• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hippos eveolved from cetaceans

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
This fuckdo thinks his arguments are more valid than yours because he can personally provide bible verses as proofs, so he also expected you to personally to show him a fossil and carbon dating result done by you instead of what you read or seen from the movies are not credible.

Evolution is a different branch of science from abiogenesis. I can he is trying to use abiogenesis to trap you, very cunning for someone writing like a knowledgeable apologetic christian theist.

He said noah did not have to gather all the animals but only a pair of each animals. That would be 2 times are the number of known animal species. The figure for all known species today is in billion. LOL.

I have posted many times the bible is written by men, by a less civilized and taken slave tribe. The bible describes a flat earth which is fixed and the sun revolves around it. It was a very logical understanding in the past, but not now. Human understanding has improved but those fundamental christian nuts are using their fairy tale books to knock at science. I have provided many evidences that the bible is not a holy book but they still believe that it is the inerrant WORD of god. Lol. I am having a good laugh reading his posts.

DIVA likes to makes false statements against Christians.:rolleyes:

To me, quoting the Bible does not mean the argument is valid, and I never hinted at that...ever. Quoting the Bible verses is to show (many times) that the Bible critics are ignorant of what they are critical of.

I did not demand that anyone dig their own fossils and do their own C14 tests. I only make the factual observation that most of us have an authority (or authorities) that we trust. And this is really faith at work because you are trusting (putting faith) in what the authority says, without being able to personally test and verify what is being said. That's where beliefs come in. You have them, though you would probably deny them.

Pray tell how evolution is detached from abiogenesis aka chemical evolution? Just as evolutionists attack the beginning, Genesis, the book of origins. I am also bringing the attack on evolution to the beginning, your starting point for life. Fair game. Stop sulking.

As you can see, DIVA makes the common mistake of NOT READING the Bible, and is woefully ignorant of creationist literature. We talk "kinds" he only see "species". DIVA is a rare species of the atheist kind! One that is always defeated by a slightly more knowledgeble theist! LOL!

DIVA says he laughs at my posts, but is woefully blinded by his own shortcomings and ignorance about what I believe and what Christianity teaches. Yes, the Bible is written by men, no Christian disputes that. But we add that it is ultimately authored by God because of the doctrine of inspiration, which of course DIVA knows nothing about. He says the Bible teaches a flat earth and the sun moves around it. Really? How come I don't come to that conclusion at all? Someone is not telling the truth, or not interpreting the Bible correctly. No prizes for who is failing to interpret the Bible correctly, it is DIVA.

DIVA says he has proven the Bible is not a holy book, using what? Arguments by outrage and lots of fallacies thrown in! LOL! It is very tiring to keep refuting his arguments that he cut and paste from somewhere else. And he doesn't even accept correction, he pretends nothing has been answered. DIVA is not an honest atheist. But hey, what can we expect from DIVA?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
He isn't the only one who believes the stories in the bible as actual events that happened, but I have to say he is well versed in the topic. For me, its okay, I am passing my time and enjoying it at the same time. We cannot stop people with a deep sense of mission to try to influence others and maybe he feels righteous in his support for the bible. I wish though that people in these shoes spend time looking for bigfoot, yeti, or in this part of the world, the Orang Pendek. It's more interesting and realistic than stories of some divine bloke who is claimed to be everywhere, made everything, but nobody has seen.

Cheers!

When dealing with people like DIVA, one certainly has to know his stuff. :wink:

Neither can we stop people like DIVA who is on a mission to discredit and defame Christianity, but always backfire on himself and gets himself discredited and shamed in the process! LOL!

It would be better if DIVA take the time to examine his own atheistic beliefs and see for himself how illogical and irrational his own beliefs are, and how much he has to borrow from theism to even think that atheism can be true. But DIVA's intellectual capability is probably not there yet. Village atheists can't think deeper because it hurts their brains. LOL!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
One does not need to be an expert of biblical stuff to conclude that it is not factual. Reading a few lines from it will already tell one it is a story book. How many time does one need to read the Great Book to find out that it said God made the universe in seven days! Reading it with an open mind, one simply interpretes seven days as seven "periods" of time span, whatever period those "spans" may be and not 24 hour earth days. That is if your god the "designer." And the universe is still expanding - how come god didn't stop once he completed it?

