• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United 2015-2016

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CL outing tomorrow morning, how? :p

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP B

• Venue: Arena Khimki
  • Date: Wednesday, 21 October
  • Kick-off: 19:45 BST

Ashley Young will miss Manchester United's Champions League match at CSKA Moscow on Wednesday because of a calf injury. The winger did not play in Saturday's 3-0 win over Everton and has not travelled to Russia.

United host Manchester City in the Premier League on Sunday, but manager Louis van Gaal
has suggested he will not rest any players against CSKA.

Van Gaal's side are second in Group B on three points. Left-back Luke Shaw (leg), defender Paddy McNair (liver) and striker James Wilson (illness) have stayed in Manchester.
Goalkeeper Sergio Romero and winger Antonio Valencia, who missed the Everton game following their return from international duty, have travelled with the squad.

Rooney raring to go?
Wayne Rooney scored his first Premier League away goal in 11 months at Everton.

The forward netted a hat-trick in the 4-0 win over Club Brugge in the Champions League qualifying play-off tie in August, but is still waiting for his first group-stage goal.

Rooney was on the losing side against Russia in Moscow in 2007 with England, but a year later won the Champions League in the city when United beat Chelsea on penalties.

"I've had mixed emotions in Moscow. I lost here with England and had possibly the greatest moment in my club career," he said.
"That was a special night for Manchester United, a night which myself and the fans will never forget.
"Having had a taste of winning this trophy, it gives you desire and a determination to try and do it again."

Michael Carrick is the only other remaining United player who featured in the 2008 final.
Rooney added: "It's a different group of players, so hopefully myself and Michael Carrick can help, especially the younger players, and give them the experience we gained."

How the group is shaping up
United head into the game looking for their first away win in this season's tournament.
They lost 2-1 at PSV Eindhoven in their opening group game before beating Wolfsburg 2-1 at Old Trafford. That result moved Van Gaal's side into second place, but all four teams are level on three points.

CSKA strong at home
CSKA are unbeaten in the Russian Premier League this season and sit five points clear at the top of the table.
Beaten by Wolfsburg in their opening Champions League group game, they then overcame PSV 3-2 at home.
Ivory Coast striker Seydou Doumbia will be CSKA's main threat, having scored seven goals in his past seven matches.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: I only worked with 4 world class players - Sir Alex Ferguson

CSKA Moscow 1-1 Manchester United: 30-second verdict

Man Utd go behind against CSKA Moscow but Anthony Martial's goal in the second half ensures the Reds return home with a point.
Analysis
Manchester United were awful in the first half but much better after half-time. That might have been because Louis van Gaal switched to a more balanced 4-3-3 formation or because CSKA Moscow tired quickly - or a bit of both. Either way, United finished the game strongly after a first half during which they created nothing and looked vulnerable on the break, and Louis van Gaal got the point he said he'd settle for.

Key moment
United's equaliser - United looked like they were wading through treacle trying to attack CSKA in the first half. But after half-time Ander Herrera and Antonio Valencia carved them open down the right to create the chance for Anthony Martial to score his fifth goal since his move from Monaco. His movement in the penalty area was good but his finish, a diving header that went in of the inside of the post, was even better.

Good day
Jesse Lingard - It might have only been his second competitive start for United but he didn't look out of place. He was as bright as anybody in the first half, attacking down the right and giving Antonio Valencia plenty of protection. He'll be back on the bench against Manchester City on Sunday but he made a good impression.

Bad day
Marcos Rojo - Van Gaal was full of praise for Marcos Rojo in the pre-match conference saying the Argentinian could become 'a very good player for Manchester United'. But CSKA got a lot of joy down United's left until Rojo has hooked after 63 minutes. It was telling that, at the time, United needed a goal and Van Gaal still decided to use his second substitution to make a like-for-like change at left-back.

Bigger picture
Van Gaal said before the game he would be happy with a point and that's what he got. He'll know that 10 points should get United through meaning that if they can beat CSKA and PSV Eindhoven at Old Trafford - which they should - they'll have all but booked their place in the knock-out rounds.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

_86264475_manchester_united.jpg

Kane, Rooney and Schweinsteiger - Man Utd gossip

Bein Sports via Telegraph: United manager Louis van Gaal is "insisting" a deal for Tottenham striker Harry Kane, 22, is finalised next summer.

