• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

do you have problems working with muslims?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I find the minahs harder working than the mats. The middle-aged ones who are mothers tend to be more responsible compared to the teenagers and those in their early 20s.

I think selection process during interviews is crucial in picking out the good ones.

Generally, Malays are easy to get along with. It's the Muslim in them that gives problems, esp. if they become more religious with age.

That goes without saying middle aged ones more responsible. You see then it's well a problem since most malays are muslim.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ah but how do you know who is the lazy or the hard working one?

Ok maybe not calculative but i think on average well it's not that easy to find a hardworking malay.

I have Malay neighbours when I was young, not the 'garden variety' type, they had the newest TV on the street, Color with remote control, back then, you have a Setron, or Sharp or the Telfunken TV, with casing, you are something already; plus the fact the dad, always changing their cars etc. Anyway, they are very nice people, gets invited to their homes to makan, usually at the end of Ramadan & very helpful too, with only one exception, I have mentioned before, when ask, why they never served NS.."bumiputras". ( this is in Singapore). Other than the helpful, nice traits, their easy going, relax attitude is part of their DNA...short of saying "lazy". They never imposed their religion on the neighbours & vice versa...it was a harmonious relationship on this.

At work, I have those of the 'garden variety' type, will find ways to slide out of doing more than they are told or paid to do, & have many tea breaks, smoke breaks, mostly not on time, certain kind of "occasions" bet on it, on MC...some football important matches etc...the "relax" attitude prevails. Then, the 'living with the Joneses", mentality, I have clerical staff, who, you know, who salary is not that much, coming to work, looking suave, with expensive watches & Salamander Shoes for example...you thought that person was the BOSS... After pay day, they live on CREDIT, drive a car or even have an expensive motor cycles that will pop your eyes..their DNA!.

Then, we have the educated ones, with a degree, holding positions & salaries that is above average, will borrow cigarets from those around them, not that, they can't afford that Rothman's Of Pall Mall or that Benson Hedges Gold...work wise, can work, like I have said, with do only what is given, no more no less..."relax brother"...

On Friday, have the privilege to go & pray, so 1 hour extended lunch, come back, "extended" one hour of decommissioning from prayer. then work, then 1/2 hour tea break/smoke break, work 1 hr...then balek rumah, it is their DNA?

Anyway, many do not bring their religious differences into the office, despite the fact that, many really do not have the common courtesy to say or do things that is offensive to these people. People who does this, more often, I observed after many years of working experience, are "naturalised" Malaysian Chinese.

I have a Malay colleague who shared with me Islam, which was good, I leant a lot about, what they practice & I shared with him mine; he even gave me a book on Islam. Was not trying to convert me...but sharing for peace in the world. Anyway, this person, Friday outing was to take his sarong & songkok & wear over his long sleeve shirt, tie & long pants...find a "corner to sleep"... ha ha ha that is the way abang....is this in their DNA?

Relax, Peace, do less work Brother!...its in their DNA ha ha ha

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malay people got no problem with Indians, Europeans, Chinese coming to their homeland in their millions. So why should there be a problem of others working with a Malay?

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
you people are talking about muslim mat, Chinese and indian but when comes to angmohs nothing to say expecet angmohs are the best.

Let me tell you angmoh are the owrst - criminals, barbaric, selish and only care their own white shitskins.

Do you know that:

1. Angmoh were drug dealers targeting Chinese China, SEA Singapore and Borneo Chinese for drug money.

2. Prostitution pimps in SEA Singapore and countries where they colonized. I am talking about the fucking British where they form their British Empire.

3. Slavery trade dealers. Where they made African nations (where they colonized like Congo, S Africa and you named it).

A. Why Singapore has legalized prostitution trade? Becos you angmoh British governor want Chinese to be poor through drug with them with opium and when they are poor their women can be prostitute and angmoh make money from your wives and daughters.

B. Though no slavery trade in China becos they dare not touch Chinese becos Chinese are warlords and China will kill them if they touched the Chinese for slavery trade. China has had eradicated slavery trade back to Qinshih wang Emperor many BC years ago.

Today, the bastard whites are very quiet of themselves and make themselves important to you and make you think highly of them just hope these idiots don't bring up their wicked past against Chinese and Africans.

Let bring up more of the angmoh evil past. We Chinese must stand up to the angmohs why make African and Chinese poor nations in the 1800-1950 (WW2) period.

Have you heard or seen angmoh British women were/ are prostitute trades back in 1800 -1950 period?

If you know why I tell you don't know why?

With 2000% opium trade profit from the Chinese, do they need their own white wives/ daughters/ women to be prostitutes?

I find Malays easier to work with. Easy-going, no wiles, more obliging. Straight as an arrow. The women tend to be harder working than the men. Generally honest with money though there are black sheep.

Chinese are more calculative (about pay and working hours), more shrewd and cunning, less willing to help out with overtime unless paid well. The women are prone to petty squabbles among themselves. Trustworthy with money unless gambler.

