• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Of Sabah KK Quake, TKPS and its after shocks...

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Body said to be of S'porean student retrieved from Mt Kinabalu

I believe that LHL was probably at OCS, SAFTI, before the SMC days, because 1 SMC started after the 20th Batch, in late Dec 1974.
Even as a recruit at SAFTI, at the then SISL, NS men had to run up Peng Kang Hill.

yes, you're right. he joined the saf in 1971, and ocs started in 1966 with the 1st batch graduating on july 16, 1967. the 1st "scholar platoon" was inaugurated on january 1, 1972. and i think this is "coincidentally" introduced for the anointed one. smc started in december 26, 1974.

Last edited:

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I believe that LHL was probably at OCS, SAFTI, before the SMC days, because 1 SMC started after the 20th Batch, in late Dec 1974.
Even as a recruit at SAFTI, at the then SISL, NS men had to run up Peng Kang Hill.
also, it was down to the obstacle course after getting "peng-kanged" - those that barracked in the married quarters (papa coy) had a longer way to travel in and out of safti....

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

also, it was down to the obstacle course after getting "peng-kanged" - those that barracked in the married quarters (papa coy) had a longer way to travel in and out of safti....

I was in Kilo Company, then Papa Company, at the battalion, then at OCS Bravo Coy.

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: After Quake Tragedy, Sabah Mulls Barring Mount Kinabalu To Climbers Below 15

CB Malaysians are more sensible than Mr. Heng Swee Kiat!

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: After Quake Tragedy, Sabah Mulls Barring Mount Kinabalu To Climbers Below 15

I have read about a news few years ago that a man die when rolling down a flight of steps :wink: . If you are unlucky you might even die when choking on fish bones :wink:

You keep harping on this stewpig logic.....
Yes the world is a dangerous place and we probably have to take risks everyday......
But that dun mean we got to purposely seek out risky things to do or dangerous places to go.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You keep harping on this stewpig logic.....
Yes the world is a dangerous place and we probably have to take risks everyday......
But that dun mean we got to purposely seek out risky things to do or dangerous places to go.

you need to go watch the movie hurt locker.....when u are a baby,u love many things,u love your stuffed animals,u love ur jack in a box,u love your mommy,you love your pyjamas.....when u grow older,many things in life dont seem so special anymore,it may come down to one or two things that you really love....sometimes maybe 1.

do you want to go out in life with a bang defusing terrorist bombs in the middle east doing what you love,or do you want to dribble away like a senile old fart in Singapore?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

and when 15-year olds start dying in earthquake-induced rockslides, sinkies would kpkb for a ban on 15-year olds....and the cycle will never stop until all sinkies are killed. :biggrin:

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
Body said to be of S'porean student retrieved from Mt Kinabalu

uncle; running up pk hill is safti sop... anyone had duck walked or leopard crawl

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

uncle; running up pk hill is safti sop... anyone had duck walked or leopard crawl

I am aware of it, because I have completed my full time NS (spent almost a year there, before returning to SATO for the Advanced Course for Armour and Infantry Officers), several decades ago.
Fortunately, I did not have to duck walk or leopard crawl up Peng Kang Hill.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

every occifer cadet from smc days were required to run, not walk, up peng kang hill in full battle order followed by bra only. since he was my senior at smc, i'm sure he graced the occasion by not only running up but sprinting up the hill with 60mm mortar, when 60mm was still in style. his footprints will be enshrined in gold in his honor. :p

He was in the artillery, that would be in 1973 or 1974, he would have like any Arty Officer, man pack & run up & down Peng Kang Hill....:rolleyes:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

He was in the artillery, that would be in 1973 or 1974, he would have like any Arty Officer, man pack & run up & down Peng Kang Hill....:rolleyes:

i'm sure a future shrine at peng sang hill will have a plaque that reads "son of god manpacks 120mmmm mortar and baseplate and charges up this hill." :rolleyes:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i'm sure a future shrine at peng sang hill will have a plaque that reads "son of god manpacks 120mmmm mortar and baseplate and charges up this hill." :rolleyes:

If my memory serves me well, during my time in NS, the SAF does not "man pack" 120mm mortar, but during battalion exercises, the men in Support Coy of the Infantry Battalions man pack the 81mm mortars.

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal

you need to go watch the movie hurt locker.....when u are a baby,u love many things,u love your stuffed animals,u love ur jack in a box,u love your mommy,you love your pyjamas.....when u grow older,many things in life dont seem so special anymore,it may come down to one or two things that you really love....sometimes maybe 1.

do you want to go out in life with a bang defusing terrorist bombs in the middle east doing what you love,or do you want to dribble away like a senile old fart in Singapore?

I choose the option in red.:biggrin:

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal

and when 15-year olds start dying in earthquake-induced rockslides, sinkies would kpkb for a ban on 15-year olds....and the cycle will never stop until all sinkies are killed. :biggrin:

Did sinkies ask to raise NS age after some unfortunate deaths? Admittedly sinkes have many faults, but having a pea for a brain like you is not one of them.:kma:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Did sinkies ask to raise NS age after some unfortunate deaths? Admittedly sinkes have many faults, but having a pea for a brain like you is not one of them.:kma:

sinkies have no power to raise ns age, moron. thanks to the pap elites, they don't compromise when sinkies kpkb.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If my memory serves me well, during my time in NS, the SAF does not "man pack" 120mm mortar, but during battalion exercises, the men in Support Coy of the Infantry Battalions man pack the 81mm mortars.

it's the impossibility and a series of miracles that demand the enshrinement of a god, if you get the drift. and it wasn't 120mm, but 120mmmm, a true miniature of the 120mm. you're too straight of an arrow. :p

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why No Sound No Picture Of TKPS Teachers That Survive The Mt Kinabalu Earthquake?

Excerpt from MOE website.

Issued 6 June 2015, 8.45am

29 students and eight teachers of Tanjong Katong Primary School were on a school trip to Kota Kinabalu when earthquake struck on 5 June.​

Why there is no news on the 6 teachers that survive?

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
Body said to be of S'porean student retrieved from Mt Kinabalu

I am aware of it, because I have completed my full time NS (spent almost a year there, before returning to SATO for the Advanced Course for Armour and Infantry Officers), several decades ago. Fortunately, I did not have to duck walk or leopard crawl up Peng Kang Hill.

those bastard instructors where got balls to tekan cadets till like that...
they only dare to do it on hokkien pengs like us ..
our CB sergeant; siao-on, sian-lan made us DW/LC up twice !!!....
on the 2nd time; his luck ran out.... 8-9 of us ended up in sick bay for 2 days; MO reported to SIB
this CB sergeant and his sian-lan NCOs... all court martial and demoted.
PL, CC also kena charged