• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WP Sylvia Lim said PAP is moving in the right direction, NMP Chia YY disagree

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
dickehead, fuck backed to your UArseA.

Go help your UArseA pay off its debt.

Please do not be rude to my expat manager. I hunted far and wide using International head hunters in order to recruit someone with his talent.

If he quits the job because of rude people like yourself, I'll have to start the whole process again and it will cost me more big bucks.

jw5

Loyal
Your expat manager seems to be quite a nice guy, except that his grammar is atrocious. :p

Please do not be rude to my expat manager. I hunted far and wide using International head hunters in order to recruit someone with his talent.

If he quits the job because of rude people like yourself, I'll have to start the whole process again and it will cost me more big bucks.

Manager

Don't mess with me
Generous Asset
thats because i am not here to be a language teacher, i came to Singapore to work in the financial sector not the education sector
so queens english isnt necessary esp when posting in the bbs.

Your expat manager seems to be quite a nice guy, except that his grammar is atrocious. :p

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
<<A speech from the heart>>

The Budget this year had many new schemes to strengthen our social safety nets. This is good and necessary to help vulnerable families. But quite a few Singaporeans have also advised us to be careful not to erode our work ethic and personal responsibility, even as we increase state support. Yesterday, during the budget debate, NMP Chia Yong Yong reiterated the latter point. She said that collective responsibility must take place in the context of personal responsibility. Without personal responsibility, collective responsibility would break down. Intuitively, we know this to be true, because if too many did not take care of their own needs due to neglect or wrong choices, then others would have to support them and the burden would be too great for all to bear.

Ms Chia was speaking about CPF, but her beliefs touch on the core philosophy of our social safety nets. Indeed, our founding generation believed as Ms Chia did, that self and family should be the first line of support and then society – not the reverse. As we introduce new schemes, we should not inadvertently weaken this core belief. Ms Chia is the President of SPD (Society for the Physically Disabled) and widely known for her accomplishments despite a muscle wasting disorder. So I thought her remarks on personal responsibility had a lot of credibility given her own life story and personal struggles. I respect her.

- Ng Eng Hen