King David was a king in Israel's history, that happened. Whether he killed this giant with a slingshot or not, that is debatable. But the story as told certainly glamorised this Hebrew character. In any case, the topic here is how factual are the reports in the bible, not how well-versed I am on bible stories. You look down on people with little biblical knowledge?

Intelligence evolved from the experience of that organism, and some are more capable than others. Some dogs are more trainable than others. Some cannot be trained. And all of them have their own personalities, and intelligence level.

120 years seems an awfully long time to build a boat. Some cuts of wood may not be able to last that long without some kind of preservative. And here again, that the human builder of this vessel could live this long? You are asking me to believe that? Of course you would. God made it possible.

Cheers!

Since you admit your knowledge of the Bible is so scanty, then shouldn't humility be the trait you should put on in discussing this topic? And instead of questioning the Bible, shouldn't your approach be more teachable? You have made definite conclusions about the Bible based on little knowledge, and have been corrected again and again. Shouldn't that make you rethink what you think you know about the Bible? You said the Bible is partly true but mostly glamorised. Again, how did you reach this conclusion? What are your supporting evidence?

The point about the Pyramids is that knowledge can be lost. But more importantly, that people in the past are also highly intelligent. How does evolutionists explain intelligence? Where does it come from? Life coming from nonlife is already an evolution-stopper. Now you have to explain how intelligence can come from non-intelligence! Yours is an uphill task, climbing Mount Impossible!

If I recall correctly you asked how Noah could have taken all the species of the animals on earth on the Ark, perhaps you meant 2 of each species? Even so, you were wrong, Noah only needed to take 2 of each kind, 7 of some. You said the Ark never existed. How do you know that? Because it is impossible to build one? Would 120 years be enough time to build an Ark? Can Noah hire workers to build an Ark? Just what is it that would make you say that the Ark never existed?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Know what stuff? When your argument is based on knowing what the Bible says as "truth," it makes one wonder whether you are able to think? You agree that humans can live till 900 years old? That a woman can conceive whilst still a virgin? That a dead man can rise from the dead? You call this kind of mindset "knowledgeable?" I do not wish to belittle you, but have to say you'd be at least a funnier person if you read Aesop's fables!

Cheers!

When dealing with people like DIVA, one certainly has to know his stuff. :wink:

Neither can we stop people like DIVA who is on a mission to discredit and defame Christianity, but always backfire on himself and gets himself discredited and shamed in the process! LOL!

It would be better if DIVA take the time to examine his own atheistic beliefs and see for himself how illogical and irrational his own beliefs are, and how much he has to borrow from theism to even think that atheism can be true. But DIVA's intellectual capability is probably not there yet. Village atheists can't think deeper because it hurts their brains. LOL!

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Know what stuff? When your argument is based on knowing what the Bible says as "truth," it makes one wonder whether you are able to think? You agree that humans can live till 900 years old? That a woman can conceive whilst still a virgin? That a dead man can rise from the dead? You call this kind of mindset "knowledgeable?" I do not wish to belittle you, but have to say you'd be at least a funnier person if you read Aesop's fables!

Cheers!

Know the stuff to correct atheists with.:p

And not just from the Bible (which is an authoritative source for me) but from other sources of knowledge as well. Yes, I believe what's in the Bible. And that is chicken feat compared to the lengths that atheists must believe! As a noted book title says "I do not have enough faith to be an atheist!"

http://www.worldmag.com/2015/02/frank_turek_on_the_faith_of_atheists

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
One does not need to be an expert of biblical stuff to conclude that it is not factual. Reading a few lines from it will already tell one it is a story book. How many time does one need to read the Great Book to find out that it said God made the universe in seven days! Reading it with an open mind, one simply interpretes seven days as seven "periods" of time span, whatever period those "spans" may be and not 24 hour earth days. That is if your god the "designer." And the universe is still expanding - how come god didn't stop once he completed it?