As for Indians, some are smiling tigers: nice in front of you but backstab you. Those from problematic families may also be likely to be dishonest with money (they don't have community/extended family support unlike the Malays).

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Serious. Malays are not very calculative, more willing to give and take. Some guys can be lazy though, but the hardworking ones are all right.

Problems is that hardworking type are few and far between. The forwarder company on the ground floor of my office block used to have 6-7 Malays. Over the years only one left, this Malay uncle is quiet type, don't even mix with his fellow Malays. He only want Chinese colleague to partner him while he drive the 16ft truck around the island.

Some are too lazy liao, see fellow Malay friend struggle to unload barang from van can still stand beside give moral support only. I see already also tulan considering the stand around choborlan arseholes always ask free ciggies from the driver.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Serious. Malays are not very calculative, more willing to give and take. Some guys can be lazy though, but the hardworking ones are all right.

I have Malay neighbours when I was young, not the 'garden variety' type, they had the newest TV on the street, Color with remote control, back then, you have a Setron, or Sharp or the Telfunken TV, with casing, you are something already; plus the fact the dad, always changing their cars etc. Anyway, they are very nice people, gets invited to their homes to makan, usually at the end of Ramadan & very helpful too, with only one exception, I have mentioned before, when ask, why they never served NS.."bumiputras". ( this is in Singapore). Other than the helpful, nice traits, their easy going, relax attitude is part of their DNA...short of saying "lazy". They never imposed their religion on the neighbours & vice versa...it was a harmonious relationship on this.

At work, I have those of the 'garden variety' type, will find ways to slide out of doing more than they are told or paid to do, & have many tea breaks, smoke breaks, mostly not on time, certain kind of "occasions" bet on it, on MC...some football important matches etc...the "relax" attitude prevails. Then, the 'living with the Joneses", mentality, I have clerical staff, who, you know, who salary is not that much, coming to work, looking suave, with expensive watches & Salamander Shoes for example...you thought that person was the BOSS... After pay day, they live on CREDIT, drive a car or even have an expensive motor cycles that will pop your eyes..their DNA!.

Then, we have the educated ones, with a degree, holding positions & salaries that is above average, will borrow cigarets from those around them, not that, they can't afford that Rothman's Of Pall Mall or that Benson Hedges Gold...work wise, can work, like I have said, with do only what is given, no more no less..."relax brother"...

On Friday, have the privilege to go & pray, so 1 hour extended lunch, come back, "extended" one hour of decommissioning from prayer. then work, then 1/2 hour tea break/smoke break, work 1 hr...then balek rumah, it is their DNA?

Anyway, many do not bring their religious differences into the office, despite the fact that, many really do not have the common courtesy to say or do things that is offensive to these people. People who does this, more often, I observed after many years of working experience, are "naturalised" Malaysian Chinese.

I have a Malay colleague who shared with me Islam, which was good, I leant a lot about, what they practice & I shared with him mine; he even gave me a book on Islam. Was not trying to convert me...but sharing for peace in the world. Anyway, this person, Friday outing was to take his sarong & songkok & wear over his long sleeve shirt, tie & long pants...find a "corner to sleep"... ha ha ha that is the way abang....is this in their DNA?

Relax, Peace, do less work Brother!...its in their DNA ha ha ha

Hi thanks for your input guys but there is something that i have noticed. How come you don't have any malays here writing saying oh chinese very hardworking can rely on etc but no matter how fucked up their m&d kind are they always will defend them. I assume both you and halesy are chinese and both of you are willing to say your own race is more cunning and malays easier to get along with. In short praise malays over your race. In contrast you don't see syed putra or whoami ever saying a good word about chinese especially syed he will twist and turn to make up bs to put down chinese. I read a few accounts here of malays preferring chinese over their own kind but i swear i have never ever read a malay write in your fashion that is putting chinese in a good spot light in whatever situation. Seriously think about it from this angle. You will read chinese writing how malays are easier to get along with or less calculative fine. BUT have you ever read about a malay writing the same thing about chinese? Doesn't have to be calculative just something positive over his fellow malays. I doubt it. If you find such a posting on facebook, this forum or another forum please show it to me.

I think at the end of the day one has to look at the bigger picture of things. Not saying hey don't totally cut off from malays but try not to get too close to them especially if you're not muslim or a malay yourself. A chinese is better off being with other chinese. A forummer's wise father told him and he went on to tell me that malays can smile at you and be nice to you but if the time comes say race riots for example they can easily kill you like it's nothing and it does make sense. I notice it's easier for them to smile and be friendly compared to chinese but it's really nothing. Many evil men and murderers can smile and be jovial for example. They are not 24/7 angry and mean looking at everyone.