Evening Standard: Former Manchester United players Paul Scholes and Rio Ferdinand - in their roles as BT Sport pundits - both criticised the 1-1 draw at CSKA Moscow on Wednesday. Scholes expected more creativity, while Ferdinand thought it was a "pedestrian" performance.

Team Talk: Wayne Rooney was United's joint worst player, along with Marcos Rojo and Bastian Schweinsteiger, according to an average taken from national publications' player ratings.

Talksport: Former captain Steve Bruce thinks current skipper Wayne Rooney is far from finished, claiming "I still think there is a load in the tank".

Daily Mail: United's German midfielder Schweinsteiger has launched legal proceedings against a toymaker marketing World War II Nazi soldier dolls named after him and looking like him.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Big derby at OT tomorrow, how?
imagejpeg

TEAM NEWS

Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has no fresh injury concerns ahead of Sunday's derby.
Ashley Young is not ready to return from a calf problem and joins Paddy McNair and Luke Shaw on the sidelines.
Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini would not confirm whether Vincent Kompany will be recalled for his first club start in six weeks.
City remain without injured quintet David Silva, Sergio Aguero, Gael Clichy, Samir Nasri and Fabian Delph.

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES

Guy Mowbray: "Things sure ain't what they used to be.
"For worse - look at the likely line-ups. Not a local lad to be seen.
"For better - look at the likely line-ups. This is a 'super-derby' that the whole world can engage with.
"I'm tempted to make City favourites - but with Aguero and Silva out it draws them back a bit, even with De Bruyne doing the business his fee demanded.
"I'm tempted to make United favourites - but you don't know what you'll get from them game to game.
"The match comes on the same weekend that City scored six at Old Trafford in 2011.
"I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the same number of goals this time. I would if they weren't more equally shared."
Twitter: @Guymowbray

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY

Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal: "We have one day less [than Manchester City] to prepare so it's more difficult. When you look at the facts they are first [in the league] so they are favourites, I think.
"I think for the fans it's very emotional. I live in a little village and there it is also the talk of the town. I think in Manchester it is more.
"The champion is only in May. It's a big step when we win, that's true, but you also have to continue."
Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini: "I always say that it's a match of six points because it is a match against a team that is behind you, but it is not a game that will decide the title this year.
"At this moment we are in a good moment, we are top of the league, but that doesn't mean that we are going to do a better season than the last one.
"It's important not to make the same mistakes and try to improve every game."

LAWRO'S PREDICTION

With no Sergio Aguero and no David Silva, I am not really tempted to tip Manchester City to win.
Minus his main men, I think City boss Manuel Pellegrini would take a draw if you offered it to him before kick-off.
Lawro's full predictions v singer Paul Heato

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Stats on Roon says it all last night. LVG's a stubborn bugger to still play him solo upfront. Perhaps also reason why Martial's still on left, due to leaving out Depay?

_86320234_rooney_graphoc.png

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal

Stats on Roon says it all last night. LVG's a stubborn bugger to still play him solo upfront. Perhaps also reason why Martial's still on left, due to leaving out Depay?

Just drop him and bring on the young strikers. Forget Depay,he's no better. They've been competing with 10 players most of the time.Why give the opponents an advantage?!!!!!

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just drop him and bring on the young strikers. Forget Depay,he's no better. They've been competing with 10 players most of the time.Why give the opponents an advantage?!!!!!

Just bring in another striker

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Charlie Roberts and Stanley Matthews memorabilia sold at auction

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-34640923
_86349681_pic.jpg

Image copyrightGetty Images
Image captionMemorabilia belonging to England footballers Sir Stanley Matthews (left) and Charlie

A shirt worn by a footballer who helped form the players' union has sold for £30,000 at auction.
The top was worn by Manchester United captain Charlie Roberts during the club's first FA Cup final win in 1909, when they beat Bristol City 1-0.
Another of his shirts, worn during a Players' Union match, sold for £5,000.

A cap awarded to England footballer Sir Stanley Matthews for what he described as the most violent match in his career fetched £15,000.
Then aged 19, he escaped unscathed from a 1934 match against Italy, which saw an Italian defender suffer a broken foot after a tackle, an England player get punched and others receive injuries including a broken nose, fractured arm and ankle damage.

One of his medals - won after his club Stoke City won the Division Two Championship in 1963 - failed to sell at a reserve price of £15,000. The items, sold by Graham Budd Auctioneers in London, were purchased by undisclosed buyers.