King David was a king in Israel's history, that happened. Whether he killed this giant with a slingshot or not, that is debatable. But the story as told certainly glamorised this Hebrew character. In any case, the topic here is how factual are the reports in the bible, not how well-versed I am on bible stories. You look down on people with little biblical knowledge?

Intelligence evolved from the experience of that organism, and some are more capable than others. Some dogs are more trainable than others. Some cannot be trained. And all of them have their own personalities, and intelligence level.

120 years seems an awfully long time to build a boat. Some cuts of wood may not be able to last that long without some kind of preservative. And here again, that the human builder of this vessel could live this long? You are asking me to believe that? Of course you would. God made it possible.

Cheers!

You are not reading well. The very first line of the Bible is already telling you a simple truth that science only just discovered recently, that the universe (space time matter) has a beginning. And no, God did not take 7 days to create the universe and all that is in it. To interpret the days of creation as "long periods of time" is to open the door to render everything the Bible says as up for anyone to decide what it means. Why do you interpret it as long periods of time anyway? Because that's what the text says? Or because you believe science has proven that and you need to re-interpret the Bible to fit what science says? What if science one day says the universe is about 6000 years? And why would an expanding universe counts against the Genesis account of creation?

I don't look down on people with little Biblical knowledge. But with haughty atheists like DIVA who knows little but brags a lot, such people need to be put in their place, lest they think that Christians are walking mats. My strategy is to put DIVAs on the defensive, as they like to think that they are so smart to keep attacking the Christian worldview, thinking that by throwing many objections they can always put us on the defensive. But as you can see, DIVAs are not used to defending atheism and they really suck (sorry for saying that) at attempting to do so. He ends up saying he beds my wife. :rolleyes: I don't know what really happened but when I got home everything was fine, but the female stray cat seemed a bit unusual though. LOL!

You said intelligence evolved, but evolved from what? Can a lifeless stone become an intelligent person if you give it a billion years? You can't give what you don't have.

Yes, 120 years is a long time to build a boat. But guess what, the Bible says that Noah was preaching righteousness that whole time. 120 years of mercy, for man to repent, that's also how you should see it. Yes, people in the past lived that long. And today, we are trying to live longer. But the creationist explanation is that the human population went through a genetic bottleneck at the time of the Flood and that's why human lifespan dropped drastically since.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
It all depends on how one chooses to view things. If you accept the bible as truth, then it makes your life easier and you do not have to bother with further investigation and research. Good thing for our species is that some hardworking blokes pursued to look deeper and understand the nature of things, and we have come much further in medicine, technology, and overall understanding beyond the Flat Earth thinking.

Cheers!

Know the stuff to correct atheists with.:p

And not just from the Bible (which is an authoritative source for me) but from other sources of knowledge as well. Yes, I believe what's in the Bible. And that is chicken feat compared to the lengths that atheists must believe! As a noted book title says "I do not have enough faith to be an atheist!"

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course I do interpret the bible when I read it. It is not possible for me to accept it at face value and take it ad verbatim. If our universe had been here forever, it would be in thermal equilibrium. And if God made the universe, he hasn't stopped, he is still expanding it, because it is growing. Yes, different people interpret the bible according to what they feel is correct, that is why slavery was endorsed by the ruling classes in history, and that is why Christian societies had no objection to keeping beasts of burden and raising dairy animals.

You are a good Christian though, you remain cool and calm after DIVA bedded your wife! If you were a paganistic heathen, you would have charged him money for that!:biggrin:

Cheers!

You are not reading well. The very first line of the Bible is already telling you a simple truth that science only just discovered recently, that the universe (space time matter) has a beginning. And no, God did not take 7 days to create the universe and all that is in it. To interpret the days of creation as "long periods of time" is to open the door to render everything the Bible says as up for anyone to decide what it means. Why do you interpret it as long periods of time anyway? Because that's what the text says? Or because you believe science has proven that and you need to re-interpret the Bible to fit what science says? What if science one day says the universe is about 6000 years? And why would an expanding universe counts against the Genesis account of creation?

