of going hungry, no matter how 'good' the opposition is, the electorate has been too so overfed with the FAP morphine to vote otherwise.

[video=youtube;RhlXqYiTz2Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhlXqYiTz2Q[/video]