• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why the woman's charter should be scrapped

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
WHY THE WOMAN'S CHARTER SHOULD BE SCRAPPED :
http://www.allsingaporestuff.com/article/why-womans-charter-should-be-scrapped

jamie-chua-shoes_3.JPG

I was watching MediaCorp TV recently and I came across this programme featuring a well known rich socialite named Jamie Chua.

In online circles, she is known as the Queen of Hermes or Queen of Instagram because of her never-ending supply of branded Hermes bags and her passion for posting all her expensive goods online for everyone to see.

When I saw her introducing all the expensive things that she has in her house, I thought to myself: How did she get so rich?

Why can she afford so many things even though she herself admitted she doesn't really work?

Fortunately, Google has the answer:

"The former model and CHIJ Toa Payoh girl hit the headlines for famously asking for S$450,000 per month, close to half a million dollars per month, in monthly maintenance for the rest of her life to maintain her lifestyle, in divorce proceedings from her hubby in 2011. They eventually settled out of court later that year.

The same blogger also revealed :

– She owns 200 Birkin and Kelly bags kept in enclosed glass cases, priced between Sg$10k to $100k each
– she never wears the same dress twice
– changes clothes twice during the interview
– has two full-time maids to help her take her Instagram photos
– keeps busy with regular yoga, spa, manicure, pedicure sessions
– currently stays in a 2.5-storey bungalow at Merryn Road in Dunearn Road with her two kids and parents"

Don't you think this is an abuse of the Woman's Charter?

I don't know how much the husband is paying her in alimony, but it is surely not a small figure.

From the way she spends on branded goods and doesn't even need to work, you know that the figure is probably close to $450,000 or even beyond it.

Chin A.Y.

More at AllSingaporeStuff.com
http://www.allsingaporestuff.com/article/why-womans-charter-should-be-scrapped

Last edited: