• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

One winner takes home biggest individual haul in Toto draw's history

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
One winner takes home biggest individual haul in Toto draw's history
By Calvin Yang
SINGAPORE - One person became $8 million richer on Thursday night, after picking all six winning numbers in Thursday's Toto draw.
It is the biggest individual windfall in the draw's history.
About 100 people were at the regular draw at the main Singapore Pools branch in Middle Road.
The winning numbers were 14, 15, 19, 20, 36 and 47. The additional number was 10.
The winning ticket was sold at a NTUC FairPrice outlet at Tiong Bahru Plaza.
The lucky winner took home the Group 1 jackpot prize of $8,042,310. The previous single largest best was $6.52 million in May 2007, according to Singapore Pools.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Unless the winner is already a millionaire, it will be all gone in less than 2 years.

Buckethead

Alfrescian
Loyal
winner is spools ...

Exactly...after payout of 8M, Spools still have a few M to keep...1 question...is Spools the only one worldwide that is owned by govt...
I assume elsewhere in the world, lotteries companies are privately owned, correct me if I'm wrong...

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exactly...after payout of 8M, Spools still have a few M to keep...1 question...is Spools the only one worldwide that is owned by govt...
I assume elsewhere in the world, lotteries companies are privately owned, correct me if I'm wrong...

most are state owned. in malaysia they have TanSri vincent tan

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
winner is spools ...

I totally agree. The winner is always Spools. No confirmation that everything they say is true. Telling the world that the winner bought from a particular betting outlet is not confirmation enough. No one is the wiser! This is unlike other countries where the public knows that there is a real winner.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
I totally agree. The winner is always Spools. No confirmation that everything they say is true. Telling the world that the winner bought from a particular betting outlet is not confirmation enough. No one is the wiser! This is unlike other countries where the public knows that there is a real winner.

Of course the house always win, not matter whether it's pools or MBS or Genting!! Otherwise how they make money?

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like Shocked

33%

33%
Sad Angry

0%

33%

comments

Lucky Toto punter hits $8m jackpot
The Straits Times*|*Fri, Mar 13, 2015
ONE person became $8 million richer last night, after picking all six winning numbers in yesterday's Toto draw.

It is the biggest individual windfall in the draw's history.

According to Singapore Pools' website, a simple, manual version of Toto was introduced in 1968.

About 100 people were at the regular Thursday draw at the main Singapore Pools branch in Middle Road yesterday.

The winning numbers were 14, 15, 19, 20, 36 and 47. The additional number was 10.

The winning ticket was sold at the NTUC FairPrice outlet in Tiong Bahru Plaza.

The winner took home the Group 1 jackpot prize of $8,042,310.

The previous single largest best was $6.52 million in May 2007, according to Singapore Pools.

Sharkey

Alfrescian
Loyal
There was news item recently about some court case where it came out the guy won $600+ at Toto.

It must be real bit strange nv hear any leaks in internet media by relations, friends etc..

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is a prize of $8 million high:confused:

What is normally the 1st prize amount?

Group 1 prize is $1,000,000 the amount was snowballed over three draws I think, & the prize money was $6,000,000 on March 12, 2015 draw, but the accumulated takings for Thursday totalled to $8,000,000. If you go their website, there was 2 winners from the same outlet at NTUC Supermarket, Tiong Bahru Plaza at the basement. Group 1 winner of Quick Pick System 8 & Group 2 winner of Quick Pick System 7, maybe the same person strike 2 tics or a group of people, pool their money to buy, a few tics. Who knows?

Sometimes I wonder how much money is spent chasing those millions...say $6,000,000 the money collected maybe $60,000,000 or more...

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Group 1 prize is $1,000,000 the amount was snowballed over three draws I think, & the prize money was $6,000,000 on March 12, 2015 draw, but the accumulated takings for Thursday totalled to $8,000,000. If you go their website, there was 2 winners from the same outlet at NTUC Supermarket, Tiong Bahru Plaza at the basement. Group 1 winner of Quick Pick System 8 & Group 2 winner of Quick Pick System 7, maybe the same person strike 2 tics or a group of people, pool their money to buy, a few tics. Who knows?

Sometimes I wonder how much money is spent chasing those millions...say $6,000,000 the money collected maybe $60,000,000 or more...

possible. :smile:

jw5

Loyal
I just looked at the SG pools website and noted something interesting.

Firstly, there is no issue about the prize money. The $1 Million was snowballed over 3, or perhaps 4 draws.

However if you look at the breakdown by outlets, the group one winner was a quick pick system 8 ticket from Tiong Bahru NTUC. It wouldn't have been that surprising if the same ticket also won the group 2 prize, since the extra number could be one of the remaining 2 numbers which were not among the winning 6.

But don't you find it a coincidence that one of the group 2 winners was a quick pick system 7 ticket from the same outlet? i.e. a totally different ticket generated from the same outlet. What are the chances of that? :wink: