• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Will you use money to buy a job ?

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Definitely wont.. any job that pays only 3k is not worth doing, much less buying... not being snobbish, but i assume you are a graduate and living locally.... Spend the 3-4k to upgrade yourself with a technical cert or language cert better.

If you are foreign worker, with big debts incurred to come over, and will be sending 80% of salary back home, then by all means...

I'm not a grad. My last job varies from 3.5 to 4k. After resigning due to too many FTs and also a sickening job, it was not easy to find this 3k job.
I was thinking if I forgo this one, another 3mth I will win another $2k. But same time my savings will deplete and another job may not come by anytime soon.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'll pay someone $4k one lump sum if he is instrumental in getting me a job of $3k per month.
It's the same as paying intro fee to a hiring agency, only usually, they take it from the employer but if this is an employer's market, no choice, the hiring agency will have to take it from the employee.

But the keyword is: INSTRUMENTAL

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'll pay someone $4k one lump sum if he is instrumental in getting me a job of $3k per month.
It's the same as paying intro fee to a hiring agency, only usually, they take it from the employer but if this is an employer's market, no choice, the hiring agency will have to take it from the employee.

But the keyword is: INSTRUMENTAL

I was also thinking to just take it as using the 4k to buy another new hope - like a referral fees
Thanks for your comment.
I need to go into deep thoughts now.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was also thinking to just take it as using the 4k to buy another new hope - like a referral fees
Thanks for your comment.
I need to go into deep thoughts now.

There is no need to go into deep thoughts, because clearly the guy you're paying 4k to is NOT instrumental in getting you the job. The one who is instrumental in getting you the job is usually your employer. Hence, you're becoming like those PRC and Indo maids, whereby the local agency charge a fee for finding the job, but this is because the agency knows the rules and regulations of the country of hire. If your job is a local job, I like to ask why you didn't know of it and has to depend on someone who is not taking up the position to become an introducer?

Like someone who needs a match-maker, so you pay for the service, but we must always ask our selves this. Why do we need a match-maker. Why're we not in the market and why is the job not in the market for you to know of it in the first place and not to rely on a go-between. In any case, the final analysis is if the introducer is instrumental in landing you the job or not. If just purely introduction, then $400 is a good payoff for him, not $4000.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ok, the employment contract has nothing to do with the penalty at all. It is a totally unrelated affair.
Put it even simpler, if I take up the job, I have to lose 4k to a friend on a side bet.

In this case, there are independent cases. One is a bet that you lose and the other is a job that you got. Whether the job pays $3K or $30k a month ... is not the question.

You lost the bet... you pay the winner.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
SBF bros, ask you all, let say you are out of job for 9 mths, and a job pay $3k comes to you but you need to pay $3-4k to buy that job, will you take it ?
The $3-4k is not to be paid to the company. The company has nothing to do with it. It is a special arrangement between another person and me. So do not relate the $3-4k with the job. The receipent also has nothing to do with that company.

Sounds like a simple investment decision to me.

If you figure the ROI is worth your effort, go for it.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if you put $3k to good use designing, printing and selling sg50, icu, ucme, and lky-get-well t-shirts to the 69%, you may make much more than you put in within weeks. :p

image.jpg

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
LKY can forgo his reputation and get his name bashed everyday on the internet 50 years later why not you?

First, the MNCs today are like money and jobs laundry shops and angmoh economy is corrupted to the core so either you are in it or stay unemployed by angmoh MNC.

If Brit angmoh can legalized illegal opium trade with china openly, why not you?

as mentioned the penalty has nothing to do with the job. I am just stating "buy the job" to make it simple.
To put it simple, are you willing to forgo 4k to have a 3k per mth stable job if you are out of job for 9 mths ?

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
its a bit like sleeping yr way to the top , isnt it?
some have done it with massively successful results...

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There will come a time when most jobs have to go through agents, who will only recommend it to people willing to pay a large fee. You can think of it as an investment or agent's fee, but you still have to fork out several months of your salary in order to secure a job. What we did to maids and bangalas, we shall one day do to PMETs too.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sounds like a simple investment decision to me.

If you figure the ROI is worth your effort, go for it.

There were many factors to consider . I need to consider that's why I am having headache.

1. Will the 3k job be another one like my last workplace whereby I left on my own accord.
If this job is can do type, I will definitely work happily and offer to lose my $4k bet. The job pays $3k after minus cpf is 2.4k still $2067 more than the $333 per mth that I am winning at this point of time. But the bet will end 3 mths later , which I will win another 2k. After that I am on my own .
I took a long time to find this 3k job, so it is highly possible the next 3k job may not come in next 6 mths at least or maybe never will come anymore.

The $2k that I won was already gone , so now I will need to fork out $4k, a big sum to me, especially my savings were slowly depleting over the last 9 mths.

My bet is only limited to finding employment with a co. I can be self employed and no penalty for that , and will continue to win the other 2k .
But after so long I cannot find a niche for any business so I am not cut out to be own boss type of person.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In this case, there are independent cases. One is a bet that you lose and the other is a job that you got. Whether the job pays $3K or $30k a month ... is not the question.

You lost the bet... you pay the winner.

I have not lost yet mah. I can choose to win or lose that is the headache part.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LKY can forgo his reputation and get his name bashed everyday on the internet 50 years later why not you?

First, the MNCs today are like money and jobs laundry shops and angmoh economy is corrupted to the core so either you are in it or stay unemployed by angmoh MNC.

If Brit angmoh can legalized illegal opium trade with china openly, why not you?

agree with your post. That was also the reason I left the ex angmo employer. The upper level were all angmo/ah neh/pinoys .
I am not sure this 3k job will endup the same :/

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There will come a time when most jobs have to go through agents, who will only recommend it to people willing to pay a large fee. You can think of it as an investment or agent's fee, but you still have to fork out several months of your salary in order to secure a job. What we did to maids and bangalas, we shall one day do to PMETs too.

Yes there are some agencies collecting kopi $ directly from desperate PMETs currently. Not many but there are. 15 yrs ago this already happened.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Since u dont hve 4k, than take the 2k in 3 mths time. After all u suffered for 6mths wat is another 3mths.

I not working for 9 mths already not 6 mths. If I decide to take the 2k 3 mths later, I will need to reject this job offer. Then 3 mths later I will totally no more income and no job :(