I don't look down on people with little Biblical knowledge. But with haughty atheists like DIVA who knows little but brags a lot, such people need to be put in their place, lest they think that Christians are walking mats. My strategy is to put DIVAs on the defensive, as they like to think that they are so smart to keep attacking the Christian worldview, thinking that by throwing many objections they can always put us on the defensive. But as you can see, DIVAs are not used to defending atheism and they really suck (sorry for saying that) at attempting to do so. He ends up saying he beds my wife. :rolleyes: I don't know what really happened but when I got home everything was fine, but the female stray cat seemed a bit unusual though. LOL!

You said intelligence evolved, but evolved from what? Can a lifeless stone become an intelligent person if you give it a billion years? You can't give what you don't have.

Yes, 120 years is a long time to build a boat. But guess what, the Bible says that Noah was preaching righteousness that whole time. 120 years of mercy, for man to repent, that's also how you should see it. Yes, people in the past lived that long. And today, we are trying to live longer. But the creationist explanation is that the human population went through a genetic bottleneck at the time of the Flood and that's why human lifespan dropped drastically since.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
BTW, when I wrote ALL the animals, that was a mistake, I wrote too quickly, I meant to write a "mating pair of EVERY species." Even then, this is an impossible task - every species!!! Every specie bovine, canine, feline, porcine? Ungulates, marsupial, avian, reptilian? And upon landing the Ark when land was seen, the animals ALL knew where to go? All the lemurs ended in Madagascar? All the marsupials in Oz? What about the marine mammals like manatees, dugongs, and seals? They went aboard the Ark too? And what did Noah and his family feed the carnivores? What about anteaters? What did they eat? And what about plants? Won't many species perish underwater? Saltwater? So did Noah bring any plants on board?

The only way such a task would have been possible is to take the DNA samples of these organism and keep them under cryogenic storage and reactivate these cells when the conditions permit. Too bad this method wasn't yet known when the bible was written. Our species had to evolve a lot more to reach this level.

Cheers!

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
It all depends on how one chooses to view things. If you accept the bible as truth, then it makes your life easier and you do not have to bother with further investigation and research. Good thing for our species is that some hardworking blokes pursued to look deeper and understand the nature of things, and we have come much further in medicine, technology, and overall understanding beyond the Flat Earth thinking.

Cheers!

There's absolutely no logic in concluding that when you believe the Bible that means it is a science stopper. I believe I told you before that rise of science was due largely because of a Christian worldview. This is a fact that has been documented in books about the history of science. You can of course choose to deny such inconvenient facts.:wink:

And that flat earth mockery thing? You need to wake up to reality, because no creationist I know holds to a flat earth belief, or says that the Bible teaches it. That's what atheists use to make the Bible look bad, but they are completely unable to prove that view from the Bible. And I doubt atheists would bother to be corrected no matter what is told them. Below are some links for you to check out, though I won't be surprised if you commit the genetic fallacy over them.

http://www.christiananswers.net/q-aig/aig-c034.html
http://www.creationtips.com/flatearth.html
http://www.biblicalcreation.org.uk/educational_issues/bcs105.html

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course I do interpret the bible when I read it. It is not possible for me to accept it at face value and take it ad verbatim. If our universe had been here forever, it would be in thermal equilibrium. And if God made the universe, he hasn't stopped, he is still expanding it, because it is growing. Yes, different people interpret the bible according to what they feel is correct, that is why slavery was endorsed by the ruling classes in history, and that is why Christian societies had no objection to keeping beasts of burden and raising dairy animals.

You are a good Christian though, you remain cool and calm after DIVA bedded your wife! If you were a paganistic heathen, you would have charged him money for that!:biggrin:

Cheers!

Of course we interpret what we read. The question is HOW we go about interpreting what we read. There's good/right interpretation and there is bad/wrong interpretation. Differing and contradictory interpretations cannot be equally right nor can the right interpretation be a matter of feeling good or personal preferences.

