• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

god does not exist

kongkek

Alfrescian
Loyal
No one has ever seen him.

No one can ever attest his existence.

Men who claim to serve him, serve only themselves.

Two working hands do more than a thousand clasp in prayer.

Please don't quote me the bible. That is aslo written by man

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
No one has ever seen him.

No one can ever attest his existence.

Men who claim to serve him, serve only themselves.

Two working hands do more than a thousand clasp in prayer.

Please don't quote me the bible. That is aslo written by man

Assertions and claims noted.

Now, if you would just make a case for each assertion and claim above. :wink:

kongkek

Alfrescian
Loyal
"I would challenge anyone here to think of a question upon which we once had a scientific answer, however inadequate, but for which now the best answer is a religious one. Now, you can think of an uncountable number of questions that run the other way, where we once had a religious answer and now the authority of religion has been battered and nullified by science, and by moral progress, and by secular progress generally. And I think that’s not an accident." -- Sam Harris

“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?” -- Epicurus

kongkek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Religion has always often if not all the time, been used to explain the unexplainable. For example, the Greeks used Poseidon to explain how earthquakes happen, which we now know is due to the movement of tectonic plates to relieve pressure

If something exists, it can be scientifically quantified...just because it doesn't though, we should just give merit to faith.

When some of you wake up...let me know please.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Religion has always often if not all the time, been used to explain the unexplainable. For example, the Greeks used Poseidon to explain how earthquakes happen, which we now know is due to the movement of tectonic plates to relieve pressure

If something exists, it can be scientifically quantified...just because it doesn't though, we should just give merit to faith.

When some of you wake up...let me know please.

Your faith in scientism is remarkable.

kongkek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your faith in scientism is remarkable.

my friend, I only seek the truth. why do some of us insist to try and believe belief?

Assume I'm wrong - it's ok, I go to hell right? According to the good book

But if i'm right....all the time, money combined with a billion or more believers...in vain?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
my friend, I only seek the truth. why do some of us insist to try and believe belief?

Assume I'm wrong - it's ok, I go to hell right? According to the good book

But if i'm right....all the time, money combined with a billion or more believers...in vain?

If you seek the truth, then scientism is not it. Scientism blinds you to the truth because it distorts science and knowledge.

You did a Pascal's Wager there, if you haven't already noticed that. On a rational level, if you are right, then really what did believers like me get to lose? Money? Time? But so what? We were happy to part with it, feeling happy to have done something with it. We were happy, just like you are happy keeping the money to yourself maybe and spending it on things that make you happy? Are we really any worst off when death comes to us all? If atheism is right, we just die and our 70 years on earth is just a little blot in the whole time line of existence. Any kind of meaning you find in that short life span evaporates with your last breath. Even if you think you have left a legacy, so what, it means nothing in the big picture.

BUT!

If you are wrong and I am right...you OK with an eternity in hell, really? Seriously? Friend, you do not want to gain the whole world but lose your soul. This is the Good Book's advice that I leave with you.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If atheism is right, we just die and our 70 years on earth is just a little blot in the whole time line of existence.

Atheism is not annihilationism (which is the opposite of eternalism). The quantum mind can manifest again through physical entanglement. That's why some people have recollections of past lives.

If you are wrong and I am right...you OK with an eternity in hell, really? Seriously? Friend, you do not want to gain the whole world but lose your soul. This is the Good Book's advice that I leave with you.

There is no such thing as a soul. A soul is a fictitious thing made up by ignorant people hooked on crappy story books.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Atheism is not annihilationism (which is the opposite of eternalism). The quantum mind can manifest again through physical entanglement. That's why some people have recollections of past lives.

There is no such thing as a soul. A soul is a fictitious thing made up by ignorant people hooked on crappy story books.

Methinks you are confused annihilationism with nihilism. Nihilism is defined as the belief that traditional morals, ideas, beliefs, etc., have no worth or value. In my view atheism entails nihilism. Why, because if matter is all there is, and if our thoughts anfd beliefs are nothing but chemistry firing off in the brain, then that's just it, there is no good/bad or right/wrong or true/false about chemical reactions. Why can we trust chemical reactions to give us values and beliefs? What is a quantum mind, can you even explain it? I don't think so. Do people have recollections of past lives? How do you establish that? What does a belief in past lives entails? You say there is no soul, how do you know it to be so?

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In my view atheism entails nihilism. Why, because if matter is all there is, and if our thoughts anfd beliefs are nothing but chemistry firing off in the brain, then that's just it, there is no good/bad or right/wrong or true/false about chemical reactions.

