• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

KEE CHIU FUCKs AH JUAN!!!

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Chee Soon Juan responds to Chan Chun Sing

I can't tell if this chee soo Juan is a mad dog or what.the singaporeans have heard you for 20 years!!its time to move on!!you are finito!!adious muchachos!!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think his reply is very correct. The govt instead of spending time to improve citizens lives, either do things to the opposite by importing massive foreigners, or do things of no substance like spending time to talk down opposition.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kee Chiu ADMIT THAT STATE-CONTROLLED MEDIA CENSORS OPPOSITION VOICES

[h=1]DID CHAN CHUN SING ADMIT THAT STATE-CONTROLLED MEDIA CENSORS OPPOSITION VOICES?[/h]
Post date:
16 Jan 2015 - 1:37pm

Did Social and Family Development Minister Chan Chun Sing admit that state-controlled media censors opposition voices?

Yesterday, Mr Chan wrote a response to the Huffington Post to criticise them for carrying two commentary pieces written by Singapore Democratic Party's Secretary-General Chee Soon.

Mr Chan also attacked Dr Chee.

"Dr Chee, however, claims he is forced to publish in the foreign media because he has been silenced in the Singapore media," Mr Chan alleged.
"But this is false," Mr Chan continued to insist.

"There are several socio-political websites in Singapore, some with as wide a reach among Singaporeans as the Huffington Post has among Americans. They have run several articles by Dr Chee. The local press also has carried several of Dr Chee’s letters."

However, the truth was that in November, when Dr Chee's article, 'A new vision for Singapore', was published in the Wall Street Journal, The Straits Times did not want to carry it.

"For the record, I offered the piece to The Straits Times, but it was not accepted," Dr Chee had said.

"What I have not made public so far is the fact that I had offered the piece to the Straits Times first. I sent it to the newspaper’s political editors on 13 November 2014 and sent a reminder on 19 November and to enquire if the ST would use it.

"I did not receive a response. It was only then that I offered the piece to the WSJ.

Instead, the government, through its consul-general Jacky Foo in Hong Kong, called Dr Chee "dishonest" and "without a sense of reality".

Mr Chan also said, "As (Dr Chee) has done in the past, he has looked to the foreign media for redemption, chiefly because foreign journalists don’t know him as well as Singaporeans and he believes he can beguile them into believing he is the Aung San Suu Kyi of Singapore politics."

However, Dr Chee had said: "The truth of the matter is that I have always wanted to discuss issues of national importance with my fellow Singaporeans and the most effective way to do this is in the Singaporean media. But it has always been the heavy hand of state censorship that has prevented this.

"If the Government says that my op-ed panders to the Western media, is it not admitting that the piece is unpalatable to the local media?" Dr Chee asked.

Indeed, Mr Chan said that there are "several socio-political websites in Singapore" which would "run several articles by Dr Chee".

It is noteworthy that this also means that Mr Chan acknowledges that state-controlled media has not wanted to run these articles by Dr Chee. Instead, they were only willing (or allowed) to carry his "letters" after state-controlled media was caught practicing censorship against Dr Chee.

Mr Chan also said that the socio-political websites in Singapore which were willing to run the articles by Dr Chee have "as wide a reach among Singaporeans as the Huffington Post has among Americans".

Indeed, Huffington Post is ranked one of the top 100 websites in America. In comparison, The Real Singapore is also ranked the top 100 websites in Singapore, and TR Emeritus and The Online Citizen are also ranked as the top 500.

Clearly, Mr Chan acknowledges that it is the socio-political websites in Singapore such as The Real Singapore, TR Emeritus and The Online Citizen which have allowed Dr Chee and the opposition to have a fair voice.

But it is the state-controlled media which have instead silenced him and the other opposition parties and have prevented them from being heard.

In fact, Mr Chan's latest response to the Huffington Post was carried in all state-controlled media but it does not look like it will be published on the Huffington Post. One can only wonder if the government has once again used state-controlled media to launch a character attack on Dr Chee again.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Kee Chiu ADMIT THAT STATE-CONTROLLED MEDIA CENSORS OPPOSITION VOICES

The Freudian slips aside, leading to admissions that it is indeed controlled, his letter simply confirms that this former Chief of Army is unrefined, lack the intellectual capacity to make well nuanced arguments to build his case. His letter was nothing short of a typical coffee shop talk by uncles over a cup of coffee.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I think his reply is very correct. The govt instead of spending time to improve citizens lives, either do things to the opposite by importing massive foreigners, or do things of no substance like spending time to talk down opposition.

pm5.jpg

ILovePAP

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kee Chiu MUST resign!
He is a national disgrace!
PAP members must not be dragged down by this clown!

PAP NEED LEADERS. NOT CLOWNS!

LEGEND

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not a penny. It's the truth. If I didn't say it, someone else would. I only hope my son can make it to RJC, go to OCS while serving NS, and bag himself a President Scholarship, just like former COA Chan Chun Sing.

How come you think so far liao? Your son will most likely collapses and die while trying to complete his first 2.4km run during BMT. See your face know you PES E type. Poor gene. Only know how to kum Encik's lanjiao to get more time off type. :oIo:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The moral of the lesson is if you wanna do any invention or innovation, go to USA or EU... and stay away from sinkies...