You said you don't take the Bible at face value. I take it that you mean the plain sense meaning, as in it PLAINLY says at FACE VALUE that God created the universe, earth etc in 6 days and rested on the 7th day. Indeed the universe has a finite age, it did not exist forever or else we would have reached heat death long ago. Since that did not happen, the universe must have a beginning. And this is proclaimed in the first verse of the first book of the Bible.

LOL! Did DIVA bed my wife? He really thinks he is such a cassanova meh?:rolleyes: Nah...atheists sometimes like to make it personal when they realise that they can't win the theist. So they will change tact and try to make their better opponents angry by talking crap. I'm too seasoned to fall for such lame ruses. Anyway, like I said, the stray feline was looking really horny! Desperate DIVA will go to the extremes! Poor DIVA. LOL!

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
BTW, when I wrote ALL the animals, that was a mistake, I wrote too quickly, I meant to write a "mating pair of EVERY species." Even then, this is an impossible task - every species!!! Every specie bovine, canine, feline, porcine? Ungulates, marsupial, avian, reptilian? And upon landing the Ark when land was seen, the animals ALL knew where to go? All the lemurs ended in Madagascar? All the marsupials in Oz? What about the marine mammals like manatees, dugongs, and seals? They went aboard the Ark too? And what did Noah and his family feed the carnivores? What about anteaters? What did they eat? And what about plants? Won't many species perish underwater? Saltwater? So did Noah bring any plants on board?

The only way such a task would have been possible is to take the DNA samples of these organism and keep them under cryogenic storage and reactivate these cells when the conditions permit. Too bad this method wasn't yet known when the bible was written. Our species had to evolve a lot more to reach this level.

Cheers!

There you go again, even after I have corrected you, that the Bible mentioned KINDS. If you are familiar with creationist literature (apparently not:wink:) you would have known that the Biblical kind is probably at the family or genus level in the Linnean classification. Linneaus, by the way, was a Biblical creationist! So it is not 2 of every species but 2 of every kind. In any case, God was the one sending the animals to Noah, so one can argue that God knows EVEN IF Noah doesn't know what a kind is.

Again I urge you to pick up a Bible and read, or read an online Bible. Find out for yourself the answers to the questions you ask. Read and see for yourself whether God told Noah to bring marine creatures up the Ark. (Hint: No). Truth is, the God that you reject is simply too small and impotent, because it is a God of your own imagination. The real God, that described in the Bible, bears little resemblance to the one that atheists deny. Did all marsupials land up in Aussie land? (Hint: No) The Bible does not give us all the details, as in exactly which paths the animals took when they left the Ark. And it is quite likely that after one year on the Ark, some pairs of animals came off the Ark as families too. In any case, God creating the animals makes more sense than the evolutionary story, that from a single cell came ALL the variety of living things on earth! LOL!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since when did I say the Bible is a science stopper? I never said that, and I never said that Christians do not believe in science, many are very open minded and involved in scientific studies. All I am saying is that the Bible is full of stories. By that I mean exactly that - stories.

What mockery? Flat earth is just a term used to describe a simple mindset. If as a defendant of the great book you are offended by that, it is not my doing.

Atheist do not need to make the bible look bad, it does that by itself (if you consider that bad). People who think will know it is not factual. And some do try to find a possible explanation for the events in it (eg. red algae bloom has been used to explain water turning into blood in the Nile as one of the plaques that fell on Pharoah's Egypt).

I am not asking you to prove the events in the Bible, but if you seem bent on showing how truthful it is - just how do you prove the virgin birth?

Cheers!

