• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jeannette Chong-Aruldoss From RP to NSP, and now to SPP.

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
SPP-walkabout-650x425.png

Former members of National Solidarity Party (NSP) has expressed their intention to join Singapore People’s Party (SPP) as party members and have submitted their applications after their resignation from the former political party.

Mrs Jeannette Chong-Aruldoss , former secretary-general of NSP along with Mr Ravi Philemon, Mr Bryan Long and Mr Osman Sulaiman spoke to the media prior to the SPP walkabout at Bishan Street 22 on Sunday, 1 March on their intentions to join SPP as members.

All except for Mr Osman have submitted their applications to join SPP as members. Mr Osman has said that he would be submitting his application in due time.

Earlier this year, Mrs Chong-Aruldoss, 51, lawyer was not elected into Central Executive Committee (CEC) in the recent CEC election on Jan 25 as with the other three former members.

All of four have said that they just recently submitted their resignation to NSP.

JEANETTEMrs Chong-Aruldoss said that she hopes to support SPP as much as she can, as it is a party that she would want to put her weight behind.

In regards to her intention to join SPP as member, Mrs Chong-Aruldoss said, “I think all parties will need membership to be approved by the CEC, so it is not like you want to join, you can join. So it is something that the party has to deliberate upon.”

She added that it is a process that everyone has to go through and she respect that.

Mrs Chong-Aruldoss said she would help out in the ways she can for SPP even if she is not standing for election as this is a party she wants to help out in.

She would like to see SPP win the election and enter parliament. Whether she would contest in Mountbatten SMC which she was fielded as a NSP candidate in GE2011, Mrs Jeanette said that she would leave the decision to the CEC if her membership application should be approved.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
she will single handedlee take down the bishan toa payoh GRC and boot out the why-angry-Jo

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Typical opposition flip flopper.

I don't think she will last long in SPP. SPP is too much of a personal fiefdom of the Chiams. That's why Chiam's protege, Ben Phee, also left shortly.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i beg to differ, she knowing that chiam and wifey won't last at their age, that's why she join. she may be the torch bearer for SPP in time to come, she damn li hai...NSP after nicole left, flame has stopped burning.

Typical opposition flip flopper.

I don't think she will last long in SPP. SPP is too much of a personal fiefdom of the Chiams. That's why Chiam's protege, Ben Phee, also left shortly.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i beg to differ, she knowing that chiam and wifey won't last at their age, that's why she join. she may be the torch bearer for SPP in time to come, she damn li hai...NSP after nicole left, flame has stopped burning.

I take that we are in agreement based on the current facts, NSP is a gone-fuck party.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lina chiam is at least a NMP and she had asked good and sensible questions in parliament so far. there is hope for SPP jeanette to win a seat in coming election.

I take that we are in agreement based on the current facts, NSP is a gone-fuck party.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bad for the opposition. Since 2011, division of SDP into SDP and Singfirst. Division of SPP into SPP and DPP. Division of NSP into NSP and NSP breakaway possibly joining SPP.

This only means one thing. Evening out of the strength of the various opposition parties, confirmed leading to a significant number of 3CF.

Bad for Jeannette also. If SPP is what she chose, I can quite guarantee that she'll join her 4th party in her political lifetime.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Party hopping can never be perceived in positive light in our conservative society. Other than this, if SPP wasn't their first choice when they enter politics (e.g Jeanette had switch 3 parties within 5 years), how are they going to convince voters to make SPP their choice?

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jeanette is a good person. She will get my vote regardless of the party she represents. Watch Nicole moving to join her soon.... they are like sisters.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Party hopping can never be perceived in positive light in our conservative society. Other than this, if SPP wasn't their first choice when they enter politics (e.g Jeanette had switch 3 parties within 5 years), how are they going to convince voters to make SPP their choice?

that she has gone from strenght to strenght, stepping on the shoulders of giants. she will make it big one day.

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jude Tan: Opposition politicians seems to have no principles. If you join a party that you truly believes resonates with what you believe in (in terms of their manifesto, etc), then it doesn't make sense jumping from party to party just because you suffer a minor setback or do not get what you want. What it basically says of you is that you do not believe in any given manifesto or principles, but join a political party for your own self-gain and political advantage.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
stuck to principle and down the slippery slope.

tell that to the almost extinct barbers. tat's what FAP trying to do... with the same set of outdated principles designed to convenient themselve, bureacratic nonsense n self enrichment.

main-barber.jpg

you can resonate your butt in those backlanes of petain with your outdated principles.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not a good idea to join SPP as its too dominated by the Chiam's,,,wont go far,,,and cannot outshine the Chiam's. She should have join SFP,,,,just my rants