• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

S'porean earning $10k also complains of difficulty supporting family

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]S'POREAN EARNING $10K ALSO COMPLAINS OF DIFFICULTY SUPPORTING FAMILY[/h]
Post date:
30 Apr 2015 - 9:46pm

[Pic Source]
Recently, I'm starting to wonder if I'm slowly slipping out of the "middle class" bracket and into the "low income" bracket.
My wife and I are both working and we earn average incomes, combined about 10K a month. Our children are in school and expenses are getting super high.
My car is 9 years old. When I went looking for cars, even a small Korean car costs over $100k.
I want to get a bigger flat because kids are growing and my parents are staying with us. But prices are ridiculously high.
My old retired parents stay with me. They have no savings. Food, medical bills, expenses, allowances are all taken care of by my wife and me. When you count income per person in my household, it is not alot. No lavish lifestyle... nothing of that sort. I can't kick my kids or parents out.

Last time can afford to eat chilli crab once in a while. Now crab is $65 a kilo. Cannot afford to eat anymore. Durian price also gone crazy. If eat out, little bit here and there also cost $50-$100. The $50 bills in my wallet use very fast... maciam flow out like water.
Getting old. Tired of this impossible rat race. You feeling the pinch too?

Mike Tan
*Complaint first appeared on http://www.allsingaporestuff.com/article/complain-getting-tired-rat-race...

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
GE_Vivian_Balakrishnan.jpg

"ananas,food junction or crystal jade?"

Last edited:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i saw a similar posting on ah leong pimping site. The above article seem to be copy from ah leong pimping site.

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP will tell you abang in tampines with 8+1 kid, and housewife lived on $800/-..another abang same income bracket with 10kids and wife in circuit road (go toggle check it out). peasant class $10k so what...minister makes $100k monthly

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Our children are in school and expenses are getting super high.

You should know that feeding, clothing, educating and medicating a child in Sinkieland is a hefty moneysink. And you have more than a child. :wink:

To what end? To produce more obedient workers, consumers and taxpayers for SG Inc. Well done citizen, keep squirting out those babies. :biggrin:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP will tell you abang in tampines with 8+1 kid, and housewife lived on $800/-..another abang same income bracket with 10kids and wife in circuit road (go toggle check it out). peasant class $10k so what...minister makes $100k monthly

At least the Mendaki folks proactively help out their needy fellow ethnicity.

The CDAC siphons money from your paycheck every month and god knows what it spends the money on. :rolleyes:

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You think with oppo in govt , the 10k can stretch longer?....bet there will be no change with wp, Sdp or whatever p as govt.....key is to Keng to earn more money.....

Who knows? It could be better or worse, opp not given a chance to rule.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
earning 10k per month and being single is cool...try that!!!

You are single and unwanted and your parents are in matland. Other than your Thai whore teerak, you do not support anyone else.

As such, there is no need for you to teach others about living simple.

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
At least the Mendaki folks proactively help out their needy fellow ethnicity.

The CDAC siphons money from your paycheck every month and god knows what it spends the money on. :rolleyes:

akin to N'S days where durai in cahoot govt. extorted KDF donation from poor conscript..CDAC scandals yet uncovered.you can easily opt out

If you are gutless to even opt out of this extortion scheme, May lord help you..

http://www.cdac.org.sg/about-us/monthly-cdac-fund-contributions/faq-on-cdac-fund#_ptoh_3008078
9. How can I opt-out from the scheme?
You may obtain the CDAC Opt-Out Form from our website: www.cdac.org.sg. The form has to be endorsed by the employer with company stamp and forwarded it to us via fax (Fax: 6841 4882), email (Email: [email protected]) or mail.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]S'POREAN EARNING $10K ALSO COMPLAINS OF DIFFICULTY SUPPORTING FAMILY[/h]
Post date:
30 Apr 2015 - 9:46pm

[Pic Source]
Recently, I'm starting to wonder if I'm slowly slipping out of the "middle class" bracket and into the "low income" bracket.
My wife and I are both working and we earn average incomes, combined about 10K a month. Our children are in school and expenses are getting super high.
My car is 9 years old. When I went looking for cars, even a small Korean car costs over $100k.
I want to get a bigger flat because kids are growing and my parents are staying with us. But prices are ridiculously high.
My old retired parents stay with me. They have no savings. Food, medical bills, expenses, allowances are all taken care of by my wife and me. When you count income per person in my household, it is not alot. No lavish lifestyle... nothing of that sort. I can't kick my kids or parents out.

Last time can afford to eat chilli crab once in a while. Now crab is $65 a kilo. Cannot afford to eat anymore. Durian price also gone crazy. If eat out, little bit here and there also cost $50-$100. The $50 bills in my wallet use very fast... maciam flow out like water.
Getting old. Tired of this impossible rat race. You feeling the pinch too?

Mike Tan
*Complaint first appeared on http://www.allsingaporestuff.com/article/complain-getting-tired-rat-race...

There are many Singaporean household that makes much lesser than the 10k, with parents and children in tow.
Definitely having a car, is more of a luxury these days with the sky high COE.

Let's just hope that Mike and the wife do not get retrenched anytime soon. Else with 5k or less, it's going to be a more bigger struggle if 10k is considered to be insufficient.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My ex-colleague who is an NUS grad & his wife make slightly over 10K but they do not consider themselves rich because they know that they can lose their jobs at anytime In fact he is now looking for a new job because his previous employer an MNC had a retrenchment exercise.

He will probably have to sell his Beamer.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buy two vespas, one for wife and another for himself. That will reduce monthly expenditure. cars are unfairly taxed to the extent it disproportionately increase the cost of living on this island.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If possible, try to make do without a car and stick to public transport. That would greatly reduce the household debt. Eat at home more often and spend more time exercising. Good health will keep medical expenses low.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My ex-colleague who is an NUS grad & his wife make slightly over 10K but they do not consider themselves rich because they know that they can lose their jobs at anytime In fact he is now looking for a new job because his previous employer an MNC had a retrenchment exercise.

He will probably have to sell his Beamer.

I am impressed with your ex colleague and the wife that can afford to drive a beamer, with slightly more than 10k salary. Most likely they are what you call DINKs.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Buy two vespas, one for wife and another for himself. That will reduce monthly expenditure. cars are unfairly taxed to the extent it disproportionately increase the cost of living on this island.

Cars are taxed unfairly high that only the rich can afford to drive only. Maybe the top 10%. I came across something very interesting just in March 2015.

I was waiting together with a friend when the car valet went to collect his car. While waiting, strike up a casual conversation with the car valets, most of them are part timers, with it being a second job. Most of them are Singaporeans, 2 of them are Singapore Indian, while the rest are Singapore Chinese, there was about 5 to 6 of them. Anyway, while waiting for the car, there were other car owners that want to pick up their vehicle. Guess what, out of 6 of them at that time, 4 of them were foreigners, only my friend and another couple are locals. Best part, is most of the foreigner drive the Beamer and bmws and high end car. My friend drive a Suzuki, while the couple valet park with a Toyota Altis.

How's that for an observation.