There's absolutely no logic in concluding that when you believe the Bible that means it is a science stopper. I believe I told you before that rise of science was due largely because of a Christian worldview. This is a fact that has been documented in books about the history of science. You can of course choose to deny such inconvenient facts.:wink:

And that flat earth mockery thing? You need to wake up to reality, because no creationist I know holds to a flat earth belief, or says that the Bible teaches it. That's what atheists use to make the Bible look bad, but they are completely unable to prove that view from the Bible. And I doubt atheists would bother to be corrected no matter what is told them. Below are some links for you to check out, though I won't be surprised if you commit the genetic fallacy over them.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is one gigantic topic, so I will cut it smaller. Let's take a pair of Red Kangaroos, from Oz (I take it the continents already separated at the assumed time of the Great Ark). So, these hopping critters hopped from Oz, swam across the seas separating Oz from Asia, and hopped all the way to somewhere in the Middle-East to board the ship, and when the waters subsided, they hopped and swam home to Oz again?

Yup, not all the marsupials made it back to Oz, some stopped in Papua New Guinea. It seems like they all knew the way home though. Or did marsupials (and other animals) evolve regionally according to climate, diet, landscape?

Evolution from simple cellular creatures into complex ones may be difficult to imagine, but it is more possible than creation and these animals "popping" out from dust when they first appeared.

Cheers!

Again I urge you to pick up a Bible and read, or read an online Bible. Find out for yourself the answers to the questions you ask. Read and see for yourself whether God told Noah to bring marine creatures up the Ark. (Hint: No). Truth is, the God that you reject is simply too small and impotent, because it is a God of your own imagination. The real God, that described in the Bible, bears little resemblance to the one that atheists deny. Did all marsupials land up in Aussie land? (Hint: No) The Bible does not give us all the details, as in exactly which paths the animals took when they left the Ark. And it is quite likely that after one year on the Ark, some pairs of animals came off the Ark as families too. In any case, God creating the animals makes more sense than the evolutionary story, that from a single cell came ALL the variety of living things on earth! LOL!

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since when did I say the Bible is a science stopper? I never said that, and I never said that Christians do not believe in science, many are very open minded and involved in scientific studies. All I am saying is that the Bible is full of stories. By that I mean exactly that - stories.

What mockery? Flat earth is just a term used to describe a simple mindset. If as a defendant of the great book you are offended by that, it is not my doing.

Atheist do not need to make the bible look bad, it does that by itself (if you consider that bad). People who think will know it is not factual. And some do try to find a possible explanation for the events in it (eg. red algae bloom has been used to explain water turning into blood in the Nile as one of the plaques that fell on Pharoah's Egypt).

I am not asking you to prove the events in the Bible, but if you seem bent on showing how truthful it is - just how do you prove the virgin birth?

Cheers!

You wrote in #27 "If you accept the bible as truth, then it makes your life easier and you do not have to bother with further investigation and research". I took it to mean that you were saying that Bible believers no need to do any science, hence the science stopper remark. Correct me if I am wrong.

Yes, there are stories and there are TRUE stories. Just because you see the word "story" does not necessarily put it in the realm of fiction.

Flat earth is mere description of simple mindset? That's a novel twist in usage. In any case, you should interact with more Christians, you will see for yourself that they are NOT flat earthers and many are anything but simple in their mindset. Perhaps you need to clarify what you mean by "simple mindset". Do you mean gullible? Or you mean low in IQ and intelligence? :rolleyes:

The Bible is a true record of the good, the bad and the ugly. It portrays the best and worst of men. It says the Nile river was changed to blood. You would be insulting the Egyptians if you say they can't tell the difference between blood and algae! Bible critics like to use naturalistic explanations (because they have already decided way before that there is no God no supernatural) to dismiss the Bible narratives, but in so doing they end up with an even more unbelievable and absurd result. Some even said the Red Sea was just knee high and the Israelites just wade across it. Oh really? Then the Egyptian armies all drowned in knee high waters! LOL!

I never said I can prove all the events in the Bible. Come on, even atheists cannot prove the events that are recorded in nonbiblical history books or ancient documents. You need to know what you are even asking, and whether you are reasonable in what you are asking. Historical matters are "proven" (and I use it in a non-scientific way) by other methods, via written records, testimonies etc etc. Regarding the virgin birth, can I prove it happened? Nope. Do I believe it happened? Yes. Are there evidence to support the virgin birth? Yes. In fact, one of the argument for it is that there is no good reason for anyone to make it up! Hey, if I want you to believe in something I made up, why make it harder by putting more things for you to object in?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is one gigantic topic, so I will cut it smaller. Let's take a pair of Red Kangaroos, from Oz (I take it the continents already separated at the assumed time of the Great Ark). So, these hopping critters hopped from Oz, swam across the seas separating Oz from Asia, and hopped all the way to somewhere in the Middle-East to board the ship, and when the waters subsided, they hopped and swam home to Oz again?

