• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Took a walk this morning

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is my very firs time taking a morning walk around the city. I like it enjoyed it tremendously. Many fond memories came back to me from almost 50 years back when latefather will often bring me to Elizabeth Walk at that time we call it in hokkien "gor-zhang-chew-kar" literally 5-trees-leg, guess there were 5 famous trees there, also makan at satay club, guess the names of monuments there etc. Had a lot of fun and fond memories.

I should do this more often.

ya, can tell something was on your mind from the photos u took.
It is very warm to holds the hands of our loved ones when we stroll.

It was your late father who came into your mind.
Paiseh, I apologize for my wrong guess.

take care

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
ya, can tell something was on your mind from the photos u took.
It is very warm to holds the hands of our loved ones when we stroll.

It was your late father who came into your mind.
Paiseh, I apologize for my wrong guess.

take care

No worries

I can't believe Iphone6+ can produce such quality pictures :smile:

Last 3 photos I posted http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?209152-Took-a-walk-this-morning&p=2218103#post2218103 taken with iPhone 6

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Woke up early too another walk today, thsi time Chinatown area. 7am.

Wanted to go Maxwell for breakfast too bad closed for cleaning

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

In market food centre have lots of things to eat so decided to eat a little of this and that don't finish all.

Went back to Chinatown market - this stall sells only $1.50 per plate

Glutinous rice - 古早味

Chee Cheong Fan - simple and delicious especially the mixed black & white sesame seeds

Then went to have porridge too at this stall

Shiok

After that took a walk to the market at the basement and saw this

You know this is not available in Thailand and its my favourite food to cook when living in Singapore, really missed this so bought $20 of them for dinner tonight.

Its so fresh

[video=youtube;7g1E9vjcWws]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g1E9vjcWws[/video]

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You should explore the Buddhist Tooth Relic Temple. Many secret spots and hiding places, especially on the upper floors.

Too bad the area around it is all dug up for MRT line construction, all the way towards Neil Road. Whatever it takes to raise the value of the land, eh? :wink:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
You should explore the Buddhist Tooth Relic Temple. Many secret spots and hiding places, especially on the upper floors.

Too bad the area around it is all dug up for MRT line construction, all the way towards Neil Road. Whatever it takes to raise the value of the land, eh? :wink:

Sad to say the whole area had transformed so much and looking at the photos I took you 'll noticed I try to take only the original part of old chinatown that I remembered. Coming back to the Tooth Relic Temple I did not take any photo because I felt its a new kid on the block moreover I heard that the Buddha toorh being displayed is as big as a horse tooth and not human like so I thought that must be some con-jog there which is why I did not visit. Please correct me if I am wrong and I apologize for my straightforwardness.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
TS trying to sell iPhone for the bankrupt Gay-phone Inc, which stock mass dive plunged like shit.

The food is ordinary. Yet it looked nicer on the photo than in real life because of the color contrast. :smile:

ADA9B1C6-A381-4C54-A7D6-0BEA93650BE5_zpsly5crey6.jpg

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is my very firs time taking a morning walk around the city. I like it enjoyed it tremendously. Many fond memories came back to me from almost 50 years back when latefather will often bring me to Elizabeth Walk at that time we call it in hokkien "gor-zhang-chew-kar" literally 5-trees-leg, guess there were 5 famous trees there, also makan at satay club, guess the names of monuments there etc. Had a lot of fun and fond memories.

I should do this more often.

Brother [joetys],
wow, you are from a rich family.
In those days, my father could not afford to take us out to eat.
But, my brother and I had a very caring teacher, who took us to various places, movies, amusement parks, Satay Club, Joo Chiat, Katong to play and eat.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Brother [joetys],
wow, you are from a rich family.
In those days, my father could not afford to take us out to eat.
But, my brother and I had a very caring teacher, who took us to various places, movies, amusement parks, Satay Club, Joo Chiat, Katong to play and eat.

Contrary my friend not rich family. Dad worked in Singapore Harbour Board forklift driver. When he had time will bring us kids by bus there for walks, we walked long walks all over the place like to lau-pasat, chinatown etc. If only bring me then will go by his Honda motorcycle. Had lots of fun. So my recent walks aroudn these areas really brought sweet memories for me.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Contrary my friend not rich family. Dad worked in Singapore Harbour Board forklift driver. When he had time will bring us kids by bus there for walks, we walked long walks all over the place like to lau-pasat, chinatown etc. If only bring me then will go by his Honda motorcycle. Had lots of fun. So my recent walks aroudn these areas really brought sweet memories for me.

Very well.
My father used to take my brother and I for walks to Mount Faber, since we lived at the foot of Mt. Faber, Jardine Steps, etc. but not to eat because we could not afford.