Atheism is not materialism. I am an atheist but I am NOT a materialist.

What is a quantum mind, can you even explain it?

Quantum mind is energy, energy that is manifested as consciousness, thoughts, feelings and perceptions. This energy can persist as quantum information or what we call memories.

Do people have recollections of past lives? How do you establish that? What does a belief in past lives entails?

If you believe that consciousness, thoughts, feelings and perceptions are energy that can persist as memories, that's all you need. In fact, each living day of ours is a mini past life. Yesterday was a mini past life. The day before was a mini past life. Each day you wake up is always a new you. You are never the same as yesterday. Your thoughts changes, your feelings changes, your perceptions changes, your body changes, your consciousness changes.

You say there is no soul, how do you know it to be so?

Tell me, which part of you is not subject to change? Your body, or your consciousness, or your thoughts, or your feelings, or your perceptions? Is there anything about the soul that cannot be described by the body, or consciousness, or thoughts, or feelings, or perceptions?

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
God: I'm not who you think I am, morons. In fact, I didn't ask you to know me, for you will never know me. How can you know me? No way.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Atheism is not materialism. I am an atheist but I am NOT a materialist.

Quantum mind is energy, energy that is manifested as consciousness, thoughts, feelings and perceptions. This energy can persist as quantum information or what we call memories.

If you believe that consciousness, thoughts, feelings and perceptions are energy that can persist as memories, that's all you need. In fact, each living day of ours is a mini past life. Yesterday was a mini past life. The day before was a mini past life. Each day you wake up is always a new you. You are never the same as yesterday. Your thoughts changes, your feelings changes, your perceptions changes, your body changes, your consciousness changes.

Tell me, which part of you is not subject to change? Your body, or your consciousness, or your thoughts, or your feelings, or your perceptions? Is there anything about the soul that cannot be described by the body, or consciousness, or thoughts, or feelings, or perceptions?

I think you speak from a Buddhist perspective rather than an atheist perspective. Atheism is not just a denial of God, but a denial of the supernatural and spiritual realm. Atheism also denies a soul. Atheism and materialism and nihilism go hand in hand.

As for quantum mind, I think people like to attach the word "quantum" to describe a subject area that is hard to pin down. How consciousness actually work may still be a mystery, but give it a quantum label and it suddenly gives a sense of being scientific. LOL! Anyways, as you have said, it is a BELIEF. It seems that you are truing too hard to be philosophical but end up being incoherent. Was yesterday a different me than today? So right this moment I am I but just a fleeting moment that was not I? Then I could not be responsible today for what "I" did yesterday, right?

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
God: If you think you're more special than your neighbor, then you're delusional. No one is more special. All the same. I'm not a secret or a teaching or a way of life. I'm God and I no need you to worship me for it means nothing to me. I created the universes, remember?

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Atheism is not just a denial of God

Atheism is the lack of belief in God/gods.

Was yesterday a different me than today? So right this moment I am I but just a fleeting moment that was not I? Then I could not be responsible today for what "I" did yesterday, right?

Yes, you wouldn't be responsible today for what you did yesterday if ALL OF US don't have memories.

But this clearly isn't the case. Memories is the means, the basis, the mechanism for the apparent continuation of this very ephemeral 'I', which is always changing in body, consciousness, thoughts, feelings and perceptions.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Atheism is the lack of belief in God/gods.

Yes, you wouldn't be responsible today for what you did yesterday if ALL OF US don't have memories.

But this clearly isn't the case. Memories is the means, the basis, the mechanism for the apparent continuation of this very ephemeral 'I', which is always changing in body, consciousness, thoughts, feelings and perceptions.

Your definition of atheism is wrong according to http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/atheist

This "lack of belief" definition that is very popularly used by atheists is IMO a convenient cop out for atheists because it implies there is no need for them to shoulder any burden of proof which would be required under the correct definition.

And since we do not have universal amnesia every morning, that means you are still you the moment you exit the womb till the day you die, and also in the hereafter. Thus this is why we are responsible for our actions, even if it was done a long time ago. Nothing to do with memories, but identity.

kongkek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: The God of Logic

Frodo. I want to help people too. Even if in good intentions, believing in something that does not exist is still believing a lie. There are bigger problems out there. We need food on the table. Not praying for it.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Frodo. I want to help people too. Even if in good intentions, believing in something that does not exist is still believing a lie. There are bigger problems out there. We need food on the table. Not praying for it.

You seem to know that God does not exist. Please explain further.

kongkek

Alfrescian
Loyal

Well Frodo, I (or eye) cannot see him

but a billion people believing in something also does not mean he/she/it exists.