Yup, not all the marsupials made it back to Oz, some stopped in Papua New Guinea. It seems like they all knew the way home though. Or did marsupials (and other animals) evolve regionally according to climate, diet, landscape?

Evolution from simple cellular creatures into complex ones may be difficult to imagine, but it is more possible than creation and these animals "popping" out from dust when they first appeared.

Cheers!

Your unfamiliarity with creationist literature is understandable, but if one year later we are still debating on similar issues then it becomes clear that you can't be bothered with understanding the opposing views, and that is no excuse.

The continents would have largely broken up during the initial stages of the Flood when the fountains of the deep burst opened. After the Flood came the ice age (which the evolutionists still have no idea how it happened) where land bridges were around for a while, enough time for animals to move over. These land bridges then disappeared and the animals that found their way to where they are now either went extinct or were hunted till gone, or they managed to thrive and survive. http://www.christiananswers.net/q-aig/aig-c006.html

And why do you say the evolution is more possible than creation? The only reason I can think of is nothing because you have any scientific basis for saying that, but because you already have a philosophical bias at work, that there is no God. So even if evolution is impossible, it must still be possible, otherwise there is no other explanation available for you.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do have Christians in my circle of acquaintances, they do not preach their faith to others, they do not debate about the events in the bible and how true they are, they do their work, respect others' beliefs. They come from disciplines which cover some scientific fields. I can see they are involved in Christianity for its social reasons, fellowship, community service, than for ideology. Yes, people who believe in the bible as truth have no need to further their quest for how things happened. They happened because God made it so, the bible said so. They do not question what they consider to be correct.

Yes, there are both true and untrue stories. Some can be illogical. Yet believed. Just not by everyone.

To clarify my meaning when I said "simple mindset" - I refer to those who believe the events in the bible occurred as described. Noah's Ark, events in the exodus, mannah from the skies, angels appearing to the prophets, the stories in the life of Jesus, the person of Jesus himself.

Logical people will definitely use things that actually can happen in our physical world to try and explain the events in the bible. Even if they are at the moment far fetched (eg. extra terrestrials as angels), because they are not children who believe in fairy tales. Red algae can be used to explain the redness seen in the Nile, which your bible said was blood, because red is the colour of blood when seen by human eyes. BTW, if it was really blood, whose (or what) blood was it? If this actually happened.

If you wish to believe that Mary, the human mother of Jesus gave birth to him without having intercourse, it is your free will. But don't expect others to think that way, it is not intelligent, in fact, it is dumb.

Cheers!

You wrote in #27 "If you accept the bible as truth, then it makes your life easier and you do not have to bother with further investigation and research". I took it to mean that you were saying that Bible believers no need to do any science, hence the science stopper remark. Correct me if I am wrong.

Yes, there are stories and there are TRUE stories. Just because you see the word "story" does not necessarily put it in the realm of fiction.

Flat earth is mere description of simple mindset? That's a novel twist in usage. In any case, you should interact with more Christians, you will see for yourself that they are NOT flat earthers and many are anything but simple in their mindset. Perhaps you need to clarify what you mean by "simple mindset". Do you mean gullible? Or you mean low in IQ and intelligence? :rolleyes:

The Bible is a true record of the good, the bad and the ugly. It portrays the best and worst of men. It says the Nile river was changed to blood. You would be insulting the Egyptians if you say they can't tell the difference between blood and algae! Bible critics like to use naturalistic explanations (because they have already decided way before that there is no God no supernatural) to dismiss the Bible narratives, but in so doing they end up with an even more unbelievable and absurd result. Some even said the Red Sea was just knee high and the Israelites just wade across it. Oh really? Then the Egyptian armies all drowned in knee high waters! LOL!

