• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Happy Yulin Dog Festival!

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dogs are our friends. We shouldn't eat friends.

chickens are make good pets too. Go to kampung they all keep chickens. It eats centipedes and other creepy crawlers including baby snake and worms. and not dependent on owner to care for the chicken. they can take care of themselves. But we still eat them.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
one man's poison is another man's meat.likewise one man's fifi or poochini is another tiong's gong bao dog meat rice.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I keep a dog, and some other animals as pets in my life, I will not debate with anyone on what is right to eat or what is not right to eat, but you lay a finger on MY pooch, and I'll kill you.

Chickens are not "trainable" like dogs are - you can't train a chicken to poo in one spot. They shit all over the place man!

In any case, here (pasted below) is a westerner's opinion on this festival in China:

Cheers!

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life...in-but-not-only-for-the-dogs/article25040174/

Rage against Yulin, but let's be honest: We are guilty of animal cruelty too

Amberly McAteer

The Globe and Mail
Published Friday, Jun. 19, 2015 2:52PM EDT
Last updated Saturday, Jun. 20, 2015 10:47PM EDT

Why does one animal get to be a pet, and another dinner? How can we love a dog as a four-legged child, and then order a BLT? Reconciling how we choose to eat one being and love another is a debate raging on Twitter right now, amplified this week – with over 250,000 tweets using #StopYulin2015.
If you’re unfamiliar: An estimated 10,000 cats and dogs are tortured, cooked alive and eaten at a festival, to be held this year on Monday, in Yulin, a city in southern China, in celebration of summer. The meat, when combined with lychee and liquor, is said to have good-luck qualities.
Countless animal lovers on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram have taken up the cause, posting photos of their own pets in protest of the horrible things happening to innocent animals in China. Dogs are wonderful loving fur babies – not food – the argument goes.

Andrea Gung, a representative Duo Duo, one of the animal-rights groups protesting Yulin, told The Independent she was at the dog meat festival last year. “Dogs are man’s best friend. To kill more than 10,000 of them in one dayis wrong,” she said.
But the crux of the issue is often ignored: What about all the animals who aren’t “man’s best friend”? Barbaric cruelty toward a living, breathing, feeling creature – whether it’s an animal that’s a common household pet or otherwise – should be the source of anger.

Many in the West look at Yulin with disgust, with cultural superiority, asking: How can this be happening? This behaviour is so uncivilized, so barbaric, eating precious dogs as dinner.
This should go without saying, but let me say it anyway: Different cultures hold different animals in different lights. Cows and dogs are either sacred beings or a delicious dinner, depending on where you are in the world.

I’m certain any dog lover could fall in love with a pig: adorable, intelligent, cuddly creatures. They’d be equally cute as pets, dressed for Halloween in ridiculous costumes. Don’t believe me? This lucky pig has nearly half a million Instagram followers:

Just as with the outrage that followed a bunny being butchered on live radio, much of the Internet’s anger is misguided. It’s not about which animal we eat, it’s about whether or not they were treated with respect and humanity.

Let's rage against Yulin, but not about the choice of animal – rather, about the way they’re killed, which, to be sure, is horrific by any standard. They are burned and skinned alive, the belief being that the more they’re tortured, the tastier they will be. If you need to see it – and the case can be made that you do –search #StopYulin2015 on Twitter. They’re too repugnant for The Globe to publish, or even link to.
If we’re angry about this – and I believe we should be – let’s harness that anger and demand humane treatment of the countless animals killed in the name of food in North America. Let's not forget animals are tortured in our own backyards.
If we're demanding Yulin be more compassionate, more humane – then let’s demand the same of our own meat producers. Cruelty should be intolerable –whether it’s a cow, pig or dog suffering. Let's demand better – whether that’s at an Alberta cattle farm, an Ontario pig factory or a faraway province in China.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I keep a dog, and some other animals as pets in my life, I will not debate with anyone on what is right to eat or what is not right to eat, but you lay a finger on MY pooch, and I'll kill you.

I heard somewhere dogs are the only animal that looks at you in the eye even wolves don't do that.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not always though. Once my dog chewed up my slipper and felt really guilty when I showed my displeasure, he won't even look in my direction, kept his eyes away from my glare.

Cheers!

I heard somewhere dogs are the only animal that looks at you in the eye even wolves don't do that.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Not always though. Once my dog chewed up my slipper and felt really guilty when I showed my displeasure, he won't even look in my direction, kept his eyes away from my glare.

Cheers!

Exactly my point. Dogs knows eye can communicate, only dogs can.