Factbox: Sir Stanley Matthews and Charlie Roberts

Sir Stanley Matthews

• Born in Hanley in Stoke-on-Trent in 1915
  • He first signed as a professional for Stoke at the age of 17 and signed for Blackpool 15 years later for a fee of £11,500
  • In 1934, the 19-year-old won his first cap for England, scoring in a 4-0 win against Wales
  • In a vintage FA Cup final in 1953 - which became known as "The Matthews Final" - his Blackpool side were losing 1-3 in the second half, only for him to create three goals for his teammates and finally win his first FA Cup medal
  • Pele said Sir Stanley was "the man who taught us the way football should be played"
Charlie Roberts

• Born in Darlington in 1883, he started his playing career at Bishop Auckland and Grimsby Town before he was signed by United in 1904 for £400 - about £44,000 at today's rate
  • He made 299 appearance for the Reds, where he scored 23 goals and helped the team win their first Football League Division titles in 1908 and 1911
  • Just before World War One, and well into his 30s, Roberts moved to Oldham Athletic where he led them to their greatest success in the league
  • He later worked as a tobacconist - the Ducrobel cigar was named after him and Manchester United team-mates Dick Duckworth and Alex Bell
  • Roberts died aged 56 in 1939

Roberts also played for England and flouted FA rules by wearing shorts above the knee.
Along with fellow United player Billy Meredith, the defender had a key role in setting up the Players' Union in 1907 in Manchester.
Tim Ashmore, of the National Football Museum, said Roberts was one of the "star players of the time" who changed the fortunes of United.
In 1961, after his death, the Professional Footballers' Association - under the leadership of Jimmy Hill - secured the scrapping of the Football League's maximum wage, leading to clubs paying players whatever they thought they were worth.
_86345132_shirtycopy.jpg
Image copyrightGraham Budd Associates
Image captionCharlie Roberts's Manchester United shirts sold for £30,000 (left) and £5,000 (right)

_86346830_stanleymatthewsmedal.jpg

Sir Stanley Matthews's medal after Stoke City won the Division Two Championship failed to sell at the auction

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
_86399405_capture.png

Paul Scholes' comments to BBC Radio Manchester on Louis van Gaal's style of football at Manchester United is on the back page of the Mirror

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not just the players, LVG should also be ashamed to collect their wages
frown.gif
mad.gif

Stubborn old dutchie coot, who refuse to adapt team formation. Martial is clearly lost on left wing. 2nd half was a shambles, escaped with some CP shots. Stats on shots at goal was telling

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not just the players, LVG should also be ashamed to collect their wages
frown.gif
mad.gif

Stubborn old dutchie coot, who refuse to adapt team formation. Martial is clearly lost on left wing. 2nd half was a shambles, escaped with some CP shots. Stats on shots at goal was telling

What LVG needs is shock therapy. Let's wait for the gate receipts to drop b4 management acts. At the current rate and level of performance,it won't be long. Hopeless!!!

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Preview for OT vs Russkies early tomorrow morning

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

• Venue: Old Trafford
  • Date: Tuesday, 3 November
  • Kick-off: 19:45 GMT
BBC Sport website and BBC Radio 5 live commentary

Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal feels Anthony Martial's long-term role will be as a striker.
The 19-year-old, who signed from Monaco for £36m in August, has scored five goals this season but has on occasion played wide left, including against Tuesday's opponents CSKA Moscow.

"He is very young but I think it is better he develops in the striker's position," said Van Gaal.
"But he can play left, striker and number 10."

Van Gaal added: "He doesn't want to play number seven [wide right] but I am convinced he can. That's another story."

The Dutch coach also repeated his confidence in striker Wayne Rooney, despite the striker scoring only two Premier League goals this season.

Van Gaal does, however, understand why the spotlight is always on the 30-year-old England captain.
He said: "It is always Wayne Rooney, but I can imagine that it is because Wayne Rooney is a fantastic player so the expectation is much higher than another player in another club.
"I have confidence in this player. He gives more than just scoring goals, he's our captain and also an example for our whole team. He has more credits than any other player."
_86461365_manchesterunitedtraining_pa.jpg
(Left to right) Manchester United's Marouane Fellaini, Wayne Rooney, Ashley Young and Michael Carrick took part in Monday's training ahead of the game with CSKA Moscow

Following three successive goalless draws in all competitions, Van Gaal
has faced criticism over United's style, with former midfielder Paul Scholes saying he would "not enjoy" playing in the current side.