Lots of chinese possibly due to how should i put it less outgoing i suppose tend not to smile that much and then other chinese see other races smile at them think wow they're cool to be with forgetting that it's just in their nature to smile and be jovial but that doesn't mean they are truly nice. I also notice chinese and this is very true for chinese always having a romantic impression of other races like willing to overlook all their flaws and think the best of them or they have one or a few friends of that race and think every single one of them are nice. Honestly trust me on this lots of chinese have this type of naive thinking. Then they always think the worst of their own kind. For example a chinese person can meet nice and mean chinese people. Rude and polite, generous and stingy chinese. Yet it's the opposite when they judge their own race. Like they will somehow only remember the bad and nasty chinese but forget the nice ones. Take the stereotype of say a chinese that loves money so is stingy. Well there are many generous chinese around but somehow this chinese doesn't even notice them and only notices the stingy ones, in contrast he will only see the nice malays or nice people of other races. Are there nasty malays that are not friendly? Of course fuck of course there are no shit. Yet some chinese will totally overlook that and only notice the nice malays.

In short one should always look at the bigger picture of things. Become more racially aware. It's kind of sad that so many chinese still have this romantic notion of things while other races are more racially aware.

Problems is that hardworking type are few and far between. The forwarder company on the ground floor of my office block used to have 6-7 Malays. Over the years only one left, this Malay uncle is quiet type, don't even mix with his fellow Malays. He only want Chinese colleague to partner him while he drive the 16ft truck around the island.

Some are too lazy liao, see fellow Malay friend struggle to unload barang from van can still stand beside give moral support only. I see already also tulan considering the stand around choborlan arseholes always ask free ciggies from the driver.

There you have it. I don't know why people always try their darn best to overlook the faults of other races or rather chinese always do that but always judge their own race the worst. Like you so aptly put it. There are so few hardworking malays around like looking for a needle in a haystack. Are all malays lazy? Of course not. Most malays are lazy though so it's really time consuming to find the hardworking one. Like panning for gold. Sieving through all that dirt just to find the few specks of gold. A lot of hardwork with very little reward.

In contrast they like to judge their own race the worst. Are all chinese calculative? Of course not. So are the majority of chinese calculative? This one cannot confirm. Seriously shit skins are more likely to be calculative there are many chinese who have the chin chai tidak apa type of attitude and are easy going yet somehow they are just going to be stereotyped as calculative. Doesn't seem right.

JOKERCHEW

Alfrescian
Loyal
I find the minahs harder working than the mats. The middle-aged ones who are mothers tend to be more responsible compared to the teenagers and those in their early 20s.

I think selection process during interviews is crucial in picking out the good ones.

Generally, Malays are easy to get along with. It's the Muslim in them that gives problems, esp. if they become more religious with age.

Middle aged ones usually divorsees with children.

so, they have to endure and tolerate the work to support her children.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think ppl who claim chinese are calculative are ppl who work in mnc type companies. Most small sme has less than 10 staff, so most have multi roles in their company. When colleague take leave, other must step up to cover, something never see at mnc. The term 一腳踢 (Cantonese) was invented for a reason.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Middle aged ones usually divorsees with children.

so, they have to endure and tolerate the work to support her children.

One more thing I forgot to mention, many have dysfunctional family, the lower educated ones, the more dysfunctional...can't understand this, it is their DNA....marry very young, in their teens, have children , marry again have children & then again...bringing children from different marriages into marriage...so they family mix are filled with divorcees, with grandchildren of different fathers...& have many children as well....even the main man...at 70 have a new young wife & have children under 5...while the oldest is already in the 50's & the youngest grand child is 18 months..

It is in their DNA.

Najibee

Alfrescian
Loyal
One more thing I forgot to mention, many have dysfunctional family, the lower educated ones, the more dysfunctional...can't understand this, it is their DNA....marry very young, in their teens, have children , marry again have children & then again...bringing children from different marriages into marriage...so they family mix are filled with divorcees, with grandchildren of different fathers...& have many children as well....even the main man...at 70 have a new young wife & have children under 5...while the oldest is already in the 50's & the youngest grand child is 18 months..

It is in their DNA.

yes abang. my colleague is one of them. just married for 2 years and with 2 kids. then divorce and married a young one.

Najibee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have Malay neighbours when I was young, not the 'garden variety' type, they had the newest TV on the street, Color with remote control, back then, you have a Setron, or Sharp or the Telfunken TV, with casing, you are something already; plus the fact the dad, always changing their cars etc.

Once racial tension arised well you are the first one they will slaughter. :o our neighboring cuntry is heading that way now.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Not all Malay are lazy but there are enough to make people take notice and stereotype them as such.

Malay is not the problem but I think Islam is.

The creator of the religion knows its limitation and himself lacks confidence that it can be sustained. That is why it punish followers death for leaving the religion and strongly forbids anyone from reading text of other religion. If it is the TRUTH, one will encourage it followers to read other texts so that they will know and understand how beautiful their own religion is.

As Malay gets more religious, the more difficult it would be for others to get along with them.