• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WP retained Aljunied GRC!!!

Alexis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pop-Champagne.jpg

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
I rather PAP get full dictatorship, at least anything cockup we can blame the bloody dictator. Now PAP can proudly claim we are still a demoncracy!

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wake up call for the opposition. They treated this election as if PAP sure lose.
They themselves were very arrogant.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
WP still has 6 seats, just like after GE 2011. Yes a smaller majority, but a win is a win.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WP still has 6 seats, just like after GE 2011. Yes a smaller majority, but a win is a win.

Your child exam results 51 marks out of 100. You tell your child, it's good enough, a pass is still a pass?
Previously your child got better grades and passed 3 subjects but now failed 1 and just barely scrape through another.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your child exam results 51 marks out of 100. You tell your child, it's good enough, a pass is still a pass?
Previously your child got better grades and passed 3 subjects but now failed 1 and just barely scrape through another.

When it comes to Opposition, low standards are the norm.

Low Thia Khiang thinks that he is not in the wrong because he is not in jail! Lanjiao for him to gam!

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Imo, it is not the seats retained that matters. It is the % garnered by their respective teams. Look at their EC team and results. Looks like voters preferred a clown and thief. Looking ahead, WP cannot rely on status quo anymore. Imo, they moved 10 steps back with this result.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this morning, i was relieved that aljunied didn't fall into wrong hands.
I went to sleep way before results for Aljunied was announced. Did not matter anymore whether WP retained their seats there. Massive defeat for the opposition. Look at the more credible ones and their results - Jeanette, Lina, EC, MP etc.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Actually it happened to me! When I was in NUS, I just scrapped through with a D (passing grade). A pass is a pass and I graduated!

Similarly, yes WP only won marginally but they get to be MP for the next 5 years and hope that they can repair the damage done.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I went to sleep way before results for Aljunied was announced. Did not matter anymore whether WP retained their seats there. Massive defeat for the opposition. Look at the more credible ones and their results - Jeanette, Lina, EC, MP etc.

I can't believe the percentage swing for people like Lina, and Jeanette, 2011 vs. now

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WP won by just 2500 votes in Aljunied. I wonder if LTK knew about the massive vote swing towards the PAP, that's why his entire team stayed to defend Aljunied.

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WP won by just 2500 votes in Aljunied. I wonder if LTK knew about the massive vote swing towards the PAP, that's why his entire team stayed to defend Aljunied.

LTK is the most experience OPPO and I think he knew (when walking the ground) that many new citizens has been spread across several of the GRCs.
He knew what MIW is trying to gain with gerrymandering but he has limited time and resources to build up the relationship with the new citizens.
The MIW already knew where all these new citizens are staying and the boundaries of the election constituency, hence they already started planning
and walk the ground many months back but they only released to the OPPO 2 months before the actual election and only give them less than 1 month
to prepare themselves. This is not a level playing field for the OPPO and the MIW used it to their own advantage.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now is the time to jail Low Thia Khiang the Teochew Gangster.

He was v arrogant. Said he didn't go to jail so means not wrong! Gar Gar Kong lanjiao Wei!