The Dutchman responded again in his pre-match news conference, saying: "I have seen periods and tendencies in Manchester United like in other clubs. It was not always the big Theatre of Dreams."

Team news

Midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin missed Monday's training because of personal reasons but could still feature against CSKA, while defender Phil Jones has regained match fitness having missed Saturday's 0-0 draw against Crystal Palace.
Another summer signing Memphis Depay has been left out of Tuesday's pool, having also been omitted from the Netherlands squad to play Wales on 13 November.

The 21-year-old, who sat out Saturday's draw with an injury, trained separately from his team-mates on Monday.
"Every player needs a boost when he is out of the team and Memphis is not an exception," added Van Gaal.
"The consequence of not being in the national selection is because he is not playing that well.
"It is always the same - a player always has to perform well, otherwise there will be other players compared and the coach will make a choice."

CSKA defender Aleksei Berezutski and midfielder Roman Eremenko, who has a groin injury, are doubtful for the Russian side.
The two teams drew 1-1 in Moscow a fortnight ago, and United have failed to score since Martial's diving header in the Arena Khimki

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
MU grapevine

Alexandre Pato, Memphis Depay, Wayne Rooney - Man Utd gossip

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34704047

Manchester United may be interested in a move for former AC Milan striker Alexandre Pato, claimTalksport.
Now at Brazilian club Corinthians - but on loan at Sao Paulo - Pato said: "Next year I won't be playing at Sao Paulo, everybody knows that. I hope England or Spain."

The Daily Express report that Louis van Gaal has defended summer signing Memphis Depay, who has been dropped from the Netherlands team amid comments from coach Danny Blind about the winger's inability to function in a team.
"I have said he is the greatest talent of his age but he is only 21 and you cannot expect consistency," Van Gaal explained.

Writing in the
Daily Telegraph, Harry Redknapp suggests no one playing in the current Man United line-up would make it into a Sir Alex Ferguson team.

"Without being disrespectful, I do not think any of the current United players would get into those Ferguson teams and that should tell you everything about what Van Gaal is working with now," says Redknapp.

The Independent take an in-depth look at Wayne Rooney's form and claim that it shows "how poor" the United skipper has been this season.
"Rooney is taking fewer shots per game than at any time since the beginning of the 12-13 season and of those shots he is converting fewer chances, less than 10% in fact," says the paper.

Given his current struggles, the last thing Rooney needs - reports the
Daily Star - is a jokey tweet from Greater Manchester Police, which read: "Missing Person-Wayne Rooney last seen in the Trafford area wearing a red shirt , any sightings please inform colleagues". The tweet was later deleted.

On a happier note, the Liverpool Echo tells us that Rooney and his wife Coleen have been celebrating the sixth birthday of their son Kai and as a present bought him... cardboard cut-outs of himself. No really.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CL table now.

attachment.php

Fixtures rest Nov

attachment.php

Attachments

• table.jpg
    table.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 310
  • Fixtures.jpg
    Fixtures.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 338

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Manchester United consider January move for Newcastle striker Ayoze Perez
Exclusive: Spaniard is also attracting interest from Arsenal and Tottenham but Man Utd are said to be most keen

ayoze_perez_newcas_3495860b.jpg

Perez has been an important player for Newcastle since his move

Manchester United are interested in signing Newcastle United striker Ayoze Perez and could bid for the Spaniard in January. Perez is also being watched by the likes of Tottenham and Arsenal, but United are thought to be keenest on the 22-year-old and have been monitoring his progress since he joined Newcastle from Tenerife last year.

Manchester United are looking for ways to increase their attacking options in the mid-winter window and Perez has been watched several times this season, with positive reports returning to Old Trafford.

United are struggling to convert possession into an attacking threat under manager Louis van Gaal, which has led to criticism of the Dutchman’s style of football and is forcing them to search for strikers who would be willing to join them in January.

Perez would jump at the chance to move to Manchester and while Newcastle would be reluctant to sell in the middle of the season, they could still be persuaded if they believe the offer is too good to turn down.

