• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Pinoy Talent Played Out By Fellow Pinoy HR!! Complaint to MOM!!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Dear editor,

singapore-jobs-pinoy-seeking-employment-complain-mom_1.jpg

This Pinoy failed the standards of AcePLP's trainers drawing exam after the result was released from his first interview, refuses to undergo another exam and be assessed again. Later, learned that he is not officially employed by AcePLP yet, demanded the company to submit his S-Pass application to MOM immediately, but was dismissed immediately by the company. He now wants to file a complaint to MOM for "Wrongful detention of employee".

See his post on PinoySg forum:

Please read this email I sent their HR Department yesterday July 30.
This resulted in my immediate dismissal from their company ACEPLP.
I would like to ask for any advice on what I should do.
Should I file a complaint to MOM as "Wrongful detention of employee"?
Thank you!

PS: If you know any company looking for Quantity Surveyor with 3 years experience.
Please comment their email below so I can apply since I am jobless right now because of ACEPLP

PS: I was hired by Marianne Mirambel (HR Executive of ACEPLP), who lacked any general concern for her fellow Filipina whom she hired in the first place. She did not bat an eyelash nor apologized when her managers told me to just leave.

Dear Marianne,

First of all, I was looking forward to pursuing a career path through your company ACEPlp.
Having been accepted on my first interview last June 3, I was thrilled by the possibility of becoming a BIM Manager someday.
I was told that my drawing exam was acceptable along with the other tests and written essays.
I immediately signed my Traineeship Agreement on June 10.
I browsed through MAD CAD, ACEPlp's Facebook page and CadPro website in anticipation.

My S-Pass was accepted by MOM on June 23.
On your request, I passed my resignation letter to my previous employer GS Engineering last June 24.
My last day at GS Engineering was July 25.
And finally, my first day of work at ACEPlp was yesterday, July 28.

My understanding of the Traineeship Agreement is that, as the title implies, I will be trained for the first few months and be sent to the client afterwards.
Unfortunately, I was disappointed when you notified me today, July 29, that my drawing exam during my first interview has failed the standards of ACEPlp's trainers.
To my horror, I learned from you that I am not officially employed by ACEPlp yet.
My pass is on-hold until I undergo another drawing exam and, should I fail, my pass application will be cancelled.
Should I have known that there was a risk that my pass can be cancelled at such short notice, I would never have taken up your offer of employment.

To make things worse, you have told me that I might not be paid during my "practice/training period" which you answered 1 or 2 weeks.
These possibly unpaid 2 weeks will financially cripple me since I am the breadwinner of the family.
I could end up jobless and this could lead to me leaving Singapore very soon.

I would like to sincerely request that my pass be submitted to MOM immediately, preferrably tomorrow July 30.
I refuse to undergo another exam and be assessed again. These terms were not discussed prior to my contract signing.
I will be consulting with a representative from MOM regarding my pass application and other issues stated in this email.

I reserve the right to be given full explanation and due action regarding these issues.
Thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely,
France

Source:
http://www.pinoysg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=85715

http://www.allsingaporestuff.com/article/pinoys-know-how-exploit-mom-system-these-days

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy's English is horrendous. He should absolutely file a "wrongful detention of employee" complaint to MOM.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy's English is horrendous. He should absolutely file a "wrongful detention of employee" complaint to MOM.

I thought Pinoy used to pride themselves on their "high standard" of English ?

And why is the HR a Pinoy ?

Last edited:

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I thought Pinoy used to pride themselves on their "high standard" of English ?

And why is the HR a Pinoy ?

Good question. I always thought HR should always be a Singaporean because this concerns Singapore labour law

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good question. I always thought HR should always be a Singaporean because this concerns Singapore labour law

Then what would happen to the foreigners who are highly qualified HR PMETs?

Remember, Lee Hsien Loong has a responsibility to get the foreign worker balance right for Singaporeans. :wink:

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal

It's because the Pinoys are familiar with MOM rules and regulations, especially the loopholes involved in the different passes.

When an employer appoints a Pinoy as HR manager, it means the company is going all out to recruit Pinoys because the employer wants to Pinoy HR manager to use her Pinoy connections, probably via some Sunday gatherings at Lucky Plaza or Novena Church, to get more Pinoys. The recruitment process can happen very quickly in such places.

If MOM is really serious about employing Singaporeans first, they must first pass a law that the HR of any company must always be headed by a Singapore citizen.