• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Real reason mrt keeps breaking down: Overworked employees

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]REAL REASON MRT KEEPS BREAKING DOWN: OVERWORKED EMPLOYEES[/h]
Post date:
5 Mar 2015 - 1:54pm

I have a good friend who works for one of the MRT operators (SMRT and SBS).

This friend told me that the real reason why MRT keeps breaking down and causing delays is because of overworked employees.

Both MRT operators require their employees (especially those dealing in train maintenance and operations) to work 7-days straight on rotating shifts.
Train drivers, station staff, control centre staff, technical staff, maintenance staff, operations staff, etc. are all required to work 7-days shift.

All those staff are overworked and may jeopardise the operation of the MRT trains, or even the safety of passengers.

As the lives of passengers are in the hands of those staff, the two authorities, namely Land Transport Authority and Ministry of Manpower should do a thorough investigation on this matter.

A Concerned Passenger
TRS Contributor

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Overworked and underpaid. Our tripartitism is PAP bullshit. German tripartitism sees workers earning good wages. Our system ensures that workers continue to have real stagnant wages.

NTUC is an exploiter of sinkee workers.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Overworked and underpaid. Our tripartitism is PAP bullshit. German tripartitism sees workers earning good wages. Our system ensures that workers continue to have real stagnant wages.

a good reason why sg needs to bring in cheaper and younger workers, especially from myanmar. :p

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And sinkees should be treated like how the Saudis treat their nationals. Pay sinkees big bucks to lord over the foreigners.

that will result in sinkies behaving like saudis and bruneians, totally dependent on handouts, spoilt rotten into an entitlement mentality, and clueless in thinking outside the comfort of their box and charting the future for themselves.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
[h=1]REAL REASON MRT KEEPS BREAKING DOWN: OVERWORKED EMPLOYEES[/h]
Post date:
5 Mar 2015 - 1:54pm

I have a good friend who works for one of the MRT operators (SMRT and SBS).

This friend told me that the real reason why MRT keeps breaking down and causing delays is because of overworked employees.

Both MRT operators require their employees (especially those dealing in train maintenance and operations) to work 7-days straight on rotating shifts.
Train drivers, station staff, control centre staff, technical staff, maintenance staff, operations staff, etc. are all required to work 7-days shift.

All those staff are overworked and may jeopardise the operation of the MRT trains, or even the safety of passengers.

As the lives of passengers are in the hands of those staff, the two authorities, namely Land Transport Authority and Ministry of Manpower should do a thorough investigation on this matter.

A Concerned Passenger
TRS Contributor

Well, this has the ring of truth. This is why my sympathies are with the staff. Sorry but Desmond ain't the right guy. In the past I thought he inherited problems and should be given time. But if he cannot see that getting staff morale up is key especially since he has zero domain knowledge, then he is seriously in the wrong place. By now he should be clear what the problems are and formulated a way to solve them. Those of us who served NS will know that military skills rarely translate into anything useful in civvy life. The SAF has loads of money thrown at it without having to do anything to earn it. They don't have to solve problems the same way as other people.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Desmond is just a Quack of a CEO, with zero experience of managing men without issuing orders, zero experience of how a balance sheet works, zero experience of any commercial experience of any sort. Instead of bringing in people to complement his inadequacies, he brought in more YES men with the same basic defects. Which is why experts from the PR world and Finance world came and went with regular frequency, reflecting the zero-ness of a CEO who climbed up the army corporate ladder by his ability to scream YES Sir, how high do I jump sir!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Desmond is just a Quack of a CEO, with zero experience of managing men without issuing orders, zero experience of how a balance sheet works, zero experience of any commercial experience of any sort. Instead of bringing in people to complement his inadequacies, he brought in more YES men with the same basic defects. Which is why experts from the PR world and Finance world came and went with regular frequency, reflecting the zero-ness of a CEO who climbed up the army corporate ladder by his ability to scream YES Sir, how high do I jump sir!

But he was an awesome parade commander... I'm sure that's highly relevant work experience. :wink:

[video=youtube;TiATbI5-NS4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiATbI5-NS4[/video]

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
nowadays corporations are run by ceo with one thing in mind,
so the board don't need to find one with real experience.
this dumbest idea started in the 80s in evil U-S-Ass , of course. where else ?
anything the U-S-ass do , the rest will followed suit.
what is this dumb idea ?
running a company taking the result as it's goal - - maximizing shareholder value.
ceo don't need to worry about long term effect on the company ,
only concern is the short term goal.
up till now both clueless board and heartless ceo still playing the same game.
well , both made ton of $$$$$$$$$$, why need to change ?
u die your business.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Our ministry of labour should look into this and the union should give MRT management shit

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

German are not as daft and stupid as sinkies enough said.

After all they are the Aryan race,we are the coolie and farmer race.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
nowadays corporations are run by ceo with one thing in mind,
so the board don't need to find one with real experience.
this dumbest idea started in the 80s in evil U-S-Ass , of course. where else ?
anything the U-S-ass do , the rest will followed suit.
what is this dumb idea ?
running a company taking the result as it's goal - - maximizing shareholder value.
ceo don't need to worry about long term effect on the company ,
only concern is the short term goal.
up till now both clueless board and heartless ceo still playing the same game.
well , both made ton of $$$$$$$$$$, why need to change ?
u die your business.

You are right about US CEOs. They live quarter by quarter. However, Desmond is not even in this league, by a mile.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
that will result in sinkies behaving like saudis and bruneians, totally dependent on handouts, spoilt rotten into an entitlement mentality, and clueless in thinking outside the comfort of their box and charting the future for themselves.

The PAP are already doing that ...let all sinkees do that. Uniquely sinkapore!

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Unless he fights the PAP, he will still be the $68 million man.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i'm overworked too. i have to spend extra time and effort on sbf to correct/pinpoint relevant online references and refute false allegations against the pap.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i'm overworked too. i have to spend extra time and effort on sbf to correct/pinpoint relevant online references and refute false allegations against the pap.

You are not that smart then ...most PAP sycophants get lots of goodies. Given the PAP desperation, there are more goodies out there for cronies.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are not that smart then ...most PAP sycophants get lots of goodies. Given the PAP desperation, there are more goodies out there for cronies.

i do it out of genuine sincerity of my heart, extreme gratitude and zeroo expectation for payback or compensation. if the pap have to compensate me, goodies would not be enough.