Although Newcastle have previously described themselves as “hard sellers” what they mean is they do not sell cheaply.
That could frustrate van Gaal in January, but a bid would almost certainly turn the player’s head and that could weaken Newcastle’s resolve, particularly if there is an opportunity for Newcastle to make an extravagant profit.

The 22-year-old would be an intriguing option for van Gaal in a 4-2-3-1 formation, as he can play in a variety of forward positions, either out wide or through the middle.

He has been at his most effective at Newcastle playing alongside another striker or just behind one, which suggests he could thrive alongside Wayne Rooney and Anthony Martial.

Perez cost them around £1.7m, when was plucked from relative obscurity playing for a small Canary Islands club in the Spanish Second Division 16 months ago.

Although he is not rapidly quick, Perez would also inject some pace into the United frontline. He is skilful on the ball and although he has not been prolific, he has been asked to play in a poor team while adjusting to English football.
When chances have come his way, his finishing skills have been impressive. Perez has scored three times this season in a Newcastle side that has only won two league games, the most recent a fine finish at Bournemouth, in which he surprised the goalkeeper with an early shot disguised with minimum back lift.

The biggest stumbling block is Newcastle’s lowly league position and the fact they also want to strengthen their forward line in January.
Selling Perez would be a big risk to take, but that does not mean it is out of the question at this stage, as long as United are willing to pay a January premium on the fee and Newcastle can line up a replacement.
Head coach Steve McClaren is also contemplating recalling Adam Armstrong from a loan spell at Coventry City, where the 18-year-old has scored 12 goals in 14 games in League One.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/11984184/Manchester-United-consider-January-move-for-Newcastle-striker-Ayoze-Perez.html

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
_86647385_86647279.jpg

Manchester United has reported that overall quarterly revenues to 30 September went up 39.3% to £123.6m.

The record revenues were boosted by sales of its new 2015-16 Adidas replica kit, and Champions League football.
The club expects overall revenue for the year to be between £500m and £510m. No club has exceeded £500m before.
The team are fourth in the Premier League, two points behind rivals Man City, and also top their Champions League group table after four games.

The Old Trafford club had failed to qualify for Europe's premier club competition last season.

But its return to Champions League competition has seen a big leap in matchday and broadcast revenues.
In July 2014 it signed a record-breaking deal with Adidas, worth £750m over 10 seasons.

'Connect with fans'
Club executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward said the revenues demonstrated "the continued strength of our businesses".
During the quarter, the club also brought the management of its Old Trafford Megastore in-house and signed a licensing deal with South Korean footwear brand Sbenu.

Mr Woodward added: "During the quarter, we entered into an agreement with HCL to be our Digital Transformation partner, which will enable us to connect with our fans around the world in innovative ways and further strengthen and grow our commercial revenues."
Profit for the period was £5m, down 43.8% from the £8.9m figure a year previously.

That was partly caused by a loss on player trading of £7.4m, compared with a profit of £18.3m a year before, that sum being largely due to the sale of Danny Welbeck to Arsenal for £18m.

The EBITDA figure, which indicates the underlying profitability of a company, was up more than 100% to £41.6m.
The club also confirmed it had approved a quarterly cash dividend shareholders of $0.045 per share, a move which will see the six Glazer children, who own the club and about four-fifths of the club's shares, paid millions of dollars in dividends annually.

Despite their strong start to the season, there have been complaints from some fans and former players that the club's current possession football is less exciting in comparison with the more attacking sides of the past.

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Shrek off to Chelskis?

Chelsea made favourites to seal transfer of Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney

Chelsea have been made the surprising favourites to complete the transfer of Manchester United star Wayne Rooney.
The Blues are believed to be in the market for a new striker and Sky Bet are offering odds of 7/1 that Rooney could join them.

Rooney has endured a miserable season and has only netted twice in the Premier League. But that hasn’t stopped Sky Bet linking him to a host of Europe’s top clubs.

While Chelsea lead the race, Everton (10/1), Paris Saint-Germain (10/1), Arsenal (20/1) and Tottenham Hotspur (20/1) are all believed to be interested.

While Chelsea’s odds are impressive, it’s worth noting that the most likely outcome is for Rooney to stay at United at 1/5.

Rooney's club at the end of summer window

Chelsea – 7/1
Everton – 10/1
PSG – 10/1
Arsenal – 20/1
Spurs – 20/1

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2015/11/12/chels...r-uniteds-wayne-rooney-5497804/#ixzz3rKnHhttG