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal

A paper general who could only voice his baloney thru state-controlled media and nothing else speak volume of his intelligence.

Wonder if he would do a one-on-one debate with Dr Chee?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

A paper general who could only voice his baloney thru state-controlled media and nothing else speak volume of his intelligence.

Wonder if he would do a one-on-one debate with Dr Chee?

Sinkies prefer a man who can roll up his sleeves and get the job done, not a big mouth who blows hot air. Most sinkies enjoy watching a debate, but they despise debaters for the liars and good-for-nothings they really are. I am in the grassroots. This is how many on the ground, especially the older generation, feel about the likes of JBJ and Chee. Big mouth. Talk cock only.

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Excerpt from PM LEE ONCE SAID: FOREIGNERS HELP CREATE GOOD JOBS FOR SINGAPOREANS, The Real Singapore

The MOM announced today that it has revoked the work pass privileges of a PRC-owned company Prime Gold International Pte Ltd for discriminatory hiring practices.

According to the Ministry, Prime Gold was retrenching Singaporean workers and filling their positions with new foreign workers to curb problems like job redundancy and running losses.

But truth be told, Prime Gold is merely the tip of the iceberg and it is at most a medium size company with not much bargaining power with the PAP Government.

We know through market chatter and anecdotal evidence that many MNCs and banks in Singapore have been engaging in such discriminatory hiring practices for a long time.

This is especially prevalent in the financial industry, an example being Standard Chartered Bank.

A cursory check through LinkedIn uncovered that an overwhelming majority of its middle and senior management ranks are filled with foreign Indian nationals.

It is also common knowledge that once you hire a foreign Indian national in the Senior or Middle Management position, the entire department will be filled with their nationals, with locals being crowded out or leaving out of frustration at the “ethnic” glass ceiling that eventually manifests itself.

1255516_646847048681619_276387615_n.jpg

AhNehs

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sinkies prefer a man who can roll up his sleeves and get the job done, not a big mouth who blows hot air. Most sinkies enjoy watching a debate, but they despise debaters for the liars and good-for-nothings they really are. I am in the grassroots. This is how many on the ground, especially the older generation, feel about the likes of JBJ and Chee. Big mouth. Talk cock only.

Ah Nehs love to talk cock. You want to SUCK my BIG BLACK COCK?

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Source: Singapore Democratic Party (SDP)

10940547_10153214594933455_726465489102085309_n.png

The Straits Times has refused to publish Dr Chee Soon Juan's letter to Mr Chan Chun Sing. It wanted to edit out the essence of Dr Chee's reply. When Dr Chee said that he would like the letter to be published in full, the Straits Times refused. (The paragraphs in brackets mentioning Mr Lee Kuan Yew and foreigners are the ones the ST wants removed.)

IT IS NOT I WHO IS SACRIFICING SINGAPORE

In his letter 'Chee sacrifices S'pore to win points overseas: Chan Chun Sing' (ST, January 16, 2015), Minister Chan suggests that I am anti-Singapore because I publish op-eds in the international media.

I did not write these pieces to criticise Singapore, I wrote them to criticise PAP policies. The PAP and Singapore are two different things. We must not equate one with the other.

The reason I have written in these news sites is because Singaporean newspapers are reluctant to publish my pieces. Just in the last three month, the Straits Times has rejected all three of my op-eds which I submitted.

[If Mr Chan insists that I am undermining Singapore, then he should note that it is not I but Mr Lee Kuan Yew who, in an interview with National Geographic, a Western magazine, rather uncharitably likened Singaporeans to indolent animals where "spurs" had to be "stuck into the hide” to make us work harder.

It is not I but the PAP who are persuading young Singaporeans not to pursue a university education while giving foreign students generous financial grants to study at our universities.

It is not I but the Government who has allowed in millions of foreigners to work in Singapore at the expense of Singaporeans' jobs and wages.]

Mr Chan should not be directing his anger at me.

He says that I betrayed Mr Chiam See Tong. Former High Court Justice Warren Khoo who presided over the trial between Mr Chiam and the SDP said that he could find no malicious behaviour on the part of the SDP since the Central Executive Committee did attempt to seek reconciliation with Mr Chiam.

To be sure, Mr Chiam has contributed significantly to Singapore and the SDP honours him. We will do this by inviting him to our 35th anniversary dinner to be held later this year.

The differences between the SDP and him are miniscule compared to the problems Singaporeans are facing. It is important that we come together and work for the good of our nation.

There are genuine differences in how the SDP and PAP want to take Singapore forward. On this we can have an honest, even robust, debate. But let us not continue to demonise each other just because we hold different views.

Singaporeans want us to have a contest of ideas, not call each other names.

Chee Soon Juan
Secretary-General
Singapore Democratic Party

End Of Article​

10382820_779715915394731_559939487432045905_n.jpg

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not a penny. It's the truth. If I didn't say it, someone else would. I only hope my son can make it to RJC, go to OCS while serving NS, and bag himself a President Scholarship, just like former COA Chan Chun Sing.

CCS' diatribe is the essence of bitchiness. Your son need not take such a long route if that is your ambition for him.