I never said I can prove all the events in the Bible. Come on, even atheists cannot prove the events that are recorded in nonbiblical history books or ancient documents. You need to know what you are even asking, and whether you are reasonable in what you are asking. Historical matters are "proven" (and I use it in a non-scientific way) by other methods, via written records, testimonies etc etc. Regarding the virgin birth, can I prove it happened? Nope. Do I believe it happened? Yes. Are there evidence to support the virgin birth? Yes. In fact, one of the argument for it is that there is no good reason for anyone to make it up! Hey, if I want you to believe in something I made up, why make it harder by putting more things for you to object in?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unfamiliarity is somewhat inaccurate, it is more like I dispute with it as factual.

Continents were already formed and took their current positions (over billions of years) when the story of the Ark (a couple of thousand years?) was told. The ice age(s) are currently suspected to come and go in cycles, probably over hundreds of thousands (or millions) of years. The animals who boarded the Ark had lots of distance and varied terrains to cover!!! Not to mention some species of ants who had to cover those distances!!!

Oi, c'mon lah, your God may have the authority to command the animals to head towards the Ark obediently, but unless mechanical transportation was available, it would have been impossible for the majority of animals to have made it! That's why it makes a great movie.

Cheers!

Your unfamiliarity with creationist literature is understandable, but if one year later we are still debating on similar issues then it becomes clear that you can't be bothered with understanding the opposing views, and that is no excuse.

The continents would have largely broken up during the initial stages of the Flood when the fountains of the deep burst opened. After the Flood came the ice age (which the evolutionists still have no idea how it happened) where land bridges were around for a while, enough time for animals to move over. These land bridges then disappeared and the animals that found their way to where they are now either went extinct or were hunted till gone, or they managed to thrive and survive. http://www.christiananswers.net/q-aig/aig-c006.html

And why do you say the evolution is more possible than creation? The only reason I can think of is nothing because you have any scientific basis for saying that, but because you already have a philosophical bias at work, that there is no God. So even if evolution is impossible, it must still be possible, otherwise there is no other explanation available for you.

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
What if science one day says the universe is about 6000 years?

Science proved conclusive the universe is million of years old. :wink:

And no, God did not take 7 days to create..
Then god (dog) took how many days? So open to interpretation, another evidence that it is a fairytale. :wink:

Yes, 120 years is a long time to build a boat.?

Where did the bible say it took 120 years to build? You are good at adding to fairytale with your own fairytale. No surprise. :wink:

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agoraphobic,
The tower of Babel was claimed to build to reach heaven, Where is heaven, at least the direction?

What is the different in understanding between kind and species in the past?
How many kinds you think were there during noah's time?
How many known kinds today?

God punished the serpent, making him crawl on his stomach. Does that mean God also punished other 'kind' that crawl on belly?

Labour was a punishment by God for disobedience and eating the forbidden fruit?
Without labour, how do human and animals give birth to offsprings?

Kangaroo can swim, but can they swim in deep ocean for more than 1 hour without exhaustion?
Even if the animals from various regions far away from middle-eastern managed to drop off successful from the mythical boat, then all the lands and even mountains were still covered by water till the flood fully subsided. They will still die from drowning even if some can 'swim'. Fuckdo's fairytale extension to the original fairytale is non-logical, non-scientific, non-biblical(which part of genesis?). Another psalm23, self delusional and artful in 'make-up' fairytale injections and lies. He really looks down on low educated people who lacked the opportunity. No surprise, most apologetic conservative christians are hypocrites who appeared nice at first. He is so ashamed to let people know his denomination:wink:

Fuckdo can show us a little science by dropping his children into the indian ocean and see whether they will survive from dog's miracle. :wink:

There are many holes than explanations. :wink: More holes than cheese cake! What a fairytale, the greatest lie in history!

Also, you make the common mistake that there were all species of animals on the Ark. No, it was only two of each kind. And seven for some kinds.

Last edited: