• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What does it takes to live in/retire in Australia or NZ......

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
You may have missed the most important factor, our neighbors. We can have the best infrastructure but if our neighbours are screwed i.e. Unstable with terrorists, no investor will come because security is no longer guaranteed. OZ has no neighbours. The greatest plus point.

that's why saf is always first to offer aid when there is crisis in our neighbouring countries, we are like what people say, a friend in need is a friend indeed.:p

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
that's why saf is always first to offer aid when there is crisis in our neighbouring countries, we are like what people say, a friend in need is a friend indeed.:p
Giving aids would not overcome the problem with nasty or unreasonable neighbours.

During the 97 Asian financial crisis, our neighbour came asking for help but we turned him down. We do not know the exact reasons for not helping but the repercussion is great, like wanting to build a crook bridge. However, helping may also not be a solution as I have personal experience of so called neighbours coming back for more helps after helping him the first time.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
If not for being a laundry and tax evasion hub, surely financial institutions rather set up bases elsewhere.

Singapore currently provides better banking secrecy than Switzerland which has been pried open by threats from the USA. However, it is only a matter of time before global pressure will force Sinkieland to tow the line. The money will then move on to some other renegade state.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You probably need at least $1.5M. Buy a decent house and car.
You also need to assimilate. Dont keep comparing with S'pore. Being financially and mentally prepared will ensure happiness till time to say till we meet again.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You probably need at least $1.5M. Buy a decent house and car.
You also need to assimilate. Dont keep comparing with S'pore. Being financially and mentally prepared will ensure happiness till time to say till we meet again.

1.5m hahhaah,like one tony chat say all u need is balls,political will and backbone.
i met two pinoys when i was in australia playing poker,they told me they used to live and work in Singapore for 7 years,working in sales at takashimaya and staying at toa payoh in rented hdb..now they are living the dream making $20++ AUD an hour as a dealer in australia.while fucking singapore pmets are driving taxis in SG earning less than these slumland pinoys.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Would it be better to rent or buy a house/apartment?
While still prefer city living, and drive/cycle out to countryside where possible.

Always better to buy in order to enjoy the capital gains over the long term.

If you rent all you're doing is paying for someone else's mortgage.

Suburban living is better than city living.

GramStroker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Always better to buy in order to enjoy the capital gains over the long term.

If you rent all you're doing is paying for someone else's mortgage.

Suburban living is better than city living.

With a budget of about 400k which suburban area would you recommend? Previously I was looking at Albany.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
want to migrate must do when young so u have decades and plenty of time to adapt and assimilate to life overseas in foreign lands and locals.be a man of international mystery.
one sinkie i met in australia awoled from ns there when he was 20,and stayed there all his life,his over 50 now.

if ur 50,never been out of sinkieland all ur life,old and shriveled,better migrate to someplace like penang or thailand or vietnam and look for some me love you long time,suky suky 5 dorrar,u too old to find a job,never fit in the culture so might as well fuck some hookers and drink your henessey.

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
want to migrate must do when young so u have decades and plenty of time to adapt and assimilate to life overseas in foreign lands and locals.be a man of international mystery.
one sinkie i met in australia awoled from ns there when he was 20,and stayed there all his life,his over 50 now.

if ur 50,never been out of sinkieland all ur life,old and shriveled,better migrate to someplace like penang or thailand or vietnam and look for some me love you long time,suky suky 5 dorrar,u too old to find a job,never fit in the culture so might as well fuck some hookers and drink your henessey.

i heard from a friend that there is age discrimination for job seekers in down under too, but it is not as rampant as sinkieland.

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore has no natural resources and is entirely dependent upon people to make things work.

Now that the PAP A team are all dead, chances of Singapore remaining prosperous are marginal at best. The deterioration is already blatantly obvious. Growth has been driven by importing people but the laws of physics make it obvious that there is only so much that can be packed into a small island. When the population stagnates, the economy will grind to a halt.

Once the bottom falls out, that's pretty much the end of the story.

The SINGAPORE ECONOMY is based on foreign population growth, not LOCAL births. They could all uproot and disappear almost overnight. The NS conscript defence force is merely an exercise in SELF DELUSION, it is totally irrelevant if not unreliable as a defence deterrent.

The unspeakable truth is that no matter how well prepared or well equipped the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) are, Singapore is probably indefensible because the real threat is unlikely to be a military one. Singapore has been built on confidence. Unpalatable as it might sound, the first hint of trouble (a few bombs in the financial district?) is likely to trigger a massive flight of both capital and people. In a globalised world, neither is tethered to permanent pegs. Capital flight will hit the financial sector and human flight, the property market. It doesn't take much imagination to see that the economy, built on a bedrock of property based lending, could buckle under such circumstances.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
It doesn't take much imagination to see that the economy, built on a bedrock of property based lending, could buckle under such circumstances.

A "bedrock" of property based lending is actually a house of cards.

When Singapore falls, it will be swift and very destructive and I don't think we have to wait too much longer.

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal