• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore retail graveyard

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Remember Book worm Club?

Oh yeah, they kept going to my school to sell books. Bought a few from them. :biggrin:

I had once went to their HQ at Selegie (was psycho'ed to go :biggrin:), didn't buy anything but played some nice video games in their video games room.

This was one of the games:

[video=youtube;qG6w2x6AilI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG6w2x6AilI[/video]

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Miss these old names:

Flam
Borders
Gramaphone
Tower Records
A&W
Carrefour
Pageone
Manolo Blanik
Ponderosa
Swizzler
Jco
Wimpy's
Avalon (worldwide 1st to close)
Harry Ramsden
Video Eazy
Prologue
Harris
Banquet
Banana Republic
Gap
Books Actually
Crazy Horse
Fancl
Taco Bell
Banquet
Perlini's
Five Star Tours
Euro Asia
FrancFranc
Sembawang Music
Aussino
River Island
U2
This Fashion
Big O Cafe
Ocean Pacific
Lane Crawford
Shop & Save
Hardee's
Mrs Fields
Rotiboy
1.99 shop
Cost Plus
Cafe Cartel
Angie's the Choice
Seyui
Au Printemps
Sogo
Yaohan
Daimaru
Sanur Indo restuarant
Dairyfarm [HK]
Galeries Lafayette
Habotat
Kerry's
K-Mart
Tops
Tokyu
Hakku Kimisawa
Metro Jaya
Meitesu
Athletes Foot
Habitat
Emporium Holdings
WyWy
Stussy

...... galeri lafaye

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cannot be that long ago. I only retired from chionging 2 years back and quite sure they were still around then.
Caught the last euro football there every night with bookie friends so can't be that long.
The last time I went there was a new thai disco downstairs......

Rachada thai disco...

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Was visiting the health food store when I heard the owner complaining that the landlord was going to increase his rent by 30% :eek:

That is a large increase & I don't see how businesses are going to cope. Especially when most people in Spore are lucky just to keep their jobs & don't get a pay hike.

Since this is probably going to be an election year the PAP is trying to convince people that inflation is down. However we have recently seen the bus fare hikes, as well as the electricity tariff hikes. These are the hikes that the PAP gov't is responsible for.

Don't forget about the extra $$$ for the medi shield life that people will have to start pay for.

In the next GE I think there is more than enough reasons to vote out the PAP e.g. the old goat is gone, rising costs in Spore, CPF withdrawal age being changes, extra costs with medi shield life, planned population increases, MRT breakdowns, increase in dengue cases, increasing dictatorial attitude of LHL, ....

I would be surprise if anyone voteds for the PAP. Even if you are a civil servant you are not immune to the rising costs & hardships that the LHL gov't represents.:(

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Was visiting the health food store when I heard the owner complaining that the landlord was going to increase his rent by 30% :eek:

That is a large increase & I don't see how businesses are going to cope. Especially when most people in Spore are lucky just to keep their jobs & don't get a pay hike.

Since this is probably going to be an election year the PAP is trying to convince people that inflation is down. However we have recently seen the bus fare hikes, as well as the electricity tariff hikes. These are the hikes that the PAP gov't is responsible for.

Don't forget about the extra $$$ for the medi shield life that people will have to start pay for.

In the next GE I think there is more than enough reasons to vote out the PAP e.g. the old goat is gone, rising costs in Spore, CPF withdrawal age being changes, extra costs with medi shield life, planned population increases, MRT breakdowns, increase in dengue cases, increasing dictatorial attitude of LHL, ....

I would be surprise if anyone voteds for the PAP. Even if you are a civil servant you are not immune to the rising costs & hardships that the LHL gov't represents.:(

Inflation statistics, just like unemployment statistics, can be fudged. It all depends on the parameters you define for your data. For the cost of living, that's the 'basket of goods' you choose to include in your calculation.

Who's the chief landlord in this country? :rolleyes: